Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist (1935 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
So I'm home for the christmas break hoping to spend at least this whole month with my family before going back to school. A quick introduction of myself, I'm the op for this thread, My father's son, one who respects his parent's instructions and orders and go to war for my siblings, something else, I'm proud atheist, if you ain't adding 'proud' don't even call me atheist.

I would try as much as possible to keep this write up short and simple because Africans don't like to...... ... (Yall know what I mean), especially when its long.

Being the proud atheist that I am I'm so open to religion and history debates, but with open minded believers/religious people and the outcome is usually interesting because I try my hardest not to sound condescending and they also get to learn new things eventhough they still end up holding on to their belief and same with me, I also debate with my family occasionally and now they see me as the black sheep of the family for being Anti- God but I try to act like George .W. Bush by not giving the middle finger. But one thing though, I'm being forced to go to church with them every time am around spending holiday, For that reason, I rarely come home end of semester breaks, I stay back in school but In the event of xmas and New year celebration I just have to come home, which ofcourse is the reason am home now.

I was coerced to follow them to church today and I did, Upon arrival, I pick a secluded seat away from parents but my sister later came to join me, I couldn't help but laugh at all the bullshi t and ignorance that was coming out the pastor mouth, Yep, I did laugh but on the inside but what made me also cried on the inside is how the pastor used reversed psychology in milking off these gullible people called church members, For example, the pastor brought out a hundred dollar bill from his wallet and told the whole church to come sow seed if they also want to touch their own dollar currency next year, people rushed out en mass to do as he said then I said to myself, this is really day light robbery.

How did it also get to me?
The pastor had people standing on their feet, praying and calling out names randomly like guess work creating the illusion he's real like, for example, if he randomly calls "Amaka", Ofcourse some one must bare Amaka even if its not their first name, then when Amaka raises up her hand or come onto the alter he begins his antics of saying what the girl don't know about and completely oblivious of, but at that time she would just play along by admitting the problem so make she nor fall bros hand lol

This dude got to me, pointed at me and said You are a CULTIST !.... lmao, how did he even know am a student? its because he knows my sister and my sis and fam already told him about me being atheist and don't go to church in school and how did he recognize me? Me and my sister somewhat look alike and was sitting side by side so he called me out and said to the congregation am a CULTIST, how embarrassing lol, because have been in school for 3 years and currently in my finals and I don't even have one cultist friend not to talk of me being one, I don't even come out of my room, just class and back to my apartment, I don't even visit my coursemates, don't have a girlfriend or never even hang out with nobody.

So I kept on smiling and the whole church was amazed and staring me, my sis was crying already thinking its true, so the pastor called out my mum and told us to see him immediately after service. But then again, that pastor has succeeded in embarrassing me publicly and assasinating my character publicly too, I never mind but kept my cool because as a proud atheist have learnt myself more than that.
*To be continued shortly, gotta fix something real quick*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by brunofarad(m): 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
If u complete this Story on one post
It could make front page,believe me
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Hundreddegrees(m): 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
'Day light robbery'...Lwkmh
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by obowunmi(m): 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Can you hurry back and finish the story?
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by obowunmi(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
I hate pastors that use their members to preach.
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by BETATRON(m): 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
obowunmi:
I hate pastors that use their members to preach.
its so pathetic and so unethical keeping in mind you're gonna destroy the subject's public image

Now the church gonna believe him cause he is the pastor

Ethics and wisdom demand that you know,where,when and how to counsel somebody especially on such delicate issues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by CoolUsername: 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dude, this isn't funny at all. This is straight-up slander and harassment. Sorry bro, sooner or later atheists will have equal rights in this fvcking country!
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Annunaki(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
Classical case of a charlatan pastor. These are the so called men of god that turn people to atheists through their fraudulent ways. angry
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by menesheh(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
obowunmi:
Can you hurry back and finish the story?

He didn't even say anything though he is still dependent on his parents. If i could ever be the one in his shoe, i will publicly challenge the pastor to tell me what he believe and why. I will challenge him pretty much so that he's not gonna deny jamming an atheist.

