Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets (26844 Views)

Nigerian Scrabble Team - The World Champions - Denied Visa To France / Kehinde And Taiwo Awoniyi's 19th Birthday Celebrated By The Ex Eaglets Striker / World Champions, Eaglets Storm Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by OKUCHI11(m): 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
babygoat:

bruh, i just happen to know their names grin just playing around
re u studying sociology
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by chuose: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
[size=13pt]By the time dullard don finish with the south, ein go don cut off everything the south get move am North.

Make Yeye Igbo People & Yeye Yoruba people dey fight themselves, while the North dey rule them.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
They Abolished it because Majority of the players are BIAFRANS.if it were the Sick Almajiris,they wouldn't have Tried it. Yet we shout ONE NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by tommykiwi(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2016
Etumgbe:
Nff wan use these small boys and girls money enrich themselves.

Anyway God is watching all of you.
I don't think NFF is to be blamed on this issue, this av to do we the president decision not NFF ok b4 U start raining causes on NFF.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by chuose: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
Emmagenius:
They Abolished it because Majority of the players are BIAFRANS.if it were the Sick Almajiris,they wouldn't have Tried it. Yet we shout ONE NIGERIA.
True but yorubas too dey!

make we see if B00hari got fill Eaglets with Almajiris.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
This is pure Wickedness.ONLY time will tell When Our leader is Released and we'll have our Desires. And stop Trying to Bribe him so that he would COMPROMISE because he Can NEVER. He said he PREFERS to Remain in DETENTION to Perversion of justice
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
chuose:
True but yorubas too dey!
make we see if B00hari got fill Eaglets with Almajiris.

Don't mind The Fool. Those GUYS are just BLOCK-HEAD

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by akinszz: 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
Irunobo ye
irunoobo:
H
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by badonkadonk: 3:37pm On Jan 01, 2016
robosky02:
Nigeria abolish bonuses for world champions Eaglets

Cash-strapped Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have abolished match bonuses for the country’s developmental teams led by five-time U17 world champions Golden Eaglets, president Amaju Pinnick has announced.

The other developmental teams are U17 female team, the Flamingoes, U13 and U15 national teams.

“The players of these national teams will no longer be entitled to match bonus because of lack of funds caused by the economic downturn in the country,” a top official informed.

Pinnick admitted the NFF's poor finances on a television programme on Thursday.

“Funding has been very, very poor for the federation,” restated the NFF boss, who ruled out speculations that some of the national teams will be scraped because of the cash crunch.

The NFF have budgeted more than seven billion Naira for 2016 with most of the cash coming from government subvention.

cc:lalasticlala

http://mtnfootball.com/news/597801/Nigeria-abolish-bonuses-for-world-champions-Eaglets

I wonder how he would feel, if they took away his monthly bonuses and allowances...!!??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Folksyharry(m): 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
The present economic condition is affecting everyone but NFF chose to only remove bonuses of the players while the salaries and allowances of the NFF remain the same. The selfishness of our leaders is terrible.
The ones that will be hardworking and lucky to get into the team should play very well so that one European club will be convinced enough to sign them.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by rusher14: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
These lads and lasses are not yet rated as professionals. Rather, at this age they are regarded as apprentices and it should be about the game, sportsmanship and pride.

It's also time for corporate Nigeria to adopt some of these youth teams by sponsoring their "match bonuses" and such.

The young boys and girls should be encouraged to do more but should realise youth tournaments are not the height of their careers.

However, in light of these belt-tightening period, such sacrifices should also be spread across the legislators and presidency.

Lastly, it's time for the young to begin to take their talents, leadership qualities, dynamism etc. to a level never before witnessed.

We are all world beaters if we believe.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Spybradd: 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
20bc:
Even though am not happy with it, I think it's for the best. It's now time for those boys to play for Glory..... cool

am pretty sure every employer will wanna employ you..
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by zuchyblink(m): 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
Buhari didn't even bother to welcome this boys as usual. That was when i knew that there is fire on the mountain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by 20bc(m): 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2016
Spybradd:

am pretty sure every employer will wanna employ you..

Lol.. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by toprealman: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
Buhari the clueless one strikes again. We have enough money to grant loan to our so-called lawmakers and enough to buy brand new SUV for them in addition to the loan granted them.
Yet we cannot even give these lads national Honor, scholarships, land, >1M naira etc.
Buhari is a fraud....people wake up!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by kutchs: 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
20bc:
Even though am not happy with it, I think it's for the best. It's now time for those boys to play for Glory..... cool
Play for glory really?
How about the president, governors, NASS and state assembly members, ministers and commissioners, special advisers, govt appointees and of course NFF members work for Glory?
What's the difference between what those boys do and what they do in their various various? They get paid millions of naira for stealing our resources while the boys who actually do us proud, who make us feel proud to be called Nigerians play and work for glory. Are they glory scared?
You need to be reminded that some of those boys even at that tender age have become breadwinners of their various families and from such bonuses they provide for the family.
If the economic downturn is the reason for this decision, then the president and all political appointees should have a cut in their salaries, allowances, travelling estacodes and all that so we know the economy is really biting.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by 20bc(m): 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
kutchs:

Play for glory really?
How about the president, governors, NASS and state assembly members, ministers and commissioners, special advisers, govt appointees and of course NFF members work for Glory?
What's the difference between what those boys do and what they do in their various various? They get paid millions of naira for stealing our resources while the boys who actually do us proud, who make us feel proud to be called Nigerians play and work for glory. Are they glory scared?
You need to be reminded that some of those boys even at that tender age have become breadwinners of their various families and from such bonuses they provide for the family.
If the economic downturn is the reason for this decision, then the president and all political appointees should have a cut in their salaries, allowances, travelling estacodes and all that so we know the economy is really biting.

