Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why Are People So Rude On NL? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are People So Rude On NL? (3973 Views)

The Return Of The NL FAMILY SECTION DEACTIVATORS! / 11 Signs Of A Rude Husband That You Shouldn’t Ignore / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by SAMBARRY: 3:55am On Jan 02, 2016
grin grin grin
missKiffy:
True, just post a comment they don't like and they start insulting you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Mizwisdom(f): 6:21am On Jan 02, 2016
Hello, SAMBARRY what's on your mind? smiley
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by eyinjuege: 7:49am On Jan 02, 2016
Most Nigerians are generally rude and it has nothing to do with NL. Some even unnecessarily aggressive.

Magic words such as please, sorry , excuse me, I beg your pardon, thank you are not in most people's dictionary.

Unfortunate but true.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Ngokafor(f): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2016
eyinjuege:
Most Nigerians are generally rude and it has nothing to do with NL. Some even unnecessarily aggressive.

Magic words such as please, sorry , excuse me, I beg your pardon, thank you are not in most people's dictionary.

Unfortunate but true.

....Your are so right,NL is simply a reflection of the attitude of the average Nigerian...so rude,aggressive and extremely quick to throw insults at the slightest provocation.

...@Sambarry you don laugh tire for this thread i can see cheesy wink..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by usermane(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2016
Because Nairaland is full of immature adults or overgrown kids who take the forum as a play ground where they can afford to be silly without dealing with the consequences

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Olasco93: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2016
Mizwisdom:
Can someone explain why people are so rude
Am not judging anyone, but i just want to say that people are Rude or 'Become' Rude for many reasons:
¤ Attitude:
Some, it is their attitude. Some people have a bad attitude online and off-line that they cannot control themself privately or even in public to the extent of taking such attitude online.
¤ Attention/Recognition:
This one is very common here. Some just want to gain online Recognition by being or claiming rude thereby saying all sort unfriendly words against others even themselves just to attract attention other party.
[b]¤ Likes:

This category are Plenty here. They are the people who just want others to LIKE their comment. Some will even be insulting their parents, themselves even the owner of the Forum so that their 'Bed of the same feathers' will LIKE their comment/post even when they know it's wrong. .
¤ Selfishness
Why some don't even know or practice Online-Etiqutte, they can't even create threads but they always see where people make grammatical error, instead of correcting with love, the right way, they will just post/comment on Thread harshly/rudely and insultingnot minding how it can hurt other people their words are unloving, and their rudeness are 'direct' forgetting that what you write online stays online.
¤ Temper:
This ones cannot just control their hot temper, they become hot just because someone 'Oppose' their opinion they will just start Insulting or Replying with unwholesome words that will make others to start derailing peoples thread.
And the truth is that their Hot Temper cannot even Iron any shirt talkless of boiling water.
Truly speaking, this things ought not be so, lets try to control ourselves because Rudeness On and Off-line, it's never a good thing virtue. I imploy us to be more friendly online, show and express love everywhere in this New Year and lets Bury the old-wrong attitude of ours. To whom this thread is rebuking now, have a change of heart and lets STOP saying the Right things the Wrong way.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:12am On Jan 02, 2016
eyinjuege:

Unfortunate but true.

I agree with you on this being a general attitude of our people, but I feel it is somehow worse online if only we know how far simple courtesy can take us, ignorance is bad.
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Mizwisdom(f): 11:21am On Jan 02, 2016
Olasco93:

Am not judging anyone, but i just want to say that people are Rude or 'Become' Rude for many reasons:
¤ Attitude:
Some, it is their attitude. Some people have a bad attitude online and off-line that they cannot control themself privately or even in public to the extent of taking such attitude online.
¤ Attention/Recognition:
This one is very common here. Some just want to gain online Recognition by being or claiming rude thereby saying all sort unfriendly words against others even themselves just to attract attention other party.
[b]¤ Likes:

This category are Plenty here. They are the people who just want others to LIKE their comment. Some will even be insulting their parents, themselves even the owner of the Forum so that their 'Bed of the same feathers' will LIKE their comment/post even when they know it's wrong. .
¤ Selfishness
Why some don't even know or practice Online-Etiqutte, they can't even create threads but they always see where people make grammatical error, instead of correcting with love, the right way, they will just post/comment on Thread harshly/rudely and insultingnot minding how it can hurt other people their words are unloving, and their rudeness are 'direct' forgetting that what you write online stays online.
¤ Temper:
This ones cannot just control their hot temper, they become hot just because someone 'Oppose' their opinion they will just start Insulting or Replying with unwholesome words that will make others to start derailing peoples thread.
And the truth is that their Hot Temper cannot even Iron any shirt talkless of boiling water.
Truly speaking, this things ought not be so, lets try to control ourselves because Rudeness On and Off-line, it's never a good thing virtue. I imploy us to be more friendly online, show and express love everywhere in this New Year and lets Bury the old-wrong attitude of ours. To whom this thread is rebuking now, have a change of heart and lets STOP saying the Right things the Wrong way.

You've done a good job of analysing this issue, thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by crackhaus: 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
Mizwisdom:
Can someone explain why people are so rude
Because of people like you who seem to take NL too seriously and consequently get affected by the rudeness...heck, you even had to start a thread to complain about it cheesy

At least 500,000 registered members on here and you expect each one to post only what will make you happy... gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Lexusgs430: 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mizwisdom:

Thank you my brother, na wa, it seems there are so many kids on this forum or maybe just people that take pleasure in being mischievous.

