Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327620 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uchey(f): 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
Wow!!!!!!!!! M so glad we decided to get back on track.Ive missed this thread so much, Dominique thank u so much for resurrecting this thread.

I have tried to keep up with the excercises.I joined a group called Fatbursters, Where we developed a friendly competition to help us lose weight.

I have lost a total of 10 kg since i joined.bringing my weight down to 75kg from 85kg.

I feel very light and will like to lose another 5kg before the end of this year.

I hope i can achieve it with the help of this forum.

I will start posting from 2moro,

Goodnite Guyz,
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by beninman1(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2009
Yes, I am very pleased thread has been brought back to like.

Lets us keep sharing our tips and thoughts so we can inspire ourselves.

As the saying goes, 'Health is wealth'

Weight Loss is not an easy task, hence why we all need motivation, tips and discussion
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by rockchic: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2009
yesterdays log:

breakfast: nil
Lunch: beans and vegetable
dinner: apples

exercise: 30 mins joggin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 12:02pm On May 19, 2010
Alright this thread needs to be resurrected cos I need help. I have gotten back on the wagon but I need someone knowledgeable about Nigerian foods to analyse and comment on my food and exercises.

Dominique? Trimandtrendy? Help!!!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 12:40pm On May 19, 2010
Yesterday's log

B'fast - small serving of quaker oats with skimmed milk and one wrap of moinmoin
Lunch - nil
Dinner - 2 boiled unripe plantain,4 boiled irish potatoes without salt,veg sauce and a small piece of chicken
Snacks - 5 bananas and some cucumber

Exercise
Skipping 1100
Squats 50
Press ups 50

I currently weigh 100kg embarassed I'm 1.63m tall and I want to loose 30kg by I don't know when but I would like to lose 1kg a week i.e. 4kg a month. I considered going on a no carb diet but I'm wondering if it' worth it since I'l still revert back to carbs once the diet is over. Join in peeps and let's make this work.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 5:20pm On May 19, 2010
I need help oh. I am currently weghing 88kg and 1.62m. Target of 65Kg.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 2:38pm On May 20, 2010
Sammiejo:

I need help oh. I am currently weghing 88kg and 1.62m. Target of 65Kg.
I suggest you read the previous pages of this thread,adjust your food and incorporate exercise in your life. That's the best way to lose weight.

Yesterday 19/05/2010 log
B/fast -  White rice sprinkled with carrots and cucumber with chicken stew
Lunch -  2.5 boiled unripe plantain and veg sauce
Dinner -  beans and boiled unripe plantain
Snack -  one glass of skimmed milk with one cube of sugar embarassed
Water -  4 litres

Exercise - Nil embarassed
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 3:16pm On May 20, 2010
@Ejadamen - the post keep dissapearing on my thread, so i decided to put it here for you. See below -

Why do you need to time yourself? The skipping is not meant to be a time trial. Also, skipping in bits -10 reps, resting, then repeating the process is merely diluting your efforts. Its like walking 10steps, resting, then repeating same pattern.
Any cardio exercise needed to burn fat has to be continuous for a min of 30 mins, and max of 1hr.

Also, calories burnt is a meaningless statistic. The value of the amount of calories burnt varies based on whether the calorie is from blood sugar, muscle glycogen, or fat - That is why any aerobic exercise, at medium to high intensity, needs to be for a min of 30mins. It takes that long for your body to go into the "fat burning phase". This can only happen with a exercise done for a min of 30mins.
Also whilst skipping is good, it cannot be done for a long time, as your calf muscles will give out long before you exceed your cardiovascular capacity. See skipping for what it is - an additional supplement to a cardio program. If i were you, i would find something else to add to the program.

