Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat (48693 Views)

What Tinubu Told Senators, Rep Members In Lagos Meeting / Femi-Kayode Reacts To Buhari's Media Chat / President Buhari's Media Chat (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by donralph2000(m): 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
Every slave in Nigeria saw that, you are not the only one. Imagine a young man putting his destiny in the hand of Buhari......what a destiny! [/quote]

What is this
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by Orikinla(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
[size=28pt]Anyone calling President Muhammadu Buhari a dullard, is an idiot and should show us what his or her own father achieved at 73!
Even younger Nigerians from certain tribes have similar articulation problems speaking English. And other non-English speaking Presidents of other countries have similar challenges when speaking English.
As long as President Buhari does not have articulation disorder or lisping in his mother tongue of Hausa, he is fine. [/size]

Read NOLLYWOOD MIRRORĀ® Everywhere With Amazon's Free Reading Apps
Follow these easy steps to start reading on your tablet, smartphone, or computer:

Download the Kindle Reading App
https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page?ie=UTF8&ref_=klp_f_win

2 Likes

Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by Bollinger(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
vedaxcool:

Eloquence is NOT EQUAL TO Intelligence, hence if the electorate who should rather focus on the solutions being offered begin to pay attention to spoken English or mouth gymnastics then such an electorate is not intelligent because they fail to grasp what is important.

Nowhere in my post did i say eloquence and intelligence are the same thing. The problem with Nigerians is that they still don't understand what is expected from their leaders or what leadership is for that matter. The ability to carry people along no matter how intelligent you are is paramount. If the people you are trying to lead aren't convinced or don't even understand anything about your intentions you will have problems achieving your objectives. Eloquence is basically communication and persuasion. He keeps saying "i will do this and that", but for some reason he cannot articulate how he intends to achieve these things and no one is asking questions. Intelligence is one thing, but if i am not convinced about how he intends to get things done and how he intends to achieve them, then i am not going to follow him. All great leaders are have been eloquent. Churchill, Eisenhower, Martin luther king, even Awolowo.. This is why they were able to achieve so much in such a short time. Their people understood their intentions and followed unquestionably.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by sunnyolads1(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Sometimes posting rubbish online follow by foolish comments!
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by vedaxcool(m): 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2016
Bollinger:

Nowhere in my post did i say eloquence and intelligence are the same thing. The problem with Nigerians is that they still don't understand what is expected from their leaders or what leadership is for that matter. The ability to carry people along no matter how intelligent you are is paramount. If the people you are trying to lead aren't convinced or don't even understand anything about your intentions you will have problems achieving your objectives. Eloquence is basically communication and persuasion. He keeps saying "i will do this and that", but for some reason he cannot articulate how he intends to achieve these things and no one is asking questions. Intelligence is one thing, but if i am not convinced about how he intends to get things done and how he intends to achieve them, then i am not going to follow him. All great leaders are have been eloquent. Churchill, Eisenhower, Martin luther king, even Awolowo.. This is why they were able to achieve so much in such a short time. Their people understood their intentions and followed unquestionably.

Repeating yourself in 2 different ways is not progress. Re-read if you have to. The point remains intelligence from the prospective of the electorate who should bother not about eloquence but intelligence of what their leadership. Eloquence is naturally designed to decieve. Nigerians voted buhari not for his eloquence but for his strength of character. Adolf Hitler was eloquent and where did he take his people? Let's face what is important the idea or the spin? Intelligent people will choose the idea.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by Bollinger(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2016
vedaxcool:

Repeating yourself in 2 different ways is not progress. Re-read if you have to. The point remains intelligence from the prospective of the electorate who should bother not about eloquence but intelligence of what their leadership. Eloquence is naturally designed to decieve. Nigerians voted buhari not for his eloquence but for his strength of character. Adolf Hitler was eloquent and where did he take his people? Let's face what is important the idea or the spin? Intelligent people will choose the idea.

