Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed By The FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed By The FG (3188 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Weeps On Meeting Boy Whose Eyes Were Removed By Ritualists / Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project / 8 Things Nigerians Should Expect Now That Subsidy Has Been Removed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed By The FG by akin7686(m): 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
hinohsend:

The man on the street didn't protest against the removal of subsidy,but against the increase in the price of fuel.
Thank you. In as much as the removal doesn't warrant increase in price of fuel, I'm okay by it.
HNY grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed By The FG by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
GEJ removed It the country went berserk. So why are we not going to go berserk too Apc scam

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed By The FG by Idiataqueen(f): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2016
disloman:
cos of who una hero can't do successfully,PMB did neatly.Though,some guys might argue due to some factor but if the hero was willing,He could have got it done.
ah ah,wait o what is my business with pmb, gej or bmw, do i look like i have interest in politics,u better take is easy or else u will have hbp because of pmb or whatever.abeg fu ck off my mention.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Has Been Removed By The FG by jpphilips(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2016
There is no subsidy in the 2016 budget does not necessarily mean that Subsidy has been removed.
With low crude price, the import price margin has been eroded by default. What we should be asking for is a reduction in Government benchmark so that subsidy comes alive again.
With the present face of the economy and a 2.22T budget deficit, such demands may be termed insensitive.
Furthermore in as much as the import price differential has been eroded by default, further currency devaluation and any increase in crude price may threaten this move.
From the look of things, only NNPC retail stations will have to be selling at the new rate, this is because the products are neither imported nor refined locally, but supplied through Nigeria's OPA,
This source is immuned to both increase in crude price and a devalued Naira.
Ride on PMB, im highly impressed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federalism: What States Will Host Regional Capitals? / See The Copy Of President Buhari's Letter To The House of Assembly (Photo) / PDP Leadership Tussle: Supreme Proceedings Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.