Skip at a medium intensity till you cannot continue any longer. Take a mental note of how many skips it takes, and how long. Put your focus on increasing the number of skips done in one continuous session, rather than the time it takes.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 3:28pm On May 20, 2010
@ Romoe4real I cannot see your post.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 6:10pm On May 20, 2010
Ur not alone - i cant see it either!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 8:07pm On May 20, 2010
Today's log

B/fast - 2 rolls of wheat bread and a mug of coffee with one cube of sugar and 2 spoons of coffemate
Lunch - Beans and boiled unripe plantain
Dinner - Beans and boiled unripe plantain
Snack - 3 servings of fruit salad
Water - def more than 4litres

Exercise
Skipping - 1200
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 2:58pm On May 25, 2010
24/05/2010
B/fast - small bowl of quaker oats and 2 egg whites(boiled)
Lunch - 2.5 boiled unripe plantain and veg sauce
Dinner - 1 wrap of moinmoin and small bowl of custard.
Sncak - fruit salad(pawpaw & watermelon)
Water - 3L

Exercise - nil (unless shopping counts grin)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 6:19pm On May 28, 2010
Ok for my logs. I just write down what I take not necessariy into BF, Lunch or dinner.

25/05/2010

30 mins stationary biking
Water 3l
1 normal indomie
1 small banana
1 medium sized mango
2 pieces of boiled unripe plantain
2 servings of ofada rice and 1 piece of fish ( serving refers to medium serving spoon)
2 Awo eggs (thanks to hold up)

26/05/2010

1 teacup of green tea
1 medium sized mango
1 small banana
2 medium slices of pineapple
2 medium cobs of roasted corn
1 serving of wheat meal and efo + 1 small piece of fish.
Water 2.25 L
32 MINS stationary biking

27/05/2010
3/4 plate of ofada + meat from FF joint
1 bottle of sprite
2 servings of beans and 2 medium sized boiled sweet potato
2 servings of beans and 1 medium sized boiled sweet potato
Water 2.0 L
No exercise, not feeling well and using medication that makes me drowsy.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 6:27pm On May 28, 2010
I'm so happy you wrote,I was about to abandon the thread.
Ok today's log is:

B/fast - 2 rolls of wheat bread,1 boiled egg and a mug of Lipton tea with skimmed milk and 1 cube of sugar(need to eliminate this sugar)
Lunch - 2 slices of spong cake cry and 4 bananas
Dinner - fist size eba and efo riro with 2 pcs of fish
Snack - bowl of cornflakes with slim milk embarassed

Water - 2L and counting

Exercise
Walking - 20minutes

today was not it at all for food,well tomorrow is another day to try harder.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 8:11pm On May 29, 2010
Breakfast - 2 rolls of whole wheat bread, one hard boiled egg(egg white only) and a mug of tea with whole milk and a cube of sugar

Lunch - a bowl of cornflakes with whole milk and a cube of sugar

Dinner - 2 servings of beans

Snack - 2 small apples

Water - 3 litres.

Exercise
Aerobics - 1hr
Lifted some weights
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Jibson999(m): 5:37am On May 30, 2010
Hi guys, keep up the nice work. Here are my stats. March last year i weighed 70kg, but by february this year i weighed 81kg, so i started jogging for lyk 20-25 mins. Now i weigh 79kg but i'm looking forward to going back to 70. I dont know if i can do this diet stuff, but if i may ask whichone (jogging or dieting) makes u lose weight more ?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ayo84(m): 9:28am On May 30, 2010
to loose weight, add a lot of lime in your water, life helps to quickly metabolize the food you eat
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 8:06pm On May 30, 2010
Jibson999:

Hi guys, keep up the nice work. Here are my stats. March last year i weighed 70kg, but by february this year i weighed 81kg, so i started jogging for lyk 20-25 mins. Now i weigh 79kg but i'm looking forward to going back to 70. I dont know if i can do this diet stuff, but if i may ask whichone (jogging or dieting) makes u lose weight more ?
Both are complimentary. Exercise helps you burn fat but you also need to eat the right foods. If you exercise but end up eating more than you expend,you will not lose weight. Personally I don't like the word diet, I prefer 'eating clean' grin i.e. eating healthy foods in the right proportions.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 8:18pm On May 30, 2010
Today's log
I was really hungry today for some reason I could not fathom but I tried to eat the right portions,besides isn't one supposed to eat 6 times a day? tongue

