Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts (17253 Views)

Somebody Must Be Lying About Dasuki - Vanguard / The Truth About Dasuki's Relationship With Buhari As Told By Yushau Shuaib / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Replies Critics With Facts & Figures (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by theshadyexpress(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2016
Dear Mr. Femi Adesina

Since I am a victim of association to one of the most vilified and scandalised Nigerians through media trial, this Open Letter is the best opportunity for me to put some issues in proper perspective following some of your public remarks about your old friend.

As you are aware, I have been actively involved in cementing relationship between the media and security agencies in the recent past. Immediately after my premature retirement from the public service by the Jonathan administration, I was invited by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), under Col. Sambo Dasuki (retired), to help in changing the negative media narrative on Nigeria’s counter-terrorism campaigns. It was at a period when the Boko Haram was having the upper hand in the propaganda campaign of the war against Nigeria with a section of the foreign media castigating Nigerian troops as “cowardly” “undisciplined” and “ill-trained.”

Among other things, I have the responsibility of consulting for the Forum of Spokespersons of Security and Response Agencies (FOSSRA), then Chaired by Major General Chris Olukolade, which has membership from critical public institutions including the military, security, intelligence and response agencies. We also created and sustained web portals for providing accurate and timely information to the public.

I must commend Mr. Femi Adesina for playing greater roles on the success of our campaign because as the President of Nigerian Guild of Editors, you also encouraged Editors to support our activities through occasional self-censorship to manage negative terrorists’ propaganda.

Being one of the closest Editors to former National Security Adviser, you were always sincere and frank when you met and discussed with Dasuki. You never hid your hardened support for the candidacy of General Buhari of All Progressive Congress (APC). I remember your annoyance over security clampdown on the media and when you sought Dasuki’s intervention for compensation for media organisations over their loss rather than engaging in prolonged court cases. I was with you on that occasion in his office.

Apart from interfacing between FOSSRA and media representatives at different levels and locations, which you encouraged, Sambo Dasuki too, as National Security Adviser occasionally hosted Media Debriefing sessions where sensitive information was disseminated with supported photos and video clips. Many of such sessions were classified, not for publication, where atrocities of terrorists; the gallantry of the Nigerian troops and sophisticated equipment deployed for counter-terrorism operations were disclosed or shown.

I am glad that not only were you adequately informed of those success stories of Jonathan administration’s war on terror, you even took the pain to pen an opinion article eulogising Dasuki for keeping to his promise of clearing all known terrorists’ camps before the handover to the new government.

As a respected columnist, your article of May 1, 2015 on the back page of the Daily Sun with the title “A little Late But Not too Late,” clearly exonerates Dasuki from some allegations and also reveals some concrete facts of achievements that were not being reported in the media.

It is therefore, baffling that the same Femi Adesina, could brazenly contradict himself shortly after gaining public office in his official statements. Some of us who know your cordial relationship with Dasuki and information at your disposal are indeed baffled by your dramatic turn-around in so short a time.

Meanwhile, it is necessary to point out that not all funds in ONSA are meant for arms procurement. As you are aware, under its Special Service Office (SSO), funds are expended on training, espionage, communication, special interventions for special causes including NGOs. One of the successful programmes under ONSA is Soft-Approach to countering terrorism, of which deradicalization without the use of force through economic empowerment, education, communication, rehabilitation and counselling were part. The Presidential Initiative on North-East (PINE) was conceived from the Soft Approach.

As a media consultant who has distributed over 1000 releases on behalf of the military and security agencies, I can state the following as a fact from official documents and releases:

On August 6, 2015, through PRNigeria, Dasuki named and provided pictures of sophisticated weapons bought for the military, which included: “Alpha jets, Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) APCs, Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles, advanced artillery pieces, assorted arms and ammunitions, highly sophisticated surveillance drones, T72 Battle Tanks and modification of F7 supersonic jet fighters.” Even in his official response to your statement against him on November 18, 2015, Dasuki mentioned official acknowledgements of delivery of some of the equipment by the security chiefs.

