Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church (24855 Views)

Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released / Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Mariner007: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
dukum:

Ok bye!

Please explain.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mariner007:

What is trinity then?
Let's talk about that in terms of "Water Baptism".
Which catholics do it based on the trinitarian doctrine.

"But there never was a person ever in all the pages of the Bible, ever baptized in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost. There never was a person baptized in the name of Father, Son, Holy Ghost until the early Catholic church. It's not in the Bible nowhere. And if anybody can find a piece in there, and tell me and show me where one person was baptized using the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost please show me, for I've went through and through and through and through and through it for twenty-some-odd years now. And it's an error. It's a Catholic creed and not a Bible command."
DAT IS NOT THE CREED, so u dont know d catholic creed and u decided to start attacking it?
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mariner007:

The bible is not a product of the church. That is just like saying that the CREATOR is the product of the CREATION. The Bible is God's Word and not of man.

By the way if catholics compiled the bible I believe they should look at the book they claim to have compiled and believe on that same book. Or is the book an error now?

If they compiled the bible, they should show me one person, just one person that was baptized based on the trinitarian doctrine. i.e Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

The bible was written by men inspired of the Holy Ghost. The acts of apostles were not the acts of men but the acts of the Holy Ghost in men.

The bible as u have it today was created by d church thu d help of d holyspirit not d oda way round. the church came before d bible.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Mariner007: 12:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
DAT IS NOT THE CREED, so u dont know d catholic creed and u decided to start attacking it?
Please dear, tell me then.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Mariner007: 1:00am On Feb 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
The bible as u have it today was created by d church thu d help of d holyspirit not d oda way round. the church came before d bible.

As I said earlier, explain your water baptism and trinity.

Cause according to the bible which you claim to have written or compiled, your doctrines are not supported. Explain why the book which you have written or compiled does not support your doctrines.

Start with the most common. Trinity and your water baptism.

To make it easy, show me one person. just one person that was baptized based on the "trinitarian" doctrine, then I'll keep quiet.

Thank you.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by syffng: 3:41am On Feb 08, 2016
oglalasioux:

You are simply advertising your church. That's the ultimate problem with religion.
My Belovd, if that is ur understanding, thats ok. I am a Chosen. The Lords Chosen is busy 24hrs preachng the raw gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ as mandated in the scriptures. And God, according to His promise, is confirmng those mesages frm Chosen, thru signs, wonders & miracles. The greatest miracle God is doing in Chosen is the miracle of repentance where u see sinners, includng hardened criminals, repentng & surrenderng to Jesus after hearing life transformng mesages in Chosen.That church where the true mesage is preachd, thru which armed robbers, ritualists, prostitutes, native doctors, kidnapers, etc, come out openly & confess & repent & become changed persons, is a true church of God. And thats what Chosen is. Jesus formed His church on earth 4 the purpose of wining souls into Gods kingdom. What I am advtzng is what God is doing & nt Chosen. God is glorifd & happy.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by oglalasioux(m): 5:35am On Feb 08, 2016
syffng:
My Belovd, if that is ur understanding, thats ok. I am a Chosen. The Lords Chosen is busy 24hrs preachng the raw gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ as mandated in the scriptures. And God, according to His promise, is confirmng those mesages frm Chosen, thru signs, wonders & miracles. The greatest miracle God is doing in Chosen is the miracle of repentance where u see sinners, includng hardened criminals, repentng & surrenderng to Jesus after hearing life transformng mesages in Chosen.That church where the true mesage is preachd, thru which armed robbers, ritualists, prostitutes, native doctors, kidnapers, etc, come out openly & confess & repent & become changed persons, is a true church of God. And thats what Chosen is. Jesus formed His church on earth 4 the purpose of wining souls into Gods kingdom. What I am advtzng is what God is doing & nt Chosen. God is glorifd & happy.

Ok.

So the other churches are not up to your standards, right?

The universe is one big scary place that it's hard for anyone not to believe in something. It's normal and ok.

What you believe works for you. Others believe in theirs and it works for them. It's their business and your business too.

But when what you believe affects the society negatively then it's everybody's business.

Right now, religion is threatening the very fabric of our society, both Christians and Muslims, and I think it's about time we did something about it.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Ubenedictus(m): 11:20am On Feb 08, 2016
Mariner007:

Cause according to the bible which you claim to have written or compiled, your doctrines are not supported. Explain why the book which you have written or compiled does not support your doctrines.

