Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. (17052 Views)

A $7.6m Dollar House That Looks Ordinary From The Outside(Photos) / Buy Affordable Land Between 300k-800k And 800k Upwards In Ikorodu Axis Lagos / A Big Shop Needed Between Lekki And Ajah Axis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
thank you all for you contributions.
i decided to get a plot in ajah.

if any agents here have properties pls post them here with full specifications and pictures.
tnk u.

HI everyone,
am going to keep it short,

the pound to naira exchange rate is going thru the roof, and i think its the best time to invest in nigeria

BUT i dont want to buy a plot and build as i have been ripped off before in the building process.

i cud also buy a cheap property in the uk, but my fear is how things go can terribly wrong in the west, the recent crash comes to mind.

can i get a gud 4flats in a gud area of lagos for about #20m dat can revenue about 1.2m a year?
which area shud i be looking at?

all suggestions appreciated.

N.B
PLS dont pm me. all discussions shud be solely done on the forum.
thank u

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by justmenoni: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
If you have the money readily I think it'd better to get a land and build it by yourself... I think it's better to build mini flats these days and with good plan you can have 8-10 miniflats on the ground floor and let's look at lease of 150k that's like150x8k and you have your 1.2m
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
justmenoni:
If you have the money readily I think it'd better to get a land and build it by yourself... I think it's better to build mini flats these days and with good plan you can have 8-10 miniflats on the ground floor and let's look at lease of 150k that's like150x8k and you have your 1.2m

building seem gud, but i have no suitable land at the moment and if i get a bad contractor like i once did, all d money will be gone

and i will be left wit a building site. scary stuff. which areas are u thinking for the mini flats??

tnks for ur contribution.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by justmenoni: 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ikotun/abaranje are good areas forreal estate investment and the lands are usually solid and rents there are not bad but the lands are skyrocketing but it's the same all over logos,you can build it then hand over to a good and competent law firm to manage while you sit back and relax quote author=bebe2 post=41595684]

building seem gud, but i have no suitable land at the moment and if i get a bad contractor like i once did, all d money will be gone

and i will be left wit a building site. scary stuff. which areas are u thinking for the mini flats??

tnks for ur contribution.[/quote]
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
justmenoni:
Ikotun/abaranje are good areas forreal estate investment and the lands are usually solid and rents there are not bad but the lands are skyrocketing but it's the same all over logos,you can build it then hand over to a good and competent law firm to manage while you sit back and relax quote author=bebe2 post=41595684]

tnks for ur contribution.

okk, tnks smiley

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by ContactMegaMan(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2016
Ibeju Lekki is a fast developing area were you can get plot of land as low as N2million. I have a reliable contact that can assist you with that and I believe it will be a very good investment area.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by diehard(m): 6:43am On Jan 03, 2016
Or yo can buy an already built house and renovate it. A lot of them are in the market for sale. Warning - always verify from independence source before paying money

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
ContactMegaMan:
Ibeju Lekki is a fast developing area were you can get plot of land as low as N2million. I have a reliable contact that can assist you with that and I believe it will be a very good investment area.

I have b3en to ibeju lekki before, it's so far from lagos, I want something on the mainland. I also dey fear the day wey ocean go come reclaim dat lekki land oo grin

5 Likes

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
diehard:
Or yo can buy an already built house and renovate it. A lot of them are in the market for sale. Warning - always verify from independence source before paying money

Dats a gud idea, but the prices am seeing for some dilapidated houses is shocking.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by jacarantha(m): 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
26m can get you a block of 4 nos of 3 bedroom flats @ Ajah area, and rent is like 550k to 650k per flat.

30m can get you a block of 4 nos of 3 bedroom flats @ Aguda/Surulere area, and rent is like 800k to 900k per flat.

Ironically I was thinking of buying in Detroit or Florida to diversify out of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
jacarantha:
26m can get you a block of 4 nos of 3 bedroom flats @ Ajah area, and rent is like 550k to 650k per flat.

30m can get you a block of 4 nos of 3 bedroom flats @ Aguda/Surulere area, and rent is like 800k to 900k per flat.

Ironically I was thinking of buying in Detroit or Florida to diversify out of nigeria.

I was playing with numbers this evening, and I really considered the uk.

Lets take the 26m figure if I divide it by 360 dat gives me £72k.

I can buy a beautiful 2 bedrooms house in the north of England for 70k and get rent of £550 -£600.

If we use the 550pm figure, I can get my money back in about 10.5yrs.

If I apply same to the Ajah property, I will get my money in 12 yrs.