It is therefore laughable when critics claim that no weapons were purchased when a video from Boko Haram leader Shekau displayed captured sophisticated weapons after alleged mutinous soldiers fled Baga

At the twilight of Jonathan’s administration more than 22 towns in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states were recovered and confirmed with video and pictorial evidences through military press releases. Some of the towns recovered before the coming of President Buhari included: Abadam, Askira, Baga, Bama, Biu, Buni Yadi, Damboa, Goniri, Gujba, Gulani, Gwoza, Hong, Konduga, Kukawa, Marte, Madagali, Michika, Monguno, Mubi, and others. A clear testimony to some of the accomplishments was the official DHQ release dated March 16, 2015 with reference No: DHQ/ABJ/901/32/DDI and a title: “Troops Finally Rout Terrorists from Bama and Last Stronghold in Yobe.”

Even though when you confirmed in the same article while you were still a columnist that “Sambisa Forest is falling” it was actually stormed by Nigerian troops where about 300 kidnapped women and children were rescued with video evidence before the emergence of the current administration.

In an attempt to indict Sambo Dasuki, some media leak unethically expose expenditures of sensitive agencies like National Intelligence Agency, Department of State Service and others to public ridicules. This is unfair. It was for sensitive nature of issues that we guarded the recruitment of Special M Forces to help in the air while Nigerian troops recaptured the ground. Some would rather call our technical Advisers as South-African mercenaries. Even when Nigeria financially supported some neigbouring countries to participate in the Multi-National Joint Taskforce (MNJTF) it was deliberately done because they were initially reluctant as foreign powers were not helping Nigerian troops.

Since Dasuki and others are now being arraigned in court, rather than the continued media trial and planned secret trials, let the trial commence in open court to enable prosecutors and accusers present their arguments to remove facts from fictions and reality from illusions.

Sir, as you know that I have tremendous respect for you, I strongly urge you to use your good office to protect the integrity of critical institutions like security and the media from public ridicule as some patriotic officers, media organisations, and publishers are already being indicted without fair trial in the court of law.

While I vouch for your professional integrity, you know for a fact that Dasuki is kind and obediently loyal in and out of office. You know that for sure, Mr. Femi.

As we end 2015, I pray the year 2016 will not be one of media circus but one in which the rule of law will determine official actions and suspects of all kinds will have their rights under the constitution respected. This is my last article on this issue and I do this with the best of intention to protect our institutions.

Yushau A. Shuaib

Blogger: www.yashuaib.com

[irp]
yashuaib@yahoo.com[b][/b]

sources:http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/31/yushau-shuaib-femi-adesina-knows-more-about-dasuki-an-open-letter/

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Ayt27(m): 10:05am On Jan 01, 2016
Too long

10 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 01, 2016
In summary pls

1 Like

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by theshadyexpress(m): 10:07am On Jan 01, 2016
Ayt27:
Too long

i made it easy by highlighting the important parts

please take out time to read the important parts

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Junior66(m): 10:11am On Jan 01, 2016
whats the point of this?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by ta4ba3(m): 10:15am On Jan 01, 2016
Wait lemme highlight it to u... dasuki is a greedy bastard dat allow Boko Haram to rise in d north like Ijebu garri.. after using d supposed money that was meant for ammunition to buy car for snailhari and shared d rest as national cake... the thunder wen go fire am dey do push up for ogun(god of thunder) side

17 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Lanretoye(m): 10:24am On Jan 01, 2016
If he didn't pass through dasuki gate,then this is baseless.

8 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Ayt27(m): 10:25am On Jan 01, 2016
theshadyexpress:

i made it easy by highlighting the important parts

please take out time to read the important parts

I read it, didn't see the part you highlighted.

So Shuaib wants to paint Dasuki as a saint for us abi, because he bought some alpha jets.