8am - one roll of whole wheat bread with a glass of skimmed milk
10am - one serving of beans
2pm - one serving of rice,red palm oil stew shocked and a piece of beef(obviously this was a meal eaten out)
3:30pm embarassed - one roll of wheat bread,a glass of skimmed milk and a piece of fish(i realized I stay full longer when there's protein in my meal)
7:45pm - wheat with efo riro and 2pcs of fish
Water - 2.5L

Exercise -  I have to say doing laundry for 2hrs,there was a lot of running up and down stairs smiley

A dietitian/nutritionist should come in and assess my food o!!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 7:50am On Jun 01, 2010
for the last four days I have been eating as if food is going out of fashion. Any way I will post the logs later.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
Sammiejo:

for the last four days I have been eating as if food is going out of fashion. Any way I will post the logs later.
grin grin grin It happens but don't keep backsliding, repent!!! wink

Yesterday's log 30/05/2010
B/fast - nil
Lunch - 4 servings of Indomie noodles and 2 boiled eggs embarassed
Dinner - 2.5 boiled unripe plantain and stew with 2 pcs of fish
Snack - glass of skim milk,no sugar cheesy
Water - 2L
Exercise - nil

Today 31/05/2010
B/fast - 2 rolls of whole wheat bread and a mug of lipton tea,skimmed milk and no sugar cheesy
Lunch - one wrap of moinmoin
Dinner - 2 servings of rice sprinkled with carrot, 1 wrap moimoin, stew,2pcs of fish
Snack - 1 carrot, 100% water melon juice(made by me) and one Digestive biscuit

Exercise - aerobics at the gym 1hr
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2010
Ok the logs;

29/5
2 servings of Oily beans and 1 slice of boiled sweet potato
2 servings of boiled rice + one piece chicken
2 glasses of Apple juice
1 serving of wheat meal and efo
Water 1.5 L

30/5
1 glass of orange juice
1 serving of wheat meal + stew + 1 piece of chicken
1 Mr Biggs fiesta and 1 vegetable salad
1 indomie
2 rice servings + fried egg sauce
1 roasted chicken lap
3 medium sized green apples
water 2.2

31/5
1 indomie
5 pieces of dodo
1 avocado pear
1 orange
2 servings of rice + fried egg sauce
1 indomie
1/2 glass of wine plus one packet of NGN10 biscuit
Water 2L

1/6
3 pieces of boiled unripe plantain
2 servings of rice and stew
2 packets of NGN 10 biscuit
1 fist of pounded yam + edikaikong + 2 shaki
Water 1.5L

I discovered I have been struggling to take water. I will try to up my game.
A new thing I am doing now is to serve my rice and stew and meat in the saucer of a teacup.

For the big one: I checked my weight Yesterday and today (to be doubly sure) I now weigh 85Kg. I am seriously motivated to continue and to stop backsliding according to Ejadamen.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2010
i completely forgot to add the exercises. It was am average of 30 mins biking everyday except for mon and tue.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy Good for you Sammy! Haven't weighed myself yet but I will though I have been getting compliments smiley

Today hasn't been it at all
B/fast - 2 rolls of whole wheat bread,one boiled egg and tea(no sugar)
Lunch - fruit salad made by me, 2 carrots and one glass of skimmed milk
Dinner at 6pm today will be - 2 rolls of whole wheat bread, stew with 1.5 pc of fish and a mug of tea
Water - I'll be lucky if I get up to 1.5L

Exercise - walking up and down going about my business!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2010
@Edjadamen - I see your privileges have been restored. Great. You have not replied to the post. Anyway, i have been looking at what you eat, and can confirm that you are ingesting too many calories compared to your expenditure. Most of the ladies on this thread are also guity of this, esp  Sammiejo.

I count 5 - 6 meals a day. This is way too much for you. Remember, ANYTHING you put into you mouth with ANY calorific value is a meal. Not only Rice, Eba, Amala, etc. A roll of bread is a meal, so is a single banana! Only professional athletes, or people with higher than normal calorific expenditures need to eat 5 -6 times daily.