Great point bro, but at this stage the government has been trying to cut the cost of governance in all areas.....
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by FLYFIRE(m): 4:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
odogwu125:
The so called 5% made up 99% of that winning team. The country will never progres until merit is elevated over quota system
When we say bubu WILL TAKE NIGERIA BACK MANY YEARS people think we just wail...more backwardness will follow

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by chuose: 4:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
FLYFIRE:

When we say bubu WILL TAKE NIGERIA BACK MANY YEARS people think we just wail...more backwardness will follow

I wish say u talk lie, but na true talk!
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
Emmagenius:

If the majority of the players were Almajiris....they would have still abolished it.

Fact is....we no longer have enough money thanks to the fall in oil prices. We ought to cut costs. Which is why people should be angry with the cesspool of corruption that is the NFF.....they cannot make money for themselves....and prefer to chop money.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
FLYFIRE:

And when you Nigerians realise that our country is not a rich country, and that we must start cutting costs and ending corruption,...we will get no where.

Oil prices have dropped, and we do not have enough money any-more. Things beyond the control of this current government, and even beyond the control of the PDP govt in the past.

So, you better follow Ghana's example in the 1980's....and cut your coats according to your size. We have no choice. We are a resource dependent country....and the price of our main resources have fallen. Time we left resource dependency behind.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Imyourex(m): 5:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
Paying them their token bonus is difficult but the NA is planning to buy 4.5bn worth of cars #SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by texazzpete(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
Great news.
Silly waste of taxpayer funds to pay bonuses after their regular salaries. If we paid all civil servants bonuses too, where would we see money from?

Anyone not proud to represent their nation should not play for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by dinggle: 5:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
Common sense requires that this decision be overturn.
These boys make us proud and relevant within community of nations.
Take away bonuses of Senators relegate their job to part-time and pay them minimum wage, they are a disgrace and shame to the country.
Take away bonuses of governors their lavish life styles do not benefit the people they serve.
Even the president don't need the billions he will be spending....
Reward should be considered with the pride you give to your country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by Bollinger(m): 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
GraceBestowed:
This is a bit of a shame. These players will see it as something being taken away from them which isn't a morale booster.

Nigeria should source funding for this!

Random question: are they doing the same for the Eagles?

You are wrong. Back in the day, a long long time ago, in a galaxy not so far away, I was a thoroughly talented footballer. I was a member of the Osjack and Abuede football clubs (in that order) which was at the time the main poaching ground for coaches recruiting for the under 17 and 21 National teams. I was actually called up twice for tryouts but never made the final list. When we played, we played for pride, ambition and the enjoyment of the game. We did not play for money. We were supposed to be young, remember? Maybe that's why we were so good. Now the focus is on money. Don't get me wrong, money is important but not at that age level. Maybe now, we'll start using true under 17 players.
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by GraceBestowed(f): 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
Bollinger:

You are wrong. Back in the day, a long long time ago, in a galaxy not so far away, I was a thoroughly talented footballer. I was a member of the Osjack and Abuede football clubs (in that order) which was at the time the main poaching ground for coaches recruiting for the under 17 and 21 National teams. I was actually called up twice for tryouts but never made the final list. When we played, we played for pride, ambition and the enjoyment of the game. We did not play for money. We were supposed to be young, remember? Maybe that's why we were so good. Now the focus is on money. Don't get me wrong, money is important but not at that age level. Maybe now, we'll start using true under 17 players.
Very well put point, I totally understand your point of view! :-)

Lol re: '... we'll start using true under 17 players'. I tire for Nigeria and the official age wahala!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by jonnieoneng: 7:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
20bc:

Many timest I wonder if people actually think be4 posting dea comments.PLAY 4 GLORY........WHAT D HELL ARE U SAYIN.IN WAT COUNTRY OF THE WORLD DO THEY PRACTICE THIS TYPE OF THING.PLS ENLIGHTEN ME!Will the Officals of NFF also work 4 free?This is the reason why it is better to have ex-fotballers as President of NFF,and not this greedy politicians whose only motive is to chop,loot and pack money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by gogodaye(m): 7:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
The funds for paying the workman after a hard days work under our new Sheriffs is becoming a mirage.....

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by madeoba: 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2016
20bc:
is winning at least 5 times not Glory to you, how many have the so called #SuperEagles won?
Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by geez18(m): 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
20bc:

in management there's what is called "incentive".something given,aside from the prize at stake,to motivate you to go higher.with the unceremonious removal of this,you guys had better be ready for trophyless campaigns by these teams.by the way,the so called "super" eagles whose bonuses are to be left untouched,how consistent are they in delivering on the big stage?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Abolishes Bonuses For World Champions Eaglets by madeoba: 7:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
20bc:

Great point bro, but at this stage the government has been trying to cut the cost of governance in all areas.....
cutting cost in all areas? and yet the NA want to purchase cars worth 4.5bn naira. my brother please what cost have they cut?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Silva: Why Didn't Hypocritical Messi Cry During Chelsea Or Madrid Controversies / Ronaldo's Interview: Man United Will React After Facts Have Been Established / Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.