Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? (13840 Views)

Why Men Are Shy To Dance In Church Unlike Women? / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Happy Sunday Nairalanders!

After observing, so many churches these days have started entertaining members with dance(break dance,stunts,etc)I want to seek the opinion of my fellow christain brothers,Do you think its spiritually right?

I personally think its wrong until yesterday i had a rethink that God gave them the talent to dance and if they use it in an ungodly way(dancing for the world) and its also a sin to allow your talent to be wasted(matt.25 vs 14-30) and i read an article that said if you dont develop on your talent,you would have an unfulfiled destiny and you might go to hell.

BUT MY QUESTION IS:Is it right to dance break dance,stunts and other dances that seems worldly?
Please,share your views.

1 Like

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
Winner01,mabell,butscam,yazach please you are needed here.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Kingrapha(m): 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
is singing worldly..... no
then what makes dancing worldly

7 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Mescopaul(m): 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
Braek dance?? Talent?? In the church??!!

Why dont we then we invite the likes of Micheal Jackson, Chris brown and Usher to lead us in songs in the church?

Are they not all good in break dance??

Break dance | Heaven
Do they match?
Is there any semblance?
Do their combination sound right.

If your heart condemns you, the Bible says God is greater than your heart.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by CountDracula(m): 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
Because u have d talent to target doesn't mean u shud join boko haram and say ure developin ur talent, if u don't use it right den ure worse dan someone dat doesn't use it at all

6 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by winner01(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ill make this as simple as possible.
No doubt people are bringing the world into the church nowadays, ive never felt comfortable with some things that go on in churches nowadays.
The main issue is glorifying God in everything we do. I remember as an undergraduate that we invited the pre-degree arm of the church for a presentation, and during a pair dance, i could see an unacceptable look on the pastors face. The dance moves were very inappropriate.
Sadly, such dance steps are what appeals to many of our youths as they find it boring not to go the way of the world.
We should consider 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 in everything we do. When you dance, it must be to glorify God and not the world or your body.

5 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
winner01:
Ill make this as simple as possible.
No doubt people are bringing the world into the church nowadays, ive never felt comfortable with some things that go on in churches nowadays.
The issue main issue is glorifying God in everything we do. I remember as an undergraduate that we invited the pre-degree arm of the church for a presentation, and during a pair dance, i could see an unacceptable look on the pastors face. The dance moves were very inappropriate.
Sadly, such dance steps are what appeals to many of our youths as they find it boring not to go the way of the world.
We should consider 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 in everything we do. When you dance, it must be to glorify God and not the world or your body.
So it aint a sin to you?

1 Like

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
CountDracula:
Because u have d talent to target doesn't mean u shud join boko haram and say ure developin ur talent, if u don't use it right den ure worse dan someone dat doesn't use it at all
But how else can they use it that is right,in the world?
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mescopaul:
Braek dance?? Talent?? In the church??!!

Why dont we then we invite the likes of Micheal Jackson, Chris brown and Usher to lead us in songs in the church?

Are they not all good in break dance??

Break dance | Heaven
Do they match?
Is there any semblance?
Do their combination sound right.

If your heart condemns you, the Bible says God is greater than your heart.
Lol...Thanks what i'm thinking too,it pains me to see mfm accepting it too.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by twosquare(m): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
MCJIKEL22:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders!

After observing, so many churches these days have started entertaining members with dance(break dance,stunts,etc)I want to seek the opinion of my fellow christain brothers,Do you think its spiritually right?

I personally think its wrong until yesterday i had a rethink that God gave them the talent to dance and if they use it in an ungodly way(dancing for the world) and its also a sin to allow your talent to be wasted(matt.25 vs 14-30) and i read an article that said if you dont develop on your talent,you would have an unfulfiled destiny and you might go to hell.

