Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu (3007 Views)

Toyin Saraki Attends Senate's Session To Mark #8SenateAt2 / Saraki Attends Ekweremadu's Book Launch (photos) / Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu (2) (3) (4)

Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by emmanuelumeh(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Senate President Bukola Saraki attended the Thanksgiving Service in honour of Deputy Senate President, Chief Ike Ekweremmadu yesterday, December 27, at All Saints Covenant Church, Mpu, Anini Local Government Area, Enugu State. A civic reception was later held at Aninri East Development Centre.
http://www.myblogemmanuelumeh..com

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by MXrep: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
2019 alliance has started

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by oluwafemi113(m): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
Saraki is PDP

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Okwyjesus(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
Me like this two guys minus corruption. Igbos will line up for this ticket if alliaince finally come out of it.

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by mazzi: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
Road to 2019 will be interesting

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by gsport: 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
Apc has pocketed 2019 maybe 2023

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by mkasum(m): 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
you never can tell we may have APC president and PDP vice President come 2019.this is Nigeria

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
When is Ekweremadu leaving as Depty Senator President? Two of them can not match Tambuwal and Oshiomole.as candidates for Presidency

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by johnmartus(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
SARAKI OMO-OLE.
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by appini: 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
Trustingly, Saraki will definitely outsmart the Duara embalmed corpse parading himself as the president before 2019.
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by swagaholic: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Saraki my niggur grin grin grin
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Aromas: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dis Saraki dey rob APC gan o.
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Trailblazer1(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
This kind marriage of uncommon bed fellows undecided

What does it hold for both men?
2016 shall tell 2019 is too far grin grin grin

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Immatex(m): 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
Traffic was tight when I drove past those venues on Sunday.

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
I HATE BIAFRA. GOD BLESS NIGERIA cool
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by urbanmonk: 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
mkasum:
you never can tell we may have APC president and PDP vice President come 2019.this is Nigeria
bros, you too much. E go happen
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Yanks101: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
Looks promising.
With a relatively meagre 1.5 million votes difference to buhari coupled with south-eastern apathy in the last elections, 2019 could be a very different ball game.
And saraki is probably the smartest political strategist in Nigeria today which is a very important factor in the whole scenario.

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by chacoonder(m): 10:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
Thanking God for destroying Nigeria with his fellow PDP members abi
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by MXrep: 11:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
Keneking:
When is Ekweremadu leaving as Depty Senator President? Two of them can not match Tambuwal and Oshiomole.as candidates for Presidency
Remeber, Tambuwal is also PDP and supported Saraki during the senate presidency. with El-Rufai enjoying presidential support there may be mass defection of all ambitious nothern politicians including Tambuwal

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by scotred19(m): 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
APC E-RATS won't like this.
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by agabusta: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
Okwyjesus:
Me like this two guys minus corruption. Igbos will line up for this ticket if alliaince finally come out of it.

Of course Igbos will definitely line up for the duo. Which is based on emotions and not sound judgement. This pair will make APC jettison Okorocha as Igbos will not vote for him. APC's hope will therefore fall on their support in the North and SW.

Igbos sentimentally supporting this pair does not mean they will achieve victory. The last election has shown us that. Even though, the Igbos and the SS were 90% behind GEJ, he still failed just because he only had the majority support of the two regions.

Buhari won becos he had the majority support of 4 zones.

Frankly speaking, this ticket can only boast of majority support in the SE. SW will never vote for Saraki en-masse.

Either Buhari or an El-Rufai will conveniently clean out the votes of the NW and NE, which has an enviable voting population.

The votes of the NC, SW and SS will be fought for seriously.

While Saraki/Ekeremadu may edge out a slim victory in the SS if Akpabio supports them to the core, this will be put at a manageable level by Oshiomole, Sylva, Udoma, Amaechi, and others who hold forth for APC in the SS. I also have a great feeling that Ogboru of Delta would have decamped to the APC by then.

El-Rufai /Buhari while still retaining Osinbajo as Vice will edge out the votes of the SW.

The NC will be a battle ground zone which will be equally shared.

If per adventure the desperate & treacherous Saraki get hold of the ticket of the PDP and Buhari decides not to contest, this may even brighten the chances of a SW candidate combined with a Northern VP.

APC fielding a Fashola/Dogara may be the end result. This pair will flog Saraki/Ekeremadu hands down.

