Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) (1942 Views)

Holy Apostles Church Members Protest Against Closure Of Their Church By Police / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 5:04am On Mar 25, 2017
On the day "Jesus" ressurected the account was recorded by different apostles
And when I studied john mathhew and mark's accounts I saw contradictions

See them below

John 20:1

Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.

Mathew 28:1

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb

Mark 16;1

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body.

Oya Christians what do u have to say to this
#logic
Modified
If you think this verses are not contradictory
Check out these other verses and see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWM9ohTsrKE&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by jumpandpas(m): 5:12am On Mar 25, 2017
What is it that you don't understand, is it two women bearing the same name or what?.

1. Read verse 2 of that John 20
"Then she ran and met Simon Peter, and other disciples and said unto them, they have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and 'WE' don't not where they have laid him".

Q. Who are the 'WE' that she was refiring to?.
John in his reporting, didn't mention all their names but use 'WE' to let us know that it wasn't only Mary Magdalene that went to the tomb.

2. Now in Mathew 28vs1 you quoted, you can now see that Mathew in his own reporting, was trying to let us know the second woman that went with her.

3. For we not to be completely confused by John who used 'WE', in his report and Mathew who only said 'Mary Magdalene and the other Mary' without telling us who the other Mary was, Mark now told us all their names to put the record straight as you can see in Mark 16:1.

No Christian we now say he or she doesn't know the names of the first three women that witnessed the resurrection of Jesus.

My dear, if you're a genuine seeker, there's no confusion here unless if you are an Atheist that is looking for a way to rubbish the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 5:40am On Mar 25, 2017
jumpandpas:
What is it that you don't understand, is it two women bearing the same name or what?.

In the first verse it was only 1 person that visited the tomb

2nd verse. 2people

3rd verse. 3people

One story 3 different numbers of people
Isn't it obvious?
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by 2kris(m): 5:57am On Mar 25, 2017
Had it been its islam now i could have shouted apostacy,
Thank God for the love of christ
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by borednhorny: 6:11am On Mar 25, 2017
It is like journalism. Everyone reported what they saw or heard. The main koko is that He rose again.

1 Like

Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 7:10am On Mar 25, 2017
borednhorny:
It is like journalism. Everyone reported what they saw or heard. The main koko is that He rose again.

Do u even hear urself
You just accept anything they say to you without reasoning

@bolded. I weep for you
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by PROPHETmichael: 7:57am On Mar 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Do u even hear urself

@bolded. I weep for you

No wonder your life is the way it is smh
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by orisa37: 8:08am On Mar 25, 2017
Study Bible to understand not to contradict.
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
orisa37:
Study Bible to understand not to contradict.

The Bible itself is contradictory as f*ck

I have seen a lot of them

Trust me.
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

No wonder your life is the way it is smh

Judgemental piece of sh*t

Am 100% sure ure a christian
Those people are very judgemental
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by borednhorny: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Do u even hear urself

@bolded. I weep for you

Don't waste your tears. I'm human with a functional brain and i take full responsibilities of all my beliefs and actions
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 1:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
borednhorny:
Don't waste your tears. I'm human with a functional brain and i take full responsibilities of all my beliefs and actions

True cheesy
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by twosquare(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Mumu post! Next please.
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by PROPHETmichael: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Judgemental piece of sh*t

Am 100% sure ure a christian
Those people are very judgemental

I repeat, no wonder your life is the way it is smh
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

I repeat, no wonder your life is the way it is smh

Mr perfect life
no vex
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
twosquare:
Mumu post! Next please.

Naso
keep ignoring the obvious
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by PROPHETmichael: 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Mr perfect life
no vex

Who did this to you?
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Who did this to you?
who did this to you?
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 3:33am On Apr 13, 2017
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by Michealforever: 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
emmayayodeji:

See them below

Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb

Mark 16;1

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body.

#logic

While you think that you have plenty of brains...I am sorry that you do not.

There is nothing contradictory in the passages that you quoted.

Contradictory means opposite.

What you have there is additional information.

Mary Magdalene, The other Mary and Salome. The presence of one does not negate the precense of the others.

