Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Advice On Ogbono Biz - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advice On Ogbono Biz (27082 Views)

Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! / Buy Ogbono For Storage @ 53,200naira Per 50kg. / Any Idea Of Where I Can Source For Ogbono And Crayfish @very Cheaper Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Ogbono Biz by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
Your fellow nairalander really need your advice. I want to go into ogbono business this 2016.
I need answers to the following questions;
1. Can I start the business with 200k?
2. if yes, where can I source for the product(ogbono) for maximum profit. Ebonyi state or cameroon?
3. Wat do I really need(Documents and transport money) to get to these places?
4. is this business really lucrative?
5. Other info on this biz?
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by pragidso: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
I am also going into the biz dis 2016, I'm still making research, I intially thought of buying it from Edo but I now want to compare d prices btw dat of Ebonyi and Edo
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thank God I have found a mate. Please bro if you are done please let try and update me

1 Like

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
A friend of my called me and told me that ogbono is available in Abijan, Ivory Coast. But that place is far for me.
Wat do u think?
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by pragidso: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
why go to Abijan n Ivory Coast when we hv it in abundance in Edo n Ebonyi States. I am waiting to compare the prices. I hv gotten dat of Edo is remaining Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by akinvest(m): 10:09am On Jan 09, 2016
You need ogbono seed season just starts now, i can source for you, if you're serious to buy.
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
akinvest:
You need ogbono seed season just starts now, i can source for you, if you're serious to buy.

Read the first post to see what I really need from you.
Thanks
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by cosjudi(m): 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
@byikson, contact
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by TUBLEZ(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2016
pragidso:
I am also going into the biz dis 2016, I'm still making research, I intially thought of buying it from Edo but I now want to compare d prices btw dat of Ebonyi and Edo

Please bro how much is a bag in Edo and how much will I sell it for in Lagos.. Thanks in advance
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by pragidso: 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
The guy in Edo sells his own 3,300 per kg while d one in Ebonyi sells 50kg bag 80k for d best grade, d hv 3 different types. Beside new ones will soon come out as we are almost in it's season. so find out hw d sell it in lag cos I don't have an idea and kn if u can d biz.
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
hello fellow forumites, My name is Francis, I am fully into ogbono biz. I do make out time to browse around internet just to help any nigeria youth who wishes to venture into this business, I have had a detailed post on nairaland concerning ogbono/bushamango/etima seed already.

now to start with,
1. Yes you can start this biz with 200k
2. no you don't need to travel to Cameroon or guinea to buy because of your capital budget, more reason; exchange is very aggressive in the sense that your 200k will get evaporated at the exchange point in ekok Cameron, so I advice you look for a right and honest supply in other to manger and grow your fund.

here are things you need to know,

there are two types namely,
****ogbono
****ugiri

ogbono is used both for consumption and medicinal purpose, ugiri can only serve for consumption, meanwhile the drawing power or quality is lacking in ugiri whereas ogbono has a powerful drawing power for consumption. ugiri dominates most of the places in Nigeria thereby making it difficult to see the rightful and honest seller of ogbono...!!! ogbono can be found in countries like Cameroon Guinea, Siralone and fewer less qualities in Ivory coast.
only one place in Nigeria the real ogbono grows is called ...Ado....!!! please do not mistake this name with Edo of Benin.

other places are ordinary ugiri, such as ijaw, Edo, Obudu and so on...a nescafe cup of ogbono can give you a drawing quality you can find in 3cups of ugiri.

finally use your little start up capital wisely and look for suppliers and negotiate good prize with them.

as for me, I sell 50kg bag for 65,000naira now which contains 14buckets custard and cost per bucket is 4642 naira .

i have Cameroon and guinea ogbono, and can supply any quantity anytime any day.

hope this helps!!! good luck to your newly found business. sincerely this is lucrative business and now is the time to make the best out of it..u can buy for storage now and also buy and sell immediately because this is the season to buy cheap.

