Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. (17122 Views)

A $7.6m Dollar House That Looks Ordinary From The Outside(Photos) / Buy Affordable Land Between 300k-800k And 800k Upwards In Ikorodu Axis Lagos / A Big Shop Needed Between Lekki And Ajah Axis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 12:07am On Jan 05, 2016
ecel:

Rent is good in England as your investment pay back period is shorter than in Nigeria BUT property appreciate more in some parts of Lagos than England. You have to pay Tax on your rental income in the UK unlike Nigeria that you may not declare anything to the govt. I can help anyone considering a mortgage in UK or an outright purchase.
Buy to rent now carries it's own risk I the UK. Ja e yoy seen those shiny flats in the docklands ?all empty and sealed up.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:09am On Jan 05, 2016
erico2k2:

Try PH.good revenue less wahala

i dont knw anyone there oo,

been there once in my life for 3days.

have a cousin-in-law there, but they too rich for that my budget grin
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 12:10am On Jan 05, 2016
bebe2:

i really like ph for a change, but i have only been there once in my life , spent 3days grin

i only have one cousin in law there, they are too rich to be bothered with my kind off budget grin grin
PH is well cool trust me.I live and.work in the UK. I'm gradually relocating and I have chosen PH to settle.I have already started building if you go fru my post on my profile u will see the diary of it.off the east west rd U can get 380 for a 2 bed less BP unlike Lagos lol grin
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 12:12am On Jan 05, 2016
As for you know no one hmmm that's a tuffy
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:12am On Jan 05, 2016
erico2k2:

Buy to rent now carries it's own risk I the UK. Ja e yoy seen those shiny flats in the docklands ?all empty and sealed up.

those are not family homes na, only single pple wud want to live in glass houses,

my boys dey chisel brick walls, hate to think wat they will to those glass.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2016
bebe2:

those are not family homes na, only single pple wud want to live in glass houses,

my boys dey chisel brick walls, hate to think wat they will to those glass.
Well true that.it's for starters. I only mentioned that as relivant to buy to let.people who are renting have next to no choice
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:16am On Jan 05, 2016
erico2k2:

PH is well cool trust me.I live and.work in the UK. I'm gradually relocating and I have chosen PH to settle.I have already started building if you go fru my post on my profile u will see the diary of it.off the east west rd U can get 380 for a 2 bed less BP unlike Lagos lol grin

how much do they sell lands in thode kind of areas??
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 12:35am On Jan 05, 2016
bebe2:

how much do they sell lands in thode kind of areas??
3 -5M
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:44am On Jan 05, 2016
erico2k2:

3 -5M

sounds tempting oo,

do u have any links for agents?
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:48am On Jan 05, 2016
erico2k2:

3 -5M

pls how is omonile in PH?

i mean area boys .
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by gabbytabby: 5:28am On Jan 05, 2016
bebe2:

ur first paragragh confused me a little bit, are u saying land in ajah and parts of the mainland are similar in prices but rents in mainland is double??

i like the diversifying idea, the uk will come last in my preference.

i really like atlanta, in time GOD willing smiley

if u knw a gud agent, pls drop their link. tnks

For say 3-7m land costs, rents in ajah is double relative to that in the mainland.

JV are a good option if you find good partners.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2016
bebe2:

pls how is omonile in PH?

i mean area boys .
Same wahala like lagos boys but cheaper.I spent roughly 340-400k in all including approval
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2016
bebe2:

sounds tempting oo,

As for agents I dnt have most lands here are sold directly by families so U can speak to all of them at one go and negotiate. Most lands being sold nowadays where once farms.I was lucky as my wife lives in PH so it was a but easier for me.But yoy can use your inlaw as a contact but U gt to be on ground for these things to work Lagos or PH even in sambasi forest grin grin.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2016
bebe2:

sounds tempting oo,

AVOID ANYTHING AGENTS!!!

I have resisted the temptations of jumping in until now,
Leave PH out of whatever you are planning. You want to put in your money only to get survey plan? Do Abuja or Lagos.

And before you pay for any land, avoid family land or community land.

Make sure you ONLY pay for a land with valid papers. i.e Governor's consent or Certificate of occupancy(which you hardly get in PH)

Verify the validity of the papers using a qualified lawyer by requesting for either consent number or C of O identification.

Verify also the validity of the land from the community head.

Make sure the sellers has an upto date tax clearance, else his annual tax bill will fall back to you when you initiate the process of changing the ownership.

Do it yourself. Avoid sending money to ANYBODY, take time out, come to naija and visit the land yourself.

NOW,

If you are interested in going into JVO, which I think is your best bet, considering your financial strength then,

Make sure all the aforementioned documents are also validated. All discussion must be done in presence of your lawyer.

All agreements must be documented, duly signed and registered in court.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2016
Wikidraw:

AVOID ANYTHING AGENTS!!!

I have resisted the temptations of jumping in until now,
Leave PH out of whatever you are planning. You want to put in your money only to get survey plan? Do Abuja or Lagos.

And before you pay for any land, avoid family land or community land.