23 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by MRSALT: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2016
My hatred for corruption made me not to befriend any politician from councillors to the president. But I hate media trial and jungle justice more. If the presidency has concrete evidence against Dasuki, they should present it before court. Or are we saying that all Nigeria high court judges are also corrupt?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by PassingShot(m): 10:52am On Jan 01, 2016
This write-up is crap.

1. Outside presidency, will Femi Adrsina have known a tenth of what the presidency has now known based on verifiable facts?

2. Will whatever he said, wrote or did based on his little knowledge then have been enough to exonerate Dasuki in h is mis handling of the $2.2 bn?

3. The writer said Dasuki provided photos of weapons bought but the presidential committee set up to investigate arms procurement has since debunked that alpha jets were procured amongst other heavy weapons. Dasuki himself confirmed "it was not his duty to verify procured weapons" and only relied on acknowledgment letters.

4. Dasuki himself somehow agreed he misappropriated some funds when he said "Nigerians should not believe some of the allegations against him". That clearly is an acceptance of culpability of some misdeeds.

5. Media propaganda will not save Dasuki from a PMB determined to bring looters to justice. Let him prove his innocence in courts.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by PassingShot(m): 10:54am On Jan 01, 2016
MRSALT:
My hatred for corruption made me not to befriend any politician from councillors to the president. But I hate media trial and jungle justice more. If the presidency has concrete evidence against Dasuki, they should present it before court. Or are we saying that all Nigeria high court judges are also corrupt?
Has the govt not started doing that already? Has Dasuki not been taken to court? His trial has properly began and no need talking about media prosecution anymore.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:55am On Jan 01, 2016
I thought the former CDS, Air Chief Alex Badeh claimed on retirement that the last time military hardware/weapons were purchased in Nigeria was in 2006?

If truly Femi Adeshina is guilty of conspiracy, he WOULD be disgraced in no sooner time!
If Dasuki is not punished, it would spell doom o!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2016
Op is one of the mischivious elements in the mainstream that manipulate contents to easily trick and fool some gullible minded people. Leave Femi to carry out his work now that he has better information about what actually went wrong under Dasuki.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 01, 2016
PassingShot:
This write-up is crap.

1. Outside presidency, will Femi Adrsina have known a tenth of what the presidency has now known based on verifiable fact?

2. Will whatever he said, wrote or did based on his little knowledge then have been enough to exonerate Dasuki in h is mis handling of the $2.2 bn?

3. The writer said Dasuki provided photos of weapons bought but the presidential committee set up to investigate arms procurement has since debunked that alpha jets were procured amongst other heavy weapons. Dasuki himself confirmed "it was not his duty to verify procured weapons" and only relied on acknowledgment letters.

4. Media propaganda will not save Dasuki from a PMB determined to bring looters to justice. Let him prove his innocence in courts.
Gbam!

15 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 01, 2016
No comment.

People should be mindful of the ethics of their profession.

1 Like

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by cckris: 11:39am On Jan 01, 2016
NONSENSE.THERE WON'T BE ANY RULE OF LAW. You want the Judges to defy General Buhari, hell-Rufai, Rotimi Amaechi. These are ruthless people.

Buhari will show all of you pepper. You people refused to campaign. No one can deny that APC rascals campaigned better.

1 Like

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by aminho(m): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2016
lord help me think
Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by citizenY(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2016
Guseh:

Gbam!

Yushau, I do not see the utility of publishing your missive to Femi. You have succeeded in telling us how close you were to Dasuki's slaughter slab but stopped short of telling us which Part of the cow you took. I refuse to believe that you were there pro bono.

I want to remind you of that Hausa Idiom that says.... BAKI KE YANKA WUYA... Translation.... NA MOUTH DEY CUT NECK.

3 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by TheFreeOne: 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
Can these allegations, counter accusations, revelations and media trials bring more good than harm to the security of Nigeria

Real wisdom is required to lead a complex nation like ours.