To make it easy, show me one person. just one person that was baptized based on the "trinitarian" doctrine, then I'll keep quiet.

Thank you.
SO u are back to diverting! all u nid to do is paste d creed and show us d unbiblical part. if u cant do that after claiming d catholic creed is bogus, then u arent ready for a honest discussion and cant substatiate ur claim.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Mariner007: 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
SO u are back to diverting! all u nid to do is paste d creed and show us d unbiblical part. if u cant do that after claiming d catholic creed is bogus, then u arent ready for a honest discussion and cant substatiate ur claim.

You and claims of diversion. I have told you that the way of your water baptism is man-made doctrine. What are you saying again? I have told you to explain where you get the way from and show me an example in the Bible. I will believe you.

P.S I have posted several verses to show you that trinity is wrong. yet you are still asking for pasting?

Show me just [size=14pt]one [/size]person in the bible to be baptized in the names of the Father, Son and HolyGhost.

I drop my pen.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Mariner007: 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:

Also,

Catholics believe that Mary is a mediator right? As per she intercedes for you? I believe this is one of your many;

THE VIRGIN MARY AS CO-REDEMPTRIX, MEDIATRIX AND ADVOCATE.

You believe she was the mother of God, right?
You believe she resurrected, as per taken up soul and body into heaven?

I just have to prove to you that Mary is and will never be an advocate or a mediator.

When she actually denied the virgin birth in Luke 2

46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us?
behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

Now saying that Jesus Christ was the son of Joseph. SMH!

Tell me how can your mediator or advocate deny the Word? When she clearly knew that the child she was bearing was of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ put her right in her place in the next verse:

49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

How many fathers does Jesus have now? If I go by your trinitarian belief and what your advocate says, hmm He has 3 fathers. i.e God, Holy Spirit and Joseph.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Ubenedictus(m): 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Mariner, is dat the creed?
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Mariner007: 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Mariner, is dat the creed?

One of many. Please, answer my own questions.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by eaglejay13(m): 5:25am On Feb 12, 2016
Mariner007:

Thank you.

Jesus Himself was baptized based in trinitarian doctrine. As He was being baptized in the river Jordan, the Holy Spirit came down on His Head in the form of a dove, and the voice of the Father was heard from above "This is My Son, in whom I am well pleased".
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by eaglejay13(m): 5:30am On Feb 12, 2016
Mariner007:

Also,

Catholics believe that Mary is a mediator right? As per she intercedes for you? I believe this is one of your many;

THE VIRGIN MARY AS CO-REDEMPTRIX, MEDIATRIX AND ADVOCATE.

You believe she was the mother of God, right?
You believe she resurrected, as per taken up soul and body into heaven?

I just have to prove to you that Mary is and will never be an advocate or a mediator.

When she actually denied the virgin birth in Luke 2

46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us?
behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

Now saying that Jesus Christ was the son of Joseph. SMH!

Tell me how can your mediator or advocate deny the Word? When she clearly knew that the child she was bearing was of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ put her right in her place in the next verse:

49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

How many fathers does Jesus have now? If I go by your trinitarian belief and what your advocate says, hmm He has 3 fathers. i.e God, Holy Spirit and Joseph.

Mary was the very first advocate, because without her, Jesus would not have performed His first miracle the time He did it, the only woman to have changed God's time? Woman,don't you know my time has not yet come" yet He asked the servants to fill their jars to the brim.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by eaglejay13(m): 6:08am On Feb 12, 2016
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yeah ! That's what the Catholic Church gets you , the church is facing an exodus in every part of the continent . There are great bible teaching Churches : The Lord's Chosen , Deeper Life , The Living Faith and some other good ones . I suggest she goes to these three if she she wants her problems solved though .
I should have seen this coming since I jumped into this thread!

Mtchew!
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
Mariner007:

One of many. Please, answer my own questions.
That is not a creed. when u learn what a creed is then i will know u are serious abt a discussion
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by yeanka007: 2:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
oglalasioux:

Good suggestions. Why won't the three churches you mentioned come together in the love of Christ and form one church? Because they will be on each other's juggler over money before long like the Assemblies of God church drama. By the way is it not Lord's Chosen accused of fake miracles? Is it not Deeper Life that asked their people not to use TV but the children of G.O are partying in USA? Is it not Living Faith that built mega universities with tax I mean tithe payers money but their children can't afford it?

