Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. (3114 Views)

Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo / Do Some Sistas Force Their Men Into Rituals For Money? / 9 Lies You Need To Stop Believing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Woged2005(f): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
It’s been long I posted anything. That is for a reason. But as the year draws to an end I kinda looked back at the reason some sistas gave for calling off relationships and only wonder why some people take so much effort to lie to themselves.

1. Leave Pastors Alone To Face Their Work.
A lady in her late 30’s have been praying, fasting, networking for a soul-mate and when she finally got one, she went to her pastor to confirm if the man was from God. Her pastor told her the man was not her God-given husband, she should wait. She called off the relationship only for her and the married pastor to be caught making out 3 months later….what prophesy does she need to know who has been killing her dreams?...I LMAO!

2. Yankee Dreams Have Ruined Lives
Somebody ditched her home-based man she’s been going out with for over 2 years in a no-se*x relationship because her Aunty hooked her up with another yankee man looking for a wife. The yankee man came home and ‘wacked’ her front and back ceaselessly till he returned back to his base, and told her they were not compatible….when will sistas wise up on these yankee dream?.....Nawa!

3. When You Do Your Job Like 'Runs'
A marketing lady was busted pant’s down in a hotel room with her fiancee’s best friend. Hmmm! Some jobs like marketing, sales, pubic relations, media require high networking for survival, but be careful creating an image of a ‘runs’ girl while being nice to everyone. Almost every man dating a lady in those professions keep their ears and eyes wide open because of the notoriety some ladies have created in those jobs.

4. Are You Still Keeping Your Options Open?
Now this is the fourth time a lady has called off a relationship saying “She’s keeping her options open”. This code phrase for dating multiple men only get’s you confused and make you to easily quit a relationship rather than make it work in the face of a slight problem because you believe you have other options. Most girls who do that find out the hard way that they quit easily, can’t settle down, get confused on who’s best for them, and often get into a messy scandal.

5. "Packaging Can Be Misleading"
Most sistas are ageing into their 40’s because they want to marry a well-packaged, celebrity-like personality. Beyond the stage appearances and polished, packaged looks people have at work, in the church, at events, etc, they have a different life and personality at home. No man wears suits and shoes to sleep. Every man poos and pees, most people look funny when they remove clothes, and most men throws dirty boxers around ….LoL. I also wonder how those nice clothes translate to being a good husband and a good father at home.

6. Chickens Can't Fly Like Eagles, They Belong To Different Levels
It’s ok for a lady to marry-up but it’s outright greedy and needy if you are without a good job, good career, good investments/account, etc yet you insist on marrying a man who has everything going for him. Any man who has everything going for him will also want a lady who has everything going for her. Eagles don’t breed with chickens, dear. If you raise your expectations, make sure you are raising your own stakes too

7. Huh? You Love Him Yet Can't Move Along With People Around Him?
A lady once said she couldn’t stand her fiancee’s friends and relatives bc they appear to be using him. Well, you cannot hate his friends and family and claim to love him. No man wants a woman who will destroy his relationships with other people useful to him. If you want him you have to accept and like people around him. Nobody exists as an Island.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
I keep telling them that the okada driver you know is better than the alhaji you dont know. I believe all ladies must have been toasted by a guy throughout theor lifetime but they were too selective and that led to this...
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Ewuro4: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2015

1,000,000 GBAMMM

3 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by An0nimus: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
@woged2005 flesh and blood has not revealed this to you..
lalasticlala let's move this ministry to the permanent site shall we?
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Anukuks(f): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
soupandeba:
I keep telling them that the okada driver you know is better than the alhaji you dont know. I believe all ladies must have been toasted by a guy throughout theor lifetime but they were too selective and that led to this...

Tell them o,lol
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by shepherd77: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
True

Those who left us earlier this year, giving the reason that they want to marry before the end of the year are still single. cheesy

Hopefully they won't tell the next man the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nothing concern me with all this one o.
My own is they should stop saying married women are suffering and smiling_thereby making a spinster better, except you have a well conducted survey to back-up this point. Just stop am angry

1 Like

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Uyi168: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
wonderful writeup!
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by nnamdibig(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
If only some ladies will listen
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Woged2005(f): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
soupandeba:

Som of us ladies fall into the trap we set for ourselves and turn around to blame others, some can pray for 10yers but can't recognize and use the opportunity when it comes, some confuse themselves with too many unrealistic expectations. What comes out of one end of a hole is what you put into the other end of the hole. If you want the best out of life you have to give in your best to life. There's no bad man or woman...The way you treat people determines the way they respond to you. If you keep dumping people for one reason or the other rather make it work..you will remain single until you stop dumping people and make it work. smiley smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Pidggin(f): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
soupandeba:

Led to what?
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by cococandy(f): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
Is 'singleness' a disease?
All this patronizing/condescending attitude towards single ladies needs to stop abeg.
Why the focus on them?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by naijathings(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
clap clap clap...

well written.

every lady has the right to sit up and get married or sit up and enjoy being single.

red or blue pill.

2 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Woged2005(f): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:
All this patronizing/condescending attitude towards single ladies needs to stop abeg.
Why the focus on them?

There's no patronizing/condescending attitude to single ladies who want to remain single here....I guess you did not read the post before commenting. All the scenarios used were about ladies who want to get married (they don't want to be single) but kept having break-ups in relationships. If a lady is and want to remain single I am not sure this post is for her because she already got what she wants - being single.