Happy new year to all

2 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by looseweight: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
Okkk
Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by henry9520: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Whizkeey(m): 12:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
O
Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Pavore9: 12:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
What does it change?
Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by kings09(m): 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
So what is dis epistle suppose 2 point out exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by courage54(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
Anything That will assist to keep DASUKI and NNAMDI KANU permanently In PRISON is VERY OK BY ME.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGER-DELTA
GOD BLESS PMB

8 Likes

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Charlydot2(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
Who knws how much they paid you.... It seems u hv collected your own share........
theshadyexpress:
Dear Mr. Femi Adesina

Since I am a victim of association to one of the most vilified and scandalised Nigerians through media trial, this Open Letter is the best opportunity for me to put some issues in proper perspective following some of your public remarks about your old friend.

As you are aware, I have been actively involved in cementing relationship between the media and security agencies in the recent past. Immediately after my premature retirement from the public service by the Jonathan administration, I was invited by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), under Col. Sambo Dasuki (retired), to help in changing the negative media narrative on Nigeria’s counter-terrorism campaigns. It was at a period when the Boko Haram was having the upper hand in the propaganda campaign of the war against Nigeria with a section of the foreign media castigating Nigerian troops as “cowardly” “undisciplined” and “ill-trained.”

Among other things, I have the responsibility of consulting for the Forum of Spokespersons of Security and Response Agencies (FOSSRA), then Chaired by Major General Chris Olukolade, which has membership from critical public institutions including the military, security, intelligence and response agencies. We also created and sustained web portals for providing accurate and timely information to the public.

I must commend Mr. Femi Adesina for playing greater roles on the success of our campaign because as the President of Nigerian Guild of Editors, you also encouraged Editors to support our activities through occasional self-censorship to manage negative terrorists’ propaganda.

Being one of the closest Editors to former National Security Adviser, you were always sincere and frank when you met and discussed with Dasuki. You never hid your hardened support for the candidacy of General Buhari of All Progressive Congress (APC). I remember your annoyance over security clampdown on the media and when you sought Dasuki’s intervention for compensation for media organisations over their loss rather than engaging in prolonged court cases. I was with you on that occasion in his office.

Apart from interfacing between FOSSRA and media representatives at different levels and locations, which you encouraged, Sambo Dasuki too, as National Security Adviser occasionally hosted Media Debriefing sessions where sensitive information was disseminated with supported photos and video clips. Many of such sessions were classified, not for publication, where atrocities of terrorists; the gallantry of the Nigerian troops and sophisticated equipment deployed for counter-terrorism operations were disclosed or shown.

I am glad that not only were you adequately informed of those success stories of Jonathan administration’s war on terror, you even took the pain to pen an opinion article eulogising Dasuki for keeping to his promise of clearing all known terrorists’ camps before the handover to the new government.

As a respected columnist, your article of May 1, 2015 on the back page of the Daily Sun with the title “A little Late But Not too Late,” clearly exonerates Dasuki from some allegations and also reveals some concrete facts of achievements that were not being reported in the media.

It is therefore, baffling that the same Femi Adesina, could brazenly contradict himself shortly after gaining public office in his official statements. Some of us who know your cordial relationship with Dasuki and information at your disposal are indeed baffled by your dramatic turn-around in so short a time.

Meanwhile, it is necessary to point out that not all funds in ONSA are meant for arms procurement. As you are aware, under its Special Service Office (SSO), funds are expended on training, espionage, communication, special interventions for special causes including NGOs. One of the successful programmes under ONSA is Soft-Approach to countering terrorism, of which deradicalization without the use of force through economic empowerment, education, communication, rehabilitation and counselling were part. The Presidential Initiative on North-East (PINE) was conceived from the Soft Approach.

As a media consultant who has distributed over 1000 releases on behalf of the military and security agencies, I can state the following as a fact from official documents and releases:

On August 6, 2015, through PRNigeria, Dasuki named and provided pictures of sophisticated weapons bought for the military, which included: “Alpha jets, Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) APCs, Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles, advanced artillery pieces, assorted arms and ammunitions, highly sophisticated surveillance drones, T72 Battle Tanks and modification of F7 supersonic jet fighters.” Even in his official response to your statement against him on November 18, 2015, Dasuki mentioned official acknowledgements of delivery of some of the equipment by the security chiefs.