Seriously? Well fortunately for the rest of the world and Webster's dictionary, eloquence is the ability to persuade through communication. Is he going to change the country by himself? He needs people to understand what his plans are. Without effective communication he might as well go it alone if no one understands his plans. It is because Nigerians are not used to quality leadership which is why anyone can simply be chosen as one.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by fanysteve: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
lanrema:
Mark my word Tinubu and Buhari will fight last
AMEN OOOOOOOO

1 Like

Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by OYAY(m): 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
This is the opinion of a foremost columnist Idowu Akinlotan not the nation editorial;so I see it as mischief to adduce this to Tinubu's The nation. Moreover the write up a call to sit up by the president and his aides!
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by fanysteve: 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
melvinjames:
See Tinubu wailers

lalasticlala come and see Tinubu wailers oh. grin
both TINUBU and BUHARI are dullards , PMB speaks as if there is water in his mouth

1 Like

Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:00am On Jan 05, 2016
ckmayoca:

Bros na hasn't pay not paid.
undecided chai
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by lastmessenger: 7:19am On Jan 05, 2016
your head dey there
Tallesty1:
Even the devil speaks the truth sometimes but it is just to make believe more of his lies in the future.

Truth in the mouth of a lair is a weapon, a marketing strategy that he will use to manipulate you to buy more lies from him in the future.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by vedaxcool(m): 8:13am On Jan 05, 2016
Bollinger:

Seriously? Well fortunately for the rest of the world and Webster's dictionary, eloquence is the ability to persuade through communication. Is he going to change the country by himself? He needs people to understand what his plans are. Without effective communication he might as well go it alone if no one understands his plans. It is because Nigerians are not used to quality leadership which is why anyone can simply be chosen as one.

Unfortunately for you, Webster's dictionary and the rest of the world cannot come and explain my post to you in a way you would better understand my point.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by Bollinger(m): 10:00am On Jan 05, 2016
vedaxcool:

Unfortunately for you, Webster's dictionary and the rest of the world cannot come and explain my post to you in a way you would better understand my point.

It would be impossible to understand a post which is based on emotion rather than facts.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by vedaxcool(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2016
Bollinger:

It would be impossible to understand a post which is based on emotion rather than facts.

I understand you are emotional but please allow reason to prevail.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by Bollinger(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
vedaxcool:

I understand you are emotional but please allow reason to prevail.

You are right. Re evaluate your posts so far and you'll see reason.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by vedaxcool(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bollinger:

You are right. [s] Re evaluate your posts so far and you'll see reason.[/s]

Alright let give you time to reflect grin grin grin grin there is no need getting emotional, it is just NL
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by Bollinger(m): 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
vedaxcool:

[s]Alright let give you time to reflect grin grin grin grin there is no need getting emotional, it is just NL[/s]

Alright let ME give you time to reflect grin grin grin grin there is no need getting emotional, it is just NL

Fixed. And you are welcome grin
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by vedaxcool(m): 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Bollinger:

[s]
Alright let ME give you time to reflect grin grin grin grin there is no need getting emotional, it is just NL

Fixed. And you are welcom[/s]e grin

Awwh I have heard of tears of joy not laughter of defeat buhahaa grin grin grin grin grin grin you must have a weird psychology.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by Bollinger(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
vedaxcool:

Awwh I have heard of tears of joy not laughter of defeat buhahaa grin grin grin grin grin grin you must have a weird psychology.

undecided
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by emi14: 5:50am On Mar 06, 2017
Dbboy:
am sure tinubu is already seeing the monster buhari is becoming.

Both of them are monsters in this context. Why would Tinubu support Buhari's presidency? He talk before he thinks or tinubu endorsed buhari without due consultations and assessments? I wonder how they decided to sacrifice the nation at the altar of tribal sentiments and hatred. We are enjoying the dividends in unison. Obadanjo destroyed his own pdp membership card all for one thing.
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by emi14: 6:19am On Mar 06, 2017
JaredNomak:
The Nation has officially joined wailing wailers association.

This is an unconstitutional abuse on the presidency, Alhaji Bola Tinubu should, with immediate effect, be unlawfully detained- APC, Nairaland.
The Nation is wailing as a media soon Nigeria shall wail as a Nation
Re: What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat by emi14: 6:22am On Mar 06, 2017
Bollinger:

Does Buhari and APC really have plan or plans?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Cannot Afford A Stand-Off With South Africa By Kakanda (Al-jazeera) / Fashola, Wife And Son In A Long Queue In A Polling Unit / Taraba Mega Rally For Peter Obi (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.