Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash (95064 Views)

Donjazzy And His Marvin Crew Visit Buhari In London (Photoshopped Picture) / Donjazzy And D’prince Rock White Garment To Church / D’banj Fans React To DonJazzy And Olamide Beef,see Their Funny Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by golpen(m): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If u had bothered to read the write up that I responded to you would have known that my refering to lil kesh as a false hip hop artist was based on what was first posited and not based on the category. Even if it was just "next rated category" regardless of genre my response still stands....lil kesh is an indigenous act and half of his listeners are for beats as against lyrics while the other half detest his lewd lyrics obviously same way I do.

Even his slogan "skiborobo" we all know what it means. Crap does not deserve recognition. I go for quality any time as against quantity. And like Dare Art Alade said " those who know me know my ears for music"

Music is art. Everyone picks his own style, making poetic structures, figures of speech, repetitions and what have you, with a blend of melody. We all danced to awilo logomba, yes mainly because of the melody, but the sound of his words were compatible to our hearing senses, though we didn't understand the language. Basic line is, Lil kesh pulled more crowd than the others and has more hits. Some people will detest reekado katapot for being too emotional. That's what choice can do.

You can't base your own view on how the general public should feel. I love both of them, because I am a fan of every genre of music. I can listen to efejoku when the spirit is high or sing katapot in bed with bae.

2 Likes

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2016
FILEBE:

it's true. LIL KESH sings meaningless songs that i'll never allow my kids to hear. If he wants to sing for adults....he should just tell us so we go dey hear his songs like say na blue film we dey watch.

WORD!

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Dotwillis1(m): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2016
Eleniyan15:

baddo was high already I think he was flabbergasted.... Mehn the truth is that Lil Kesh should be the next rated

Don jazzy now forming holy nigga
poo wande and dbanj go just dey obs

smh

#GodblessOurHustle
the Truth?

And did u vote?

It's not a question of who is better, it's a question of if u voted

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2016
if lil kesh decides to spew out prurient lines,he should knw that more of this would occur.flavour didnt win any award with his ashawo and pant no na iro tracks even though the where quite popular. lil wayne too is proof of that fact ,those awards are symbols of professionalism which includes not just charisma but maturity and etiquette.As much as i enjoy the street cred idea,i don't much like the darker side of it olamide seems to favour of late.I hope he gets sober soon ,to be ashamed of his online rant -u just dont insult a mans mum and generation. i thought being Yoruba he would realise that respect extends beyond prostration.Don jazzy should just apologise and end this ignominious fracas.

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by RexTramadol1: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2016
Reekado worths it!

I love Kesh for rubbish songs

Reeky Banks get good tone!

Anyone supporting Baddo on this one don high

Infact, oloshi pple too dey dis country.....how on earth will u say Efejoku, Gbese re (lewd lyrics) be next rated?

Bet, Don Jazzy no try too!

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Frankiss44(m): 10:46am On Jan 02, 2016
SHAIBULIAR:
headies is a big fraud and the big artistes in the industry know it. How many big artiste was there yesterday and did you see how the show went?it was supposed to be our own grammy smh.

Even Grammy is a fraud to some people too.. That was why Kayne west pulled this olamide stunt too.. As for big artistes, I saw many yesterday unless Olamide and co aren't big artistes to you

2 Likes

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 02, 2016
golpen:

Music is art. Everyone picks his own style, making poetic structures, figures of speech, repetitions and what have you, with a blend of melody. We all danced to awilo logomba, yes mainly because of the melody, but the sound of his words were compatible to our hearing senses, though we didn't understand the language. Basic line is, Lil kesh pulled more crowd than the others and has more hits. Some people will detest reekado katapot for being too emotional. That's what choice can do.

You can't base your own view on how the general public should feel. I love both of them, because I am a fan of every genre of music. I can listen to efejoku when the spirit is high or sing katapot in bed with bae.