And the uk own is less stressful, tenants know wat to do, they loose their job oo, their wife runs away oo, u will still get ur rent paid.

Unlike naija peeps dat will use the slightest excuse to avoid paying rent.

As for Detroit and Florida not too sure, but I hear atlanta is very gud if u looking at the US

3 Likes

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by ecel: 12:45am On Jan 04, 2016
bebe2:

I can buy a beautiful 2 bedrooms house in the north of England for 70k and get rent of £550 -£600.

And the uk own is less stressful, tenants know wat to do, they loose their job oo, their wife runs away oo, u will still get ur rent paid.

As for Detroit and Florida not too sure, but I hear atlanta is very gud if u looking at the US

Rent is good in England as your investment pay back period is shorter than in Nigeria BUT property appreciate more in some parts of Lagos than England. You have to pay Tax on your rental income in the UK unlike Nigeria that you may not declare anything to the govt. I can help anyone considering a mortgage in UK or an outright purchase.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by jaybee3(m): 6:30am On Jan 04, 2016
bebe2:

You haven't factored the following into your projection:
1) Repair costs due to constant/consistent wear and tear
2) Tax changes coming into force this year. Income from your investment properties will be taxed at higher rate if you are already in that pay band
3) Rent is not guaranteed if you ever get DSS tenants
4) Property might be left empty for a considerable amount of time

Having considered the above, i still think UK property investment is a low risk investment option and should only be considered if you have a low risk appetite. I don't expect real estate assets in the north of england to appreciate as much as south east/west England.

Another thing you can consider is leveraging the properties instead of buying cash as this will allow you gain more financially whilst saving on your tax liabilities going forward.

I was in the same dilemma and i've chosen the naija option via JV.

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2016
jaybee3:

You haven't factored the following into your projection:
1) Repair costs due to constant/consistent wear and tear
2) Tax changes coming into force this year. Income from your investment properties will be taxed at higher rate if you are already in that pay band
3) Rent is not guaranteed if you ever get DSS tenants
4) Property might be left empty for a considerable amount of time

Having considered the above, i still think UK property investment is a low risk investment option and should only be considered if you have a low risk appetite. I don't expect real estate assets in the north of england to appreciate as much as south east/west England.

Another thing you can consider is leveraging the properties instead of buying cash as this will allow you gain more financially whilst saving on your tax liabilities going forward.

I was in the same dilemma and i've chosen the naija option via JV.

Hmmm. This issue needs careful consideration on my part.

And the tax on rental property does dat apply to everyone? Will need to go do some research.

Pls who is JV?
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by Toronto123: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2016
bebe2:
HI everyone,
am going to keep it short,
the pound to naira exchange rate is going thru the roof, and i think its the best time to invest in nigeria
BUT i dont want to buy a plot and build as i have been ripped off before in the building process.
i cud also buy a cheap property in the uk, but my fear is how things go can terribly wrong in the west, the recent crash comes to mind.
can i get a gud 4flats in a gud area of lagos for about #20m dat can revenue about 1.2m a year?
which area shud i be looking at?
all suggestions appreciated.
N.B
PLS dont pm me. all discussions shud be solely done on the forum.
thank u

Joint venture
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by jaybee3(m): 10:45am On Jan 04, 2016
bebe2:

Hmmm. This issue needs careful consideration on my part.

And the tax on rental property does dat apply to everyone? Will need to go do some research.

Pls who is JV?

All income are liable to tax
It get's worse if you are already an higher rate tax payer meaning any income above a certain threshold will be subjected to 45% or there about tax

JV => Joint Venture (You partner someone that already owns a land to develop a property and sell-on on completion)

Yes you need to read more on property investment in the Uk before taking the plunge. The government is trying to regulate the housing industry by ensuring buy to let's aren't seen as a money making machine in order to:
1) safeguard the real estate from impending catastrophic crash
2) free up houses for genuine tenants

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
jaybee3:

All income are liable to tax
It get's worse if you are already an higher rate tax payer meaning any income above a certain threshold will be subjected to 45% or there about tax

JV => Joint Venture (You partner someone that already owns a land to develop a property and sell-on on completion)

Yes you need to read more on property investment in the Uk before taking the plunge. The government is trying to regulate the housing industry by ensuring buy to let's aren't seen as a money making machine in order to:
1) safeguard the real estate from impending catastrophic crash
2) free up houses for genuine tenants

UK n regulations sha,

Goin to look up the JV thing.
But partnering with a nigerian, a stranger for that matter, if they know u live abroad won't they try to take advantage?
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by jaybee3(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
bebe2:

UK n regulations sha,

Goin to look up the JV thing.
But partnering with a nigerian, a stranger for that matter, if they know u live abroad won't they try to take advantage?

