Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,230 members, 7,846,091 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

A Wake Up Call To Our Political Tyros (open Letter To All Nigerian Youths) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Wake Up Call To Our Political Tyros (open Letter To All Nigerian Youths) (392 Views)

We Buried Our Political Differences To Discuss Issues Of Yoruba Problems - FFK / Opposition To Buhari, Apc Will Affect Our Political Future – Okorocha Warns Igbo / Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Wake Up Call To Our Political Tyros (open Letter To All Nigerian Youths) by dammygtnet(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
I write this short epistle to reawake we youths from our slumber, we should stop being the instruments in the hands of our politicians. 

For real, I can take up a gun to fight for a politician only on one condition, he will be there with all his children, wife and all his family members with guns as well. 

That will show that he is very committed to the struggle.... LOL 

Can any politician do that in Nigeria? The answer is NO. 

In a sane society, youths are known to the most vibrant clan but the reverse is the case in Nigeria. 

Over 50% we youths that ought to be thinking or even working on how to achieve their lofty dreams are always displaying their mediocrity on social media on daily basis. 

They hurl insults and counter insult on the people in the corridor or power and most annoying, on one another's tribes. 

This to me is a misplaced priority. The dichotomy among the major ethnic groups in Nigeria is unwarranted and uncalled for, 2015 election has come and gone. 

We should dissipate our energies on betterment of our great nation. Some of these leaders started building their political profiles at a very tender age. This will lead me to this question;

"Where did we get it wrong "

Though I'm an advocate of age limitation on social media but when you read profile of some people, you will come to term that it is not about age, but disorientation. 

We should release ourselves from these hoodwinkers. The naked fact is that, we youths are at the receiving end. 

Larger percentage are jobless, but we still pretend as if everything is right. We should stop being stooges in the hands of these 'wicked politicians'. 

I have no apology for referring to them as wicked. The ineluctable truth is that, we are suffering. #SufferingAndSmiling. 

May God bless the late Afro Beat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, he saw all these before hand. 

We should be clamouring a new Nigeria that we will all be proud of. It saddens my heart when I see some posts on social media instigating violence and unrest. 

The most annoying part is that, such people might be using free Mb to browse and some that even subscribed, may get the money for the subscription from their parents....  What a pathetic situation!! 

I didn't write to insult anybody but wrote this based on personal experience. We can't continue to celebrate this quagmire. 

These people that we rhapsodizing  for on daily basis do not feel 5% of what we are facing, yet some of us are bent on dying for them. 

Most of them that are facing trials are be haunted by their past political reckless life they lived while in office, we should stop crying more than the bereaved. 

The live in superfluity, yet the have-nots and downtrodden continue to wallow in abject poverty. 

If you are supporting the people that are standing trials in the botched arms deal #DasukiGate blindfoldedly, please visit the IDP camps or better still Google search for some pictures of how they are living there. 

I bet it with you, you will have a change of mind. There are a lot of profitable things that you can engage yourself in using social media. 

Permit me to refer to two trending things on Twitter now. The #TyrantBuhari HashTag and gathering of support for Olisa Metuh, PDP’s spokesperson. 

As for the #TyrantBuhari, I have zero interest in the conundrum that it is causing. To me, I see it as an adjective. 

And my quack knowledge of part of speech tells me that is qualifies a noun, so if it qualifies a noun in a proper or improper manner, I don't know because I wasn't taught that one... Chuckles. 

We were in this country when you Google search 'the most stupid President of Nigeria' and a former President's name will appear. 

There was no Tsunamic war then. In a democratic world, there is always an opposition but it the criticisms should be constructive.

Hawkish approach should not be used in solving problems. 

As par the Olisa Metuh's purported trial by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), why not allowing him to defend himself? 

He has children that have benefited immensely from his political office, they can flood the internet in solidarity. 

Some naive that are supporting him that he should not be investigated, some call it political witch-hunt... I have a question for you, can you tell me how much he has given you before now?  Or has he given you job when their party was in power? 

If your answer to the two questions are negative, then think twice. Stop wasting your time on things that may affect you in the future. 

We are all familiar with an hour signee of Barcelona that was fired just because of his tweet 2 years ago. 

Let the law take its course, never preempt it. 

Half a word is enough for the wise.

Thanks for taking your time to read my childish post. 

-PFB 

www.dammygtnet.com @polifocus1

(1) (Reply)

Gej V Pmb / Emperor Buhari, Or Plain Poor Communicator? By Okey Ndibe / Hilarious Tweet From Bayelsa Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.