Every art or expression is meant to have texture and not a supposed act trying to force his crap down our throats. I am also a listener of all music but a fan of few. You cannot be a fan of all kinds of music so quit the exaggeration.
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Eleniyan15: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2016
Dotwillis1:
the Truth?
And did u vote?
It's not a question of who is better, it's a question of if u voted

definitely
if I did not vote did you think I would come here
let call a spade a spade
Lil Kesh should be the winner
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by SHAIBULIAR: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2016
Frankiss44:

Even Grammy is a fraud to some people too.. That was why Kayne west pulled this olamide stunt too.. As for big artistes, I saw many yesterday unless Olamide and co aren't big artistes to you
many?did you just say many?did you see those empty seats in the so called headies awards our own grammy awards?abeg no spoil my new year jo
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by uchennaq(m): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2016
FILEBE:

it's true. LIL KESH sings meaningless songs that i'll never allow my kids to hear. If he wants to sing for adults....he should just tell us so we go dey hear his songs like say na blue film we dey watch.

[size=20pt]IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE[/size]

[size=20pt]Is is very simple to identify the artist that deserve the 'Next Rated' award.
(1) The award is ''NEXT RATED''

(2) There is a significant difference between ''RATE and CONTENT''

(3) Do you know the meaning of ''Next Rated'' in the music industry? Do you know the criteria?

NEXT RATED: More hits, more air play, ( Radio/Tv,Club, Streets) Dancing to, Street appeal, C.Platform, Delievery, e.t.c

Reekado Banks- 45%
Lil Kesh------------95%

Forget sentiment! I don't like Lil Kesh. Don Jazzy just mess and exposed himself that he's the one that got problems and not D'banj and Wande Coal. Wande Coal just followed Olamide on twitter and Wande Coal tweeted ''Lol, Just passing through'' , meaning is ''I NO TELL YOU?, ATTITUDE NA SMOKE HE GO SOON SHOW AM TO YOU''[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 02, 2016
Olamide has just shown the world who the real baby is...smh
I thought he was a grown man
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Eleniyan15: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2016
sickstars:

You are too blind to see don jazzy wicked act
First lil kesh does street pop reekado banks does hiphop not d same genre of music why is headies always puttin them in d same categories always

Why did don jazzy do d cross sign wen bovi wanted to pull a stunt he knew wat he had done behind people

See its bribery nd corruption dat has ruined headies

Wen u do evil u can never be stable or meaningful

God watches wat every man does and pay them according to their deeds gon are d days dat headies awards are free nd fair

If reeky was truly voted for why was twitter handles buzzing that dey voted for lil kesh if that buzz poll shd b calculated enof people vote to lil kesh dan reekado banks
Don jazzy uses dat award to relieve himself that his boys are better act than ybnl acts every whr u went to last yr ybnl songs were played more dan any record label songs na

lil kesh is a mini version of olamide nd olamide categories has always been street pop why is lil kesh own different?

One is a singer d oda is a rapper headies is f*cked up abeg

confam

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by peleson: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2016
Eleniyan15:
confam

Lalasticlala ooo
Seun!!

#StreetMustSurelyTakeOver
Lil Kesh nah e get am...

jazzy now calling baddo name meanwhile nah organizer baddo they tasi oooo..smh

kudos to Lil Kesh
#shoki
#gbesere
#is it because I love you
#lyrically
#efejoku

yet the guy no worth am!!!!
naija I hail ooo

#EndTime
#TeamYBNl
#GodblessOurHustle
Really all these. Songs aren't tight at all! Me like Kiss Daniel

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2016
The next rated doesn't mean "an already rated star" Lil Kesh is a big hit i.e "already ratex" any other artist can be next rated, so Headies were very correct..Don Jazzy has every right to protect his Label and Reekado is his interest. I feel for Olamide's public show of Immaturity

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by golpen(m): 11:09am On Jan 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Every art or expression is meant to have texture and not a supposed act trying to force his crap down our throats. I am also a listener of all music but a fan of few. You cannot be a fan of all kinds of music so quit the exaggeration.

speak for your throat alone and no one is begging you to swallow it. Quote of the moment says 'reekado songs are the songs you hear in the club while catching your breathe from just dancing to shoki, awaiting efejoku !' that's someone's swallowing opinion. Thing is the scope of art goes beyond modesty. The Michaelangelo sculpture of David is still celebrated in the artistic world of the roman Catholic till today. Just in case you've never seen it, it depicts nudity, showing Davids manhood in a perfect sense. Romantic and exotic poems and novels have been revered and awarded over the years. Art is vast, you pick and recognise which appeals to your sense.

