Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 (1576 Views)

Which Of Your New Year Resolutions Have You Reneged On? / 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother / My Husband’s Friend Is Wonderful In Bed, But… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 1:36am On Dec 31, 2015
2016 is going to be a very strategic year. National and global pointers already should let us know that this coming year will position itself for the rise and fall of many; the fall of especially, simpletons who detest information but are always wondering why things are not working. Here, I have good news; that we can have an exceptional year if we consciously prepare for it. This is an example of how we can do it.

1) Eliminate The Fear Of Failure From Your Life. Fear has been defined as F alse E vidence A ppearing R eal.

Fear will make you a dead man while you're still alive; cause you to doubt, and abandon your ideas for a more confident person to execute them, create a brand, and make profit this new year.

If you try hard to avoid failure, you'll also avoid success in 2016.

2) Eliminate Fear Of The Future From Your Life. Fear of the future will turn you from a pessimist (someone who never believes things will work out fine for him/her) to a nihilist (a very bitter person who wants the society to be destroyed).

Fear of the future makes us unstable in life. I feared for getting a space for Housemanship after schooling, I feared for passing Primaries and subsequently getting a space for Residency in the limited Teaching Hospitals in the country. I was afraid of the rot in the system. Several times, I and my classmates discussed how we will leave the country for good.

However, I woke up one day and told myself that I'll succeed here, period. That singular statement has kept my feet planted. Make a bold statement like this one on January 1st, 2016.

3) Have An Expectation For 2016. Setting goals is very important if we must have a great year; because no one hits a target he can't see. A good goal must be SMART (S pecific, M easurable, A ttainable, R ealistic, and T ime bound). An instance of a time bound goal is 'How much do I want to be worth by September 2016?'

Life meets us at the level of our expectation.

4) Focus On Your Goals And Don't Be Distracted. Become excellent in concentrating all your intelligence, contacts, and productivity on a task till it is done. Be unapologetic about staying in your own lane (your written down plans/goals).

5) Have Another Stream Of Income. Agriculture holds that key. Here Are 40 Profitable Business Ideas In The Agro-Sector You Can Start. Life has taught people who were suddenly laid off from their place of work; and almost all of us, in one way or the other, that having another stream of income is very necessary. As for me, 2016 will see me flexing my industrious spirit in poultry farming; egg production in particular. Just watch.

6) Eliminate Resource Wasters From Your Life. The greatest resource you have in your life is your time. Deliberately free up more time for yourself by walking away from unproductive relationships.

Money is another resource you have, and it is a very funny thing. You could spend six months cultivating it and building it, then it will all be gone in six days to careless spending.

Resource wasters are parasitic ladies and gentlemen surrounding your life just for what they can take from you. Now that you know.

7) Enter Into A Bigger Circle Of Influencers. When I say a bigger circle, I don't necessarily mean the quantity of people around you, but the quality of people around you.

The people I've seen who succeeded where people who got into a circle filled with influencers, older folks, knowledgeable people, leaders, encouragers, etc. Get rid of fake and empty friends. Who you follow determines what follows you.

8.). Let Go Of Old Hurts. It's A New Season. Have you read about how they catch monkeys in India? Lol. Just watch.

They put some bananas and carrots in a small cage chained to a tree trunk, and leave a small opening in the cage that is wide enough only for an open palm to slide in but not for a fisted hand to come out. The monkey slides in his hand, picks the carrot or banana, but the fist now formed would not allow him to go. He remains there, struggling with it.

He has two choices: Either to drop the carrot, climb high up the trees and go free, or hold on till he is shot. Guess what he chooses each time? You got it. He refuses to let go.

This is true about life. When we hold on to outdated offences, we lose more: Our peace, our joy, our freedom, our creativity, and our charming grace. Dare to forgive and embrace the sweetness of a new season in 2016. Let it go.

9) Don't Make Complaining A Lifestyle. Thanksgiving Is Better. There is a thin line between constant complaining and descent into a state of helplessness and liability; but thanksgiving is a wonder act. It changes our attitude and our perceptions about challenges and saturates our lives with joy for living; whether we're hunting for a job or trying to make ends meet on a low income.

