Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Toyota Matrix - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Matrix (6972 Views)

I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks / Help! My Toyota Matrix 04 Consumes Excessive Petrol! / 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Matrix by babajeje123(m): 8:45am On Dec 29, 2015
Please, I need more information about Toyota matrix. Its durability, fuel consumption, maintenance, availability of parts and cost. This information is needed urgently. Thanks
Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 9:13am On Dec 29, 2015
babajeje123:
Please, I need more information about Toyota matrix. Its durability, fuel consumption, maintenance, availability of parts and cost. This information is needed urgently. Thanks
I bought mine 1 year ago(Tokumbo) the fuel consumption is good. I fuel with 3500 naira weekly my house to my office is like 30km plus other movements. I service it once in 3 months with #4500. I can't say much about the parts because so far I have not changed any part & I have not done repairs except tires, painting & servicing but I think the parts are much available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2015
For the cost, I got it Oct last year at 1.3m from US then doller was #167.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix by babajeje123(m): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2015
realdee44:
I bought mine 1 year ago(Tokumbo) the fuel consumption is good. I fuel with 3500 naira weekly my house to my office is like 30km plus other movements. I service it once in 3 months with #4500. I can't say much about the parts because so far I have not changed any part & I have not done repairs except tires, painting & servicing but I think the parts are much available.
Thanks, realdee44. What year is it?
Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2015
babajeje123:

Thanks, realdee44. What year is it?
Re: Toyota Matrix by honmusa(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
realdee44:
For the cost, I got it Oct last year at 1.3m from US then doller was #167.
if the cost of servicing is 4,500 then u are using the wrong oil to service your car ,your engine will not be adequately lubricated and protected which can cause wear and tear in the long run.
The manufacturer recommended oil for your car is 5w30 .
The advantage of using the recommended oil is endless. apart from giving your engine the right protection ,u have better fuel mileage ,prevent sludge build up,better lubrication,contain some additives that give your engine thorough cleaning .etc

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
honmusa:

if the cost of servicing is 4,500 then u are using the wrong oil to service your car ,your engine will not be adequately lubricated and protected which can cause wear and tear in the long run.
The manufacturer recommended oil for your car is 5w30 .
The advantage of using the recommended oil is endless. apart from giving your engine the right protection ,u have better fuel mileage ,prevent sludge build up,better lubrication,contain some additives that give your engine thorough cleaning .etc
am using the right oil.
Re: Toyota Matrix by honmusa(m): 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
realdee44:
am using the right oil.
right oil + oil filter=4500 ? u can't get good brand of 5w30 less than 6k unless are referring to 20w50 which is the same thing as using palm oil grin

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2015
honmusa:

right oil + oil filter=4500 ? u can't get good brand of 5w30 less than 6k unless are referring to 20w50 which is the same thing as using palm oil grin
mumu, get out from here what do you know about cars one scammer showing himself.I know its you.
Re: Toyota Matrix by honmusa(m): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
realdee44:
mumu, get out from here what do you know about cars one scammer showing himself.I know its you.
sorry ma .I don't know everything but I have contributed my quota in making the world a better place by adding my own knowledge and expertise in helping more than hundred of nairalanders in resolving their car problems and my joy is bringing car owners out of ignorance and shackes of kazeems without demanding any kobo from anybody because I believe in giving .
so I demand to know where I have scammed u to be labelled a scammer with heap of insult .
Is this what I get from trying to educate u about best car maintance standard.
Is only a dolt and ignoramus that insult other to cover up for their ignorance, intelligent person always seek to learn new thing from people and everyday experience .

11 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix by babajeje123(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
honmusa:

sorry ma .I don't know everything but I have contributed my quota in making the world a better place by adding my own knowledge and expertise in helping more than hundred of nairalanders in resolving their car problems and my joy is bringing car owners out of ignorance and shackes of kazeems without demanding any kobo from anybody because I believe in giving .
so I demand to know where I have scammed u to be labelled a scammer with heaps of insult .
Is this what I get from trying to educate u about best car maintance standard.
Don't be offended honmusa. Sometimes, one is skeptical about those that discredit your knowledge thinking that theirs is the best, especially when they are not dishing out something worthwhile. Can you please enlighten me more about the 5w30 brand of engine oil?
Re: Toyota Matrix by colossus2: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
realdee44:
He is telling you the truth.
A genuine Toyota 5w30 is sold for 10k.
I believe you are using those Mobil they sell for 3500, oil filter 500, workmanship 500 = 4500.
Please change your oil type, oil filter and also change that mechanic.
You might be enjoying it now, but when it happens....enough said.
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
colossus2:

I believe you are using those Mobil they sell for 3500, oil filter 500, workmanship 500 = 4500.
Cheers!!!
That it is expensive doesn't mean its the best. I made enquiry before I started using it. I service every 3months & I know someone that uses oil of 6k he uses 2011 honda accord & he nornally service after 6months.

