Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? (4377 Views)

President Buhari Didn't Die In London, He's Alive – Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour / "Khadijah Didn't Mention ISIS When I Dropped Her @ The Airport"-Nigerian Mum Vic / List Of Agencies And Parastatals Under Amaechi, As A Minister Of Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by ultimateballer: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
If CBN Governor Emefiele and Minister of State for Petroleum Ibe Kachukwu all from Delta State were listed as igbos by Buhari, why didn't he also mention Rotimi Amaechi as Igbo? Puzzle
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by ojun50(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
Amaechi na hausa

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by egike(m): 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
all i hear from mr President about listing some people as Igbo is an hypocritical answer to cover up his disdain for the people from south east people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by LordMecuzy(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
ultimateballer:
If CBN Governor Emefiele and Minister of State for Petroleum Ibe Kachukwu all from Delta State were listed as igbos by Buhari, why didn't he also mention Rotimi Amaechi as Igbo? Puzzle

Bros I'm igbo and we regard delta igbos as igbos more than Ikwerres... My perception tho..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by mazzi: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2015
At least he has confirmed what we have been saying that delta igbos are igbos

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by mazzi: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
At least he has confirmed what we have been saying that delta igbos are igbos,one day he will also amaechi and his ekwere brothers are igbos too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by kingdompropty: 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
Because he was not prepared. The question is south east and he muddled it up to Igbos.
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by kingdompropty: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
When Ndigbo was mentioned he wanted to off his clothes. grin is it to fight?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by Dinocarex(m): 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Oooh!! You wanted Mr. President to list all IBOS in his cabinet or holding respected post?
He only mentioned few...
I'm sure, he was wise to omit Ameachi so that people won't say... He mentioned his ally and not other people.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by ultimateballer: 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dinocarex:
Oooh!! You wanted Mr. President to list all IBOS in his cabinet or holding respected post?
He only mentioned few...
I'm sure, he was wise to omit Ameachi so that people won't say... He mentioned his ally and not other people.
He listed all the igbo ministers in his cabinet. all
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by johnmartus(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
BUT WHY SOUTH EAST ALWAYS CLAIM MARGINALIZATION EVERY TIME? IF MR PRESIDENT DECIDE THAT HE WILL NOT APPOINT NIGERIANS TO HIS CABINET WHAT WILL HAPPEN? I KEEP WONDER WHY THEY COMPLAIN AFTER-ALL THOSE WHO FORMED THE CABINET THEY ARE NIGERIA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by HopeAtHand: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Bros I'm igbo and we regard delta igbos as igbos more than Ikwerres... My perception tho..

Lemme help you out.

It is because Ikwerres do not regard themselves as Igbos. Ikwerres went to many lenghts to ensure the constitution of Nigeria recognised them as separate entity from the Igbo people.

The president of Nigeria swore to defend the constitution, so it is normal for him to recognise what the constitution of Nigeria says.

The Delta Igbos are Igbos undoubtedly, the constitution says so.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by Dinocarex(m): 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
ultimateballer:

So, because he failed to mention Ameachi. So, that means he regarded him as non IBO?
Nope!!
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by babyfaceafrica: 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Legally ikwerres are not igbos

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by Ugomba(m): 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
Anioma is an Igboid group and we are Proud Delta Igbos.
-Our Igboid Connection is the reason why we are occupying many federal positions that is zoned to Delta State.
We are United and One.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by MXrep: 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
Those rejoicing over what buhari said about igbos in this chat just finished themselves on the argument of about the boundary of igboland.Aniioma are proud igbos Ikwere said they are not igbos and we dont want them, but there are other igbos in rivers who dont join ikwerre such as Oyigbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by mazzi: 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
kingdompropty:
hahahahah grin u notice am too? Laugh wan kill me.
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by fuckerholic(m): 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
He himself knows that the Judas is from. Up north but missed his root.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by ribbit: 1:36am On Dec 31, 2015
don't get excited
it's just due to the names of those guys.

im sure he would have called itsekiri man yoruba because they mostly bear yoruba names.

it's the people that will define their identity themselves.
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by StOla: 1:43am On Dec 31, 2015
ultimateballer:

Do you really need to lie to feel better about being opinionated?

Did he mention the Professor from Imo?

Did he mention the Foreign affairs minister?

He only mentioned Ngige and Onu.

You don't have to lie about something every one else was privy to.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by khassy(m): 5:03am On Dec 31, 2015
ultimateballer:

Because he didn't want to mention BIAFRA

LAND OF THE RISING SON cheesycheesy
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by Abagworo(m): 5:15am On Dec 31, 2015
ribbit:
don't get excited
it's just due to the names of those guys.

im sure he would have called itsekiri man yoruba because they mostly bear yoruba names.

it's the people that will define their identity themselves.

Its not about name. Kachikwu and Emefiele are Igbos but Amaechi isn't. He is Ikwerre. As for Itsekiri their names are easily distinguishable. Oritsejafor, Ogbebor, Ikenwoli, Emami and Uduaghan are the most popular Itsekiri names today.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by justmenoni: 7:17am On Dec 31, 2015
[what is people from south East people quote author=egike post=41498376]all i hear from mr President about listing some people as Igbo is an hypocritical answer to cover up his disdain for the people from south east people
.[/quote]
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by ultimateballer: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2015
StOla:

Do you really need to lie to feel better about being opinionated?

Did he mention the Professor from Imo?

Did he mention the Foreign affairs minister?

He only mentioned Ngige and Onu.

You don't have to lie about something every one else was privy to.
he asked who was the minister of state for education who happens to be the professor from imo. Go and watch the video
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by yomalex(m): 7:48am On Dec 31, 2015
Hmm
Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 31, 2015
kingdompropty:

What does it mean to 'off his clothes'?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by mrsuccessful(m): 8:40am On Dec 31, 2015
Dinocarex:
He only mentioned few...

You guys should chill, we the ikwerre people have announce times without number that we are NOT IBOS, over the years we have fought for self identity not a sub of any tribe

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 31, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Lemme help you out.

It is because Ikwerres do not regard themselves as Igbos. Ikwerres went to many lenghts to ensure the constitution of Nigeria recognised them as separate entity from the Igbo people.

The president of Nigeria swore to defend the constitution, so it is normal for him to recognise what the constitution of Nigeria says.

The Delta Igbos are Igbos undoubtedly, the constitution says so.

You said it all bro... u re the son of ur father

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by HopeAtHand: 9:10am On Dec 31, 2015
LordMecuzy:

It is illegal to regard the Ikwerres as Igbos. The constitution of Nigeria regards Ikwerre as a separate entity from Igbo.

So do the right by always abiding the highest law in the land.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by HopeAtHand: 9:12am On Dec 31, 2015
Abagworo:

Its not about name. Kachikwu and Emefiele are Igbos but Amaechi isn't. He is Ikwerre. As for Itsekiri their names are easily distinguishable. Oritsejafor, Ogbebor, Ikenwoli, Emami and Uduaghan are the most popular Itsekiri names today.

Keep standing for the truth. You are a good man.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn't Mention Rotimi Amaechi As Igbo. Why? by dj187: 10:35am On Dec 31, 2015
For d records Amaechi is not an Igbo man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Trump Calls Nnamdi Kanu On Phone AUDIO / Kwakwanso Vs Jonathan, What Goes Around, Comes Around. Picture. / Breaking... Gov Umahi Of Ebonyi State Rejects Atiku's Offer As His Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.