Let's leave the reading/ post for ladies who want to get married. maybe they will learn one or two things here wink wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by johnson232: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ewuro4:

1,000,000 GBAMMM

u wan use 1,000, 000 do christmas for us.... cheesy
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by johnson232: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Nothing concern me with all this one o.
My own is they should stop saying married women are suffering and smiling_thereby making a spinster better, except you have a well conducted survey to back-up this point. Just stop am angry
u didn't read the post, u just comment base on the title..

most married women are suffering and smiling na, which fact u dey find again?

the single ladies are lonely and depressed.....

2 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by johnson232: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:
madam try to dey read before u comment abeg....
see rubbish wey you just write...
from where u see disease.....

3 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by cococandy(f): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
johnson232:

Lol. Every woman is unhappy I guess. grin grin grin

If you're married, you have to be suffering and smiling for anyone to believe you.

And if you're single, you must be wetting your pillows every night for a man. That's why everyone feels obliged to offer single ladies unsolicited advice on how to catch and keep a man to reduce their misery. embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by dsquare33: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
The Op has really said the bitter truth even though the boxers aspect got me laughing. The problem most singles have is they tend to be choosy, some are too finicky about little things. One thing I have noticed is that just as you have different ladies with different traits, you have the males and their different charac ters and perception to life, some men are extremely neat,some are rough in appearance, some have strong and bossy personality while some men are weak and reticent. It is now left for the lady to help him comform to the taste she wants him to be, example if his boxers and singlets are worn out get him one,if you don't like the way he dresses, get him some nice shirts by that he will become conscious of himself and improve.

2 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by johnson232: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:

i wouldn't want to say every woman, though happenings around presuppose it, but i can't substantiate it...

but i know most women or lets just say most humans, subscribe to the suffering and smiling life plan....
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by cococandy(f): 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
johnson232:

i wouldn't want to say every woman, though happenings around presuppose it, but i can't substantiate it...

but i know most women or lets just say most humans, subscribe to the suffering and smiling life plan....
oh really

1 Like

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by johnson232: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:

And if you're single, you must be wetting your pillows every night for a man. [
i know considerable number of ladies do wet their pillows, i can validate this...

but what i don't know is if it is every night....
but they sure do wet their pillows....
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by bigheart2013(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Truth be told, most men are naive and foolish too. Any lady especially (in her 30s+) who has broken off more than 3 relationships has a problem. You date someone by asking questions. A woman told u how she dumped 3 previous men or dumped by 3 previous men and you are still courting her? Once you get such information simply cut it there or proceed with caution. "A good product doesn't last on the shelf"...find out what's been keeping her at home.

God help you all...use ur brain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
johnson232:

u didn't read the post, u just comment base on the title..

Youngman no be force to quote people. I read the post and I maintain, it isn't my business what singles do.
Most married are suffering/smiling _ singles are lonely/depressed. I guess the dead are the only happy ones then.

Nigeria has a population of over 150mil, do you know up to one-tenth of this population? No
You don't have an argument then, except you're speaking on behalf of your family/friends.

3 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by amtheone(m): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:
Why the focus on them?

Candy, its like u dont undastand what woged is driving at. She is only trying to help by pointing out some of those avoidable mistakes.

I tell u, you would not want to experience what those single ladies of marriageable age are going tru. Its not funny at all. You may see them puting up as though they dont care, but its a big lie.

Look around you candy, how many women of 50yrs of age are hapily being single.

So this, is good for those who are almost at the point of making the same mistakes made by their "seniors"

3 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by abdulaz: 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Is there any lady here that would like to remain single at 30 and above?
Please let the truth be told, any lady that still remains single after one or two relationships has herself to blame. They all want that Fairy tale kind of love that is not in any way feasible. Relationship don't just work itself out, people make it work, so ladies change your attitude and perception about life.

Also shout out to all the ladies that left us giving the excuse that a serious suitor is on the way but still remain single till this moment. Please take heart, 2015 is not yet over. He might still propose you know, there is nothing God cannot do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by cococandy(f): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
amtheone:

Candy, its like u dont undastand what woged is driving at. She is only trying to help by pointing out some of those avoidable mistakes.

I tell u, you would not want to experience what those single ladies of marriageable age are going tru. Its not funny at all. You may see them puting up as though they dont care, but its a big lie.

Look around you candy, how many women of 50yrs of age are hapily being single.

So this, is good for those who are almost at the point of making the same mistakes made by their "seniors"

johnson232:

i know considerable number of ladies do wet their pillows, i can validate this...
but what i don't know is if it is every night....
but they sure do wet their pillows....
There's goes proof to what's I'm saying.
How do you know all this?
You're part of the reasons people treat single women like they have an illness that needs to be cured.

Mtchew.

Here's another thread on the same issue in a matter of hours.
https://www.nairaland.com/2830491/7-obstacles-might-kept-some#41460803

Y'all need to go get lives and leave single women alone.

5 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Ewuro4: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2015
johnson232:

u wan use 1,000, 000 do christmas for us.... cheesy

Christmas don pass wink
Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 30, 2015
Uyi168:
wonderful writeup!
WOMEN DON SUFFER

MARRIAGE na CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

chaiiiiiiiii..
Thank GOD say I no be woman.
Pls. What's all these oooooo...?

4 Likes

Re: Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. by SAMBARRY: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2015
grin grin

Even Genevieve nnaji,Rita Dominic and Linda ikeji dey give them sleepless nights on nl over their marital status
cococandy:

If you're married, you have to be suffering and smiling for anyone to believe you.

And if you're single, you must be wetting your pillows every night for a man. That's why everyone feels obliged to offer single ladies unsolicited advice on how to catch and keep a man to reduce their misery. embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Annoying Behaviours Nigerian Parents Exhibit / Deeply Confused About This Relationship. Please Kindly Advise. / My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.