Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,029 members, 7,841,911 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution (35249 Views)

"I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What Is Left, When You Stop Thinking ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by yahmohy27: 7:21am On Feb 23, 2018
The best solution is to go and marry
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by IAmAmbrose(m): 7:55am On Feb 23, 2018
ZombieBuster:
Sex is overrated

We don't like sex over here in Banana island grin

yea i get you use banana
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by jaxxy(m): 8:17am On Feb 23, 2018
Safiaaa:
Hmm. How long have you been celibate now?

I was, I'm not rite now. Lol. It wasn't up to a year. Stoped about march last year.
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 23, 2018
jaxxy:

I was, I'm not rite now. Lol. It wasn't up to a year. Stoped about march last year.
smh lool
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:23am On Feb 23, 2018
Dear, those thoughts is and will never be your thought. Those unrighteous thought comes from the tempter and the deceiver.

He fires us with those thought to defy us. If he succeed in getting you to submit, he will now come at you with the thought of guilt to cripple and destroy you completely.

That is the way the devil works.
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by jaxxy(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2018
Safiaaa:
smh lool

Well its makes just lil difference I don't indulge like that tongue
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by Talkingboy: 8:39am On Feb 23, 2018
chai ,,, see as people dey talk about fornictn/aduleetry as a normal thing . I hope y'all know Adultery / Fornication is the No. 3 Major sin . May God save us from Zina .

Wa LA tekrobu zina
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by newslifeop: 10:12am On Feb 23, 2018
Oh
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by newslifeop: 10:14am On Feb 23, 2018
Ohh
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by newslifeop: 10:34am On Feb 23, 2018
Oh
Re: I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution by christ007(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
abrahambest:
Problem - I've been dating the same guy exclusively for close to a year. We both want to remain sexually pure until marriage, and we've talked very openly and honestly about our boundaries. We have a very strong relationship. We pray together, are studying a Christian book together, and are very careful not to go too far physically. The problem is, I find myself thinking about sex a lot. I know it's normal to think about sex sometimes, but I feel like I carry it to the extreme. I feel God telling me over and over to clean up my thought life, but I ignore him because I like the thoughts so much. How, in this sex-crazed society, can a person stay sexually pure? It will be several years before I get married and I don't know how I'll make it that long. Please help me keep my commitment to God and to my boyfriend.

Solution
A. The solution to your problem is simple, but it's not easy. I'm afraid there are no magic formulas. Certain mental tricks can help you some of the time, but no mind game will free you from all temptation. As you know, the only way you can hope to conquer temptation is to have God in your life. To say no to sin, day after day, time after time, you need God to be alive in your heart. Like I said, simple, but not easy.

You sound like you're doing a lot of great things to keep your faith strong. But it doesn't hurt to repeat the ways we get closer to God:

1. Prayer. We need prayer, not just at the moment of temptation, but as a steady conversation throughout the day, every day.

2. Bible. Bible study isn't about finding a few magic verses that will help us resist temptation. We need to seriously read and grow in understanding God's point of view.

3. Church. We go to church to be with God's people and to worship him together. Church is something you can't do alone. After all, the Bible doesn't call the church the body of Christ for nothing. God often reveals himself to us through our relationships with other Christians.

4. Accountability. The fellowship of other Christians is absolutely vital when you're going through a trying time. Anybody who's being tempted as you are needs a prayer partner, somebody who knows all about what's happening. You need a mature Christian friend who will support you and pray with you. You and your boyfriend may even want to get together with a married couple you trust who can help you with other aspects of your relationship as well.

You're right when you say it's normal to think about sex, especially when you're in a serious relationship. It's also normal to struggle to control sexual thoughts and urges until marriage. It's not easy, but neither is training for the Olympics or writing a great novel or raising children or making a good marriage. Good things are difficult. You're waiting for something very good—married sex. It's not easy to wait, but it is possible, with God's help.

Source: http://www.christianitytoday.com/iyf/advice/i-cant-stop-thinking-about-sex.html

cc lalasticlala
I Can see that your family members and village people Are following you on social media lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“I Am Scared To Collect Offerings!" - TB Joshua Talks About Blood Money / Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Nigeria's First Saint Ordained By God! / Pope Francis Bows For Queen Rania Of Jordan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.