Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets (26845 Views)

Nigerian Scrabble Team - The World Champions - Denied Visa To France / Kehinde And Taiwo Awoniyi's 19th Birthday Celebrated By The Ex Eaglets Striker / World Champions, Eaglets Storm Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nawa o
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by duni04(m): 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2016
I'm sorry but how many countries in the world are stuîd enough to always send teams to even the most ridiculous tournaments all year round, on government money? Half of which is even looted. If these people are so desirous of competing in every tom, dick and harry competition, they should look for sponsorship from private coys and not depend on the money we're supossed to b using to build hospitals and good roads, to b paying N10million to a 27 year old man claiming to b 17 whose only claim to fame is kicking a stupîd ball and lifting a lousy trophy. That era has gone with the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by chiedu7: 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
[size=14pt] B00hari wan make sure say no southerner get anything[/size]
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by justmenoni: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
Read what u hv typed and let's know if there is any sense in it.

author=damton post=41549063]GOD HELL NIGERIA COME OUT OF THIS DOLDRUM[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
GraceBestowed:
This is a bit of a shame. These players will see it as something being taken away from them which isn't a morale booster.

Nigeria should source funding for this!

Random question: are they doing the same for the Eagles?
Hear yourself, Nigeria should source for fund to use for bonuses for footballers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by iamdapilla(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
The super Eagles they'll still be giving the bonuses, what do they contribute to footballing in Nigeria? Nawa ooi
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by ortopazz(m): 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
Absolutely ridiculous.. The essence of that money is not even given because they want too, rather cos they know the public wants them rewarded. This is just a Lee way for some families to break the poverty ceiling at least breathe some fresh air.. We keep screaming broke but senators are get bumpy paychecks for doing nothing ..while people who represent us with blood and tears are rewarded with little or nothing ...what a change!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by anselm791(m): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
that's just the first to go.e never clear poeple yet that we're living in very difficult times.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by davspog2(m): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
They are not yet adults! Just 17 years old kids! So it's the right way to go in my own opinion.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by tempest01(m): 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
Why not cut spending and leakage? Unwarranted salaries and inflated contracts?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by GraceBestowed(f): 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Hear yourself, Nigeria should source for fund to use for bonuses for footballers.

If they could not afford to do this, they should not have started it. These players are used to receiving their bonuses and have probably taken up financial responsibilities in line with their income. Taking the money away from them is never a morale booster.

Yes, Nigeria should source funding for this because when they go wherever they go, they represent Nigeria.

Also, it may not mean much to others, but to these players, football is their livelihood, their job! Why then are they expected to accept something that is unfavourable when they give up so much to try to be the best they can!?

We can't just focus on the old, these are up and coming footballers that will do Nigeria (a massive football loving nation) proud!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by OKUCHI11(m): 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
babygoat:

bro, u sure it aint Max Weber?
no Karl marx said " the rich is getting richer at the expense of the poor...... in dialectical materialism ..... Why can they not forfeit their salary just for the social economic status of the poor.....please I stand to be corrected. .
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by OKUCHI11(m): 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
babygoat:

bro, u sure it aint Max Weber?
no Karl marx said " the rich is getting richer at the expense of the poor...... in dialectical materialism ..... Why can they not forfeit their salary just for the social economic status of the poor.....please I stand to be corrected. . i also liken it to the Issue of unpaid salary......
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Adeevah(m): 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
Getting match bonuses shouldn't be made compulsory...so for they are been paid the normal dues, they should either play for glory not for compensation/reward or fu*k off...
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by castrokins(m): 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
What Happens After The Glory? Sleep In Bunkers And Feed Like Paupers Huh?

Guy This Na 2016 O. Talent Of A Man (Gift) Maketh Way For Him Biko. Na Glory Your Aged Parent Wan Chop?

20bc:
Even though am not happy with it, I think it's for the best. It's now time for those boys to play for Glory..... cool
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by ckmayoca: 2:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
GraceBestowed:
This is a bit of a shame. These players will see it as something being taken away from them which isn't a morale booster.

Nigeria should source funding for this!

Random question: are they doing the same for the Eagles?

