Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? (13851 Views)

Why Men Are Shy To Dance In Church Unlike Women? / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by mysteriouspee: 5:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mescopaul:
Braek dance?? Talent?? In the church??!!

Why dont we then we invite the likes of Micheal Jackson, Chris brown and Usher to lead us in songs in the church?

Are they not all good in break dance??

Break dance | Heaven
Do they match?
Is there any semblance?
Do their combination sound right.

If your heart condemns you, the Bible says God is greater than your heart.

So the yoruba, Ibo and hausa dance steps that our people dance in church, are they not the same steps these so called tribes use to worship their idols and masquerade in ancient times? Let's be objective, dance is dance what matters is if you're glorifying God with your dance.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by grandstar(m): 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
MCJIKEL22:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders!

After observing, so many churches these days have started entertaining members with dance(break dance,stunts,etc)I want to seek the opinion of my fellow christain brothers,Do you think its spiritually right?

I personally think its wrong until yesterday i had a rethink that God gave them the talent to dance and if they use it in an ungodly way(dancing for the world) and its also a sin to allow your talent to be wasted(matt.25 vs 14-30) and i read an article that said if you dont develop on your talent,you would have an unfulfiled destiny and you might go to hell.

BUT MY QUESTION IS:Is it right to dance break dance,stunts and other dances that seems worldly?
Please,share your views.
its wrong (Romans 12:2 Malachi 3:18)
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
Why not? Dance na dance wether break down, moon walk or jalingo i am sure God won't mind cheesy
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
mzvyne:

Dance however you wish to, so long as you are genuinely praising God. I'll dance whatever styles I wish so long as I'm not being indecent.

As for those regulating which dances are right and which are worldly... Kontinew.
I am equally asking if it's right....I am not judging.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
grandstar:
its wrong (Romans 12:2 Malachi 3:18)
Thanks bro.....But would they then now bury the talent God gave them?
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
FOUR CORNER ALLIANCE
Ever heard of it.....well if not u are welcome, this an online market company that uses a multi level marketing system, specially design to help u and them become rich

This is how you can make $500,000+ in 6 months.
Step 1. Join four corners alliance Group for only a one-time payment of $18
2. Invite 4 friends
3. Help them refer 4 people
4. They duplicate process 6 times
5. You Earn $559,824

Month 1: You invite 4 people you earn $16. Your work is done
Month 2. Those 4 invite 4 people= 16 people, you earn $64
Month 3. Those 16 sign-up 4 people= 64 people, you earn $640
Month 4. Those 64 sign-up 4 people= 256 people, you earn $6,144
Month 5. Those 256 sign up 4 people= 1,024 people, you earn $61,440
Month 6. Those 1,024 sign up 4 people= 4,096 people,you earn $491,20

A total of $559,824

And all you did was pay $18 and invited only 4 people in your first month and helped them get 4 and you were done.

plus 100% matching commissions from everybody you directly refer. As your 4 sign-ups earn $559,824, you get 100% matching.

PRODUCTS

The products that 4 corners sell is a set of Financial Education Literacy which is downloadable in your back office.

This is an automated system, it will sell the products for you once you invite 4 people. All you have to do is sit back

and relax.Also in your back office you can keep track of your earnings and view your team's growth using the genealogy.

Also great Customer Support from the company and in the back office is where corporate post news and updates.

I was skeptical about this biz till my friend who has been doing and disturbing me came home and showed me is $1600 available balance and his #260000 withdrawal into his account....nih I hurry go register this year. For more info whatsapp me @07061628517 or facebook @ Noriode Oghenebrume
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
mightyfada:
When they are dancing, which song do they mime to? Is it a Godly song or a worldly one?

The dance crew, are they the church workers or just random youths?

Back in the days, i belong to a dance crew that all we do was drama and mime(Godly song) to the crowds. I can remember we do fast and pray before we go on the alter and we don't do dance at shows.
They dance to Godly songs.
They are active church workers(mfm)
I think i'm convinced that its not sin!
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
sauceTDA:
Mumu question undecided
Cool down bro,its a sunday! smiley
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
tosinadesioye:

Quite disagree with your last thoughts on mfm. I see their dance ministration & it's not only entertaining but glorifies Jesus. If you watched their performance on watch-night 2015, you would have noticed the concept of using Pastor's messages to dance and bless life.