Make sure you ONLY pay for a land with valid papers. i.e Governor's consent or Certificate of occupancy(which you hardly get in PH)

Verify the validity of the papers using a qualified lawyer by requesting for either consent number or C of O identification.

Verify also the validity of the land from the community head.

Make sure the sellers has an upto date tax clearance, else his annual tax bill will fall back to you when you initiate the process of changing the ownership.

Do it yourself. Avoid sending money to ANYBODY, take time out, come to naija and visit the land yourself.

NOW,

If you are interested in going into JVO, which I think is your best bet, considering your financial strength then,

Make sure all the aforementioned documents are also validated. All discussion must be done in presence of your lawyer.

All agreements must be documented, duly signed and registered in court.

Why the strong words on PH?did you have a rough deal there?

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 05, 2016
erico2k2:

Why the strong words on PH?did you have a rough deal there?

We are talking about someone investing huge amount of hard earned money here. When was the last time any governor gave consent or signed C of O in PH?

This is the cycle most people went through or are still going through in PH.

You buy a community land or from community chief.

You make full payments.

You pay for bush entry/ matching ground.

You pay youths or CLO.

You pay a Surveyor to survey the land for you.

You pay the LGA for approval.

Only for thesame people that sold the land to you( most especially if you are not from that community) to start telling how the land sold to you was actually a space meant for building of community town hall blah blah.

The same people will make sure you buyback your property again by making another full payments.

If you are lucky to know some military officers in Bori Camp you run to them and the saga continues.

I'm not saying there isn't genuine land in PH, but avoid anything that is community land. One can actually get land with C of O in places like Trans Amadi, old GRA, Romoukrushi, etc but you know they are way above what most people can afford.

Without C of O or governor's consent, you can't access Bank loans with survey plan or have them finance your project.

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by erico2k2(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2016
Wikidraw:

We are talking about someone investing huge amount of hard earned money here. When was the last time any governor gave consent or signed C of O in PH?

This is the cycle most people went through or are still going through in PH.

You buy a community land or from community chief.

You make full payments.

You pay for bush entry/ matching ground.

You pay youths or CLO.

You pay a Surveyor to survey the land for you.

You pay the LGA for approval.

Only for thesame people that sold the land to you( most especially if you are not from that community) to start telling how the land sold to you was actually a space meant for building of community town hall blah blah.

The same people will make sure you buyback your property again by making another full payments.

If you are lucky to know some military officers in Bori Camp you run to them and the saga continues.

I'm not saying there isn't genuine land in PH, but avoid anything that is community land. One can actually get land with C of O in places like Trans Amadi, old GRA, Romoukrushi, etc but you know they are way above what most people can afford.

Without C of O or governor's consent, you can't access Bank loans with survey plan or have them finance your project.

All what you said could be said for all places of choice building in Nigeria. I live abroad I have invested huge amount in PH as we speak I'm on holiday in PH and I'm on site.yes yoy pay this and that tell me where dont you pay?.I did all my paperwork via a lawyer from my town mind you Im not from Rivers I'm a Deltan.The C of O can be acquired but takes time and I'm on it as we speak.My plot Was a farmland.I did the survey and mounting of pillers.I also compelled the members of the family to sign and counter sign.I did the deed of conveyance 4 copies. I paid all levies and ha e all receipt laminated nd copied. I leave duplicate on site wen I shot off for some other biz.when they co.e to check you just show your receipt nd they let you be.So if you build in any part of Nigeria you don't want to pay the levies what do you expect?one has to follow due process. I actually fell for that trap you gave as example in my own state Delta.I was building an hostel for students not knowing land belong to the school that was my fault. I DID NOT FOLLOW DUE PROCESS. I have learnt my lessons nd invest in proper Investigation b4 I part away with my hard earned ££.so my brother it's same everywhere worse even in Lagos but the button line.o e must invest in proper Investivation of proposed land. A simple trip to land nd registry will save one a whole load of palaver.

Regards your last paragraph not everybody will want loans in Nigeria.in.my conext I could remortgage my house abroad and get up to £150k.some people might get more.I for one I will never ever take a loan in a Nigerian Bank.

1 Like

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by aariwa(m): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
I am a legal practitioner.My candid advice. Buy a plot of land at okpanam area of Asaba Delta state for 3m.I can help you with genuine ones which you are still going to verify with ministry of lands Delta state. Engage the services of a competent building contractor like spyder88 of this property section forum.He has been doing excellent building constructions for members of this forum with and without supervision. Thirdly,for a maximum of 15m the contractor should be able to construct a two storey of six flats building with six self contained rooms BQ.The rental value of a three bedroom flat there is between 300-400 while self contains go for 150.If you add it up,the yearly rental value of that property after completion will be between 2.700m to 3.300m.On management. The first step which I hardly compromise is screening of all incoming tenants. As a lawyer we are used to earning our wages through carrying other people's wahala.Just donate a power of attorney to us to manage the property and go and relax
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
aariwa:
I am a legal practitioner.My candid advice. Buy a plot of land at okpanam area of Asaba Delta state for 3m.I can help you with genuine ones which you are still going to verify with ministry of lands Delta state. Engage the services of a competent building contractor like spyder88 of this property section forum.He has been doing excellent building constructions for members of this forum with and without supervision. Thirdly,for a maximum of 15m the contractor should be able to construct a two storey of six flats building with six self contained rooms BQ.The rental value of a three bedroom flat there is between 300-400 while self contains go for 150.If you add it up,the yearly rental value of that property after completion will be between 2.700m to 3.300m.On management. The first step which I hardly compromise is screening of all incoming tenants. As a lawyer we are used to earning our wages through carrying other people's wahala.Just donate a power of attorney to us to manage the property and go and relax