pardon my topographical error

Sincerely Yours,
Francis Anisiobi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 10:42am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello guys,
Quick update on Cameroon/Guinea Ogbono; 50kg bag now is 58,800naira
bucket custard goes for 4,200naira

Yours Francis 07067451362 anisiobidefranc@gmail.com
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by africanman85: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
Are there cash and carry buyers of ogbonno ? I want to go into the business and any other fast moving agric products. any honest partner who wants to go into the business should pm on 08032655418
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by chinawapz(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
This will be a great help for the cattle farmers, it is a good option to start cultivating grass for grazing. However, you need to know the types of grass for grazing. This article will really help you! kindly share this for more farmers to benefit http://www.agrobalm.com/2016/07/how-to-cultivate-grasses-for-grazing.html?m=1
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by Humulity: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2016
Good one ops. Impressed with your contribution Francis. Definitely only lazy and greedy people will complain of no job or capital to start with. No matter your capital their is always something to star, thanks to Agric section Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by patdesire: 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
@Francis Nice contribution, but It's not correct to say only one place have the real ogbono in Nigeria. Edo state have it, execpt you don't know the place. Edo state have the two types, the real ogbono is harvested January to February, while the other type(hoyin in some villages) is currently being harvested. Edo have it, i use both.

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
patdesire:
@Francis Nice contribution, but It's not correct to say only one place have the real ogbono in Nigeria. Edo state have it, execpt you don't know the place. Edo state have the two types, the real ogbono is harvested January to February, while the other type(hoyin in some villages) is currently being harvested. Edo have it, i use both.

its great u have knowledge about etima seed, but what I explained is strictly based on experience and practice,

ogbono, otherwise known as etima seed or African bush mango is used for consumption and medicinal purposes!! I have buyers from U.S.A and Canada whom I supply ogbono only for medicinal purposes, they produce drug called 'Irvingia Capsule' this drug is used for weight loss,

gues what, I have supplied them the type from obudu, ijaw, Edo, badagri and nsukka, but all failed the test only 'ogbono Ado' passed the test successfully, including all the varieties from Cameroon and Guinea!!!

for drawing powers, Edo ogbono may draw as it can, but you dare not compare it with Ado, Cameroon and Guinea varieties

Sincerely Francis
anisiobidefranc@gmail.com
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
I came across this, I couldn't help but to share
https://www.nairaland.com/3340116/shout-out-anifranklyn67s-ogbono