You said it all and to add to that, this is where all these multinational companies shld spend their money for sponsorship instead of giving already rich artists like p square, dbanj, davido and don jazzy cars worths of tenths of million just cos dem be ambassador wey no dey even use the product.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by francizy(m): 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
teebaxy:
Scrap the trash, find job for them in the farm... or what are economic benefit has their victory brought to my dear country.

Ignorance caused by lack of finance is excusable but when one deliberately chooses to be ignorant, then the person is heading towards a cataclysmic failure in life.

Read the below and be informed:

Psalm18:
Pathetic excuses.

Did Pinnick also abolish his own salaries?

The administrators eat the bulk of the money n travel in business class while its the players and coaches that draw the spectators and the money in.

What happened to the funds gotten from the FIFA goal project
Every year, FIFA gives its members lump sums for developmental projects and programs including direct cash funding for youth team.

When people talk about corruption, they focus solely on some areas while under reporting others.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by castrokins(m): 2:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
Why Not Stop Bonuses Paid To Buhari, Saraki And His NASS Colleagues, Governor's Security Votes, And Other Political Elites And Have Them Rule For 'Glory'? Why These Boys Who's Families And Infact Communities Look Up To Them Soon As They Break Into National Prominence?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
GraceBestowed:

If they could not afford to do this, they should not have started it. These players are used to receiving their bonuses and have probably taken up financial responsibilities in line with their income. Taking the money away from them is never a morale booster.

Yes, Nigeria should source funding for this because when they go wherever they go, they represent Nigeria.

Also, it may not mean much to others, but to these players, football is their livelihood, their job! Why then are they expected to accept something that is unfavourable when they give up so much to try to be the best they can!?

We can't just focus on the old, these are up and coming footballers that will do Nigeria (a massive football loving nation) proud!
A bonus is not a right, but a privilege. So, withdrawing it shouldn't raise a brow. In Oyo State, for example, towards the end of the year, the Governor paid the 13th month salary. If any civil servant, owing to the failure of the government to continue this, fails to put his best, he risks being sacked.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by 20bc(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
castrokins:
What Happens After The Glory? Sleep In Bunkers And Feed Like Paupers Huh?

Guy This Na 2016 O. Talent Of A Man (Gift) Maketh Way For Him Biko. Na Glory Your Aged Parent Wan Chop?

I know, those that showed great skills during those competitions have moved to Europe, those that are left behind are mostly taken in the NPL, at least that a start to something.....

Due to the fact that corruption has eaten deep into our system, cases of people especially footballers suffering after serving the nation would not have been hard of....

Giving them match bonus every time is spoiling them, its better of package something and give to them after their outing whether they came victorious or not.....
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by marlockj: 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2016
robosky02:
Nigeria abolish bonuses for world champions Eaglets

Cash-strapped Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have abolished match bonuses for the country’s developmental teams led by five-time U17 world champions Golden Eaglets, president Amaju Pinnick has announced.

The other developmental teams are U17 female team, the Flamingoes, U13 and U15 national teams.

“The players of these national teams will no longer be entitled to match bonus because of lack of funds caused by the economic downturn in the country,” a top official informed.

Pinnick admitted the NFF's poor finances on a television programme on Thursday.

“Funding has been very, very poor for the federation,” restated the NFF boss, who ruled out speculations that some of the national teams will be scraped because of the cash crunch.

The NFF have budgeted more than seven billion Naira for 2016 with most of the cash coming from government subvention.

cc:lalasticlala

http://mtnfootball.com/news/597801/Nigeria-abolish-bonuses-for-world-champions-Eaglets

World mst Foooolish country a Senator kips taking home 14million naria. Rather than reduce their pay u keep reducing the d poor masses own.

U Ppl Dnt Hv money Bt u Hv massive 14million per Senator that is aside daily bribe. Assuming a Senator mst Hv compulsory 10staff as personal we will not worry.Bt the whole 14m Jst for one person alone.

They Evn have newspaper allowance Wat for, so if u gv them allowance in everything,what then will they buy wit basic salary.since u Hv provided everything.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by arsetalks(m): 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
This is just silly. I agree they should get nothing more than presidential handshake but their match bonuses should be paid to them.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
This is fine as long as..

