Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? (32619 Views)

Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Mamman Vatsa In Secondary School Bida.Throwback / Throwback: Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe, Imo State / Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by AbuMikey(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2016
Why was Major-Gen Mamman. Vatsa killed by IBB?

Was He actually Planning a coup?

Was it because He openely condemed the failed Dimka led coup, and so got a Few enemies?

Did He Actually report to Buhari before Traveling to Mecca for Pilgrimage about an impending IBB led Coup, as He was being accused of?

Was it because a Civilian tagged Him "Nigeria's next President" in an aired event?

Why should a Man who had never Participated in any Coup be treated that badly on just mere allegations?

Why was He sentenced to death on the charge of "Conspiracy to Commit Treason", when in Prior cases like that of Chief Awolowo in 1962/63 and Bukar Madara in 1982, attracted a punishment of long Prison sentence?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by Brightology2(m): 11:31am On Jan 04, 2016
I tink d new tyrant of d federal republic should know beta.

Make anybody nor quote me o, because i nor call anybody name.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by 912(m): 11:35am On Jan 04, 2016
you already told us who killed him so the right person to ask this question is IBB.

because if you ask me na who I go ask?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by AbuMikey(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
912:
you already told us who killed him so the right person to ask this question is IBB.

because if you ask me na who I go ask?

But, I'm asking You. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by mallamseifaldin(m): 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
Who is Mamman Vasta..Is he an PDP or APC party member?. abi na kowa party.

Mallam Seif al Din.

5 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by MysticZeus: 9:44am On Jan 05, 2016
Haha...
Most NLders don't know who Mamman Vatsa is or what? shocked

8 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by aieromon(m): 10:31am On Jan 05, 2016
A coup plot was being planned and it is my belief that Vasta unconsciously got involved in the whole thing. From the events that occurred, it was not properly planned(maybe Vasta was being set up by IBB).

As IBB best pal,Vasta should have been commuted to life sentence. Only IBB knows why he killed his best friend.

http://www.gamji.com/nowa/nowa7.htm

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS6168.htm

http://saharareporters.com/2006/07/16/how-babangida-murdered-mamman-vatsa-thenewssaharareporters

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by AbuMikey(m): 6:26pm On May 08, 2016
aieromon:
A coup plot was being planned and it is my belief that Vasta unconsciously got involved in the whole thing. From the events that occurred, it was not properly planned(maybe Vasta was being set up by IBB).

As IBB best pal,Vasta should have been commuted to life sentence. Only IBB knows why he killed his best friend.

http://www.gamji.com/nowa/nowa7.htm

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS6168.htm

http://saharareporters.com/2006/07/16/how-babangida-murdered-mamman-vatsa-thenewssaharareporters

Hmmm
Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by GIYAZZ(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2016
AbuMikey:

Hmmm
Mr man
Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by simi4me(m): 7:50am On May 09, 2016
To send a message ; if i can kill my best friend, then i can kill anyone.

26 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by AbuMikey(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2016
simi4me:
To send a message ; if i can kill my best friend, then i can kill anyone.

Such Evil!

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by gidgiddy: 8:04am On May 09, 2016
IBB was Vatsas childhood friend and classmate. The both joined the Nigerian Army on the same day. IBB was also Vatsas Best man at Vatsas wedding.

IBB once said in interview that he had no regrets executing Vatsa because even if he had commuted Vatsa to life imprisonment, Vatsa would still have been planning a coup from jail. Another thing was that IBB gave Vatsa ample opportunity to desist from coup plotting. IBB openly confronted Vatsa on the rumours that he was planning a coup, Vatsa denied it.

When Vatsa was about to be executed, the last thing he did was to take off his watch and asked that it should be given to his wife.

23 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by simi4me(m): 12:00pm On May 09, 2016
AbuMikey:

Such Evil!

Isn't the heart of man always full of evil?

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by SmithHumble50: 10:44am On May 12, 2016
If u ask me.. Na who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by goodlifehyd1: 10:46am On May 12, 2016
Brightology2:
I tink d new tyrant of d federal republic should know beta.

Make anybody nor quote me o, because i nor call anybody name.

25 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:47am On May 12, 2016
Military is Military cool It's just like a cult game in Universities where the leader is so scared of mutiny even from his trusted pals cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by biz9ja(m): 10:47am On May 12, 2016
How does this affect the price of Fuel?

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by 4nobody4every1: 10:49am On May 12, 2016
sad angry

1 Like

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by hismahillz(m): 10:50am On May 12, 2016
IBB felt he's a threat,he never planned any coup...IBB needed a scape goat n he dediced to use his best friend telling other officers "don't mess with me"

1 Like

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by daniska3yaro(m): 10:50am On May 12, 2016
Historians over to u.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by phayvoursky(m): 10:51am On May 12, 2016
HE WAS PLANNING TO REMOVE SUBSIDY.

MTCHW.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by Lilimax(f): 10:52am On May 12, 2016
Mammam Vasta is gone to be with the Lord.
We that are alive are the ones facing whatever CHANGE we are experiencing.

Abeg make we face the current matter on hand squarely and leave the dead that is no longer
experiencing the untold hardship we are facing embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 12, 2016
??
Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by Lanre01(m): 10:53am On May 12, 2016
Hi
Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by amaben2020(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2016
Mamman Vatsa was a classmate of IBB which automatically made him the next in line systematically to IBB. He tendered his resignation letter to IBB but IBB refused to approve it on the ground that they are best friends. Unknown to Vatsa, the Maradonna was plotting something beyond reasonable doubt. IBB made him FCT minister which was not so powerful at that time but was still scared of Vatsa (Everyone loved Vatsa). IBB was a paranoid man who could eliminate the slightest threat he got from anyone including journalists (Dele Giwa). I'm at the office, to be continued..........

23 Likes

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by epospiky(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2016
subsidy? Gosh
Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by yomalex(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2016
Hmm
Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by Orikinla(m): 10:56am On May 12, 2016
He was a coup plotter.
I liked his children's books.
But his literary legacy has been ignored.
Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by Nobody: 10:56am On May 12, 2016
Babaginda is the best man to answer that question.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by francisbiz: 10:58am On May 12, 2016
OP, you are are an incurrable wailing-Zombie, for posting that. 'Snail wey de die inside fire de tink say een saliva de quench the fire'!
Re: Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? by ORACLE1975(m): 10:59am On May 12, 2016
Big question

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-At-Home In Anambra: Catholic Priest, Sales Rep, NDLEA Operatives Injure / Nnamdi Kanu's Life May Be In Danger; I Hope He Will Show Up Soon – Femi Falana / DSTV Giving Channel 419 To NTA Is Not A Coincidence - Reno Omokri (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.