Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. (37371 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Nexthome Official Complaint Thread / Modern Office Renovation | Nexthome H52 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2016
@ FastShipping, how about if I'd shown you this.

I'm a bit skeptical the way I pass comment on other people's job (whether good or bad). Who knows the owner might be visiting this thread one day.

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 10:54pm On May 05, 2016
n3xt:
@ FastShipping, how about if I'd shown you this.

I'm a bit skeptical the way I pass comment. Who knows the owner may be visiting this thread.

Horrible work I'm seeing here. Whoever did this should lose license to continue working. The drywall itself is fake.

Abysmal.

cc: Dominionng
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 11:00pm On May 05, 2016
FastShipping:

Horrible work I'm seeing here. Whoever did this should lose license to continue working. The drywall itself is fake.

Abysmal.

cc: Dominionng

We love new things in Naija but most artisans or contractors don't even try to upgrade their knowledge.

You were so right and one of the reason why I took the picture is to compare apple with apples when the time comes.

The drywall is not fake but unfit and unsafe for the attic. It's not fire rated. You need at least a 5/8" drywall for attic installations to meet fire rating.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 11:04pm On May 05, 2016
n3xt:

We love new things in Naija but most artisans or contractors don't even try to upgrade.

You were so right and one of the reason why I took the picture is to compare apple with apples when the time comes.

The drywall is not fake but unfit and unsafe for the attic. It's not (fire rated). You need at least a 5/8" drywall for attic installations to meet fire rating.

Take closer look at the shape of the drywalls again. Original drywalls don't fold or bend easily. These drywalls are already cowering in shape.

From experience, these drywalls you displayed here are substandard.

I have some plasterboard work coming up on my project sometime next month and I don't want something like these ones.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 11:23pm On May 05, 2016
FastShipping:

Take closer look at the shape of the drywalls again. Original drywalls don't fold or bend easily. These drywalls are already cowering in shape.

From experience, these drywalls you displayed here are substandard.

I have drywall work coming up on my project sometime next month and I don't want something like these ones.

I agree with you. This is a low quality material. There's drywall, plasterboard and sheetrock. However, if the installation is not perfect, whatever is installed will look like a mess.

The same material is what we used in NextHome H52 and it's not looking as bad. Take a look and you tell us.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 11:32pm On May 05, 2016
n3xt:

I agree with you. This is a low quality material. There's drywall, plasterboard and sheetrock. However, if the installation is not perfect, whatever is installed will look like a mess.

The same material is what we used in NextHome H52 and it's not looking as bad. Take a look and you tell us.

American and European made plasterboards are unmatched.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 11:58pm On May 05, 2016
FastShipping:

American and European made plasterboards are unmatched.

God dey sha. I'm planning to use cement board (backerboards) on some bathroom and exterior areas on my project.

Truth be told, no matter how perfect a rendering can be. It can never be as perfect as using specialized boards for cladding and flooring.

@ FastShipping, these finishers are also here with us. We just need to identify them. Cadwell is currently the best in Naija, they won the 2014 Real Estate Unite’s ‘Developer of the Year’ award.

Checkout what they're currently doing with "Cuddle" on Bourdillon road, Ikoyi designed by Pieach Limited (another Naija's best architecture firm) for the high net worth individuals. Not yet open to the public. It's world class.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by FastShipping: 12:21am On May 06, 2016
n3xt:

God dey sha. I'm planning to use cement board (backerboards) on some bathroom and exterior areas on my project.

Truth be told, no matter how perfect a rendering can be. It can never be as perfect as using specialized boards for cladding and flooring.

@ FastShipping, these finishers are also here with us. We just need to identify them. Cadwell is currently the best in Naija, they won the 2014 Real Estate Unite’s ‘Developer of the Year’ award.

Checkout what they're currently doing with "Cuddle" on Bourdillon road, Ikoyi designed by Pieach Limited (another Naija's best architecture firm) for the high net worth individuals. Not yet open to the public. It's world class.

That is the difference in mentality between the western world and Africa in general. The same Mexicans who built Michael Jordan's mansions were the same one who built three bedroom house of a common man down the streets in the U.S.

Why should certain architects/builders build for some and unable to entertain certain clientele?

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 4:55am On May 06, 2016
FastShipping:

That is the difference in mentality between the western world and Africa in general. The same Mexicans who built Michael Jordan's mansions were the same one who built three bedroom house of a common man down the streets in the U.S.

Why should certain architects/builders build for some and unable to entertain certain clientele?

Have you approached them? And they said "No" The Winner of the Design Company of the year 2014 award designed one of my ongoing project which belongs to a common man (a Nairalander like you) and been built by a small builder.

Just yesterday, I announced the price that screeding is done in the Most prestigious Atlantic City by artisans from all over the world (whether Chinese, Indian, Mexican or African). You can get people there. They're human.

However what I do know is that there are upscale developers in the US and their target market is high net worth individuals.

