Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? (1513 Views)

Paris Terror Attacks Is Obama And Nato's Handwork / First Lady Of The United States Of America Michelle Obama, 'A MAN?' / Why Is Obama Visiting Ghana Before Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by Litmus: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2009
Obama is minutely aware that Nigeria epitomises blackness. To your typical Asian or white European or American, Nigeria is the nearest thing to a potential Black Power. To get a sense of what I mean, imagine Malcolm X was alive and became the president of America. Imagine how it would play to white America if his first act were to visit Nigeria. Sure visit Ghana, ‘Ow gosh, ain Obama just so cute visiting the home of that quaint fella Nkrumah. I recon its all good. Ain Ghana just so cute with all them Kente cloths let our Obam pay’em his homage’. However, Nigeria would be a different thing. The situation in Zimbabwe and Somalia is of a different kind. Those nations could not act as a rallying point for Universal black empowerment in quite the same way that Nigeria could. When Nigeria moved into Liberia and Sierra Leone, whatever anyone thinks of the action in terms of success or failure, the reaction in the West was surprisingly one riddled with anxiety. The Nigeria interventions going on in a climate of optimism brought about by Mandela pronouncing that democracy and change was indeed now sweeping through Africa it appeared to me as if the West feared Africa might start solving African problems. I remember that one of the first things that America did in response was to scramble to create a rival intervention force in Senegal. 

If you are a black person presented with choices that might affect you in terms of race and you are having difficulty, deciding what decision to make as a black person I find it helps to apply my white supremacist test. It goes something like this, for example, Labour or Conservative who should I vote for.  Ask yourself whom would a white Supremacist vote for if he had no choice but to vote. In this instance he would vote conservative so I vote Labour.

Give a white supremacists a nuclear bomb and ask him to blow up just one African nation, chances are he would direct it at Nigeria. Place a gun to the head of a white supremacist and tell him, select one African country whose model of development he would like to see replicated throughout Africa, chances are he would select South Africa or Ghana. 

During Obama’s campaign, he steadfastly avoided eye contact with black people in crowds who rushed to congratulate or praise him. Moreover, in the instance when he did, it was as if he had devised a strategy beforehand for such awkward moments. For example, 10 seconds as the maximum time to spend in eye and finger contact with a black person before the wider American viewing public assigned him the unwanted label Black Radical.

Do not misunderstand me, I do sympathise and understand his reticence, since, ultimately, on this occasion, few would argue that the intended goal - especially in the context of African American civil rights struggle - merited the means.  However, I believe Obama remains mindful of literally being perceived as “The Black president”.  In addition, for all our grand protestations, the truth is nearer to the baser possibility that he simply avoided going to Nigeria because Nigeria’s other international image is that of an upstart black Nation.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by udezue(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2009
BIG HEAP OF GARBAGE.

Obama is no coon. Nigeria is no epitome of blackness. Are u saying other African nations are not black enough. What have illegitimate Nigeria leaders achieved to gain his respect? I'm happy we have a powerful black leader doing what should have been done a long time ago. The only reason Nigeria is even tolerated at all is because of oil and when it dries up you'll even see more.

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA grin
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by Litmus: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2009
I'm happy we have a powerful black leader doing what should have been done a long time ago

What powerful black leader, surely you do not mean the one scuttling around the edges of Nigeria like a fiddler crab. If he is so concerned about the political situation in Nigeria, and so brave why didn’t he go directly to Nigeria and speak in the House, like Clinton did, and tell the politicians directly to their faces what America expects of Nigeria. Then we would be in no doubt he means well even if misguided.

Obama is a coon and a coward. grin grin
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by sojjy: 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2009
I strongly disagree with you.Obama is not a coon nor coward.Really,one would have expected the president of the most powerful state in the world to visit Nigeria first .But ,its quite unfortunate that Nigeria had lost the respect the world accord her since the wuru-wuru election conducted by professor Maurice Iwu in 2007.How on earth,do you expect the most respected, duly elected democratic president to visit a nation of no vision(s) with a stolen mandate.Youth rise up and present a candidate with good vision to lead us to the promise land.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2009
udezue:

BIG HEAP OF GARBAGE.

Obama is no coon. Nigeria is no epitome of blackness. Are u saying other African nations are not black enough. [size=18pt]What have illegitimate Nigeria leaders achieved to gain his respect? [/size] I'm happy we have a powerful black leader doing what should have been done a long time ago. The only reason Nigeria is even tolerated at all is because of oil and when it dries up you'll even see more.

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA grin

GBAM!

sojjy:

I strongly disagree with you.Obama is not a coon nor coward.Really,one would have expected the president of the most powerful state in the world to visit Nigeria first .[b]But ,its quite unfortunate that Nigeria had lost the respect the world accord her since the wuru-wuru election conducted by professor Maurice Iwu in 2007.How on earth,do you expect the most respected, duly elected democratic president to visit a nation of no vision(s) with a stolen mandate.[/b]Youth rise up and present a candidate with good vision to lead us to the promise land.

Solid points
I love nigeria, but why should Obama have to come there to fix anything, if the country cannot fix itself, who sef for an outsider? yall just want the publicity that Obama went to Nigeria, not that fact that anything he would say to the government would be heeded. angry sad angry angry
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by Virgo83(m): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2009
@ LITMUS
you are able to see what we never imagine, you re right. I strongly agree with you to some extent. But Obama is not worthy to be judge now lets wait and see what he's up to, though I never expect any miracle from him. He is truly black in colour what he is inside we never know.