10) Be A Person Of Prayer. Prayer is the cornerstone of those whose dreams will not vapourise. We can have more faith in ourselves and in our plans by asking God for His wisdom, guidance and protection to pursue our dreams. A focused, expectation-laden fasting and prayer at the beginning of the new year is a serious act of preparation.

Horses are prepared for the day of battle, but safety is from God. Proverbs 21 vs 31.

Get ready for a phenomenal year. God is about to bless our socks off. Happy new year in advance.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 1:37am On Dec 31, 2015
Seun
lalasticlala
Ishilove
RoyalRoy
Farano
Dearpreye
Emusmith
vivaciousvivi
Oyeezah
MzMyColi
tosyne2much
amokeme
Durentt
digitalis
Occurstaem
Priscaoge
Mzjacy
Passingshot
Cococandy
Karchisbarbie
Nuellah02
delectablegyal
dfrost
Bonapart
Elpoche
Stylovida
PROCTOR
ireneony
Doclight
MizTyna
Ademat7
aysuccess99
Cheeun
SegunFlames

Lots of love from me to you. Thanks for the awesome memories on nairaland in 2015 as I scooped your thoughts on issues from politics to career, family and romance. For others, thanks for connecting outside nairaland. Thanks to the wonderful mods. Thanks Seun for providing us a great forum to do this.

Honour, wealth, family and friends, healthy self esteem, and many more awaits us in the new year. Happy new year in advance.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 31, 2015
Thanks very much.
Happy new year in advance to you too smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by tosyne2much(m): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2015
This is wonderful

Bros I throway salute oooo cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by bqlekan(m): 8:33am On Dec 31, 2015
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by AyamConfidence(m): 8:55am On Dec 31, 2015
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2015
These are really nice points, I am a testimony of prayer works magic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by Vikky014(f): 10:29am On Dec 31, 2015
nice one

1 Like

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2015
michymeg:
These are really nice points, I am a testimony of prayer works magic.
Wow. Thanks dear for that awesome testimony. I wish you a great year ahead.

1 Like

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Wow. Thanks dear for that awesome testimony. I wish you a great year ahead.
You are welcome. Thanks and have an awesome 2016 too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by delectablegyal(f): 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Tosyne2much should quit nairaland, it's a new year. Enough of ur crappy ten this, ten that. Get a job dude.
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by tosyne2much(m): 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
delectablegyal:
Tosyne2much should quit nairaland, it's a new year. Enough of ur crappy ten this, ten that. Get a job dude.
Thank you.. I will quit
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
tosyne2much:
Thank you.. I will quite
Lol cheesy
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
delectablegyal:
Funny you.
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
2016 ll be the yr of my real manisfestation of my personality!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by delectablegyal(f): 4:11am On Jan 01, 2016
Mentorandfriend, wetin u do lalasticlala, he nor dey like put ur thread for front page?

You have front page worthy threads but they rarely make front page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by gidjah(m): 4:17am On Jan 01, 2016
great effort,wishing u a glorious 2016.
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 10:14am On Jan 01, 2016
delectablegyal:
Mentorandfriend, wetin u do lalasticlala, he nor dey like put ur thread for front page?

You have front page worthy threads but they rarely make front page.
Lol. We'll just keep on doing what we know to do. Happy new year dear.

1 Share

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
delectablegyal:
jealousy is bad. It wee kill u
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by tosyne2much(m): 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2016
Durentt:
jealousy is bad. It wee kill u
No mind am jawe baba cheesy
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 9:25am On Jan 06, 2016
I just did a slight modification of the intro to this new year message. Thanks again for checking in.
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by keishablack(f): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2016
keishablack:
Nice one.
Thanks for checking in. I'm sure you scribbled down some points for onward action too.

Your profile picture is so awesome.
Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by keishablack(f): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2016
mentorandfriend:
Thanks for checking in. I'm sure you scribbled down some points for onward action too.

Your profile picture is so awesome.
Uw. I did screengrab some. Thanks for the compliment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
Great tips.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Wonderful New Year Resolutions You Can Make For 2016 by mentorandfriend(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yieldings:
Great tips.
Thanks dear. I wish you a great year.

(1) (Reply)

Five Ways To Solve Family Issue Without A Third Party / If You've Not Receive Any Of These From Your Mom Trust Me, You're Adopted / Amazing Before And After 9 Months Pregnancy Photos Of A Nigerian Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.