BUT MY QUESTION IS:Is it right to dance break dance,stunts and other dances that seems worldly?
Please,share your views.
Cc:Lalasticlala,Ishilove,OAM4J.
Not right.... Imagine Paul, John and Peter dancing breaking dance in front of the saints.... What talent are you talking about... If you want that, we have many hip hop, R&B singers that can accomplish that. Shame on the church of this generation if they can't offer another thing that differs from what the world offers... The experience we are meant to have is like the Lord descending on Mount Sinai.... Not anyhow programs, stunts, worldly importations and shameful imitation.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by confamgist237: 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
Yes!!
In endtime church..

wey endtime worshipper dey read endtime bible... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Damalex4luv(m): 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mtcheww
End time rhetorical question
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by vosquare: 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
grin grin

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
The bible didn't state how we should dance to praise God.

My problem is the places or people who originated these dance that we copy.

And one way to see it is a culture thing. We all have different ways we dance in our different cultures.

I want to believe the Hip pop dance or break dance is an African American thing.

So if its a cultural thing, is it then wrong to dance that way in the church?

David could have been break dancing which made his clothes fall off, the bible didn't describe the dance. But for his clothes to have fallen off, I can imagine the kind of dance he was giving to God. And God loved it.

8 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Aspiregreat: 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
It's Apparently not Right .

1 Like

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by jendhorlee(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
Concerning d lady who justified donjazzy's action....let me also justify olamide's action....first, you are comparing two different things with each other,...in a primary sch, students are awarded their position according to how they perform in their test and exam...and d student with d overall highest mark gets d first position....so, if i discovered by chance dat my son has d highest overall mark and he wasnt given d first position, i will question d class teacher...so imagine d parent of d boy who was given d first position stood up and told me "if it is d gift i want, i shud come and collect it"......is it abt d gift or reward for hardwork?.....you should knw something is fishy....to those who said kesh sings rubbish.....it doesnt matter as long as itz a hit song...d best student wont be denied his prize if he is dirty or poor or stubborn....as long as he's brilliant......and u dont ask teachers to vote for d student to be given first position......i rest my case
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Lincoln275(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
I will dance like david dances

2 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by tunwumi: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
Not only break dance worldly microphone, amplifier keyboard chairs and the dress u are wearing should be ban

6 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by allanphash7(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
What is a heavenly dance ?

What is a worldy dance ?

Op please answer this kwesions

2 Likes

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by dammytosh: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
David danced Azonto.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by miqos02(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
ok
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
You see, when you look at the origin of the Bible and the foundation on which Christianity was built, especially the fraud perpetrated by the Roman Catholic Church by editing the Sumerian Creation Myth written on the Sumerian Clay Tablets which was later translated by Zecharia Sitchin and then using it as a tool to brainwash the entire populace into fearful submission whilst also compelling them to parting with their hard earned money; then I would say not only can you “Break Dance” in the church but also at liberty to have sex right inside the church since Christianity and other religions were all built on Mind Boggling Lies! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by jaylister(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
not all dance is accepted, xo as not all song is accepted in the church
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Stycon(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
O'boy! See question + undecided
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by matrix199(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
So long your dance is not provocative or obscene, you're free to dance whatever style you wish.

1 Like

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
It is not a sin!!shoki self follow grin
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by UnknownT: 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
let's see what bro berepiki has to say
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Watch hypocrites come here and say nothing or quote"touch not mγ annointing"...but they would be very busy insulting and cursing Buhari,Gej,Tinubu and others in another thread...smh.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by jaylister(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
hmm u sound childish, no abuse
Kingrapha:
is singing worldly..... no

then what makes dancing worldly
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by neutrotoba(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
HYFR....

David did and it was pleasing to God's eyes and heart

1 Like

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Jeromejnr(m): 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
twosquare:
Not right.... Imagine Paul, John and Peter dancing breaking dance in front of the saints.... What talent are you talking about... If you want that, we have many hip hop, R&B singers that can accomplish that. Shame on the church of this generation if they can't offer another thing that differs from what the world offers... The experience we are meant to have is like the Lord descending on Mount Sinai.... Not anyhow programs, stunts, worldly importations and shameful imitation.

Lol @ bolded

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Why Can't I Correct A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.