Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,969 members, 7,852,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

Which Freedon Did Man Really Seek? The Indispensability Ofthe Use Of Force. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Freedon Did Man Really Seek? The Indispensability Ofthe Use Of Force. (479 Views)

Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere / Operation Crocodile Smile Show Of Force (pics) / US Airforce Puts On A Show Of Force. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Freedon Did Man Really Seek? The Indispensability Ofthe Use Of Force. by skademzy(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2016
[color=#006600That the presidency justified its flagrant disrespect for court order has in no less heated the polity. While many fear for our democracy, some talk on the rule of law while others clamour for the protection of fundamental right on one side, and that of freedom on the other side. With this write-up focused on the aspect of Freedom from all conotations, I couldn't help but ask myself what the 'FREEDOM' we actually wanted is? With my summission from a philosophical approach. Jean Jack Rousseau once summited that man's freedom predated the civil society, in the state of nature where law of nature guide the actions of man. He furthered to state that the reason why man seek a civil society (i.e state) is to submit to general will ahead of individual wills as a win-win situation since man can't return to the state of nature thus resulting in a permanent loss of freedom. With this come his popular quote that "man is born free, but everywhere he's in chains". While freedom according to another scholar can be "freedom from" and "freedom to". The former is applicable to one free from incanceration but the later is the over-rated freedom we all lay claim to. While a previous administration to everyones knowledge committed economic genocide on the citizenry, depriving myself and you the right to quality education and good economic life, we all still think we are indeed free. From a careful perusal of the life of Joseph Sterlin, the 2009 United State made encarta spoke of his dictatorship but yet unable to deny the ENDS that justified His use of absolute force with its closing remark as "Sterlin though moved Russia from a traditionally agricultural society to a modern industrialised society. but it only came after a long period of suffering by his people". From the above shows that only a strong hand can wield a strong hammer to break that stone which seem so strong. Haven been a part of our current predicament during the days of millitary coup, PMB saw the opportunity to correct His past by cleansing today of the attrocities whose foundation were layed by His generation(corruption) just for our own children not to suffer what we did suffered. Even if it takes tyranny to achieve this, common sence shouldn't allow us deny that we are now in a self conscious state as expoused by Marx. This is the "LEVIATHAN" Thomas Hobbes once predicted. A one in a lifetime reformer.][/color]
Re: Which Freedon Did Man Really Seek? The Indispensability Ofthe Use Of Force. by Phonetikkks: 8:06am On Jan 04, 2016

(1) (Reply)

"President Buhari Was Stoned In Bayelsa" - Governor Seriake Dickson / BREAKING | EFCC Arrests PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh / See Why Nigeria/africa Will Be Eternally Indebted To The West! A Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.