Fashola is loved in the SW. And if he performs well in his current assignment, which he sure will, based on his brilliance and antecedents. The sky will be his limit.

Dogara is a smart cool chap. Who I think PMB will like to work with. With PMB and El-rufai supporting him and campaigning for him seriously in the North, he will deliver majority votes of the NC, NW and NE.

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Yanks101: 12:21am On Dec 29, 2015
agabusta:

Of course Igbos will definitely line up for the duo. Which is based on emotions and not sound judgement. This pair will make APC jettison Okorocha as Igbos will not vote for him. APC's hope will therefore fall on their support in the North and SW.

Igbos sentimentally supporting this pair does not mean they will achieve victory. The last election has shown us that. Even though, the Igbos and the SS were 90% behind GEJ, he still failed just because he only had the majority support of the two regions.

Frankly speaking, this ticket can only boast of majority support in the SE. SW will never vote for Saraki en-masse.

Either Buhari or an El-Rufai will conveniently clean out the votes of the NW and NE, which has an enviable voting population.

While Saraki/Ekeremadu may edge out a slim victory in the SS if Akpabio supports them to the core, this will be put at a manageable level by Oshiomole, Sylva, Udoma, Amaechi, and others who hold forth for APC in the SS. I also have a great feeling that Ogboru of Delta would have decamped to the APC by then.

El-Rufai /Buhari while still retaining Osinbajo as Vice will edge out the votes of the SW.

If per adventure the desperate & treacherous Saraki get hold of the ticket of the PDP and Buhari decides not to contest, this may even brighten the chances of a SW candidate combined with a Northern VP.

APC fielding a Fashola/Dogara may be the end result. This pair will flog Saraki/Ekeremadu hands down.

Fashola is loved in the SW. And if he performs well in his current assignment, which he sure will, based on his brilliance and antecedents. The sky will be his limit.

Dogara is a smart cool chap. Who I think PMB will like to work with. With PMB and El-rufai supporting him and campaigning for him seriously in the North, he will deliver majority votes of the NC, NW and NE.

I think your calculations are emotional and wrong.
The last election did not deliver a full strength south eastern electorates which would definitely change if ekweremadu runs.
Buhari is the only politician in Nigeria that can successfully defeat saraki in an election.Being a master strategist, Saraki already has his allies in the north already. He just need the southern support which he would definitely get from the SE/SS.
The only politician that can stop saraki is buhari. If buhari runs, then saraki would have wait till 2023.
The fact that you mentioned fashola is laughable. He is sellable but not against saraki's political machinery.
Even buhari who is a god-like figure in the North did not win for over 12 years on the back of merit alone.
Btw, calling the SE decision to vote saraki as emotional is hypocritical coming from a South westerner. We all remember the talks of the so-called marginalization under jonathan and how it affected the voting pattern in the SW.
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by MXrep: 12:25am On Dec 29, 2015
agabusta:

I don't know why yoruba claim political wizardry just because they rode on Buharis fanatical and violent northern deliquents to put a mere comissioner in aso rock. Go and check Dogaras committee appointment and see where his alliance lies, even Gbaja started protesting. Tambuwal also support Saraki's rebel and they will rebel against imposition of el rufai. Kwankwaso has always rushed to Awka to seek alliance with Ngige in the last election http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/34507-kwankwaso-delegation-woos-ngige-for-vp and that alliance is still very much intact. He is also likely to rebel against el rufai imposition.
GEJ is a different case, there was a generall feeling that the north has been shortchanged and that made everybody hurriedly accepted the long rejected Buhari, that factor will not be there anymore
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Yanks101: 12:36am On Dec 29, 2015
MXrep:

I don't know why yoruba claim political wizardry just because they rode on Buharis fanatical and violent northern deliquents to put a mere comissioner in aso rock. Go and check Dogaras committee appointment and see where his alliance lies, even Gbaja started protesting.
Buhari is the only politician in the north that can command the kind of fanatical support that would render southern votes almost irrelevant.
I thought maybe el-rufai was the ''new buhari '' but his recent rancour with the shia muslims and his controversial style of governance has weaken him somewhat.
It would take a while to get another buhari again which is definitely good for SE/SS politics.
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by MXrep: 12:38am On Dec 29, 2015
Yanks101:
Buhari is the only politician in the north that can command the kind of fanatical support that would render southern votes almost irrelevant.
I thought maybe el-rufai was the ''new buhari '' but his recent rancour with the shia muslims and his controversial style of governance has weaken him somewhat.
It would take a while to get another buhari again which is definitely good for SE/SS politics.
wow, i updated my post and its like u are on my mind, plz check the updated version
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by agabusta: 1:25am On Dec 29, 2015
MXrep:

I don't know why yoruba claim political wizardry just because they rode on Buharis fanatical and violent northern deliquents to put a mere comissioner in aso rock. Go and check Dogaras committee appointment and see where his alliance lies, even Gbaja started protesting. Tambuwal also support Saraki's rebel and they will rebel against imposition of el rufai. Kwankwaso has always rushed to Awka to seek alliance with Ngige in the last election http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/34507-kwankwaso-delegation-woos-ngige-for-vp and that alliance is still very much intact. He is also likely to rebel against el rufai imposition.
GEJ is a different case, there was a generall feeling that the north has been shortchanged and that made everybody hurriedly accepted the long rejected Buhari, that factor will not be there anymore

Where did u see any claim in my post? You guys better shed this toga of inferiority complex. Instead of commenting on the issue, u are talking about an irrelevant political wizardry that didn't feature in my post.

For your information, everyone has an ambition. Dogara just like Saraki is a very smart man with an ambition. He will never sacrifice his ambition for a Saraki. Moreso, since PMB is more favourably disposed to him than Saraki.

Dogara has already fallen in line and has been pardoned by the APC chiefly due to his differing to PMB. He sincerely admires PMB.

Tambuwal can be convinced to go for a 2nd term instead of presidency during permutation stages. All of them respect PMB a lot. It all depends on PMB.

Kwankwanso has been somehow rendered irrelevant thru the senate APC chieftains pushed him to. He is also a stubborn Aboki just like Saraki, and both of them will not step down for the other. They'll both share their support base.

Nobody talked about imposing El-Rufai. He may emerge thru a valid primaries. And that is if PMB is no longer contesting.

The direction APC will take depend mainly on PMB, supported by his SW Tinubu machinery, Amaechi and the rest of them in the SS.
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by agabusta: 1:38am On Dec 29, 2015
Yanks101:
The last election did not deliver a full strength south eastern electorates which would definitely change if ekweremadu runs.
Buhari is the only politician in Nigeria that can successfully defeat saraki in an election.Being a master strategist, Saraki already has his allies in the north already. He just need the southern support which he would definitely get from the SE/SS.
The only politician that can stop saraki is buhari. If buhari runs, then saraki would have wait till 2023.
The fact that you mentioned fashola is laughable. He is sellable but not against saraki's political machinery.
Even buhari who is a god-like figure in the North did not win for over 12 years on the back of merit alone.
Btw, calling the SE decision to vote saraki as emotional is hypocritical coming from a South westerner. We all remember the talks of the so-called marginalization under jonathan and how it affected the voting pattern in the SW.

I disagree. Which political machinery does Saraki have?

In the SW, Fashola will conveniently beat Saraki 60/40 percent. Saraki has enough baggage that will neva make him appeal to the SW. You can make your independent findings.

In the north, the popularity of the VP candidate is what will dictate the pattern, that is if Fashola is pushed forward by PMB. PMB admires Fashola a lot and made this clear to Tinubu, when Tinubu was behaving funny about his ministerial candidacy.

But I can assure u if PMB permeates the entire North of the disobedience and insolence of Saraki, it will seriously damage his candidacy in the North. PMB commands respect in the North. Despite his loss in 12yrs that u mentioned, he has always put up a good showing in the North. It's just the SW & NC that joined him this time around that gave him the spread and victory.

GEJ lost the SW due to his ineptitude in leadership.

The SS and SE supported Saraki at the NASS just to have something to cling to, and not about his candidacy.

The fall-out of the 2015 election is that the SE will give maximum support to anyone that does not appeal to the SW notwithstanding the suitability of that individual.

Saraki being a cunny dude, has discovered to his delight that Ekeremadu who came into the picture by chance, may actually be a valuable piece in his chess game. That is, if he dangles Ekeremadu at the emotional South Easterners they will swallow it hook, line and sinker.

There is no machinery in Saraki's doings, its more like a fluke, which he is gleefully following, and can crumble anytime soon.