Francis 07067451362
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
I'm sharing this because it is thought-provoking. I wish you could forward it to every youth known to you, so they can have a piece of it. And let the sleeping giants rise.
"My Dear Nigerian Youths",
I am very angry and that is why I am addressing you.
You are the source of my anger and I want to vent my spleen- maybe not at you directly- but at the arrogance of your ignorance.
You sit in front of a computer and rant all day through social media but with every click, you make money - not for yourself - but for Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook).
With every megabyte of data you spend complaining and maligning, you make stupendous bucks for Etisalat, Glo and Airtel.
Over the next two years, the number of Nigerian millionaires will jump by 47% but most likely you will not be among because you are too busy whining and complaining. And yet about 60% of Nigeria’s 170m population are below 35 years. Oh, what a waste! By the way, Mark Zuckerberg was 19 when he started Facebook.
Africa’s youngest billionaire, Ashish Thakkar, is 31. He escaped from the Rwandan genocide and relocated to Uganda where he started an IT business.
Collin Thornton, who made his millions by fixing bad computers and setting up Dial-a-Nerd, is 35.
Adam Horowitz, an 18-year-old entrepreneur, started 30 websites in 3 years before he became successful.
The only thing you have ever started is an online petition. Have you heard of Jason Njoku? He’s 33 and the founder of Iroko TV. He received $8m investment into his company just a few years ago. What he does? Sharing the same Nollywood films that you spend hours to watch online. He didn’t just hang around waiting for Buhari to make something happen or blaming Jonathan for not making anything happen.
Kamal Budhabhatti was deported from Kenya but while on the flight, he thought of the opportunities in Kenya. He found his way back after 6 months and today his company is valued at $30m. He’s 36.
Have you heard of Chinedu Echeruo? Apple just paid $1b for his app. He’s a Nigerian like you and all he did was attempt to fix a problem. But for you, the only thing you attempt to fix are your nails- and your hairdo! Chinedu moved to New York in 1995 and found it difficult to navigate the city with ease so he developed HopStop to fix the problem.
Stop listing all the problems - we know them already but what are you doing about them?
Awolowo was 37, Akintola was 36, Ahmadu Bello was 36, Tafawa Balewa was 34, Okotie-Eboh was 27 and Enahoro was 27 at the time of independence of Nigeria.
In 1966, the first coup was led by Kaduna Nzeogwu (29) and stopped by Murtala Mohammed (28), TY Danjuma (28), IBB (25), Sanni Abacha (23) and Shehu Yar'adua (23).
It brought in Yakubu Gowon as Head of State at 32 and Olusegun Obasanjo at 29.
You are in your 40s and you still sag your trousers.
Of course, you know Linda Ikeji. You’ve spent hundreds of hours on her blog laughing and commenting while she smiles her way to the bank.
She’s just built a house for her father in the village- just by you clicking on her gossip and sharing.
Your day is not complete without a stop by at her blog. She was as broke as you are but she turned a hobby into a business.
Are you that void of understanding?
You think those politicians have any regard for you?
That is why I referred to the arrogance of your ignorance at the beginning of this diatribe.
You have a false estimation of yourself. You have an over bloated ego.
You are only as good as an election ticket - pure and simple. You are only good to be used and discarded like a used ballot paper. Who keeps a used ballot paper anyway? That is why they only remember you every four years.
By the way, I am 29 so I am very much part of this constructive harassment
Francis is Back

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 11:48am On Sep 18, 2016
quick bumper deal for those exporting ogbono make sure you are buying in large qty, then come on here!!!
2,600naira per kg that is 6.11usd per kg!!!!
yes its real!!!!!!
This is Francis, you can't beat the reach!!!
07067451362 (+2347067451362)
We are the scholars of your ogbono!!! if you can't beat them why no join them !!!!
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by mjp37: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
@ Francis. Thanks for your post. Am interested in ogbona biz. I will contact you soon.
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by ifeomagodwin75: 1:33am On Oct 03, 2016
anifranklyn67:
hello fellow forumites, My name is Francis, I am fully into ogbono biz. I do make out time to browse around internet just to help any nigeria youth who wishes to venture into this business, I have had a detailed post on nairaland concerning ogbono/bushamango/etima seed already.

now to start with,
1. Yes you can start this biz with 200k
2. no you don't need to travel to Cameroon or guinea to buy because of your capital budget, more reason; exchange is very aggressive in the sense that your 200k will get evaporated at the exchange point in ekok Cameron, so I advice you look for a right and honest supply in other to manger and grow your fund.

here are things you need to know,

there are two types namely,
****ogbono
****ugiri

ogbono is used both for consumption and medicinal purpose, ugiri can only serve for consumption, meanwhile the drawing power or quality is lacking in ugiri whereas ogbono has a powerful drawing power for consumption. ugiri dominates most of the places in Nigeria thereby making it difficult to see the rightful and honest seller of ogbono...!!! ogbono can be found in countries like Cameroon Guinea, Siralone and fewer less qualities in Ivory coast.
only one place in Nigeria the real ogbono grows is called ...Ado....!!! please do not mistake this name with Edo of Benin.

other places are ordinary ugiri, such as ijaw, Edo, Obudu and so on...a nescafe cup of ogbono can give you a drawing quality you can find in 3cups of ugiri.

finally use your little start up capital wisely and look for suppliers and negotiate good prize with them.

as for me, I sell 50kg bag for 65,000naira now which contains 14buckets custard and cost per bucket is 4642 naira .

i have Cameroon and guinea ogbono, and can supply any quantity anytime any day.

hope this helps!!! good luck to your newly found business. sincerely this is lucrative business and now is the time to make the best out of it..u can buy for storage now and also buy and sell immediately because this is the season to buy cheap.

pardon my topographical error

Sincerely Yours,
Francis Anisiobi
In Nigeria, Ado is in which state
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
ifeomagodwin75:
In Nigeria, Ado is in which state

call me!!!