I guess I've grown mature to know what all this is and I can cope with being a fan of all genre if or when it appeals to my sense. It is greed and selfishness to generalize views based on what you think.
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by DrChukzy(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2016
Dexema:

you may have raised some salient points but trying to pass your points on the platform of tribalism is a very illogical path to take, the reekado banks that won isn't he from the west? this is exactly the same type of stylish insult Jazzy reacted to from Olamide yesterday.
am not raising any tribal war please...its just my observation! At least favour too has babymamas too
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by golpen(m): 11:12am On Jan 02, 2016
amtaken:
Were you?
We both were not and we both know what turn ups, hits and airplay say.
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by DrChukzy(m): 11:13am On Jan 02, 2016
Setaje:

You are a dunce.

Like your left breast abi? HOEoloshi
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Eleniyan15: 11:14am On Jan 02, 2016
peleson:

Really all these. Songs aren't tight at all! Me like Kiss Daniel

don't worry watch out next year buh headies suck
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by 989900: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2016
uchennaq:

[size=30pt]THEN YOU LIVE IN AWARA LGA IN NIGERIA:[/size]

Meh.
I'm sorry oik if I don't know your idol.

BTW, last time I checked, nairaland.com can be accessed from almost anywhere in the world, and knowing some random artist is not a prerequisite.
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by DrChukzy(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2016
SHAIBULIAR:
you are the most hediotic hediot on earth. If you wan to turn the whole thing to tribal war,pls bring it on,oponu ode omo ajokuta ma mu omi,ka da fun o lai tongue

baba nla baba e lo o n ba soro....Tribal ko? Tribunal ni. Mtcheeew Oponu Abooda
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 02, 2016
Forwetinnah:

Una Mama** Your Mamas** Ur Mothers**
Just Imagine?!
Wetin people mama get to do with that Steeeeewpid child's play at Headies last night. Coming from someone close to you, you might overlook but coming from a complete stranger that produces and sings trash half the time. Who be him mate there? He should keep forming Kanye. Where's Kanye West in the music industry now?! He killed his music career and robbed it off on the people around him eg Rihanna, now he's branched off into fashion

Bros but Baddo no call person name na, Don Jazzy shouldn't have called his name.
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by DrChukzy(m): 11:17am On Jan 02, 2016
insecticide:

sorry bro...I guess you're pained that the top 3 acts in Nigeria right are from that tribe.
Lmao...Top 3 acts for where? With how many BET? MAMA? AMAA? MOBO Awards? Join all of them 3 together. Mtcheeew
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Mom007(f): 11:18am On Jan 02, 2016
I thought I was the only one that noticed Lil kesh was just singing rubbish gutter songs laced with dirty lyrics. Dem no win award now e pain them! They should do better this year and stop trying to start something!
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 02, 2016
golpen:

speak for your throat alone and no one is begging you to swallow it. Quote of the moment says 'reekado songs are the songs you hear in the club while catching your breathe from just dancing to shoki, awaiting efejoku !' that's someone's swallowing opinion. Thing is the scope of art goes beyond modesty. The Michaelangelo sculpture of David is still celebrated in the artistic world of the roman Catholic till today. Just in case you've never seen it, it depicts nudity, showing Davids manhood in a perfect sense. Romantic and exotic poems and novels have been revered and awarded over the years. Art is vast, you pick and recognise which appeals to your sense.

I guess I've grown mature to know what all this is and I can cope with being a fan of all genre if or when it appeals to my sense. It is greed and selfishness to generalize views based on what you think.

My views are mine and not yours or a generalisation but obviously many support my view which explains why lil kesh isnt the next rated. I applaud everyone who did not vote for him.