You didn't care to ask How do I know Cadwell? Read them up on the Internet? Or heard about them through word of mouth? No, I was actually a partaker in one of their project in 2007. That's like a decade ago when I was a nobody in the field.

The only difference is where you're picking your artisan. You won't find them here. You'll see them on houzz.com, skyscrapercity, etc. They don't advertise here and there, those who use their service referred them to each other.

I think it's all about mindset.

Screenshot: Profile page of the designer of K-024 been built by NextHome on Houzz.com

1 Like

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by Dominionng(m): 7:46am On May 06, 2016
n3xt:

The drywall is not fake but unfit and unsafe for the attic. It's not fire rated. You need at least a 5/8" drywall for attic installations to meet fire rating.

It's obvious this drywall is fake!

Standard size of plasterboard meant for drywall should be at least 12mm.

Since getting a straight treated wood in Nigeria is synonymous to finding a virgin prostitute, whoever uses wood for drywall framework should be shot at dawn!

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 8:07am On May 06, 2016
Dominionng:

It's obvious this drywall is fake!

Standard size of plasterboard meant for drywall should be at least 12mm.

Since getting a straight treated wood in Nigeria is synonymous to finding a virgin prostitute, whoever uses wood for drywall framework should be shot at dawn!

If you call it fake bro, no prob. What I see here is a low standard drywall. Very unfit for the project it was used.

It's just like saying fake tiles. It's still a tile. The production is the same but one is high quality while the other is low quality. The same thing applies to plywoods, there's marine board, HDF, MDF and a lot more based on grades and rating and their application differs.
The same thing applies to cement. We have different grades for different applications but what most people do is to just buy what's available.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 2:16pm On May 06, 2016
Shape of things to come | Lounge

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 2:54pm On May 06, 2016
When the award winning designer meet a hot builder...

1 Like

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 3:31pm On May 06, 2016
Shape of things to come | Bedroom for the Dukes & Duchesses

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by Onuokwu: 4:14pm On May 06, 2016
n3xt:
Exposed Ceiling Joist is not unfamiliar with NextHome

We make it happen. There's more to good finishes than the norm.

#Change is Here

To me this represents the best use of stone cladding. My personal choice. I am trying to achieve wow effect with it in some select interior spaces.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 6:23pm On May 06, 2016
Updates

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 6:38pm On May 06, 2016
Onuokwu:

To me this represents the best use of stone cladding. My personal choice. I am trying to achieve wow effect with it in some select interior spaces.

How about this? I don't know if WOW means the same thing to us.

But for me, it's the simple things that matters. I like it simple. I don't like fussy details

In here, we have:

1. Natural Stone wall tiles (12sqm)
2. Grohe Bath
3. Grohe Lineare range bathroom tap
4. Natural Stone mosaic tiles (1.5sqm)
5. Frosted Glass
6. White stones
7. Grohe Essential Authentic Bath Fittings

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by Onuokwu: 6:42pm On May 06, 2016
n3xt:

But for me, it's the simple things that matters. I like it simple. I don't like fussy details

Hmmm...For me simplicity is the ultimate form of style.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 7:11pm On May 06, 2016
Onuokwu:

Hmmm...For me simplicity is the ultimate form of style.

You're a not a big man then. grin grin

Just take a look at the SmartHomes below. Very clean and mature. Don't be surprised it's even cheaper than most of our traditional finishes. No stainless steel rail. No wall bracket abi Wetin electrician dey call the four walls they normal put in all rooms. No crazy POP designs. Yes I mean crazy because I have simple but cool ones to showcase. No colour rioting tiles.

Just clean lines and right proportion. Big man no dey like such minimalist designs. They want everything and anything.

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by Dominionng(m): 11:28pm On May 06, 2016
n3xt:

If you call it fake bro, no prob. What I see here is a low standard drywall. Very unfit for the project it was used.

It's just like saying fake tiles. It's still a tile. The production is the same but one is high quality while the other is low quality. The same thing applies to plywoods, there's marine board, HDF, MDF and a lot more based on grades and rating and their application differs.
The same thing applies to cement. We have different grades for different applications but what most people do is to just buy what's available.

I still insist it's fake Sir! If fake means "an imitation of the genuine product", I think it's the perfect word to use. Aside the dangerous sag Oga Fastshipping spotted, I can spot a fake plasterboard from a distance.

Whatsoever is worth doing at all, is worth doing right.

3 Likes

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 4:40am On May 07, 2016
^^^

Nice. Could be better though.

And I tell you bro, you have it in you. You only need people that will get you on your toes.
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 5:07am On May 07, 2016
@ Dominionng, I've seen the best of interiors in Naija. So it takes time to WOW me.

Checkout AD's interior work in Lekki, Lagos.

The lighting scheme and the cleaniness is all what I want to see. The function. The flow. The connection. The balance. That's what WOW me.

Whether fake or not, the balustrade on the helical sculptural staircase is made using the cheapest balustrade material (an imitation of the original) but I don't really care because it worked.

