Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? (17777 Views)

Should Euthanasia Be Legalised In Nigeria.........? / Should Euthanasia Be Legalized In Nigeria? / Opinion: Should Women Be Entitled To Menstrual Leave? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 04, 2016
The laws guiding medical practise and some other issues around it are not even in place yet.
We are still grappling with abortion laws, you're talking euthanasia.
If with all the crappy working environment in this country, health workers stil save millions of lives, give them kudos pls.
Euthanasia will come later, hopefully before Jesus comes
Re: Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? by mikolo80: 4:01am On Jan 05, 2016
WhatOnEarth:

Doesn't happen today doesn't mean it cannot happen tomorrow. You still haven't proved how you will know for sure that a person will die for sure
like I said some diseases are 'sure ' bankers so why put the person through inhumane pain
Re: Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? by 7footre(m): 6:40am On Jan 06, 2016
Akin1212:

What are your reasons?
Sorry I'm just seeing the mention.
Well for let's take for example, a girl is raped, and gets pregnant there is no way in the world I would advocate for such a girl to keep such pregnancy.
Then again, consider a situation, where a family member is suffering from a terminal illness, and they are running on limited resources (money) I would rather advocate using such scarce resources to cater for the immediate needs of the family than expending it on the person with terminal illness
Then again say you have some aged person prolly above 100 with no one to cater for who has been incapacitated by age, barely moves around, excretes and urinates at d same spot and is barely of help to himself. If such a person requests for mercy killing, by all means, why not?
Life is precious in all ramifications but then, sometimes we are faced with hard choices and life becomes a burden
Re: Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? by sbabimbola(f): 2:55am On Aug 17, 2016
Akin1212:
By the time I...................Do you agree with euthanasia or you disagree? I'll like to know what you think..

http://www.akinkunlesblog.com/2016/01/opinion-should-euthanasia-be-legal-or.html

I do not agree with it, lack of finance, well trained medical personnel, facilities and equipments in our hospitals make most family members to opt for such.

Lost a dear Aunt to such mundane reasoning, how?

How will a govt. hospital release someone in Coma to be taken home because there was no one to foot the bill and the chance of survival was slim.

LIFE REMAIN SACRED TO ME.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? by Akin1212(m): 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
sbabimbola:

I do not agree with it, lack of finance, well trained medical personnel, facilities and equipments in our hospitals make most family members to opt for such.

Lost a dear Aunt to such mundane reasoning, how?

How will a govt. hospital release someone in Coma to be taken home because there was no one to foot the bill and the chance of survival was slim.

LIFE REMAIN SACRED TO ME.

You mean a Govt. hospital discharged a comatose person? That's sad
Re: Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? by sbabimbola(f): 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2016
Akin1212:

You mean a Govt. hospital discharged a comatose person? That's sad

So many uncouth things happens around here.....
THANKS FOR YOUR EMPATHY. . ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meningitis Is NOT Caused By Heat - Dr Olufunmilayo / Kerosene In Lantern Explodes In Delta. Kills Girl, Burns Her Mum, House (Graphic / Late Adadevoh’s Family May Sue Ebola Filmmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.