Francis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by nams77: 9:24am On Nov 06, 2016
Pls house any progress. Stumbled on this thread and I also interested
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
nams77:
Pls house any progress. Stumbled on this thread and I also interested

well depending on what you mean by progress!! but ogbono business is just at the league of its own.

if you are interested, why not contact me or any other reliable supplier you know..

Sincerely Francis
+2347067451362

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by nams77: 9:17am On Nov 10, 2016
anifranklyn67:

well depending on what you mean by progress!! but ogbono business is just at the league of its own.

if you are interested, why not contact me or any other reliable supplier you know..

Sincerely Francis
+2347067451362
I wanted to hear from guys who went into it and how dey are faring.

3 Likes

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by Juliana7: 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
@francis, thank u for d priceless info. I will definitely contact u soon. Thanks
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by xzile: 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
Buisness opportunity in ogbono business. Fellow nairalanders are you searching for that business which can give you a month watering or juicy profit? Search no more ogbono is the bomb. It is a seasonal cash crop which can give you more than 100%of you capital when stored and sold during off season usually 4months after the season. But if you which to sell as you buy u are still sure of at least 40% profit depending on your location. They say business is all about profit and loss but i beat my chest to tell you that there is never a loss in this biz. I have being in it for 3 yrs, so am speaking from experience.
I am a merchant and supply ogbono in large quantities from the cheapest source in Nigeria and Cameroon though i base in abakaliki and cross river states. I can supply to any where in Nigeria.
If you have any questions or interest call chris on 08039129122. I
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 1:02am On Dec 09, 2016
people have been calling some couple of days ago asking me if I know who "Chris" is, please my name is Anisiobi Francis Akachukwu.
Do I deal on ogbono: Yes
Which type: Cameroon, Senegal, Guinea and Ivory Coast
where do I base: Ihiala LGA Anmbra state
please kindly be informed that I have no idea of any ogbono biz with Chris user I'd "xzile"
I am the sole owner of ANIFRAK LLC an Agro produce specialized company
please I don't know Chris and I never in anyway partner or relate with him....for the fact that somebody mentionef Cameroon here doesn't mean that I know him
thanks for your understanding
Sincerely Francis
ANIFRAK LLC
Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by xzile: 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hello nairalanders, pls my name is Chris an ogbono merchant based in cross river. I never in any post say i do business or partner with anybody in my business. For clarification of doubt you can review my initial post. I only promoted my biz and don't know why some unscrupulous people would want to use their fellows to get attention. We are not the only ogbono dealers in Nigeria so let's not make issues here my friend. Thanks francis akachukwu

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 8:30am On Dec 13, 2016
this is extra time!!!
Local rice, breed is mars, well destone ±50kg
210cups in a bag that is approximately 12bucket painters you may like to call it 2complete butchel!!
14,000naira per bag!!!!!
Direct from ANIFRAK RICE MEAL,
We are setting the pace!!!
Anisiobi Francis Akachukwu
ANIFRAK LLC

Re: Advice On Ogbono Biz by anifranklyn67: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2016
no stone no shaft
Proudly ANIFRAK
07067451362 Anisiobi Francis Akachukwu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get bulldozer and tractor service For your farmland . / Pepper Farming: Can You Imagine The Extent Of Loss Due To Lack Of Storage? (Vide / 10 Acres Of Fertile Farmland ( With Stream For Sale) N60,000/acre SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.