I am 6ft 8ins tall, weigh a solid 135kg at  6% bodyfat, eat 5-6 times a day, and i count 2 bananas as one of my meals. A protein shake also counts towards one of my meals. I hope you are understanding me now.

For the exercise you undertake, you need eat no more than 3 meals a day, max 4. If 4, then one of the meals should consist of fruit only.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ Romeo; you serious? I thought I was doing good. 2 bananas equal one meal? Whoa. i think I need a food guide oh.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Romeo why did you have to burst my bubble and I thought I was doing good. Chei! I cannot remember which post I was supposed to reply but I remember being demotivated from skipping. I thought I replied,hmm. I'm eating too much calories? I thought weating 5-6 times a day was cool and i feel so hungry most of the time sad

Today's log
B/fast - 1 boiled unripe plantain,1 small piece of boiled yam and fried egg with a mug of tea
Lunch - one serving of beans and a piece of meat
Dinner - one serving of wheat with okro soup and 2 pcs of fish
Snack - watermelon juice made by me and 3 carrots
Water - 2L

Exercise - nil
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
One banana=100 calories. Thats alot for one small banana and we all know how easy it is to eat another one or 4. Thirst sometimes can be mistaken for hunger so whenever you feel hungry between meals, drink a pint of water.

5-6 "small meals" is what people recommend or 3 "average meals" Snack on apples. Drink Tea (without sugar).

Exercise as well anything from fast walking to running is good for 30mins 5x/week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Sammiejo -
you serious? I thought I was doing good.  2 bananas equal one meal? Whoa. i think I need a food guide oh.
LOL! You are doing good and have the right idea. You just need to reduce the meals and change your mindset regarding what constitutes a "meal".
Just to make it clear, 1 Indomie is a meal. Just check out how many calories it contains.  Remember, the purpose of a meal is to provide your body with nutrients, rather than to fill your stomach up.

If a single packet of Indomie is not enough, have some fruit with it, or have 2, with nothing else with it (No chicken or Fish).

@Ejadamen -
why did you have to burst my bubble and I thought I was doing good. Chei! I cannot remember which post I was supposed to reply but I remember being demotivated from skipping.
Apologies if i did, but you are doing well. Again, it the same as i told Sammiejo above.
Regarding the skipping, don't be demotivated, just do it as i prescribed. It is far more effective this way. Exercise is pointless if not done the proper way.

Regarding eating late, when you go to bed is what should determine when you have your last meal. There is no point in eating at 6-7pm, when you go to bed at 11pm-12am. You are simply storing trouble for yourself. You will find yourself waking up to "snack", or ravenously hungry in the morning. This obviously will lead to eating more than is necessary. Remember, hunger should NEVER used as a criteria to gauge when, or how much to eat.

@Ebonyeyes -
5-6 "small meals" is what people recommend or 3 "average meals" Snack on apples.
The problem is that Nigerian people's idea of "small", or "snack"  is varied. I have a friend who considers Indomie to be a "snack", rather than a meal.
If you can divide your 3 main meals in to 5, without adding anything else, then fine. Otherwise stick to eating 3 main meals + 1 "snack". This makes it 4 meals a day. The snack can be fruits, vegetable, salads, etc.

If you feel meals sizes are not filling enough, don't increase the size, rather eat more fruits/vegetables with the meals. This will fill you up better.

Tip: Drink lots of water between meals. I am not a big fan of drinking lots of water with meals, as this has been shown to dilute gastric juices, thereby making it less effective. Also add something to the water,like a squash or fruit cordial - make sure it does not contain too much sugar.
Anything added to water slows its absorption in the gut, thereby making you feel fuller, for longer.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2010
Good job Romeo. One packet of Noodles in nearly 500calories shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked thats a whole meal right there and if people are using that as a snack, lawd have mercy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ejadamen(f): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
Can't even post what I ate today. Let's just say I ingested more sugar than I should have. Will do better tomorrow.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 9:20am On Jun 05, 2010
Its well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.