I will publicly tell him the reasons for my position since the whole issue went public.
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Annunaki(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
menesheh:

He didn't even say anything though he is still dependent on his parents. If i could ever be the one in his shoe, i will publicly challenge the pastor to tell me what he believe and why. I will challenge him pretty much so that he's not gonna deny jamming an atheist.

I will publicly tell him the reasons for my position since the whole issue went public.

Much as I disagree with your ill conceived pedestrian atheistic world view which is obviously based on crass ignorance, I support your view that the pastor in question should be humilated.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by menesheh(m): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Annunaki:

Much as I disagree with your ill conceived pedestrian atheistic world view which is obviously based on crass ignorance, I support your view that the pastor in question should be humilated.

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by San2ski(m): 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
On a brighter side, that part about you being a cultist could fetch you a real cool pious (very pious) babe, from one of the front-seat families. Trust me. I'm talking from experience grin
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Thanks for the comments and observations from your guys but I would like to apologize for my typos in previous post because I didn't proof read and edit before hurrying off to fix what is now fixed. I promise to do it for the sake of clarity. Now back to the true life experience.

Standing with my mom in front of the congregation look pretty weird and at some point, I got nervous and tensed that I, myself would wanna admit being a cultist, ofcourse my dad was in the congregation, although I spotted a blank expression written on his face because regardless of situations and events around me I just have a way of reading people's body language right, I take courses in psychology so am learned in the act of encoding and decoding human behaviour and social psychology.

The pastor finally dismissed us to go back our seat and told us both to come straight to him soon as service is over. And so it was over, I personally went up to my mom to hurry her up to go see the pastor, soon as we arrived at where he was, He shook my hand and said "hello how are you?, So you the cultist guy?, the Holy spirit revealed it to me" I smile so he asked, what's my name? Then I replied xxxxxx, then he said oh, xxxxxx was a prophet of God in the bible then I said, Sir' actually he wasn't a prophet, he was actually Moses brother in the bible,the pastor now said, oh True, then I asked "pastor, can i just see you personally for few seconds so we left my mom and the following conversation ensured.

Me:- Hmm, Pastor, I really respect you a lot and appreciate God works through you but what will you gain by polluting the minds of my family members about what I know nothing about. Sir' I'm not concerned about you tarnishing my image in the public, what am worried of, is you polluting my family minds and making them have bias thought about me which ofcourse am innocent of what you said.

Pastor:- Is that all?

Me :- No sir, I just need you do me a favour, Get my family together and tell them your prophecy of me being cultist is not true and they shouldn't look at me in that light, if not, you destroying my family.

Pastor:- well, I'm sorry for the prophecy and I 'd tell your family to disregard the prophecy in church earlier. Sometimes, SOME OTHER PEOPLE ALSO COME TO MY OFFICE TO DEBUNK MY PROPHECIES, so don't worry, I would talk to you family, sorry for that again.

Me:- Thanks sir' I appreciate if you do it for me sir'.

Pastor:- I sure would, And I salute your bravery, courage and confidence, weldone.

Me:- I just smile but in my mind am like (Those are the characteristics of atheists).

Then we both returned to where my family were gathered and truthfully, he told them to disregard him saying am a cultist but what he actually meant was me being a prophet of God someday, in my mind I don laugh die (hahahahahahahhaha)
He turned to my mom and said, your son would be a prophet of God someday, they got so confused at his change of prophecy but played along but smiling but I was still laughing on the inside, infact I was literally laughing and rolling on the floor up in my mind, then he asked, what are you studying? I replied and said sociology (I lied), because sociology isn't my course of study but I wanted to detect how much fake he is, for him not to detect my lie with his so called prophetic spiritual eye lol. He then turned to me and said, you really smart and bold. O boy, I couldn't hold the laughter anymore I just had to excuse myself from them to go laugh outside the church, which I was doing till my family members came outside and started feeling like they lost and I had won hahahaahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahaah and so we went home. Score board was [Atheist 3 christians 1]. Yea, 1 because they tarnished my image in public which Ofcourse I turned the table round but ended in private disgrace. I was like mini celebrity when I got home my parent asked what I told the prophet in private, I replied and told them, I WARNED him never to make fake prophecies about me nomore.

