Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now (4264 Views)

BREAKING: Biafra Demonstration In Aba Now! / Massive Protest Against Fayose Ongoing In Ekiti (photos) / Imo State First Ever Flyover Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by eksammy(m): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2016
A group of youth chanting 'NO OKEZIE NO ABIA' are currently holding the city of Aba Hostage right now and they are heading to Umuahia.

The are forcefully closing shops and businesses as they express solidarity to the embattled Governor who was sacked by appeal court on the 31st of December.

Security agencies should act quieckly and ensure this doesnt degenerate to riots

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by ernesty20(m): 10:33am On Jan 02, 2016
Wey the massive protest?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Obudupikin: 10:36am On Jan 02, 2016
Paid crowd.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by mymadam(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2016
What a waste of productive time & energy! SMH
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by mekaboy(m): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2016
See the dirty gutter they are protesting in. After many years of orji turned aba to a refuse dump.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by dustmalik: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2016
Buratai is highly needed over there.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by modath(f): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2016
Obudupikin:
Paid crowd.

You can say that again!! smiley

I can wager anything that this is the same set dancing at IPOB rallies.... They couldn't start the job yesterday cos na celebration day.. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by TJ07(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2016
Eyah...he must have been found guilty for him to have been 'sacked'
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by yhemsy62(m): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2016
Op get ur dictionary and checked d meaning of d word [/b]"MASSIVE"[b]
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by DipoDee: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2016
Good.
This is why the government perputually keep them under-educated, unemployed and hungry, for times like this.

I had say these people are Comprehensively Useless if none of the governor's children is with them on the streets for the protest.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by egift(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2016
How much were they paid? grin grin grin grin grin grin

PDP should call their supporters to order. Any breakdown of law and order is unacceptable.

God bless Nigeria!!!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by princdebola201(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2016
Ipob thugs being called up again..cheesygrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by PentiumPro(f): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2016
Igbo almajiri tongue
Una no get joy at all. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by egift(m): 10:51am On Jan 02, 2016
See the metamorphosis: TANoids -> Wailers -> Ekpas -> Igbos grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Super1Star: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2016
I even thought it will be for the continued incarceration of The Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw, the Messiah of Alaigbo.

Don't tell me you have moved on to other things so soon!!!

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Nossa(m): 10:54am On Jan 02, 2016
these paid bastards should gerrarahia mehn!! Abians already expressed themselves through the overwhelming votes we gave Otti and they tried to rob in broad daylight. Alex Otti is all we care for, they can go to blazes.

#TeamAlexOtti
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by PentiumPro(f): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2016
Super1Star:
I even thought it will be for The Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw, the Messiah of Alaigbo.

You know when these folks discover something, they eventfully over use it.
They've just discovered street protest as a tool for showing disaffection, soon you will see them doing street protests if government lock up any of their markets.
When we did the June 12 and fuel subsidy protests, it was a phenomenon that was completely strange to them.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by omenka(m): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2016
Where exactly in the course of human evolution did the black man lost his brains Why can't these people pause for a moment, look around themselves and ask the simple question: Where are Okezie's children amongst us??

These things keep repeating themselves daily with their predictable consequences. You go disturbing and disrupting public peace and order and expect the authorities to cheer you on. You, in the name of freedom of expression, suspend other people's freedoms as seen in forceful closure of shops and disruption of vehicular movement.

When you get shot and killed, your story ends only on the pages of newpapers (especially in this part of the world). Your family will NEVER get closure, compounding their misery of living in poverty (I know say no "big man" pikin go join them).

What a shame.

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:58am On Jan 02, 2016
Political thugs! There protest is exercise in futility. Police should swoop on them and arrest them for disturbance of public peace. It is only the supreme court that can decide the fate of Ikpeazu. For now, APGA man is "technically" the Governor-elect

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Super1Star: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2016
PentiumPro:

They've just discovered street protest as a tool for showing disaffection, soon you will see them doing street protests if government lock up any of their markets.
When we did the June 12 and fuel subsidy protests, it was a phenomenon that was completely strange to them.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by MXrep: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2016
Lol, they think they will get solidarity like the IPOB protest?? shoot them all, the courts have final say

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by excellencyabia1: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2016
Some people are stupid. When ochendo was destroying abia why didn't they protest
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by eksammy(m): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
Well well well....i agree the crowd is not massive but trust me there is a convoy of over 200 vehicles with them (make dem no go vandalize my car wen park for road). Im sure its people from Ngwa extraction where the Governor hails from.

