Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion (27869 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah At Joe Obijiaku's Son's Traditional Marriage In Nimo (Photos) / Florence Ita-Giwa Lays Wreath At The Scene Of Electrocution In Calabar (Pics) / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by olokeded: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-zWS13ORdR5A/VoE_-dvbPsI/AAAAAAABXZI/GnalLKCaO7Q/s400/una1.jpg[/img]
Chief Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, the Chairman of Capital Oil and Gas Services Ltd., has expressed his deeply felt condolences to the people and government of Anambra State over the Christmas Eve fire disaster which claimed the lives of several persons in Nnewi – his home town.

At least eight residents of the industrial town of Nnewi, in Anambra State, were reportedly burnt to death in a raging fire when a gas plant, owned by Inter Corp Oil Limited, a member of the Chikason Group, exploded, spreading death and destruction through the town.

“It is with deep shock that we received the news of the explosion and ensuring fire that rocked Chikason Gas plant in Nnewi on the 24th of December, 2015, leading to the loss of valuable lives as the people of Nnewi were already in celebratory mood over the ofala festival and 90th birthday of Igwe Kenneth Orizu 111 – Igwe Nnewi.
The tragic news and consequent loss of lives has filled our hearts with profound grief and regret. “In this time of bereft, we wish to offer our sincere commiseration to the families of those lost at this unfortunate incident. Words may not suffice to express the heartfelt sympathy that we feel for the untimely loss of your beloved ones, but please accept our deepest condolences for the immeasurable and irreparable loss.
“I was in deep shock when I heard the news of the tragic incident and I had tears in my eyes.
These people who perished are my people. It is heart-breaking,” said Chief Ubah, who is himself a prominent son of Nnewi.
He prayed to God to grant eternal peace to all the dead and to give the bereaved families the fortitude to bear the painful loss of their loved ones.

President Muhammadu Buhari, Anambra State Governor Willie Obiano, the traditional ruler of Nnewi, Igwe Kenneth Orizu and many other prominent
Nigerians have also commiserated with the people and government of Anambra State over the tragic incident and the monumental destruction – the type of which Nnewi had never experienced before in its entire history.
Eyewitnesses said the fire accident, which started about 11:00am on Thursday, was caused by an explosion which occurred when a truck attempted to discharge its contents without waiting for the mandatory cooling time while customers were refilling their cylinders at the same time.

The Anambra State Police Command has confirmed that eight persons died in the tragic incident, while six other persons were seriously injured and were rushed to hospital.

Apart from the lives lost to the inferno, many buildings and vehicles around the gas plant were equally destroyed by the fire.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-qRfMw0UCTxs/VoFAHVWDYTI/AAAAAAABXZY/AXBw0iZNmT8/s400/una2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-N73XDPy9q_w/VoFAIpgkyYI/AAAAAAABXZg/2pna2ZSQoxI/s400/una.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/12/photos-ifeanyi-ubah-visits-site-of.html

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by jaymejate: 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
[size=16pt]is it proper or right for people to be living near gas plant?

I'm sure only the gas plant would have been insured. For the residents, what a loss!

R. I. P to the dead [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
In what capacity did he visit this site?
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by IGBOPRINCE: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
Lack of patience from the truck drivers led to the death of innocent people.
We should learn to be patient in this country. Even lagos,ph and uyo. Nigerians re always in a hurry.

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by chronos: 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
The deaths are most unfortunate. If only we lived in a country with better safety standards.

Requiescant in pace

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by Immatex(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Being safety cautions and adhering to simple safety procedures would have averted this great lose.

Safety regulations must be enforced not advised.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by veekid(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by iteleaye(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
If only... The only thing that can pass wer i reside is govt water, anything short of that... Na wahala

Mods please gladden our hearts with some good news please... Oga o... Everywhere na fire fire fire...

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by looseweight: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
That's y gas stations are sited outside residential areas in developed countries.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by odinese(m): 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
.human should always be far from dangerous stuffs like petroleum, electricity e.t.c..those n*gga never loved us.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by jmoore(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
Keneking:
as human being. Lekwa nu ajuju.

14 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by Godswillnwaoma(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
I want to be rich like this man. God bless my hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by femex12: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by obinnashady(m): 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
E pain me o. #ritual things.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by NoRetreatm: 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by Tobium1(m): 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
jaymejate:
[size=16pt]is it proper or right for people to be living near gas plant?

I'm sure only the gas plant would have been insured. For the residents, what a loss!

R. I. P to the dead [/size]

U're wrong, gas plant are always located in de outskirts of de town. De town planners who gave de company rights to operate in a densely populated area shld be blamed

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by SterryV: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ok
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by pretydiva(f): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
So sad
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by wunmi590(m): 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by zudozz: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
he like to dress like this all d time...oluwa give ur boy money pls.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by Rhea(f): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
[size=18pt]An investigative audit on this incident will unveil a systematic abuse of safety regulations.[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by engrjosefz(m): 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
ok
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by Ayomax(m): 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
why do I have this feeling that this a ritual sacrifice,Igwe and the ofala festival involved. I might be wrong tho
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by 9izone(f): 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
obinnashady:
E pain me o. #ritual things.
You're an animal in cloth
That incident can happen to anybody
cry cry I weep for their families. May their souls Rest in peace amen

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by jyomite(m): 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hmmmmm...............call it unforseen occurence, I'll call it work hazard which might av bn prevented but some other ppl will blame God for allowing them to die. Lekwa nu ayan

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by obinnashady(m): 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
9izone:

You're an animal in cloth
That incident can happen to anybody
cry cry I weep for their families. May your souls Rest in peace amen
u dey mad o,don't quote me and talk rubbish b4 I use u 4 money ritual.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by lailo: 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
D consequence of our decisions during elections is dis type of tragedy dat strikes frequently and d poor are always at d receiving end.The Jos gas explosion also claimed d life of a man close to me while in Jos for his phd programme(final presentation).Im yet to hear where d rich or dis corrupt politicians are affected by any type of national tragedy.They are always safe and yet during polls dat we should use our own power(votes),we trade our future away in an exchage for a Congo of rice and little cash.The ball is in our court.
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by pedrilo: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
Keneking:
such a dumb question.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by haywhy80: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
Lack of patience from the truck drivers led to the death of innocent people.
We should learn to be patient in this country. Even Lagos, PH and Uyo. Nigerians are always in a hurry.

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Tobium1:

U're wrong, gas plant are always located in de outskirts of de town. De town planners who gave de company rights to operate in a densely populated area shld be blamed
You are correct but the reverse is the case in Nigeria

Come lagos and see gas stations next to petrol station and market is surrounding it. Sometimes I just imagine if the gas or fuel station have fire incident then all the people in the market go wake-up the next minute for the great beyond

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah At The Scene Of Nnewi Gas Plant Explosion by ziky2010(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
One of the Igbo thieves

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP / Youths Make Coffin For Corruption In Nigeria (Photos) / Saraki: No Shaking, Four Years Too Sure - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.