Yes there is always the Nigerian factor when going into partnership but remember they will also have equal stake in the project hence it being beneficial for them to allow it to be successful

Either way, all agreements has to be done via the legit legal route so as to provide the much needed assurance.

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by phoenix480(m): 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
If you want to buy-hold and sell property after several years, I would advise Nigeria. In the right areas in Lagos, you can get an incredible ROI after several years compared to the UK.

If you are looking at rental properties, please invest in UK or any western country (but not Nigeria). While most of my property investments are in Nigeria, it doesn't include rental properties. The reasons range from the stress involved dealing with tenants (it can lead to high blood pressure) to poor ROI per annum. On the stress part, my parents do not want any tenants for their two flats due to the negative experiences, they prefer it empty but with peace of mind.
On the other side, I believe you should earn at least 5-8% ROI per annum on your investment rental property. It can be difficult to achieve this in Nigeria when you look at the total cost of the House (cost of land and structure). However, if you are still serious on this, you can get some dilapidated properties for N20m and renovate or as someone suggested, perhaps the Ibeju Lekki axis (due to good property appreciation).

I currently don't have any four flats for that budget, see the ones around N20m here - http://www.naijavillas.com/homes-below-n50-million/. I could ask around for you are still keen.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
phoenix480:
If you want to buy-hold and sell property after several years, I would advise Nigeria. In the right areas in Lagos, you can get an incredible ROI after several years compared to the UK.

If you are looking at rental properties, please invest in UK or any western country (but not Nigeria). While most of my property investments are in Nigeria, it doesn't include rental properties. The reasons range from the stress involved dealing with tenants (it can lead to high blood pressure) to poor ROI per annum. On the stress part, my parents do not want any tenants for their two flats due to the negative experiences, they prefer it empty but with peace of mind.
On the other side, I believe you should earn at least 5-8% ROI per annum on your investment rental property. It can be difficult to achieve this in Nigeria when you look at the total cost of the House (cost of land and structure). However, if you are still serious on this, you can get some dilapidated properties for N20m and renovate or as someone suggested, perhaps the Ibeju Lekki axis (due to good property appreciation).

I currently don't have any four flats for that budget, see the ones around N20m here - http://www.naijavillas.com/homes-below-n50-million/. I could ask around for you are still keen.

That the issue am having with naija investments. Tenants can make ones life miserable. Gabbytabby comes to mind.

But I hate the way the govt invades pples privacy in the uk. They just dig and dig until u are totally exposed.

Tnks for the link. Those prices tho shocked

How much wud plots in Ajah be?

And am hearing alot about ikorodu . Wat do u think?
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by krystal101(f): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
My sister, please don't venture into joint venture. I'm into properties but strictly on the island but we can work around your budget. Please pm me so I can send you what I have.
Cheers
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by phoenix480(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
There is very little that can be hidden from the UK Govt once they put their beacon light on you embarassed

Prices in the Lekki/Ajah/Ibeju Lekki axis have been creeping up over the years with some many areas now unaffordable to the common man. An Estimate of Land in Ajah ranges from N6m to N13m. The Ibeju Lekki area offers more affordable opportunities.

With regards to Ikorodu, I will advise you not to bother unless you have sentimental reasons. I started my real estate investment in Ikorodu a few years ago but I plan to divest some of them this year. Infact the ones I plan to dispose of has given me 300% in less than 4 years but the infrastructural development in the area is not impressive. For now, The Government is allocating more amounts in the Lekki axis due to proposed projects like Lekki-Epe International Airport, Lekki Seaport, Lekki Free Trade Zone, Dangote Refinery, Lekki Beach Golf Resort and several other mammoth projects - Area is even billed The New Lagos.

I believe the choice between Ikorodu and Ibeju Lekki is clear in terms of future developments and infrastructure.

bebe2:

That the issue am having with naija investments. Tenants can make ones life miserable. Gabbytabby comes to mind.

But I hate the way the govt invades pples privacy in the uk. They just dig and dig until u are totally exposed.

Tnks for the link. Those prices tho shocked

How much wud plots in Ajah be?