Btw
His case at the CCT is the leash PMB is using to make him fall in line smiley

...and he is not out yet.

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by MXrep: 2:02am On Dec 29, 2015
agabusta:

Where did u see any claim in my post? You guys better shed this toga of inferiority complex. Instead of commenting on the issue, u are talking about an irrelevant [b]political wizardry [/b]that didn't feature in my post.

For your information, everyone has an ambition. Dogara just like Saraki is a very smart man with an ambition. He will never sacrifice his ambition for a Saraki. Moreso, since PMB is more favourably disposed to him than Saraki.

Dogara has already fallen in line and has been pardoned by the APC chiefly due to his differing to PMB. He sincerely admires PMB.

Tambuwal can be convinced to go for a 2nd term instead of presidency during permutation stages. All of them respect PMB a lot. It all depends on PMB.

Kwankwanso has been somehow rendered irrelevant thru the senate APC chieftains pushed him to. He is also a stubborn Aboki just like Saraki, and both of them will not step down for the other. They'll both share their support base.

Nobody talked about imposing El-Rufai. He may emerge thru a valid primaries. And that is if PMB is no longer contesting.

The direction APC will take depend mainly on PMB, supported by his SW Tinubu machinery, Amaechi and the rest of them in the SS.
Lol, another baseless claim. just like u rushed to claim igbos will support because of emotion bla bla bla. By rushing to say a collabo of saraki and ekweremadu will be supported because of emotion and other rubbish u said are u not claiming political superiority, after calling u to other, next thing u rushed to allege inferiority complex. these are very popular and stale line by ur ppl. these nonesense lines are what u ppl rush to assert first as a psychological cushion to give u a lead whenever an argument ensue.
As for the discussion, remember APC produced their candidates for senate presidency and speaker through a "valid primary" yet ambitious politicians rebeled and defeated them. Tinubu and Amaechi have no machinery, Tinubu failed woefully in installing his men apart from osibanjo and Oyegun which he achieved when APC serious needed peace to achieve their aim first, Buhari fanatical followership and the feeling of cheating among northerners was responsible for APC's success
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by PaulJohn1: 2:16am On Dec 29, 2015
Yanks101:
Btw, calling the SE decision to vote saraki as emotional is hypocritical coming from a South westerner. we all remember the talks of the so-called marginalization under jonathan and how it affected the voting pattern in the SW .

You were making sound points until you typed the highlighted part.
Buhari only had about 600K votes over GEJ in the southwest. While the margins were in millions in the NW and NE in favor of Buhari, and also in millions in the SS and SE in favor of Jonathan.

If the SW had voted with emotion, the voting pattern wouldn't have been nice for Jonathan like it was, He had almost 42% of SW votes and you term that emotional voting pattern.

Jonathan lost in SW because of his extremely poor performance.

Incase you missed it. The table below should help.

Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by justmenoni: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2015
Nice analysis u hear but always consider the Muslim/Muslim Christian /Christian ticket in ur analysis and their is no way fashola and dogara will be field unless apc wanna loose out outrightely, 2019 isn't a gonna be a child's play, there would surely be disagreement in the APC camp meaning alot of decamping will still happen...don't trust our politicians cos they are mostly prostitutes jumping up and down...what gives you the assurance that SW apc won't work with pdp hence fielding fashola/ekweremadu just to punish saraki or how are you sure El rufai won't decamp to pdp,what's the assurance you have thar buhari won't decamp back to cpc and then float his own candidate... 2019 isn't gonna be an easy political battle...

quote author=agabusta post=41436351]

[/quote]
Re: Photo:saraki Attends Ike Ekweremmadu's Special Thanksgiving Service In Enugu by Tinubutoto: 7:29am On Dec 29, 2015
Keneking:
some of you just live in diaspora and be voicing nonsense, Oshiomhole is who in south south. d only state Oshiomhole can garner vote in south south is Edo North. Stop fooling yourself. In a free and fair contest, Tambuwal Oshiomhole can't win Edo state state when contesting against Saraki Ekweremadu ticket. pls I am from Edo state maternally and Delta Paternally so don't even ask me stupid questions. Ijaw by tribe, the largest in south south.

APC Opposed Efforts To Save Money during the last administration - PDP / What Is All This Noise! Biafra & Break Up / Ile-ife Riot: Afenifere Kicks As Police Parade 20 Suspects In Abuja- Punch

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82