Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight (38475 Views)

Breaking: FG Removes Subsidy, Fuel To Sell For 145 Per Ltr / Photos: WHO Officially Removes Nigeria From The List Of Polio Endemic Countries / Spotlight On Wike’s Endless Search For Prayers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by emzila(m): 8:59am On Jan 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
Same subsidy that people occupied Lagos when GEJ's govt tried to remove

Meanwhile PMS still goes for N140 in Port Harcourt and nobody cares
if your people in port Harcourt have decided to sell at arbitrary price to you, that is your business but here in lag, I bought 87 yesterday. I only gave the guy 100 because I went with 50litre jerrican. I also gave him the money not under compulsion because he had already sold to me before asking that I gave gave him something for buying with jerrican. Igbos defrauding each other since 1800
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by sagirsg: 9:00am On Jan 03, 2016
[quote author=MrOmoyemi post=41601942]Gud, oya remove corruption too frm our system nd our joy will comple bro is a matter of time soon every will be alright by godwin

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Eruditor: 9:01am On Jan 03, 2016
anonimi:

Firstly, to be taken serious, please show where the federal government under Jonathan was proposing N149 for a product that was to be DEREGULATED completely as agreed with 36 governors.

Secondly, abeg how much was crude oil in January 2012?
How much is it now
Thanks.

LOL. You think you have seen someone you want to bamboozle with lies.

Firstly, the subsidy GEJs govt claimed they were paying was to the tune of 75N per litre when the product was being sold at 65N which meant that the real price should have been 140N.

When they proposed a subsidy removal it meant that the price at the pumps in Nigerian Filling stations would have been 140N minimum and this was effected first week of January 2012.

The difference between what GEJ proposed and what is happening now is that PMB didn't remove the subsidy. He used a template to decide what the price of PMS should be, considering the cost of crude and the result showed it would be in the region of equal to or less than what we currently pay so they have announced it as the new price pending if crude prices rise again.

2 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by anonimi: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2016
lordtriplee:
Problem is

Nigerians are not informed.

Crude prices goes up, fuel prices will go up.

Crude prices drop, fuel prices drop.

I am buying a barrel for 30usd vs 130 usd last year.

One will be cheaper. With the dwindling oil prices globally, the fuel price could be a lot cheaper.

Abeg chop knuckle bro.

Crude price has dropped by more than 2/3 hence fuel price should also be reduced by 2/3 to N29 instead the SCAMMERS have only removed 50kobo and our people are praising them.
Abeg has anyone heard from Alhaji Babatunde Raji Fashola lately

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3115090_seunoloketuyi1223747310596353674000681876567738n_jpegf23910bd963a3dbb9d74ad4621bdda8b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3117129_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by adanny01(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:

Thats a myopic view. Susidy removal of GEJ is far different to this one by PMB. While GEJ's removal sent petrol to N145 official PMP's sent it down to N86.50.

Even in my village, i bought fuel 2days ago at N87.

2 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by anonimi: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2016
Eruditor:
The difference between what GEJ proposed and what is happening now is that PMB didn't remove the subsidy. shocked shocked He used a template to decide what the price of PMS should be, considering the cost of crude and the result showed it would be in the region of equal to or less than what we currently pay so they have announced it as the new price pending if crude prices rise again.

I guess one must also be confused to follow the daft, dumb & dull Confused One from Daura, innit
Read the OP and the title again.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Zeedarh(f): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2016
driand:
actually it was 4 years ago tongue
Thanks. I'll modify
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by driand(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2016
anonimi:

Firstly, to be taken serious, please show where the federal government under Jonathan was proposing N149 for a product that was to be DEREGULATED completely as agreed with 36 governors.

Secondly, abeg how much was crude oil in January 2012?
How much is it now
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855404_fbimg1442168436118_jpeg3abf4555427b1803302e6b4f3ffbbb15
SO MUCH PAIN IN YOUR HEART
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by tsdarkside(m): 9:10am On Jan 03, 2016
tempest01:
Let's hope there's no untold hardship in the coming days.

BUILD REFINERY IN AKWAIBOM NOW!

a refinery is not something you can build overnight...you people already understand how to refine oil localy,why dont you organize yourselfs and start a small scall refinery??...
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Eruditor: 9:10am On Jan 03, 2016
Kenobus:
There is so much ignorance out there! Subsidy hasn't been removed. Nigerians are now paying the Govt subsidy. Subsidy is now in negative. This is absurd! If subsidy is removed fully, the product would be selling around N90 per litre because the Govt would no longer determines the profit level of the marketers. That is deregulation. Buhari doesn't know what he is doing.