I have 4 friends that use this same Matrix & that is the same oil they have been using for over 3 years & their engine sounds good. The guy using 2011 honda accord was using this same oil for his EOD that he used for 5years b4 changing to 2011 accord. So I just didn't stand up & started using that oil, I did my findings first.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
colossus2:

Cheers!!!
I use Total not mobil
Re: Toyota Matrix by colossus2: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
realdee44:
That it is expensive doesn't mean its the best.
Toyota 5w30? Okay sorry.
Re: Toyota Matrix by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
People and oil. Those who think they know about engine oil and cars don't know anything most of the time.
Re: Toyota Matrix by oNj(m): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
realdee44:
I use Total not mobil
Cartalk section is all about maintaining your car the right way.
Kindly switch to manufacturer's recommended oil; hopefully not too much damage has been done to your engine.

Engine may tolerate such abuse, but don't even try it with your tranny.... Will simply pack up sooner than you expect
Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
oNj:

Cartalk section is all about maintaining your car the right way.
Kindly switch to manufacturer's recommended oil; hopefully not too much damage has been done to your engine.

Engine may tolerate such abuse, but don't even try it with your tranny.... Will simply pack up sooner than you expect
Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
babajeje123:

Don't be offended honmusa. Sometimes, one is skeptical about those that discredit your knowledge thinking that theirs is the best, especially when they are not dishing out something worthwhile. Can you please enlighten me more about the 5w30 brand of engine oil?
My advice to you b4 I leave is be careful with the information you get here some ppl are scammers here. When you buy your car find out from ppl using same car & ask questions, you can take it to madilas its a company that deals with repair & servicing of toyota vehicles they will tell you the best oil to use.
Re: Toyota Matrix by fanex: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
i used an 09 matrix. it was rock solid. i bought it 1.6m i sold it for the same price after 2years. not a comfortable car but, extremely durable.
Re: Toyota Matrix by honmusa(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
realdee44:
My advice to you b4 I leave is be careful with the information you get here some ppl are scammers here. When you buy your car find out from ppl using same car & ask questions, you can take it to madilas its a company that deals with repair & servicing of toyota vehicles they will tell you the best oil to use.
if you need to hide a simple common sense from a nigerian ,just put it inside a book ,cos they will be too lazy to read talkless of researching .This is why average Nigerian will continue to remain in perpetual darkness of knowledge in spite of millions terabyte of information that are being shared online free of charge daily. they will be prefer to ask their next guy on the street which is more ignorant .Blinds are leading the blinds.u cannot grow beyond the quality of information in your head. They have eyes yet cannot see,the grade of oil to use is boldly printed on their oil cap,yet they you still need to travel to toyota USA again to seek for advice for your engine oil!!!! . I weep for my countrymen.!!!! cry cry
check below the recommended oil for your Toyota matrix, the information is free of charge online even if you too stingy to buy owners manual grin grin
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140116103951AAinzQK
@readell44 ,please stop misleading people that want to learn ,keep your ignorance to yourself .This is not romance section where you gossips ,every information shared here is based on facts from manufacturer owners manual not opinion from Mr Sule, your semi illiterates neighbors that cannot distinguish between palm oil and engine oil let alone oil viscosity,oil grade,oil brand .
off record ,let me give u an assignment ,check the meaning of the word ''scammers'' in your dictionary and stop disgracing your self ,it doesn't fit the context your are using it .

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
honmusa:

if you need to hide a simple common sense from a nigerian ,just put it inside a book ,cos they will be too lazy to research .which is why average Nigerian will continue to remain in perpetual darkness of knowleage inspite of millions terabyte of information that are being shared online free of charge daily. they will be prefer to ask their next guy on the street which is more ignorant .blinds are leading the blinds.u cannot grow beyond the quality of information in your head. they have eyes yet cannot see when the grade of oil to use is boldly printed on their oil cap I weep for my countrymen.!!!!
check below the recommended oil for your Toyota matrix is free of charge online .
@readell44 ,please stop misleading people that want to learn ,keep your ignorance to yourself .this is not romance section ,every information shared here is based on facts from manufacturer owners manual not opinion from your semi illiterates neighbors that cannot distinguish between palm oil and engine oil
Re: Toyota Matrix by honmusa(m): 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
@realdee44

Re: Toyota Matrix by kingreign(m): 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
realdee44:

Madam, with the way you're all about the scammer claim, have you been scammed by the gentle man trying to educate and enlighten you? Hope you know if he decides to take up this case against you, you won't love the outcome? Next time pls refrain from using uncomplimentary remarks in public forum on anonymous people, you can't tell who they are and what they can do.
Just an advice to you sha (hoping you won't call me brash or durogatory names too).