And am hearing alot about ikorodu . Wat do u think?
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by 4nobody4every1: 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Following, l also have similar plans like the Op although, l have some properties already in Nigeria but want to diversify into so many areas, @Op have you considered the Mile 2 Badagry route?.....with the proposed Ecowas international route, rail and the massive infrastructures that will follow on that axis, l think that axis will make sense too
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by jaybee3(m): 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
krystal101:
My sister, please don't venture into joint venture. I'm into properties but strictly on the island but we can work around your budget. Please pm me so I can send you what I have.
Cheers

What are the cons of JV?

We are all here to learn

Are you able to post the properties you have on your books on this thread.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by phoenix480(m): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
Personally I am not keen on the Lagos-Badagry area as none of the infrastructure is even close to completion. The 10 lane expansion shpuld have been completed in 2014 but hasn't yet hit 25% completion. The rail from Mile2 to Marina is also not close to been finished - all due to lack of funding. We hope Gov Ambode can resurrect the projects in the axis.

From an investment perspective, Short to Medium term - No, Long term - Yes.

4nobody4every1:
Following, l also have similar plans like the Op although, l have some properties already in Nigeria but want to diversify into so many areas, @Op have you considered the Mile 2 Badagry route?.....with the proposed Ecowas international route, rail and the massive infrastructures that will follow on that axis, l think that axis will make sense too
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by gabbytabby: 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
If you are buying land then it's better to look at ajah axis up to or before lakwe. So many low cost areas in the mainland, land cost is similar to that in the Ajah area while rent is double. Save for foundation, the build cost is similar.

It is better to build 6 two beds than 4 three beds. Rentals can have its problem especially if you have the wrong agent but you keep looking until you find the right one and get involved in the letting process. Avoid a tenant sympathiser let them get the tenant to pay them. Try to set it up properly from day one. Modify your processes until you get your good fit. I was recommended a real estate management co Diya fatimilehin if all else fails I will approach them cos they don't mess about you will be put out if you do not pay your rent.

Always think about diversifying. Some in UK or North America and some in 9ja. Even in 9ja have in the lsland and mainland that way you hedge your funds/risk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
phoenix480:
Personally I am not keen on the Lagos-Badagry area as none of the infrastructure is even close to completion. The 10 lane expansion shpuld have been completed in 2014 but hasn't yet hit 25% completion. The rail from Mile2 to Marina is also not close to been finished - all due to lack of funding. We hope Gov Ambode can resurrect the projects in the axis.

From an investment perspective, Short to Medium term - No, Long term - Yes.

i actually have a property in that axis, in agbara, opic area 5, but the rent there is discouraging, 150k for a 2bed bungalow.

and the traffic there is a killer. like u said long term, it wud be worth it.

seriously looking at the ajah axis, it may even be suitable for me and the family wen we come visiting.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
bebe2:

okk, tnks smiley
Try PH.good revenue less wahala
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
gabbytabby:
If you are buying land then it's better to look at ajah axis up to or before lakwe. So many low cost areas in the mainland, land cost is similar to that in the Ajah area while rent is double. Save for foundation, the build cost is similar.

It is better to build 6 two beds than 4 three beds. Rentals can have its problem especially if you have the wrong agent but you keep looking until you find the right one and get involved in the letting process. Avoid a tenant sympathiser let them get the tenant to pay them. Try to set it up properly from day one. Modify your processes until you get your good fit. I was recommended a real estate management co Diya fatimilehin if all else fails I will approach them cos they don't mess about you will be put out if you do not pay your rent.

Always think about diversifying. Some in UK or North America and some in 9ja. Even in 9ja have in the lsland and mainland that way you hedge your funds/risk.

ur first paragragh confused me a little bit, are u saying land in ajah and parts of the mainland are similar in prices but rents in mainland is double??

i like the diversifying idea, the uk will come last in my preference.

i really like atlanta, in time GOD willing smiley

if u knw a gud agent, pls drop their link. tnks
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 12:00am On Jan 05, 2016
bebe2:

i actually have a property in that axis, in agbara, opic area 5, but the rent there is discouraging, 150k for a 2bed bungalow.

and the traffic there is a killer. like u said long term, it wud be worth it.

seriously looking at the ajah axis, it may even be suitable for me and the family wen we come visiting.
U can get 400k 2 bedroom if do e standard minimum 350.k in PH land bought at rate of 5M that range
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2016
erico2k2:

Try PH.good revenue less wahala

i really like ph for a change, but i have only been there once in my life , spent 3days grin

i only have one cousin in law there, they are too rich to be bothered with my kind off budget grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Victims Of Police Demolition Spend Christmas Under Trees / PICTURE: The Cost Of Setting Up A free range snail farming system in Nigeria. / Cheap Housing / Land For Sell In Lagos ( Mainland)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.