The people you are talking about are so much smarter than you, you should drop whatever degrees you have or better still give it to them.

If govt was to completely deregulate the market, the product will sell for more than 100N and there is nothing you or the govt will be able to do about it.

What this govt aims to do, is to skillfully regulate the market on the premise that they know crude prices will not improve any time soon.

With that in mind, the only drawback will be if the crude oil price skyrockets because it will mean the govt has to resume the cost difference between how much the marketers get the product and how much it will be fiscally feasible to sell it in Nigeria AKA Subsidy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by henryhemon(m): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2016
Blizzy9ja:

Why do we care? Is there no government there? When our people will always be wicked but they will quickly call PMB as the cause,in Abuja stations beg you to come and fuel your tanks.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Lordave: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2016
emzila:

if your people in port Harcourt have decided to sell at arbitrary price to you, that is your business but here in lag, I bought 87 yesterday. I only gave the guy 100 because I went with 50litre jerrican. I also gave him the money not under compulsion because he had already sold to me before asking that I gave gave him something for buying with jerrican. Igbos defrauding each other since 1800
How did you know he is Igbo and how did you know the pump attendant is also Igbo?

Thought you guys said there are no Igbos in Port Harcourt? E don reach wayo now Port Harcourt automatically becomes synonymous with Igbos.

Check your head!

3 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Eruditor: 9:13am On Jan 03, 2016
anonimi:

I guess one must also be confused to follow the daft, dumb & dull Confused One from Daura, innit
Read the OP and the title again.
Thanks.

That's why you'd forever be on the confused side of life. You read the caption and started making posts. Show me one part of the OP that said subsidy was removed.

I'll wait.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Emempaul(m): 9:15am On Jan 03, 2016
Did is wat I always wanted STOP NAGGING ANF START WORKING for dis wan you try sha at least now no more subsidy or no subsidy
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by anonimi: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2016
driand:
SO MUCH PAIN IN YOUR HEART

You are very correct.
I am pained by your foolishness that is on public display. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by ocelot2006(m): 9:24am On Jan 03, 2016
arsenal33:

Same GEJ that promised to make refineries work within 2 years after removing half of the subsidy

At least the supluses were channelednto infrastructural development and health care via Sure-P.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by adanny01(m): 9:27am On Jan 03, 2016
anonimi:

Abeg chop knuckle bro.

Crude price has dropped by more than 2/3 hence fuel price should also be reduced by 2/3 to N29 instead the SCAMMERS have only removed 50kobo and our people are praising them.
Abeg has anyone heard from Alhaji Babatunde Raji Fashola lately

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3115090_seunoloketuyi1223747310596353674000681876567738n_jpegf23910bd963a3dbb9d74ad4621bdda8b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3117129_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Thats because subsidy has been removed. Imagine if they pay N45 subsidy now, pump price will be N41.50k.

Dont forget, we buy the fuel from other countries. We pay shipping and other charges before it gets to our shores. Also, we transport with trucks instead of pipelines which is cheaper. Lets not forget that filling stations produce their own electricity for pumps at a price which must all be included in the final pump price.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by 49cents(m): 9:29am On Jan 03, 2016
Kenobus:
There is so much ignorance out there! Subsidy hasn't been removed. Nigerians are now paying the Govt subsidy. Subsidy is now in negative. This is absurd! If subsidy is removed fully, the product would be selling around N90 per litre because the Govt would no longer determines the profit level of the marketers. That is deregulation. Buhari doesn't know what he is doing.

Very intelligent post but some sentimental APC zombies would look the other

Subsidy removal without deregulation is rubbish,

APC are trying hard not to loose popularity with the people who bought their lies that's why they keep on window dressing reality.

Until they openly own up to Nigerians about reality they may eventually go down.

The reality is that Forex inflow is dam so low and the Buhari hasn't shown enough urgency on policies that will help to increase Forex inflow

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by anonimi: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2016
Eruditor:
That's why you'd forever be on the confused side of life. You read the caption and started making posts. Show me one part of the OP that said subsidy was removed.

I'll wait.

You may wish to be educated by the bro below =>

adanny01:
Thats because subsidy has been removed. Imagine if they pay N45 subsidy now, pump price will be N41.50k.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by hollywater: 9:32am On Jan 03, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I luv d rule of d Jagaban because it just removed d subsidy! I don't care whoever rules! Whether its Jagaban or Elrufai or Buhari or Osibanjo, so long as it brings gud tins(Subsidy removal). We jus couldn't trust GEJ wit full subsidy removal! There wud ve been too much money for and his ilks to steal. The failure of the sure P programme is there for u to see!
Good but let put it to you that you must have been against it for other reasons and not because of the trust you glamour of yet . One thing is sure,if we continue this way, we will end up dulling in hardship in the years to come.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by henryutd(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2016
Fake story. In as much as I still pay #130-#150 for a litre of petrol, all your grammar is rubbish.
I don't want to hear this again.

