Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same (80461 Views)

BEST Courses To Read In Nigeria For Better Opportunities / 7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / Which Is Correct Between These Two English Sentence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by trebron(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
What of this sentence;
"Are you as bored as I am?"
There are others. This is not my first time of seeing such.

2 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by PrettySpicey(f): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
Good one, OP.
'Never odd or even' another same sentence when read backward
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by airsaylongcon: 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
kateskitty:

Emm that ain't a complete sentence

What makes "Nurses Run" an incomplete sentence? It is universally accepted that the shortest sentence in the Bible is "Jesus wept" which comprises Noun+Verb the same as Nurses(noun) Run(verb)
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Toks2008(m): 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
odinese:
.you right bruv

Was it a car or a cat I saw

For those that don't understand..

Y'all Gon start from the last word 'saw' and last letter 'w'

Is Gon be like this

Was 'I t'a'c a r'o r'a'c a t'i 'saw'..

Study carefully

GOD bless you jare..because i was totally lost
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:
abeg this thin nor make any sense reading it backwards. leme try "was it a car or a cat I saw" now backwards, "was I cat a or car a it saw". how come its giving same meaning? enlightenment pls
look at each letter of the sentence in reverse they are the same. That is what palindrome simply means............the first alphabet is w, the last is w. second alphabet is "a"....looking at it from reverse the second alphabet too is a....like that until you get the final median alphabet that stands as a mid point for mirroring half of the sentence forward and reverse......I hope you can now grasp?..... shocked
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by airsaylongcon: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
trebron:
What of this sentence;
Please explain how this is a palindrome
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by jice(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
Lovely
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by labamo07(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
A nut for a jar of tuna. No lemon, no melon. Some men interpret nine memos. Gateman sees name, garageman sees nametag...................

2 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by splaytime: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
Cool. But it just has the same letters; it has to be reconstructed to read the same backward. So it doesn't really read the same backwards, thus it is not a palindrome. A palindromic word like RADAR is the same spelt backward. I guess same applies for sentences. wink
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by TruthHurts1(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
yinkuscious:
This is interesting
#Some people won't get it
Cool but it's not the only palindromic sentence in the English Language. There are others like:

Was it a bar or a bat I saw?

Marge lets Norah see Sharon's telegram

Rise to vote, Sir.

Noel saw I was Leon.

No, it is open on one position

A Toyota.

Gate-man sees name, garage-man sees name-tag.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Bollinger(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:
abeg this thin nor make any sense reading it backwards. leme try "was it a car or a cat I saw" now backwards, "was I cat a or car a it saw". how come its giving same meaning? enlightenment pls

I thought I was the only one who was confused. People are just too st.upid. or is the op that is is s.tupid for not explaining exactly what he is trying to convey because when you read the sentence in reverse it actually does not make any sense.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
trebron:
What of this sentence;

Bro ur sentence na off course o....you can get same thing in reverse ooo....seems you don't understand
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ilevic(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
youngice:
lmaoooooo
Osogbo weed at work

lol, are u speaking from experience?
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Myself2(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
I don't completely agree with palindromes...........

WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW when read in reverse,word by word will actually read thus;

WAS I TAC A RO RAC A TI SAW ,so how are they the same ?

Let's stop jumping on the bandwagon,enough of agfreeing with acceptable cliches..........

Think people,think..........
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by splaytime: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
trebron:
What of this sentence;

this would've been cool. "were you as bored as you were?"
NOTE: It would only read the same cool
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by kaymighty: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:

Select the alphabets backward to make same sentence not the words, dude!
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Henovy: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
placeofallure:
Thoughtful! Palindromes!
Hmm, oyibo repete!
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Meritocracy: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:

Not like that, read it backward in alphabetical order, not word by word.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by splaytime: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Myself2:

WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW when read in reverse,word by word will actually read thus;

Let's stop jumping on the bandwagon,enough of agfreeing with acceptable cliches..........

exactly my point- reconstruction. "were you as bored as you were?" might be a good try
From my HUMBLE self
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by gebest: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
those dat didt get it read it as one word without spacing u ll get it WASITACARORACATISAW
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Henovy: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
LOVEGINO:
what about RACER CAR undecided
Yeah, but not yet a sentence but a phrase. You try sha.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Kam0007: 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
LOVEGINO:
what about RACER CAR undecided
VERY WRONG
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by saintneo(m): 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
yinkuscious:
This is interesting
#Some people won't get it

There are many more....see below:

1. Lepers repel.
2. Evil olive.
3. Step on no pets.
4. Never odd or even.
5. A nut for a jar of tuna.
6. No lemon, no melon.
7. Gateman sees name, garageman sees nametag.
8. Nella, demand a lad named Allen.
9. Live spots, stops evil. (Created by me saintneo cool)

10. Add yours and see many more here.

4 Likes

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by BABANGBALI: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
XXX5:
this is false. the "C" in CAR and CAT when read in reverse would not be written C correctly.

Here is my proof

take for instance the sentence was written with a marker on a Car windscreen from outside, an observer inside the car rather than seeing a CONCAVE 'C' will see a CONVEX 'C' hence, there is no Symmetry in this sentence as claimed by the OP.

signed - Micolekz Corp
olodo
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Biosahal: 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
It does not make a full palindrome. Where do you place the O.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by chakula: 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
odinese:
.you right bruv

Was it a car or a cat I saw
For those that don't understand..
Y'all Gon start from the last word 'saw' and last letter 'w'
Is Gon be like this
Was 'I t'a'c a r'o r'a'c a t'i 'saw'..
Study carefully

Appreciate. If not because of you I will not comprehend the sentence.

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by BABANGBALI: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Myself2:

olodo go back and read it again tongue
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by trebron(m): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nairaland went off.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by scarred9jan(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
yinkuscious:
This is interesting #Some people won't get it
Able was I ere I saw Elba.
Palindrome sentences.

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Henovy: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dezzx:
Madam
I'm Adam. it's another sentence.
You try sha but what about the apostrophy(') after the I? How do you move it to the left as you read backwards. This cannot fly. Please manage a C grade.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by trebron(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
Op went on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Boy Selling Yam And Studying His Book (Photo) / See Unilag's Miss Curves (phantee) She Starred In Iyanya's Kukere Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.