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by EndiaSami: 7:54am On May 07, 2016
n3xt:

In here, we have:

1. Natural Stone wall tiles (12sqm)
2. Grohe Bath
3. Grohe Lineare range bathroom tap
4. Natural Stone mosaic tiles (1.5sqm)
5. Frosted Glass
6. White stones
7. Grohe Essential Authentic Bath Fittings

You need am?, I get am o ...I min the grohe faucets.... Lol grin
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 8:00am On May 07, 2016
EndiaSami:

You need am?, I get am o ...I min the grohe faucets.... Lol grin

Endiasami, we will definitely get there shortly and I assure you it'll be top grade all through. It all start with PPR pipes and fittings which is already ongoing.

Those are the dictates of my ongoing and upcoming projects. And you know what, we recommend the best at NextHome.

Glad to have you as a supplier partner.

_________
Endiasami - The official supplier of all bathroom fittings and fixtures at The Reserve by NextHome.

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by EndiaSami: 8:20pm On May 07, 2016
n3xt:

Endiasami, we will definitely get there shortly and I assure you it'll be top grade all through. It all start with PPR pipes and fittings which is already ongoing.

Those are the dictates of my ongoing and upcoming projects. And you know what, we recommend the best at NextHome.

Glad to have you as a supplier partner.

_________
Endiasami - The official supplier of all bathroom fittings and fixtures at The Reserve by NextHome.

**takes a Bow**

Thanks boss....for everything
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 9:05pm On May 07, 2016
Ready2Roof | Corrugated Polycarbonate With Optimum Thermal Insulation

Sourcing the right material for top notch construction has never been so easy. Polycarbonate suppliers got me exactly what I wanted for the Atrium, Skylight and Terrace Deck.

Expecting samples from my cladding suppliers.

It's meant to be different.

________
Pic 1: Clear Corrugated Polycarbonate Sheet sample supplied.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 9:22pm On May 07, 2016
Why Corrugated Polycarbonate Sheets?

Aside having a well planned lighting scheme designed by a renown home automation expert for this build, I also need natural lights in specific areas inside the house. And polycarbonate fits the task perfectly when compared with so many other available materials that can be used for the same application (glass, acrylic, WPC board, etc)

Corrugated polycarbonate sheets are self-supporting and lightweight thereby decreasing the total load of the area it was been applied and also requires lesser support thus saving installation cost significantly.

In contrast to glass, flat polycarbonate sheet or WPC clear sheets, corrugated sheet can control and adjust the light transmission by changing the direction of the light with the corrugation, allowing for more sunlight for the plants in the morning and evening.

Pic - Made in Naija Clear Corrugated PVC Sheet faded by UV and harsh weather condition so unfit for this job.

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 4:53am On May 08, 2016
Overhang

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by MysticZeus: 2:26pm On May 08, 2016
Mr Brabus and N3xt , please, do You take Architectural Students on Internship?
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 6:08pm On May 08, 2016
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Pic - Lekki, Lagos NG

1 Like

Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by n3xt(m): 3:16am On May 09, 2016
NextHome: This Week

1. Pre-Slabwork | The Chateau in SilverPoint
2. Ongoing Roofing | Browne Mews
3. Septic Tank Installations | Atlantic View
4. Pent, Roof and More | K-024
5. Groundworks Advances | It's a 3-in-1
6. Plastering | Villa Rosa
Re: Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. by Dominionng(m): 7:04am On May 09, 2016
n3xt:
@ Dominionng, I've seen the best of interiors in Naija. So it takes time to WOW me.

Checkout AD's interior work in Lekki, Lagos.

The lighting scheme and the cleaniness is all what I want to see. The function. The flow. The connection. The balance. That's what WOW me.

Whether fake or not, the balustrade on the helical sculptural staircase is made using the cheapest balustrade material (an imitation of the original) but I don't really care because it worked.

Thanks for the "heads-up" Sir. I am not AD Interiors, neither am I Julius Berger Decorators, am just my humble self taking the world of "Interior decoration" and "Dry Construction" one step at a time, and I believe those pipe dreams will one day be a reality while staying open minded.

How did we get here? I thought the picture was a wood vs steel framework or a China vs European plasterboard. The goal was not to 'WOW' you, you got it all mixed up.

Lastly, the balustrade vs drywall illustration still doesn't flow. Fake balustrade is like me rocking my fake Versace sneakers, it still looks good on me and hurts no one. But a substandard plasterboard is like an Inter-state motorist plying Naija roads with fake Tyres, no one can tell when reality will set in. But definitely, it will!

Those works of yours are coming out good Boss, as I anticipate more beautiful pictures.

Kind regards

Dominion

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Climbs Down A 19-Storey Building To Escape Fire Outbreak (Photos) / Femi Osibona: Lagos Building Collapse Echoes In Ikenne, Ogun State / Exclusive!!! | Twenty Two "2" Bedroom House Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.