Fyi michaelangelo made artistic expressions with depth and quality hence why the world still swoons over him. My focus is content and not mediocrity. Novels and all that romantic stuff is based on imagination and fantasy and such ca ot be used as a comparison for the reality of telvision and videos.

Example; which was more popular, JK Rowlings harry potter on paperback or on your screen? The power of visual stimulation can never be overemphasised. Once again I declare as my opinion that lil kesh lost out deservedly.
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Damikevin(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2016
sammycarz:
Make. We talk true.,both of them no deserve the award.respect kiss Daniel Baba. As for Lil kech u sabi sing Na u no get any endorsement,Abeg make we hear word
first of wen Kiss Daniel commot wen him go be contender for Next Rated.
Lil Kesh cannot win that thing with all his pErverse and vulgar lyrics. That's why Nigerian music will never go beyond a specific standard, if you understand yoruba then you know that Kesh iS juSt singing wrong Things, song you can't even translate to another person.

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Hundreddegrees(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2016
sparkleRed:

Abegi wetn be nairabet ee na all dat kind gambling thing him fit dey ambassador 4 lol

11 million naira deal!!!.....na small thing be that undecided
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Ali929(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
no. Same can't be said of korede and Cynthia

D issue is we don't vote yet we want people we like to win. If lil kesh fans had voted he would ve gone home with d award instead dey were relaxed thinking he would win.. Not a supporter or fan of any, just like good music. I also felt korede or lil kesh myt win.
It happens generally in life, over confidence den u re laid back. An unexpected person later grabs d offer cos e felt he won't win & struggles to get it den our eyes become wide open.. Lol
E.g Project Fame: recently d most applauded artist ends up not winning cos of much hype from fans yet d same fan won't vote thinking cos he has much fans odas will vote, vice versa.. D artist who is less hyped fans will den intensify deir vote to make sure deir artist win.

I just hope dey settle cos beef leads nowhere...

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2016
nunogomez:

Bros but Baddo no call person name na, Don Jazzy shouldn't have called his name.

Quick question: Which would have been easier or better for Don Jazzy to say?

1) Egbon baddo if you want the car come and collect it ...... or
2) Egbon Olamide if you want the car come and collect it

Make I help you answer am. Who be baddo and who be olamide? Who took to the stage to make rants? Shey na Denrele abi na snoop dog abi na cynthia morgan?

Don jazzy spoke to the one who gave the rants so why shouldnt he mention his name specifically?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by israelmush(m): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2016
The awards don't put food on your table just keep doing what you do, ignore side talks and remarks about you and just shame them with your works....... Na karishika Pikin go dey smash mic for ground and karishika brother go dey call name for stage........kapish?
Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 02, 2016
Damikevin:
first of wen Kiss Daniel commot wen him go be contender for Next Rated.
Lil Kesh cannot win that thing with all his pErverse and vulgar lyrics. That's why Nigerian music will never go beyond a specific standard, if you understand yoruba then you know that Kesh iS juSt singing wrong Things, song you can't even translate to another person.

My point exactly

1 Like

Re: Headies Awards: DonJazzy And Olamide Clash by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 02, 2016
You actually have a good point. YBNL were just too confident. No much publicity work done to help kesh get votes
Ali929:

D issue is we don't vote yet we want people we like to win. If lil kesh fans had voted he would ve gone home with d award instead dey were relaxed thinking he would win.. Not a supporter or fan of any, just like good music. I also felt korede or lil kesh myt win.
It happens generally in life, over confidence den u re laid back. An unexpected person later grabs d offer cos e felt he won't win & struggles to get it den our eyes become wide open.. Lol
E.g Project Fame: recently d most applauded artist ends up not winning cos of much hype from fans yet d same fan won't vote thinking cos he has much fans odas will vote, vice versa.. D artist who is less hyped fans will den intensify deir vote to make sure deir artist win.

I just hope dey settle cos beef leads nowhere...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pastor Joshua Iginla Divorces His Wife Due To Infidelity On Both Sides / Iyanya's First Sex With Yvonne Nelson: Singer Recounts / JJC Skillz 43rd Birthday Party Amid Coronavirus. Funke Akindele Under Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.