Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,199 members, 7,811,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed (28933 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Appearance At Aso Rock Villa Mosque Today / HAPPENING NOW!!! IMF Boss, Christine Lagarde At Orji Uzor Kalu's Mansion (pics) / Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by stephenduru: 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari today met with the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Mrs Christine Lagarde during an audience with IMF Team at the State in Abuja.

President Muhammadu Buhari said Tuesday in Abuja that his administration will look inwards, enforce regulations to stop financial leakages and adopt global best practices in generating more revenue to mitigate the effect of dwindling oil prices on the Nigerian economy.

Receiving the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Ms Christine Lagarde at the Presidential Villa, President Buhari said that his administration will also enforce greater discipline, probity and accountability in all revenue generating agencies of the Federal Government.

"We have just come out of budget discussions after many weeks of taking into consideration the many needs of the country, and the down turn of the economy with falling oil prices and the negative economic forecasts.

"We are working very hard and with the budget as our way forward, we will do our best to ensure that our country survives the current economic downturn.

"We have also told all heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government that on our watch, they will fully account for all funds that get into their coffers," President Buhari told Ms Lagarde.

The President said that the Federal Government was reviewing its operational costs and had directed all the Ministries, Departments and Agencies to cut down on their overhead costs.
President Buhari said the Federal Government will welcome the technical support and expertise of the IMF for its plans to diversify the Nigerian economy and further unleash its growth potentials.

In her remarks, Ms Lagarde said that the IMF will be willing to assist the Federal Government in plugging revenue leakages, tracing stolen funds and restructuring its tax system.
She said that Nigeria had all the potentials to overcome the current economic challenge of falling commodity prices without resorting to the IMF for financial support.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
January 5, 2016

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/01/photos-of-imf-boss-with-buhari-at-aso.html

11 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by OgbeifunErom: 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
The best President Nigeria has ever had. We are so lucky to have this man as our leader. Patient, calm, ruthless with corrupt politicians and knows how to pick a good team.

Here is what Lagarde said about the prospects of the Nigerian economy:

Let me be very clear: I’m not here nor is my team here to negotiate a loan with conditionalities, we’re not programming negotiations,” said IMF managing director Christine Lagarde.

“Frankly, given the determination and resilience displayed by the presidency and his team, I don’t see why an IMF programme is going to be needed,” she told reporters in Abuja.

Buhari is just shaming IPOB Youths everyday

God bless Buhari

God bless Nigeria

202 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ok...the press release had 85% FG's plans and 15% IMF's thoughts.

Sai Buhari grin

Where is lalasticlala sef

16 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by ricsman(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2016
that woman
how come nairalanders didn't know u are visiting Nigeria. what's up with nairaland reporters?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Kyase(m): 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
the babe dey crush on Buhari ooo
but I can be her sugar boy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Bevista: 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ms Lagarde said that the IMF will be willing to assist the Federal Government in plugging revenue leakages, tracing stolen funds and restructuring its tax system.
She did not say anything about the loan. Apparently, Baba clearly rejected their ridiculous conditionalities and Austerity rhetoric.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by feedthenation(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
I thought our press say that PMB doesn't shake ladies hands?
But the photo tells a different story.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Abjpikin: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
I expect more details as to what IMF really wants from Nigeria i.e. What is the essence of this working visit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by yahrant140(m): 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
I don't trust IMF.
All that sweet talk do not move me. The powers-that-be in Europe and America supported Buhari's candidacy.
It's not for nothing.
I'm not fooled but Buhari can (and should) say NO!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by omenka(m): 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
Why dafuq was Lagarde ogling at Baba that way in the first pic?? angry

Let her not even THINK about IT oo!!

Baba must be very careful with her oo!! Now I'm beginning to be suspicious of her actual reason for visiting.

Aisha must see this!!angry

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by psucc(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
Two things I am sure are at stake and one is down; Subsidy is gone and naira devaluation is next.

No matter how our FG will play a coverup, time will lay bare their discussion.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by mars123(m): 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Christine Lagarde is star struck.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by ladyF(f): 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nigeria shall be great.

Guess who is here again... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by SincereBigot: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
nice

2 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by unstableaswater: 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Why is it that Hausa Fulani collaborate with IMF to plunge Nigeria into debt that we can never pay?

Instead of investment in our infrastructure and general development, we will keep paying interest on debt that we can never pay.

I still remember the hard work and struggle it took from Obasanjo Administration to get debt forgiveness from the West.

We have again been dragged back by Buhari like IBB and Abacha did, to Borrow money that will end up in private bank accounts.

Money that they will loot.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by thefakestan: 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
I can tell u more, see Bubu shaking a "Woman's hand" firmly!

Kai Nigerians and hypocrisy.

ThefakeStan

6 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by deebsman1(m): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
"We have also told all heads of Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government that on our watch, they will fully account for all funds that get into their coffers," President Buhari told Ms Lagarde." Sai Baba(stealing is now corruption)

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by baralatie(m): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
psucc:
Two things I am sure are at stake and one is down; Subsidy is gone and naira devaluation is next.

No matter how our FG will play a coverup, time will lay bare their discussion.
There are a lot of things required but the budget needs to be reworked and policies!policies!policies and pursuing of clear economic policies!
Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by magicminister: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
chai!

our future is about to be mortgaged

3 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Bitterleafsoup: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
Working hard with a budget that is based on borrowing?
The 95% and ignorance is like nutella and bread.
Even if she is not here for loan as she said why is the meeting closed door without our press?
They should stop it IMF is not a charity organization or a think tank they are here to collect period!

APC claimed they have collected back stolen money and IMF wants a fat payment on the $60 billion already owed, end of story!
IMF read a budget with no repayment plan on debt included and they came to see whats up with they billions, cause they have not been paying they bill.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/183396-nigeria-owes-60-billion-says-osinbajo.html

5 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by deeswagger: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
I am share bubu shared the gala and the booze on their arrival..

Mashali watches for men...

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by A7(m): 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
This woman is tall oo. Chai shocked
Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Kx: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Largade statement would dissapoint all d peeps that Tot she came to town to offer loans with crazy conditionalities,
Pmb dissapointing wailers united since 12ad

9 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by vecman22(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
May God forgive Okonjo Iweala

5 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by jkingx(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
Buhari should beware of IMF. Any deal with IMF is like making a deal with the devil for an empty IOU. It's also wisdom not to provoke them too much. Wisdom!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Teejayphillip(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
Even without borrowing with the amount being receive from our looters,Nigeria can stil do well....

May d almighty Allah keep inspiring this man n impact him more with wisdom,knowledge n understanding to make dis nation d Yankee of our dream

5 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Shortyy(f): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
Every little thing about this man, these åsslickers will def hail.

1 Like

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Baba - Do away with these satanic agents of economic destruction.

Do not be deceived by their greek gifts & smiling faces.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Agimor(m): 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
feedthenation:
I thought our press say that PMB doesn't shake ladies hands?
But the photo tells a different story.

He shakes only white women.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed by alcmene: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
All i could see is a picture of an inglorious black man savoring and romanticizing the handshake of a white woman.

Buhari is really shy around women.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare Reacts To Funke Olakunrin Murder: Nigeria’s Cup Is Full / Is GEJ Insinuating Obasanjo Killed Murtala Mohammed? / Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.