As for your car, pls its your car, your money, and doesn't concern us about what you do with it. Keep up with the NGN4,500 oil change every 3months.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix by kingreign(m): 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
honmusa:

if you need to hide a simple common sense from a nigerian ,just put it inside a book ,cos they will be too lazy to read talkless of researching .This is why average Nigerian will continue to remain in perpetual darkness of knowledge in spite of millions terabyte of information that are being shared online free of charge daily. they will be prefer to ask their next guy on the street which is more ignorant .Blinds are leading the blinds.u cannot grow beyond the quality of information in your head. They have eyes yet cannot see,the grade of oil to use is boldly printed on their oil cap,yet they you still need to travel to toyota USA again to seek for advice for your engine oil!!!! . I weep for my countrymen.!!!! cry cry
check below the recommended oil for your Toyota matrix, the information is free of charge online even if you too stingy to buy owners manual grin grin
@readell44 ,please stop misleading people that want to learn ,keep your ignorance to yourself .This is not romance section where you gossips ,every information shared here is based on facts from manufacturer owners manual not opinion from Mr Sule, your semi illiterates neighbors that cannot distinguish between palm oil and engine oil let alone oil viscosity,oil grade,oil brand .
off record ,let me give u an assignment ,check the meaning of the word ''scammers'' in your dictionary and stop disgracing your self ,it doesn't fit the context your are using it .

Why you wan swallow panadol for another person headache?
Person resent you, you no fit read in between the lines? No make me para for you this night angry angry
Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
kingreign:

Madam, with the way you're all about the scammer claim, have you been scammed by the gentle man trying to educate and enlighten you? Hope you know if he decides to take up this case against you, you won't love the outcome? Next time pls refrain from using uncomplimentary remarks in public forum on anonymous people, you can't tell who they are and what they can do.
Just an advice to you sha (hoping you won't call me brash or durogatory names too).

As for your car, pls its your car, your money, and doesn't concern us about what you do with it. Keep up with the NGN4,500 oil change every 3months.

Cheers!
I can feel your pains.
Re: Toyota Matrix by kingreign(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
realdee44:
I can feel your pains.

Sorry ain't got no pains, I'm in great comfort enjoying my holiday..... Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
honmusa:

its funny how you talk. You think you know it all just because you sell engine oil. You happen to be the ignorant one here, you don't even know who you are talking to. Sorry to disappiont you I have my owner's manual & I have read it over & over & I did my findings very well. I truly don't know what your problem is with me & my car. I only gave the op what I know has been working for me & others its left for you to give him your own point. This is a media were we give our views I gave mine you gave yours too there was no need for you to quote me in the first place.

I may not no everything about car but I have the right to say my own experience. Plz just leave me alone & give your point to the op.
Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
kingreign:

Sorry ain't got no pains, I'm in great comfort enjoying my holiday..... Thanks.
ok then enjoy you holiday & stop quoting me because I see no reason for you to quote me in the first place. Obviously you are the same person using more than two identity.
Re: Toyota Matrix by honmusa(m): 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
babajeje123:

5w30 is not a brand of any oil ,,it is a manufacturer way of categorizing the specification of thickness (viscosity ) required for the engine oil to use for your car to run optimally .viscosity of oil can be 5w20,5w3010w30 ,20w50 etc
Oil brands are the different major oil manufacturer producing the various viscosity of oil eg Mobil,Total,Oando etc
Choosing the required oil to use for your car will require you to get the viscosity first from your owners manual or from your oil cap, then you can then seek expert opinion,online or forums about the reputable brands that provide the needed viscosity.
5w30 oil viscosity is now the norms and recommended grade for cars from around 1998-2007 due to the nature and compactness of the engine materials
To learn further ,check http://www.upmpg.com/tech_articles/motoroil_viscosity/
Re: Toyota Matrix by babajeje123(m): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
@all, thanks
Re: Toyota Matrix by realdee44(f): 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
honmusa:
@realdee44
you that have so much sense how comes you don't know that everyone has his/her view in a particular topic & also has right to express her view especially when the person speaks from 1-5 years of experience. There was no point for you to quote me in the first place all you needed to do was drop your view & back it up with experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Make A Choice Between Buying A 2014 GLK 350 Or Ml350 / I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 / Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.