I for one find it as a source of inspiration, anytime I see different sizes of youths praise & glorify God.

It is creative & always with a message about the power of Christ.
p.m bro,I am also an mfm member...I just wanted to have others view,thats why i was asking.CHEERS BRO!!
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by MCJIKEL22(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
twosquare:
Not right.... Imagine Paul, John and Peter dancing breaking dance in front of the saints.... What talent are you talking about... If you want that, we have many hip hop, R&B singers that can accomplish that. Shame on the church of this generation if they can't offer another thing that differs from what the world offers... The experience we are meant to have is like the Lord descending on Mount Sinai.... Not anyhow programs, stunts, worldly importations and shameful imitation.
Thanks bro..very insightful.

1 Like

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by nuga16: 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Why not dance has Jesus danced
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by emmansctx: 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
don't bring the world into a living church oh...

the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Emmahunk(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
Absolutely, there is nothing wrong because the dancer is dancing to God . In the presence of The Lord , there is fullness of joy and liberty says the Holy book. Shockingly , the only woman recorded in the Bible as barren was so cursed because she cautioned King David on how he was dancing when the Ark of Convenant was brought back to Israel
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Kingrapha(m): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
jaylister:
hmm u sound childish, no abuse
I am......am 16 so no offence taken but what is bad in someone displaying talent
just as u can sing to gospel lyrics and also to mundane lyrics
you can dance<breakdance> to gospel and also secular beat.... in all IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS kiss
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
MCJIKEL22:

After observing, so many churches these days have started entertaining members with dance(break dance,stunts,etc)I want to seek the opinion of my fellow christain brothers,Do you think its spiritually right?

I personally think its wrong until yesterday i had a rethink that God gave them the talent to dance and if they use it in an ungodly way(dancing for the world) and its also a sin to allow your talent to be wasted(matt.25 vs 14-30) and i read an article that said if you dont develop on your talent,you would have an unfulfiled destiny and you might go to hell.

BUT MY QUESTION IS:Is it right to dance break dance,stunts and other dances that seems worldly?
Please,share your views.
...only if you dance it in a sexual way. nothing bad in it, your breakdance should pass a message (to the glory of God). cos it's also a way of ministering. and that's what we call 'talents'.

in your own understanding, defin 'breakdance '.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by masqot(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
David sang and danced. Who knows his style of dance. In my opinion, dance is dance- whether broken or solid - inasmuch as it does not present obscenity.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by linearity: 3:50am On Jan 04, 2016
Mescopaul:
Braek dance?? Talent?? In the church??!!

Why dont we then we invite the likes of Micheal Jackson, Chris brown and Usher to lead us in songs in the church?

Are they not all good in break dance??

Break dance | Heaven
Do they match?
Is there any semblance?
Do their combination sound right.

If your heart condemns you, the Bible says God is greater than your heart.

I agree that, one should not dance break dance in church, but not because it is sinful, but because it is inappropriate and will not suit the occasion, which is the worship of God or being joyous in his presence.

However, there are some form dances that are easily termed as 'wordly' which can be appropriate.

2 Sam 6:14
And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

Suggest we can dance with rigor and emotions and it will still be appropriate in the presence of God.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by sompsonz(m): 4:04am On Jan 04, 2016
The way we take Christianity is very funny !!
Yeah the bible says so ... And all that but how wrong we can be in interpreting the bible ..
It is the same bible that named some foods and animals unclean in Leviticus that said we should not call Gods creation unclean in acts ...
What does that mean? Some do's and donts in the bible where channelled to a particular ppl maybe cos of tradition !!!
generally so you can brk dance in your house but not in the church
If brk dance is sin in the church then it should be sin in your house on stage and everywia.
It's crazy when ppl say it's ok to were trousers but a sin in the church !! Wtf??
God is everywia accord the same respect everywia .
Church is just a house were all people who share same believe gather to worship there believe if your church is holy ground so is your house !!!
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by megley(f): 8:00am On Jan 04, 2016
As long as its decent and not erotic. As long as the dancers are decently dressed and its all aimed at glorifying God, then it's all good.