2 Likes

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by amusadele: 9:46am On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

Keep living in the past. GEJ that couldn't manage surplus cannot be trusted with subsidy removal. Where are the palleatives promised on the partial removal called SUREP?

@ the topic, I hope this is correct. It is good news especially now that crude price has tumbled. Just as the president said in the media chat, no one will be subsidizing anyone with the current global crude price. And by the time our refineries start to work optimally, subsidy will not even be in the equation even if crude price goes up later.
Why would you not support the highest killler? If the worst comes, I trust you the Fulanis, Buhari can continue his killings, afterall he has, since assumption of office about six months ago scored that record of the highest killer of innocent citizens.. But remember, one day it will stop. Your Buhari killed over 300 innocent Shiit Nigerians in less than seven months on assumption of office.

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by slap1(m): 9:50am On Jan 03, 2016
Jeffboi:
Ok. Thank God I didn't travel
You for trek come back. grin
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:54am On Jan 03, 2016
hollywater:
Good but let put it to you that you must have been against it for other reasons and not because of the trust you glamour of yet . One thing is sure,if we continue this way, we will end up dulling in hardship in the years to come.
This is what we ve been praying 4 my broda! Good good news in 2016! Oil subsidy removal is 1st!
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 03, 2016
slap1:

You for trek come back. grin

Ahahahahahah. No to join trailer of cement come back to abuja grin
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:56am On Jan 03, 2016
How can the government in one sentence say subsidy is removed and in another sentence they seek to determine the price of the product? All I see is price fixing and negative subsidy. That is, the masses are subsidizing the government. FG should deregulate the downstream sector completely and allow market forces to determine the price. I'm optimistic that it won't be above N90 per litre

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by pasol4real(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2016
So What if the price of crude oil goes up again ,which is What Nigerians are praying for ,it means the price of petrol wud automatically go up again .
The question is wud bubu now re introduce subsidy again?cos the only reason nigerians are not complaining now is because they are used to the price of 87 per litre .ordinarily we shud be buying petrol at the price of 80 or even 79 naira per litre,cos the the cost of landing is now 85 naira n no longer 94 naira.
I think bubu is deceiving Nigerians but him yansh go open when the price of crude oil increases .
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Kwame87(m): 10:03am On Jan 03, 2016
LOLzzzzzz......50kobo change....d real change....change my yansh

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by FlyboyZee: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

Keep living in the past. GEJ that couldn't manage surplus cannot be trusted with subsidy removal. Where are the palleatives promised on the partial removal called SUREP?

Where are the palliatives PMB is providing?

Under GEJ, the story was that the country was not yet ready for a subsidy-less petrol pricing regime or the FG should provide palliatives to cushion the effect.

So, all of a sudden, the country is now ready for subsidy-less petrol pricing regime with no palliatives.

Hhm! I rest my case...

1 Like

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by FlyboyZee: 10:17am On Jan 03, 2016
adanny01:

Even in my village, i bought fuel 2days ago at N87.

Liar! Liar!!
In Delta State, I bought petrol @N140/litre.
In Bayelsa State, @N140/litre.
In Imo State, N130/litre.
In Rivers, N130/litre.
In Enugu, N140/litre

All these between 25/12/2015 and 2/1/2016. Please, where is your village?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2016
smemud:
I thank Allah for this,finally minority will not rule over majority again. PMB THANK U....MAY U LIVE LONG......AM SORRY FOR THE GRAMMATICAL BLUNDER I JUST COMMIT .....

The grammatical blunder u committed is d least of ur blunders. ANYBODY can rule Nigeria.
Re: FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight by abduljabbar4(m): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2016
PassingShot:

@ the topic, I hope this is correct. It is good news especially now that crude price has tumbled. Just as the president said in the media chat, no one will be subsidizing anyone with the current global crude price. And by the time our refineries start to work optimally, subsidy will not even be in the equation even if crude price goes up later.

Dont mind him. Gej not only wanted to steal the money but was planning to make petrol N165 per litre!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ondo Police Speaks On Death Of Over Thirty Cows / NNPC Group Executive Directors Sacked / Sowore Appears In Court For The First Time Since Arrest : Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.