Been online is faceless!!! Promoting the liberty to say all sorts and commonsense out of the window.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by pamcode(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
Most do it to get attention to themselves and for some it gives them a kind of elation so dont pay them any attention

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 04, 2016
I guess because keyboard courage makes them feel better about themselves. I get these rude comments from time to time and I'm just trying to help to the people I'm posting to.

I can't figure out why these types of people start things?But sometimes once they do, hahaha,....it fires me up and I go right back at them cool

I often wonder if they talk like that to people they meet in the street, marketplace, school, church... I bet they surely don't.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by SAMBARRY: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
Like you don't know basic courtesy is alien to Nigerians grin cheesy
Ngokafor:

....Your are so right,NL is simply a reflection of the attitude of the average Nigerian...so rude,aggressive and extremely quick to throw insults at the slightest provocation.

...@Sambarry you don laugh tire for this thread i can see cheesy wink..

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by SAMBARRY: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mizwisdom:
Hello, SAMBARRY what's on your mind? smiley
people removing their shirts to fight on thwe road when they hit each other meanwhile simple sorry will have avoided the punches cusses and tearing each other's shirts cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by KanwuliaJara: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lack of home training!
Bastards raise themselves and don't know any better! wink

If you grew up in the ghettoes of NIGERIA or NL, what choices do you have?
No electricity, no water, no food.
Plus DORTY efrywia!!!'
Poverty dey cause KRASE o! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by johnson232: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mizwisdom:
culprits are people that cannot open their mouth to talk to someone in real life
How do u know?
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by johnson232: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hunnydropps:

I often wonder if they talk like that to people they meet in the street, marketplace, school, church... I bet they surely don't.
U can't be too sure...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
johnson232:

U can't be too sure...

You're right about that tho.
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by johnson232: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
KanwuliaJara:
Lack of home training!
Bastards raise themselves and don't know any better! wink

If you grew up in the ghettoes of NIGERIA or NL, what choices do you have?
No electricity, no water, no food.
Plus DORTY efrywia!!!'
Poverty dey cause KRASE o! grin
Who are u referring to?
This your moniker should be among the first two when it comes to making rude, unguarded and senseless remarks...

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Mizwisdom(f): 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
johnson232:

How do u know?

I guess I should have added "Some"
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by KanwuliaJara: 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
johnson232:

Who are u referring to?
This your moniker should be among the first two when it comes to making rude, unguarded and senseless remarks...

Meeeeeeee? RUUUUUUUUDE? shocked
Please, prove it or DIE in less than 24 hours! kiss
Abeg go wash NYANSH, make ya brain get fresssssh hia.

Nonsense!!!!
When you are in a ghetto, join da club!!!!
No apologies! kiss
If you learn to insult me, I go SAMA you back!
You tink say you go cuss me on or offline, and I go "KEEEE KWAYET"? shocked
Unless I am too busy to notice your azzzzze!

On that note, mind the topic and . . . . Your PHOCKING BIZZ.

Happy OLD YEAR! kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by johnson232: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2016
Mizwisdom:

I guess I should have added "Some"
But it could be "none".... wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by johnson232: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
KanwuliaJara:

Meeeeeeee? RUUUUUUUUDE? shocked
Please, prove it or DIE in less than 24 hours! kiss
Abeg go wash NYANSH, make ya brain get fresssssh hia.

Nonsense!!!!
When you are in a ghetto, join da club!!!!
No apologies! kiss
If you learn to insult me, I go SAMA you back!
You tink say you go cuss me on or offline, and I go "KEEEE KWAYET"? shocked
Unless I am too busy to notice your azzzzze!

On that note, mind the topic and . . . . Your PHOCKING BIZZ.

Happy OLD YEAR! kiss
E be like say na expired weed u dey smoke...

B. M. F.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Don't even bother with them abeg. And 9 times out of 10 it's those dudes.... You're wondering what you even did to them or if they've eaten all day or if you've jilted them before

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by chibwike(m): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
NP: magic-rude
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by KanwuliaJara: 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
johnson232:

E be like say na expired weed u dey smoke...

B. M. F.

Still waiting for your proof! kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
MrsPhyno:
Don't even bother with them abeg. And 9 times out of 10 it's those dudes.... You're wondering what you even did to them or if they've eaten all day or if you've jilted them before

indeed.they'd come at you like a raging bull.grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Mizwisdom(f): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Thanks
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by johnson232: 7:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
KanwuliaJara:

Still waiting for your proof! kiss
I don't present proof for free...
Even father Xmas dey charge for his gift. ..

If u are willing to pay I can provide the cd..
It contains a lot of revealing info about ur life....
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by johnson232: 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
MrsPhyno:

So... Only dudes are rude on NL? "
I greet u...
Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
I have wondered the same thing too. atimes the first page of a topic would go so long with nothing but blatant rudeness until the 2nd or 3rd page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Rude On NL? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
johnson232:

So... Only dudes are rude on NL? "
I greet u...
Does 9/10 mean only?
I greet u too sah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? / Having Trouble Understanding My Nigerian Husband / Please I Need Help. I Think Im Being Too Harsh On Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.