END OF THE EXPRIENCE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
Hahaha, this is quite intresting and funnygrin
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by emorse(m): 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Lol. These "men of god" can override their luck at times ehn.
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by omoelu1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
hmmmmm, interesting
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Ymodulus: 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Pastors are just so annoying with their fake prophecies. Lies and the fact that people believe their gullible lies astonish me.

.Any pastor that say that to me, I will tell him he is a fake pastor straight up, no two ways about that.

I respect every one religious decision and actions but do not impose your religion on me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Sheenor: 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
what you believe in actually works for you. Quiet interesting........
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by mumumugu(m): 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
You were embarassed publicly and you come here laughing.....mumu atheist
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Aaronson, are u in Nigeria? I am also atheist, and I don't know how my parents would react if I tell them. How did u disclose Urs to dem and how did they react to it?
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Maamin(m): 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
Really funny, but the slander and tarnishing of ones image and reputation for something you are not guilty of, is aggravating. Dont know why some 'wannabe' MOG keep running up and down this country sha!.
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 28, 2015
Wtf! I'm a Christian but that's utter bulshít. Hian
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 28, 2015
Dapo777:
Aaronson, are u in Nigeria? I am also atheist, and I don't know how my parents would react if I tell them. How did u disclose Urs to dem and how did they react to it?
yes, I'm full blooded but unproud Nigerian, but I tell you what, Telling you parents you atheist is almost like coming out as gay to your folks because they would discriminate, rebuff and rebuke you.

Mine was quite easy because I was a cool kid my parent would vouch for any day even before I gained admission to UNIBEN, It was in my 200level I turned atheist and I first told my dad on the phone, he's response was like. What! Until you come home, I went home then and that was how our argument for God existence started till today but no biased treatment like not giving me what I needed and all, As a matter of fact, I'm the self dependent type of person who could go to school for one year without even calling them for money or allowance. That's also played a role for me having my own say as reagard who I am and what I wanna be.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Annunaki(m): 6:51am On Dec 28, 2015
@aaronson
Are you implying in the concluding part of your story that the pastor is probably atheist undecided
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 28, 2015
Annunaki:
@aaronson
Are you implying in the concluding part of your story that the pastor is probably atheist undecided
Nope he isn't, I was the only atheist in the picture, the pastor was like you call him, "pastor", so summary of the whole story is I proved him to be fake as his God and prophecies.
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2015
aaronson:
yes, I'm full blooded but unproud Nigerian, but I tell you what, Telling you parents you atheist is almost like coming out as gay to your folks because they would discriminate, rebuff and rebuke you.

Mine was quite easy because I was a cool kid my parent would vouch for any day even before I gained admission to UNIBEN, It was in my 200level I turned atheist and I first told my dad on the phone, he's response was like. What! Until you come home, I went home then and that was how our argument for God existence started till today but no biased treatment like not giving me what I needed and all, As a matter of fact, I'm the self dependent type of person who could go to school for one year without even calling them for money or allowance. That's also played a role for me having my own say as reagard who I am and what I wanna be.

Hmmmm that's cool
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Pr0ton: 9:43am On Dec 28, 2015
aaronson:

Wow.. You're lucky.. Mine came out once and it was really tough and unbearable. Then I gave them what they wanted afterwards - pretence.
Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 28, 2015
Pr0ton:

Wow.. You're lucky.. Mine came out once and it was really tough and unbearable. Then I gave them what they wanted afterwards - pretence.
Ha ha, thanks bro,it wouldn't be that easy if I was fully dependent on them financially, money is somewhat freedom but people also fail to realize the love of money is why we have many fake and phony pastors around these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience In Church Today By An Atheist by CoolUsername: 10:17am On Dec 28, 2015
Wow, this pastor is a major jerk. You handled the matter very maturely without escalating it into something else and that was very pragmatic of you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) / #throwbackthursday: COZA Nigeria Welcomes Benny Hinn To Abuja (photos) / Are Agnostics Also Atheists? An Interesting Discussion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.