In the book of psalms it says among other things "praise the Lord with dancing ..."

As long as its not seductive dance, its fine.

My opinion.

*as long as its not Erotic!, NOT intimate
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Harrybanty(m): 8:19am On Jan 04, 2016
Wetinnnnnnnn? Is this biblically right? Is that biblically right? Is anything ever biblically right? God does not select dance steps, if u like dance shoki on altar, it is your mind set that matters, let's stop living in a 3rd world, you'll be laughed at for asking this in a European or American country. In fact, who even knows how David danced in the bible?
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 04, 2016
Break dance ain't suitable for d church setting.
As for stunts,thats absolute rubbish. Shebi the church don turn into martial arts centre or sports centre.
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Image123(m): 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2016
MCJIKEL22:

Please,share your views.

True christians are meant to be CIRCUMSPECT about EVERYTHING, and our moderation is paramount.
Phi 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

To be CIRCUMSPECT virtually means to be on the alert, to be watchful, taking into consideration all possible circumstances and consequences before acting. This same thing has to be done in our actions, our worship, our dancing, our living. There is something called WORLDLINESS, it is a very thing line sometimes and it takes discernment and knowledge in many cases. To the individual, what is the definition of worldliness, it varies/differs, and that is where the spirit of discernment comes in.
If a dance is done in the spirit of worldliness, it is not acceptable to the Lord. It may be acceptable to men and to the individual but not to God. It is difficult to define what a worldly dance it, especially with context, time and perhaps knowledge. i say that because some dances may be worldly based on my knowledge and experience perhaps as an unbeliever or growing up. i can have known a style of music or dance or dressing in the hood or streets done by gangstars, etc. Then 15years later, i am converted and in another continent, and dancing that same dance to perform. Now, others do not know, but they may unsuspectingly love it or copy it without discernment or circumspection. You see the two motives and spirits are not the same, but an observer would argue its the same and class them together.
In the end, let believers be moderate, circumspect and SPIRITUAL. Some things are simply NOT spiritual no matter how it is veiled and packaged. Breakdance started with(or was made popular by) James Brown in the 60s. It's street dance requiring much energy etc. Quite an expensive way to glorify God IMO. i dunno about talent to dance and unfulfilled destinies. i don't think those are the kind of talents referred to in Matthew 25. i know a guy that has a talent to lie and decieve, there are people who have grandtheft talents, women deceiver talents, criminal skills and gifts, many who are very good at maths, naturally good at running and sports. Yet, many of these also excelled at other things and live lives that glorified God outside what we called their talents. i have the talent to be Nigeria's President for instance cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by lomprico(m): 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
MCJIKEL22:

Please,share your views.
Is it biblical wrong
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Mescopaul(m): 8:35am On Jan 08, 2016
MCJIKEL22:
Lol...Thanks what i'm thinking too,it pains me to see mfm accepting it too.

MFM
Just hearing that for the first time.
*The church is becoming wordly*
Re: Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? by Mescopaul(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2016
kay29000:

Are you trying to tell me that Heaven will be boring?

I think heaven would be, rather is the most beautiful, perfect, and most fun place to be.

The problem is that, we are humans so our thinking is limited.
Heaven is not a place for the fallen human, so heaven has another thinking method or pattern.

What gives joy on earth would probably not be what gives greater joy in heaven.

What entices and people think we can't do without might not necessarily exists in heaven.

Heaven is totally different from earth.
Those in heaven do not possess this natural flesh and so things that appeal to the flesh here on earth may unlikely exist in heaven.

Going through the book of Revelation, you might have read were it said that all they do there in heaven day and night is to worship God.

From your natural human mind, you might ask :
"How can one live all his life in heaven, daya after day, doing nothing but bowing down and worshipping God? Wouldn't we get tired of worshipping God in heaven?"

But the truth is, you can't fathom it out.
Its beyond and above your thinking faculty.
Its a realm were things exist in a different dimension.

That is why we must all strive to enter heaven. So that after tasting life on earth, we could taste another better life in heaven.

And, no Heaven can never be boring.
Nothing can make it boring, not even the absence of the word and act of "DANCE" altogether.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against / Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? / Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.