Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project (17359 Views)

China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes / 40yrs After, FG’s N2 Trillion Mambilla Power Project Yet To Begin / 3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by 40ng: 8:03am On Sep 07, 2017
Here are Some Questions and Answers that you need to know about the Nigeria Federal Government "Mambilla Power Project" , check FAQ's below.

1. When was final approval given for the Hydro Electric Power Project?

In August 2017, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved the award of the contract for the engineering, procurement and construction of the Mambila Hydro Electric Power Project.

2. How many Megawatts is the power plant?

The power plant is expected to be 3050 MW. This 3050MW project will be the biggest single power project in Nigeria.

3. How was the project revived, after decades of being stalled?

The major breakthrough in the execution of this project was achieved when President Muhammadu Buhari initiated discussions at the level of the President of the Peoples Republic of China, in the course of his State Visit in April, 2016.

4. Which companies have been awarded with the contract?

The project was awarded to a consortium of three Chinese Companies — CGCC, SINOHYDRO and CGCOC. Messrs CGCC-SINOHYDRO-CGOCC Joint Venture was formed to accomplish this landmark project.

5. How much does is the project expected to cost?

The landmark infrastructure project will cost Nigeria the sum of US 5,792,497,062.00, inclusive of taxes, environment utilization, works, as well as project land acquisition and compensation to workers.

6. How many people will be affected by this project?

About 100,000 people will be need to be resettled. The construction cost includes compensation for these people.

Source : VIVIAN GIST NIGERIA

13 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by ruggedmallaam(m): 8:17am On Sep 07, 2017
WOW! first to comment for the first time.but i don't see anything in it

5 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by icedfire(m): 8:26am On Sep 07, 2017
if only they can finish it before 2019.... but they won't... no be naija? 2025 is not certain sef

13 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by itiswellandwell: 11:20am On Sep 07, 2017
Okay. Hope it's completed.

Check my signature for your full capacity powerbank
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by Yomzzyblog: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by chinoxstock: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2017
angry
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by muller101(m): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2017
I wonder why we just dump coal. That's another source of power generation.
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by RexEmmyGee: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2017
G
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by wakililipupuru: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2017
Will no get light for like a month now

1 Like

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by tonio2wo: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2017
nice, i hope who so ever takes over in 2019 does not abandon it.

6 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by bettercreature(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2017
All these power sources can never take us to promise land
Nothing like Nuclear power

3 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by marxist88: 11:23am On Sep 07, 2017
Good job
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by Vioncy(f): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2017
I pray it'll be actualized o
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by ExAngel007(f): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2017
In Nigeria i believe
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by seyigiggle: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2017
North trying to settle itself in emergence of break up.
what happened to the gas power plant constructed during GEJ administration?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by GreatEvilBeast(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2017
muller101:
its bad 4 d environment

5 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by Abbeylincson(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2017
muller101:
Coal causes heavy pollution both water and air.

10 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by JohnieWalker12(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2017
This just made my day

1 Like

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by mrlaw93(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2017
Alot of capital projects.. Bt when will pure water return back to #5 cry

2 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by PLATO1U(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2017
I pray this is successful has it'll help the economy. also gv apc chance in winning the 2019 election.
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by MrGreenMavro: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2017
j
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by alexpetersng: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2017
icedfire:
if only they can finish it before 2019.... but they won't... no be naija? 2025 is not certain sef

They won't even start it

2 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by Ebiezprada(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2017
muller101:
Coal is not a clean/green source of energy. The idea of Sustainable development don't permit the use of coal for power generation.

3 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by muller101(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2017
Abbeylincson:

Coal causes heavy pollution both water and air.
we are a developing country . The largest power plant in Taiwan is making use of coal. Are we more developed than Taiwan?

8 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by refreshrate: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2017
The only thing I want to know is let them give us light

If they have to put transformer between fashola & buharis gap teeth to achieve this I swear to God I can't be bothered.

Next week these eediots are bringing bill, it's going to be high & not commensurate to what they supplied.

8 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by muller101(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2017
Ebiezprada:

Coal is not a clean/green source of energy. The idea of Sustainable development don't permit the use of coal for power generation.
to hell with that idea . USA INDIA CHINA TAIWAN are still making use of coal for power generation. Are we better than those countries

8 Likes

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by clevadani: 11:29am On Sep 07, 2017
Name today?
When are we going to see commissioning?

1 Like

Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by Pinkblue(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2017
We should be generating power from nuclear enegy not this shiit
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by Originality007: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2017
grin
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by refreshrate: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2017
JohnieWalker12:
This just made my day

I respect the people wey dey do you, walahi dem try
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by jericco1(m): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Nt bad
Re: Mambilla Power Project: 6 Things You Need To Know About The FG Project by slurity1: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2017
muller101:
we are a developing country . The largest power plant in Taiwan is making use of coal. Are we more developed than Taiwan?
Am sure Taiwan must be looking for a way to stop its use now because its a future mess they are enjoying now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jafaru Muhammad: ‘Bandits May Destroy Super Tucano Jets In Niger’ / Adamu Garba Asks Nigerians For Money To Purchase APC ₦100m Presidential Form / Peter Obi Support Groups In Borno State Hold Meeting Ahead Of His Campaign (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.