You just nailed it my brother

1 Like

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Peritus(m): 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2016
I seek to state this clearly to the distaste of anybody that finds it distasteful.
Though I worship in Catholic Church (I have reasons I still identify with the church yet) but I know for sure that these are not right.
1. Use of images and sculptures. This is purely and entirety wrong. Exodus 20:4, In 2kings 18:4 the Moses' snake used by to bring healing upon the Israelites was destroyed when it was discovered that people have started worshipping it. Don't tell me that you pray tru...when you ascribe powers to it and bow to it. It's in dsame way that our forefathers prayed through stones, trees, sculptures to their gods which they believe manifest or could be reached out to through them, ascribing powers to them.
2. Mary's intercessionary role is just out of place. I don't know where this entered the church from. Jesus established a new covenant with us. Now we ask him directly. He made us worthy even in our unworthiness to reach out to him. So why should we keep him farther by establishing a long railroad of intercession. Read HEBREWS Chapter 9.
3. Again we don't have to ask saints or angels for help if we truly understand their position. Angels don't advice God, they don't intercede, that's not their job, rather, they are messengers.
4. Canonization of saints. Hmmmm. I can't just understand the place of this practice. Who are we to determine those that pleased God and are in heaven, and with whose standard? It's not just a thing for humans.
5. Infallibility of the Pope. I've said this several times. No human deserves the accolade of being infallible at all. Even Peter erred after receiving the Holy Spirit when he played double standard. Paul admitted his weakness and the power of grace in him. John was rebuked when he wanted to bow to an angel that delivered message to him. These show that even our first warriors had their weaknesses as humans. They never assumed the infallibility position.
6. Creating several prayers makes reaching out to God too mechanical. People just keep reciting words without connecting. Some don't even know how to pray to God in the spirit. Some don't know that they can talk to God while driving, walking etc.

Can anybody correct me if I'm wrong. May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
Peritus:
I seek to state this clearly to the distaste of anybody that finds it distasteful.
Though I worship in Catholic Church (I have reasons I still identify with the church yet) but I know for sure that these are not right.
1. Use of images and sculptures. This is purely and entirety wrong. Exodus 20:4, In 2kings 18:4 the Moses' snake used by to bring healing upon the Israelites was destroyed when it was discovered that people have started worshipping it. Don't tell me that you pray tru...when you ascribe powers to it and bow to it. It's in dsame way that our forefathers prayed through stones, trees, sculptures to their gods which they believe manifest or could be reached out to through them, ascribing powers to them.
2. Mary's intercessionary role is just out of place. I don't know where this entered the church from. Jesus established a new covenant with us. Now we ask him directly. He made us worthy even in our unworthiness to reach out to him. So why should we keep him farther by establishing a long railroad of intercession. Read HEBREWS Chapter 9.
3. Again we don't have to ask saints or angels for help if we truly understand their position. Angels don't advice God, they don't intercede, that's not their job, rather, they are messengers.
4. Canonization of saints. Hmmmm. I can't just understand the place of this practice. Who are we to determine those that pleased God and are in heaven, and with whose standard? It's not just a thing for humans.
5. Infallibility of the Pope. I've said this several times. No human deserves the accolade of being infallible at all. Even Peter erred after receiving the Holy Spirit when he played double standard. Paul admitted his weakness and the power of grace in him. John was rebuked when he wanted to bow to an angel that delivered message to him. These show that even our first warriors had their weaknesses as humans. They never assumed the infallibility position.
6. Creating several prayers makes reaching out to God too mechanical. People just keep reciting words without connecting. Some don't even know how to pray to God in the spirit. Some don't know that they can talk to God while driving, walking etc.

I agree! May God help us.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hi sis, i understand how you feel but where will you go to next? I was born a catholic, still a catholic but at a point in time, i lost connection. I was confused, i went to mfm, redeem, ark of God, chosen , christ embassy and so on. Lemme tell you he truth, if you leave, you might end up regretting it. Just try and be conversant with God in the blessed sacrament. I believe you will find the right path again
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
godsluvee:
Hi sis, i understand how you feel but where will you go to next? I was born a catholic, still a catholic but at a point in time, i lost connection. I was confused, i went to mfm, redeem, ark of God, chosen , christ embassy and so on. Lemme tell you he truth, if you leave, you might end up regretting it. Just try and be conversant with God in the blessed sacrament. I believe you will find the right path again
grin you get beta strength sister Mary grin This one sounds like the holy spirit lead me into the wilderness...
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
onyenze123:
grin you get beta strength sister Mary ;This one sounds like the holy spirit lead me into the wilderness...
as in ehn grin grin grin ignorance is a big disease undecided
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
yetseyi:
I need to ask some questions please about what i have observed about the catholic faith that makes me feel they are not following what the bible says.