It is therefore laughable when critics claim that no weapons were purchased when a video from Boko Haram leader Shekau displayed captured sophisticated weapons after alleged mutinous soldiers fled Baga

At the twilight of Jonathan’s administration more than 22 towns in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states were recovered and confirmed with video and pictorial evidences through military press releases. Some of the towns recovered before the coming of President Buhari included: Abadam, Askira, Baga, Bama, Biu, Buni Yadi, Damboa, Goniri, Gujba, Gulani, Gwoza, Hong, Konduga, Kukawa, Marte, Madagali, Michika, Monguno, Mubi, and others. A clear testimony to some of the accomplishments was the official DHQ release dated March 16, 2015 with reference No: DHQ/ABJ/901/32/DDI and a title: “Troops Finally Rout Terrorists from Bama and Last Stronghold in Yobe.”

Even though when you confirmed in the same article while you were still a columnist that “Sambisa Forest is falling” it was actually stormed by Nigerian troops where about 300 kidnapped women and children were rescued with video evidence before the emergence of the current administration.

In an attempt to indict Sambo Dasuki, some media leak unethically expose expenditures of sensitive agencies like National Intelligence Agency, Department of State Service and others to public ridicules. This is unfair. It was for sensitive nature of issues that we guarded the recruitment of Special M Forces to help in the air while Nigerian troops recaptured the ground. Some would rather call our technical Advisers as South-African mercenaries. Even when Nigeria financially supported some neigbouring countries to participate in the Multi-National Joint Taskforce (MNJTF) it was deliberately done because they were initially reluctant as foreign powers were not helping Nigerian troops.

Since Dasuki and others are now being arraigned in court, rather than the continued media trial and planned secret trials, let the trial commence in open court to enable prosecutors and accusers present their arguments to remove facts from fictions and reality from illusions.

Sir, as you know that I have tremendous respect for you, I strongly urge you to use your good office to protect the integrity of critical institutions like security and the media from public ridicule as some patriotic officers, media organisations, and publishers are already being indicted without fair trial in the court of law.

While I vouch for your professional integrity, you know for a fact that Dasuki is kind and obediently loyal in and out of office. You know that for sure, Mr. Femi.

As we end 2015, I pray the year 2016 will not be one of media circus but one in which the rule of law will determine official actions and suspects of all kinds will have their rights under the constitution respected. This is my last article on this issue and I do this with the best of intention to protect our institutions.

Yushau A. Shuaib

Blogger: www.yashuaib.com

[irp]
yashuaib@yahoo.com[b][/b]

sources:http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/31/yushau-shuaib-femi-adesina-knows-more-about-dasuki-an-open-letter/

1 Like

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by deeswagger: 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
ok
Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by bunmioguns(m): 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2016
Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by RichDad1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
Say what?
Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by abumeinben(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
This man is just beating about the bush!

Was Adesina involved or not?

Or what exactly do you mean by "Adesina knows Dasuki more"?

Is dat is your claim, me I want to know who exactly gave the order to ATM our billions to illiterates and semi illiterates.

I sip chapman while I await Adesina's reply.

Is nairaland malworking? I mean, why would I click submit and then it goes to homepage? This is the 5th time

1 Like

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Goodyshoes(m): 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
All these mumbo jumbo just to tell us the link between these two??
I decided this year, not to engage in all these political discourses, especially when there is no end in sight for the usual happenings within their polity.

By the way, the author of the post seems like a paid agent.

Meanwhile, Happy new year friends.....

1 Like

Re: Yushau Shuaib: Femi Adesina Knows More About Dasuki – An Open Letter With Facts by Generalkorex(m): 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ag President Osinbanjo In Daura, Katsina State / Governor Otti Makes 30 New Appointments / Boko Haram Kills 36 In Borno Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.