My mind is at rest now cos i can see police trying to contain and guide them to be peaceful.

Im not an Okezie fan...im just cleaning up my shop for the biz year when i saw them chanting so you guys should not prosecute me for reporting as i saw it.....more picx though

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
PentiumPro:

Hmmn
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Nedu09(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
PentiumPro:

Super1Star:
I even thought it will be for the continued incarceration of The Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw, the Messiah of Alaigbo.

PentiumPro:
Igbo almajiri tongue
Una no get joy at all. grin

why are you guys so Bitter and emotional at any issue relating to this people? you end up spewing rubbish without even addressing the subject matter... perhaps, am not from Abia state, i have not been there before.. but with what i have seen so far (pictorially), i think the present Governor is working assiduously. i presume that's why they are protesting because they don't want to go back to the days of Orjis... no Governor in the History of Abia state has ever built a standard road and underground drainage and cover it up as shown on this pictures.......... to me i don't know what Alex Otti the APGA guy is up to. he might be worst than Orji, probably abandon the present Govt project.... APGA people are know for parading around with Rooster and Ojukwu's picture on their wears going about doing nothing......i don't like this new development.. Gov Ikepezu should go to Supreme court jare..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Nedu09(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
the guy is better than the two Ojirs..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Nedu09(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
it is there fundamental right to protest if they don't like the present outcome..... Aba is noting to right home about, but the guy is tidying it up..... everybody is suprise at the way work is going simultaneously on Road, drainage and infrastructure... they haven't witness this before and you want APGA man to abandon it? this is going forth and back to me.... abeg make una leave Gov Ikeazu to work.....

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by gcamara: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
Speak what u know, i live in aba and we aba boys massively vote for alex otti. But was robed by t a orji and co, besides all the roads his doing non of the is more than ten poles, and the worst of it all is that all the work he is doing non of them leads to a major road that will aid to the economical improvement of the city. Take for example porthacourt road in aba, azumini, ohanku. Ariaria okwu mango. Etc. All this road is a major road that needs urgent attention that if being done will boost aba city and it business. But rather he abandon them to be doing small small streets that cant have any impart in our life and business.. .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by egift(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Political thugs! There protest is exercise in futility. Police should swoop on them and arrest them for disturbance of public peace. It is only the supreme court that can decide the fate of Ikpeazu. For now, APGA man is "technically" the Governor-elect

This is a good new opportunity for the police to earn some cash: I No Follow = ₦5,000

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Nedu09(m): 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
gcamara:

Speak what u know, i live in aba and we aba boys massively vote for alex otti. But was robed by t a orji and co, besides all the roads his doing non of the is more than ten poles, and the worst of it all is that all the work he is doing non of them leads to a major road that will aid to the economical improvement of the city. Take for example porthacourt road in aba, azumini, ohanku. Ariaria okwu mango. Etc. All this road is a major road that needs urgent attention that if being done will boost aba city and it business. But rather he abandon them to be doing small small streets that cant have any impart in our life and business.. .

Okay, but you've known that Good Governance is a continuous process... he is just few months old on that seat and yet trying, not withstanding the Economic situation of Nija. as God may have it Alex didn't emerge and Ikepazu did and he is Good, why cant we move on? but what if APGA guy gets worst?? ... well na una sabi sha!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by Allwility: 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
Some people sit in Aba and feel because Aba voted for Mr Otti then all of Abia voted for him. Obingwa LGA, one of the LGAs the appellate court disenfranchised, is three times bigger than Aba.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Massive Protest Underway In Aba Now by lawydewy(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dr Alex Otti is he aYoruba man/Fulani man? Dr Alex is he an Osu or Ndiala? why are they protesting? Igbo no be Igbo again? what are they crying for? B4you know it they will say he is an Osu Igbo man! Igbo marginalizing an Igbo!!! Better start participating in Good Election!!! Be an agent of Good Change! Nigeria and Nigerians go better!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biggest Medical Research Hub In Africa To-be Built In Anambra State - Pictures / Confusion As Buhari Commissions Project Already Commissioned By GEJ In Lag -PICS / NBS: Nigeria Imported 5.32bn Litres Of Petrol In Q4 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.