Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same (80463 Views)

BEST Courses To Read In Nigeria For Better Opportunities / 7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / Which Is Correct Between These Two English Sentence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by BolaLFC(f): 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
donj84:

Palindromes often consist of a sentence or phrase, e.g.,
"Eva, can I stab bats in a cave?", "Mr. Owl ate my metal
worm", "Was it a car or a cat I saw?", "A nut for a jar of
tuna", "Do geese see God?", "Ma is as selfless as I am", "On a
clover, if alive erupts a vast pure evil, a fire volcano",
"Dammit, I'm mad!","Dog, as a devil deified, lived as a god.",
"Not so, Boston.","A Toyota's a Toyota", "Go hang a salami,
I'm a lasagna hog", "A Santa lived as a devil at NASA", and
"An igloo! Cool, Gina!".
Punctuation, capitalization, and spaces are usually ignored.
Some, such as "Rats live on no evil star", "Live on time, emit
no evil", and "Step on no pets", include the spaces.
wow! Nice
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Babe2sure:
Its a palindrome. We have several palindromic words. I think this is my first time of seeing a palindrome as a sentence. Nice one!

Hi
Madam, I'm Adam
...another one

Able was I ere I saw Elba
(think this was by Napoleon Bonaparte)
Cheers
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by mtto(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ourboss:
Waoh! May God bless our brain the more.
amen
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by danidee10(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
salawustyles:
now i dont get dis

E mean say nut don loose somewhere grin
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
ilevic:
abeg this thin nor make any sense reading it backwards. leme try "was it a car or a cat I saw" now backwards, "was I cat a or car a it saw". how come its giving same meaning? enlightenment pls

Lol exactly my tot initially.
Fortunately for me, I was in the house. What I did was to take the write up before a mirror.
Just read the mirror image of the sentence. It means exactly the same.

Op didn't do well, he could have say mirror image not reverse
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by placeofallure(f): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
Naijaepic:

The word is RACECAR and it is one of palindrome word.

The word MADAM is also a palindrome!

Naija epic, are you just from the bed? Racer car and Race car... Do they look the same to you? Get your glasses ASAP!
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by udunyam: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
Really, nice thotful of u
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ilevic(m): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
donj84:

Was it a car I saw o
Or a cat I saw
Was I tac a ro

Was i+t, then seperate a from c, add c to a and r to form "car"and separate o...it gives you was it a car o.. Or alternatively
Or a cat I saw
From the end backward, you have was, add I to t to form "it", seperate a on its own, add c and a and r together to form "car" and then o on its own, you will have: was it a car I saw o

boss ur head dey there. u b correct teacher tho I got it before ur analysis bt ur analysis make sense
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by yinkuscious(m): 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
mtto:

lol..it took me about a minute to figure out
but u sha get it at last ?
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ilevic(m): 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
I can't see any Palindrome here abeg. the best example is "live let's live." simple
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
Bollinger:

I thought I was the only one who was confused. People are just too st.upid. or is the op that is is s.tupid for not explaining exactly what he is trying to convey because when you read the sentence in reverse it actually does not make any sense.

Fortunately for me, I was in the house. What I did was to take the write up before a mirror.

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Stanbeto: 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
Wow this is crazy good
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by queencalipso(f): 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
odinese:
.you right bruv

Was it a car or a cat I saw

For those that don't understand..

Y'all Gon start from the last word 'saw' and last letter 'w'

Is Gon be like this

Was 'I t'a'c a r'o r'a'c a t'i 'saw'..

Study carefully
thanks bro I was really at a loss trying to read it backwards now it makes sense
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by bengoodcreature: 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
odinese:
.you right bruv

Is Gon be like this
Study carefully
U are a true teacher like me, u got it
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by mcpapillo(m): 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
THIS IS BULLSH.T
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by dracul(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
yinkuscious:
This is interesting
#Some people won't get it
correction, not the only sentence there is ' Do geese see God?
Was it Eliot's toilet I saw?
Murder for a jar of red rum.
Some men interpret nine memos.
Never odd or even.

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ilevic(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
gurunlocker:

just say you don't get it..... the op stated that already, that not everyone will understand. check this

Eva, can I see bees in a cave

e no make sense abeg. see this one. "live let's live."
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by BABANGBALI: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
Myself2:

Thunder faya ya papa for calling me olodo

I could school your entire lineage generation for free and give them a different view of life,an independednt view,contrary to this your zombie mentality.

What iswrong with dunces and dolts like you.Disappear from my line of site you fat-faced Bleep
olodooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tongue

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Enrythesis(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
wow. wonderful
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Otamayomi1(f): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
yea, that's true.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Bollinger(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
kenonze:

Exactly. English is a big problem in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by GamaG(m): 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
odinese:
.you right bruv

Is Gon be like this

Study carefully
So what's the same sentence there now if not for that saw and was?
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by chiefolododo(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
yinkuscious:
This is interesting #Some people won't get it
I DISAGREE
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by GamaG(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
odinese:
.you right bruv

Is Gon be like this

Study carefully
So what's the same sentence there now if not for that saw and was? This thing doesnt make sense to me.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by tunene66: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
Mr Owl ate my metal worm
On a clover, if alive erupts a vast pure evil, a fire volcano
Rise to vote, sir
Live on time, emit no evil"
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by aprokomania(m): 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
there's an old English palindrome.
it goes thus.

straw? no, too stvpid a fad. I put soot on warts.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by israelpalatoe(m): 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Was it a cat I saw
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Loonyy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
falcon01:
chaiiiii i cant believe this guys should read again and use common sense to figure it out
laffin in swahilli truth is I felt same way until I took one bottle of origin....
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ajlinks008(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
But, where is letter 'O' in reverse NOT WELCOME HERE
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by Demmieviere(f): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
dracul:
correction, not the only sentence there is ' Do geese see God?
Was it Eliot's toilet I saw?
Murder for a jar of red rum.
Some men interpret nine memos.
Never odd or even.
Brutal You! More Like It, You're Very Correct.
Re: The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same by ajlinks008(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
But, where is letter 'O' in reverse NOT WELCOME HERE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Boy Selling Yam And Studying His Book (Photo) / See Unilag's Miss Curves (phantee) She Starred In Iyanya's Kukere Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.