That it was reported that Mary Magdalene was there in John does not mean the other two women were not there concurrently.

1 Like

Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
Michealforever:

While you think that you have plenty of brains...I am sorry that you do not.

There is nothing contradictory in the passages that you quoted.

Contradictory means opposite.

What you have there is additional information.

Mary Magdalene, The other Mary and Salome. The presence of one does not negate the precense of the others.

That it was reported that Mary Magdalene was there in John does not mean the other two women were not there concurrently.
oga do you want more contradictory passages from your fictional book u call a bible? O yapa ohh
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 6:51am On Jun 09, 2017
emmayayodeji:
oga do you want more contradictory passages from your fictional book u call a bible? O yapa ohh

Michealforever why did you ignore this post?
Are u afraid ill sweep you of ur feet with lots of contradictory verses?
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by chemystery: 8:47am On Jun 09, 2017
The truth is there is nothing contradictory among those verses, just a difference in the amount of details
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
chemystery:
The truth is there is nothing contradictory among those verses, just a difference in the amount of details
why should it be diffrent? after all na the same "holyspirit" inspire them to write the bible lol
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWM9ohTsrKE&feature=youtu.be

you guys should watch this video and explain to me why the holy spirit who inspired the writers of the bible dint get his facts right

too many contracdictions
cc chemystery Michealforever KingEbukasBlog

let me see you guys come back from this grin grin
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by chemystery: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
emmayayodeji:
why should it be diffrent? after all na the same "holyspirit" inspire them to write the bible lol
In as much as i know the bible contains contradictions, being truthful and open-minded, i wouldn't count this as one of such cases. The only thing we can question is its lack of precision being a message that was inspired and relayed by a supposed perfect god
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
chemystery:

In as much as i know the bible contains contradictions, being truthful and open-minded, i wouldn't count this as one of such cases. The only thing we can question is its lack of precision being a message that was inspired and relayed by a supposed perfect god

Hmmn you have a point

Have u seen the video i tagged you on?
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by oaroloye(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
SHALOM!

emmayayodeji:

See them below

Mark 16;1

#logic

Where is the "CONTRADICTION?"

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iycpe16V0[/img]

Do you know what that word means?

Could it be that the Ancient Hebrews reckoned days as beginning at dawn, and not midnight?
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by feelgoodInc: 7:58am On Jun 10, 2017
emmayayodeji:

See them below

Mark 16;1

#logic

this is the stupidest question ever, this is an account by three people how it happened, so that we can see it from different perspective,
you think this is Koran where uthman had to burn the other korans just to hide it's lies
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by emmayayodeji(m): 8:01am On Jun 10, 2017
feelgoodInc:

this is the stupidest question ever, this is an account by three people how it happened, so that we can see it from different perspective,
you think this is Koran where uthman had to burn the other korans just to hide it's lies

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=VWM9ohTsrKE

Watch this video then I explain the other 30+ mistakes in the bible

I won't argue with u
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by Michealforever: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Michealforever why did you ignore this post?
Are u afraid ill sweep you of ur feet with lots of contradictory verses?

Your first task is to do a diligent research on how the Bible came to be compiled.

Let me give you a few tasks to occupy your time today.

Trito Isaiah, Jahwist source, Priestly source, Elohist source.

When you are done , then let me know.

So you can learn how to make sense when communicating, go and learn the STRUCTURE OF AN ARGUMENT. Learn claims, premises, conclusions and evidences.

When you learn what an argument should look like and how to construct one, then go and learn about FALLACIES and SOPHISTRIES.

For your basic education to be meaningful then go and learn about DEFINITIONS. From Ostensive to extensive.
Re: Different Accounts From Different Apostles (bible Verses) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
emmayayodeji:

See them below

Mark 16;1

#logic

This is not logical enough. All three accounts recorded Mary Magdalene as present. I saying "James and Peter went to school" does not prove non sequitur to "James went to school". James is a primal person in both narratives. They do not betray each other.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Celestial Or C & S Church Worshipper To Answer This Please. / Why Did The Holy Spirit Fornicate With Mary? / Why The Deception & Who Is Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.