1. Praying through/ with the rosary ; is it biblical

2. praying in front of those images (I really dont know if they are praying to them but i have seen people kneel in front of them to pray). I feel its idolatry.

3. Praying through saints e.g st Jude or better still saints should intercede for us. I once heared that in a catholic church I thought Jesus was our only mediator according to the bible.

4. why are people almost always being referred to historical books of the catholic church/books apart from the bible when trying to establish facts. I felt the bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.

I have asked these questions in the past fromcatholics and their answers mostly go in the same vein.....Saying how it is in a creed/ some courses/classes they attended or how some books other than the bible have said somethings about it or tellingme the history of how the catholic church became etc. Just a clear answer please.

I have never been a catholic though I ve attended mass before (they made it compulsory in my primary school) and I dont have any intention of being one.

I just need to know how the above relates to christainity, I am curious.
I need concrete answers please

Thank you my sister, tell Dunkum and Gemale. They base their faith on historical teachings that deviates from the word of God.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
godsluvee:

My sister, your answer is in the word of God, seek the Holy Spirit for guidance. It doesn't matter which church you go, just gather with brethren that believe in the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
Peritus:

We are on the same page brother, the fact that they tradition is very old doesn't mean that it is right.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
eaglejay13:
OP, please search for Scott Hahn, and read about his journey of conversion to the Catholic Church.
http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.catholiceducation.org/en/religion-and-philosophy/apologetics/the-scott-hahn-conversion-story.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiY6K6_vPHKAhXnKJoKHSZDBLQQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNGoEbsJydbrZ8j_FoW-W7CoxsltPg

Please search for this thread ' Why I became a satanist?' anybody can decide to change his faith for two reasons:

1. To be lost.
2. To seek the truth(which shall set you free)

YOU decide!
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
eaglejay13:

Mary was the very first advocate, because without her, Jesus would not have performed His first miracle the time He did it, the only woman to have changed God's time? Woman,don't you know my time has not yet come" yet He asked the servants to fill their jars to the brim.

Jesus knew the situation at hand, thats why when Jesus replied Mary, it was boldly written 'Do whatever HE tells you' Even Mary that is probably in heaven wants you to follow Jesus and not Hail her..
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ubenedictus:

The bible had ALWAYS been in existence before the church, why did you think satan tried to use it against Jesus in the temptation. Please read Matthew 4:1-11. They both used the word 'For it is written' and also matthew 4:4 , we should live by every word that come from the mouth of God.

Was there a church during the temptation?
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2016
http://www.bible.ca/cath-why-I-left.htm

The link pasted is a MUST read article.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by dukum: 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Thank you my sister, tell Dunkum and Gemale. They base their faith on historical teachings that deviates from the word of God.

If that's me u re talking about then i dont base my faith in historical teachings,bt rather the word of God.
I don't bother quoting bible verses because like i keep saying we wld go in circles......Evidently we still are.
I only tried to make some of us here who are christains see the irony in attacking the catholic church,using logic and reasoning(didn't help either).
Once again stick to your beliefs and live judgement and the likes to God.
Re: Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church by gemale(m): 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

I don't deviate 4rm d bible. I believe it is d d word of God. I also believe dt d same holy spirit dt inspired d Catholic church 2 compile d bible is still @ work 2day in d teachings of D church. A holy book cant come out of an evil institution. Anyone who believes d Catholic faith is evil shldnt also blv in d bible. Dts double standards. Wt I don't believe is d bible is d sole word of God. D word of God 2 me comprises of D written (scripture), oral (tradition) & constant revelations of God 2 D church dt manifest as doctrine & dogma. D bible didn't exist in d tym of Christ. It was compiled 300 years after Christ so can u say d xtianity practiced b4 d advent of D bible was false? D reason y I'm unashamed of my faith is dt I have left d church b4 bt afta prayers & an earnest search 4 d truth, I was led back 2 D same church I once spurned & scorned. If indeed d Catholic church is evil as u say, she is d least evil amongst denominations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Humblest Man Of God In Nigeria? / Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye / Igbo Names Of THE ALMIGHTY GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.