1.. officials will not be receiving travel allowances

and

2. Reduce the number of officials accompanying players to a tournament.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
What happens to the money paid to the NFF as attendance or participation fees? For the winning team, what happens to the money paid for winning the tournament as in the case of the eaglets....what will happen if any of these players get a life threatening injury, who foots the bill... somebody is not telling us something here.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by TemiOlagoke(m): 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2016
Just as I understand the fact that the NFF is cash strapped and is trying to manage funds, what I don't understand is why the choice of these set of teams that have in recent years, proven themselves at not just continental but world level and not their 'elder ones' who have not put out their best, at least in recent times.

I understand that the Super Eagles and Falcons are the 'main national' teams(no disrespect to others) but I believe the payment of bonuses should be based on performance, even stellar ones and not situations where some are paid when they lose scandalously.

I might have gotten the whole idea of the NFF muddled up and I stand to be corrected politely but I know few people might see things from my own perspective.

Happy new year everyone.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by AK481(m): 3:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
teebaxy:
Scrap the trash, find job for them in the farm... or what are economic benefit has their victory brought to my dear country.

Knowledge is power.
Read so people won't laugh @ u.

Viewing center creates a lot of job for nigerians,they made it possible for people to patronise them.

Advertisement which is used to pay staff of tv and radio station,their activities made it possible.

Happy new year,I would av used a stronger words to qualify your exceptional illiteracy and ignorance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
davspog2:
They are not yet adults! Just 17 years old kids! So it's the right way to go in my own opinion.
No mind them. I still remember a Nigerian female footballer turning down a bonus from NFF when the falconets won a competition in 2014 because her football academy in the US frowns at teenagers collecting bonuses.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by ERAKAMUS: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
DOKTOR BULL.ARI THE DULLARD.

THE ISLAMIST JUST SCRAP SOCCER INSTEAD OF USING THIS MEASURE WE ALL KNOW HE'S A JIHADIST.

LASTLY HE SHOULD LEAD BY EXAMPLE BY ABOLISHING HIS OWN BONUS.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Luukasz(m): 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2016
robosky02:
Nigeria abolish bonuses for world champions Eaglets
teams.

“The players of these national teams will no longer be entitled to match bonus because of lack of funds caused by the economic downturn in the country,” a top official informed.

Pinnick admitted the NFF's poor finances on a television programme on Thursday.

“Funding has been very, very poor for the federation,” restated the NFF boss, who ruled out speculations that some of the national teams will be scraped because of the cash crunch.

The NFF have budgeted more than seven billion Naira for 2016 with most of the cash coming from government subvention.

cc:lalasticlala

http://mtnfootball.com/news/597801/Nigeria-abolish-bonuses-for-world-champions-Eaglets

But they cant abolish their allowances. NFF is corrupt.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Oche211(m): 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
Every organisation in Nigeria wants to eat from the national pot -OIL
our football administrators in this country are just lazy nd incompetent. This is what happens when u ve politicians at the helm of football affairs in the country.
They can't even think out of the box to generate incomes/revenues. Imagining denying back to back defending champs of match bonues.
What happens to image rights nd sponsorships for d younger national teams? How abt advert charges nd Tv rights?
To simply put it, NFF consist of bunch of incompetent men who only rely on FG for funds. Don't tell me FIFA only gave Nigeria Awards nd Trophy without any cash
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by babygoat: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2016
OKUCHI11:
no Karl marx said " the rich is getting richer at the expense of the poor...... in dialectical materialism ..... Why can they not forfeit their salary just for the social economic status of the poor.....please I stand to be corrected. . i also liken it to the Issue of unpaid salary......

bruh, i just happen to know their names grin just playing around
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Abugab(m): 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
In all seriousness, Nigeria and the NFF really need to do something about this as it is time we push our football a little away from government and her finances.

Where are the corporations and multinationals?
Football all over the world is in the hands of the corporate world. Even football associations get their pay cheques from private sectors.

Pinnick should double up and do the needful by sourcing for funds and corporate sponsors for the team and stop waiting for government handouts.

Maybe we should really start calling a spade a spade now even in the footballing circle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Silva: Why Didn't Hypocritical Messi Cry During Chelsea Or Madrid Controversies / Ronaldo's Interview: Man United Will React After Facts Have Been Established / Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.