His (OBAMA) not visiting Nigeria, to him might only be a signal to indicate is dissappointment in the country.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2009
come more posts
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by udezue(m): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2009
Yeye people act like he is obligated to visit Nigeria. I heard he even refused to visit Kenya until they get their leadership together. A Kenyan just told me that so this is not just against Nigeria. He is being very fair.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2009
becomrich;:

Obama is a principle man. He does not believe and share the same believe with nigeria leaders. who got into office thru rigging election. Look there are satellite pictures been seen all over the world. 6 billion people and it shows the 2007 election was rigged. If obama comes to nigeria, he could be supporting the fraud in nigeria. He does not want to be seen as supporting fraud.

I agree with u 100% what will Nigeria do if he visits? Nothing. But jump around for a couple of weeks because Obama has come! Please!

becomrich;:

And we would ave problem in 2011 if we do not remove the yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa state from nigeria. This is the only solution, whenyou do this obama would come to nigeria, take my word for it. i know what i am saying.

but this my dear. . . is very impossible. Try another solution.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by MandingoII(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
Nigeria is the EPITOME of disease, ills, fraud, corruption, and SICK government.

Obama is SMART for avoiding that FAILED state.

Hell, ya'll don't even take care of your people.

At least GHANA is trying.

why are Nigerians taking it personally that Obama will not set foot in their ([b]rotten flesh) [/b]of a country?
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2009
MandingoII:

Nigeria is the EPITOME of disease, ills, fraud, corruption, and SICK government.

why are Nigerians taking it personally that Obama will not set foot in their ([b]rotten flesh) [/b]of a country?

instead of coming up with a solution, u r antagonzing it angry
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by ifele(m): 2:51am On Jun 16, 2009
Litmus yur the coon. Nigeria is trouble if you see trouble coming avoid it.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by generalzango(m): 7:50am On Jun 16, 2009
The wuru wuru election u are talking about is not only in Nigeria it's every where, it's just that Obama knows that we have an incompetent Man as President.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by Litmus: 8:04am On Jun 16, 2009
Obama the coon has gone on record weeping for students (arabs) killed in Iran were is his comment on the goings on in the delta (african)state?
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by Riskie(f): 8:09am On Jun 16, 2009
Litmus:

Obama the coon has gone on record weeping for students (arabs) killed in Iran were is his comment on the goings on in the delta (african)state?

First of all, Iranians are not Arab, they are Persian. Secondly, you are a coon for bringing up such a topic. Obama owes Nigeria nothing. Why do we always feel the need for foreign approval or recognition anyway undecided
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by Litmus: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2009
Most people know by now Iranians arnt Arabs but the term Arab will do for me and the point i made still stands
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by kevd2: 9:28am On Jun 16, 2009
I suspect that LITMUS is another puppet for NIGERIA"S brain dead and inept leaders, all his claims and reasoning are just preposterous akin to those of our leaders. You dont need a rocket scientsit to show you that Nigeria is a failed state and some times i wonder why the country even recieves international recognition.
All our leaders including our parents ( at least most of them) are only interested in people being submissive to them even when there is no plausible reason to do so.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2009
Poster
Obama can go wherever he wishes to
Criticizing people's decision to do whatever they want to, typical characteristic of an idiotic coon
Figure it out tongue
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2009
I think too much issue is being made out of this Obama not visiting Nigeria thing.
He has his origin in Kenya but did not include Kenya in his list of to-visit countries. South Africa has equal, if not greater standing in international community than Nigeria, I did not see SA in his list.

So what's the fuss about not visiting Nigeria? I understand it sends a message, but I think the whole issue is overblown.
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 10:59am On Jun 16, 2009
Jarus:

I think too much issue is being made out of this Obama not visiting Nigeria thing.
He has his origin in Kenya but did not include Kenya in his list of to-visit countries. South Africa has equal, if not greater standing in international community than Nigeria, I did not see SA in his list.

So what's the fuss about not visiting Nigeria? I understand it sends a message, but I think the whole issue is overblown.

You will find out it is only idiots who are making too much issue out of it!
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by IFELEKE(m): 11:16am On Jun 16, 2009
Jarus:

Exactly!

@Poster if you fail to understand the above then you should understand this.
Obama is not visiting Nigeria because of the nefarious/criminal activities of our gluttonic/mandate snatching leaders.Their actions and inactions have seriously embarrased the international community and a sane head of state(of a progressive nation like USofA won't want to associate with our kind of government.

MandingoII:

why are Nigerians taking it personally that Obama will not set foot in their (rotten flesh) [/b]of a country?
Your comical stupidity will never amaze me.

becomrich;:

Obama is a principle man. He does not believe and share the same believe with nigeria leaders. who got into office thru rigging election. Look there are satellite pictures been seen all over the world. 6 billion people and it shows the 2007 election was rigged. If obama comes to nigeria, he could be supporting the fraud in nigeria. He does not want to be seen as supporting fraud, . .[b]GOOD

And we would ave problem in 2011 if we do not remove the yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa state from nigeria. This is the only solution, whenyou do this obama would come to nigeria, take my word for it. i know what i am saying. . .STUPID
What a stupid ending to a wonderful beginning. . .
Re: Is Obama A Coon For Avoiding Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2009
And we would ave problem in 2011 if we do not remove the yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa state from nigeria. This is the only solution, whenyou do this obama would come to nigeria, take my word for it. i know what i am saying.
Another masterclass from BCR's bag of humour.

(1) (Reply)

Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late / The Hard Truth - Manage Your Oil Wealth Well, Venezuela Urges Nigeria! / Abuja Bombings: Ibb's Invisible Hand And Gejs Bravery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.