Tnks for ur time. Am only interested in lagos for.mow.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by phoenix480(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
@bebe2

Based on your modified title, I have some properties within Ibeju Lekki (after Ajah) that suits your budget)

There are 6 plots of Land in Shapati, after Awoyaya. It is not far from the Pan Atlantic University.

It is going for N3.5million per plot. Call 08125978047 for more details and check out http://www.naijavillas.com/lands-below-n5million/ for more properties.

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by phoenix480(m): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
There are 2 plots of Land in Eluju, after Awoyaya - Just behind Shepherd Court's Estate in Ibeju Lekki.

It is going for N3.5million per plot. Call 08125978047 for more details and check out http://www.naijavillas.com/lands_below_15_million_naira/ more properties

Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
phoenix480:
@bebe2

Based on your modified title, I have some properties within Ibeju Lekki (after Ajah) that suits your budget)

There are 6 plots of Land in Shapati, after Awoyaya. It is not far from the Pan Atlantic University.

It is going for N3.5million per plot. Call 08125978047 for more details and check out http://www.naijavillas.com/lands-below-n5million/ for more properties.

Ibeju is abit too far for my liking. Have only been there once, had to turn back half way.

Want to be as close to lekki as possible hence am saying Ajah.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by Mileencoast(m): 12:03am On Jan 10, 2016
nmmmmmmm....following
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by Toronto123: 4:02am On Jan 10, 2016
aariwa:
Asaba? You kidding right? Delta state is a dead place, raped and destroyed by wicked politicians
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by aariwa(m): 7:42am On Jan 11, 2016
Toronto123:

Asaba? You kidding right? Delta state is a dead place, raped and destroyed by wicked politicians
when were you in asaba last?
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by casmirjohn: 8:48am On Jan 11, 2016
With 6m,you can get a plot of land in Ajah in a good estate that 2bed flat goes for 800k per year,with 12m you will build a good well ensuite 4unit of 2bedroom flat that will generate #3.2m for you year.
Call me;08159777608.
Ajah is well I operate
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by casmirjohn: 9:07am On Jan 11, 2016
With 6m,you can get a plot of land in Ajah in a good estate that 2bed flat goes for 800k per year,with 12m you will build a good well ensuite 4unit of 2bedroom flat that will generate #3.2m for you year.
Call me;08159777608.
Ajah is where I operate
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:47am On Jan 13, 2016
casmirjohn:
Call me;08159777608.
Ajah is where I operate

tnks, have u got any plots for sale?

pls post here.
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
With all the plenty agents advertising lands so no one is ready to do their homework.

Na wa oo,

The minute u try to ask plenty question dem go just abandon ur post undecided
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by grandstar(m): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
bebe2:
thank you all for you contributions.
i decided to get a plot in ajah.

if any agents here have properties pls post them here with full specifications and pictures.
tnk u.

HI everyone,
am going to keep it short,

the pound to naira exchange rate is going thru the roof, and i think its the best time to invest in nigeria

BUT i dont want to buy a plot and build as i have been ripped off before in the building process.

i cud also buy a cheap property in the uk, but my fear is how things go can terribly wrong in the west, the recent crash comes to mind.

can i get a gud 4flats in a gud area of lagos for about #20m dat can revenue about 1.2m a year?
which area shud i be looking at?

all suggestions appreciated.

N.B
PLS dont pm me. all discussions shud be solely done on the forum.
thank u

There is a block of 4flats of 3br each at Ikorodu town:1. 088m. Can command 800k. Can close for 16m. Has C of O8033472004
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by bebe2(f): 12:42am On Jan 15, 2016
grandstar:

There is a block of 4flats of 3br each at Ikorodu town:1. 088m. Can command 800k. Can close for 16m. Has C of O8033472004

can i have some picture? whats the number u wrote there?

800k for the 4flat per year?

wat year was the house built?

how close is it to the main road?
Re: Still searc: #6M budget, i need a land between lekki and Ajah. Post pics pls. by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2016
I have 7 flat for sale 6mini flat and one 3bedrooms new building 99% completed.

Property at ikotun area of Lagos.

Asking price:32million.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Flourish Gardens Estate, opp. Abijo GRA, Lekki Gov's Consent (N2.5Million/Plot) / Land Use Charge In Lagos State. What It Is And What Its Not Part 1 (march 2018) / NEW BUSINESS PLAN, AMAZING FUTURE MONEY PROMO & INVESTMENT #TRUST ME NO REGRET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.