Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,359 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

What's Happening To Warri? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Happening To Warri? (1949 Views)

Niger Delta Avenger Claims To Have Blown Up NNPC Crude Oil Trunk Line To Warri / Niger-Delta Avengers Blow Up Oil Pipelines To Warri,Kaduna Refineries / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Happening To Warri? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Warri the city in which I was born and I've lived all my life (I've only visited Benin for just a week and port Harcourt for about 2 months), was once a city that was ever booming. With private companies here and there, with Chevron, shell, a working steel company (DSC) and a port. As I was growing up, people wouldn't suffer much and the stealing was just in the middle section of main Warri (iyara, sido, essi layout, avenue etc). Now come to Warri, it's almost as dru as a dessert. The port (npa Warri port) was closed, the steel company (DSC) was closed, even Shell moved out. The reason: influence from external sources(perhaps haters of the city). Please o stealing is now a trending in Warri. Before if you're a thief and you're caught, you'll be burned alive but now thanks to the population of thief's, no more burning. In fact if someone's house is rubbed, you'll hear people saying Warri day hungry. This city that was filled with vibes (an average waferian is a comedian) is now arguably dead. Most youths are now running to other states while more and more companies are been closed. Even the famous effurun garden park has been shut down while a new shoprite (Delta mall) was built opposite is (lacking customers). The only people who go to the mall is to buy something worth about 500 naira and snap all postures of pics inside the mall. Let's not laugh about this. Please if you can, help this city.

Basicnaijaneeds..com.ng

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Warri? by Afam4eva(m): 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
At the end of how day, Warri no dey carry last.
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by Afam4eva(m): 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
At the end of how day, Warri no dey carry last.
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by Adesiji77: 12:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmm...

Cc: kikilove
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 06, 2016
what's there again for the city dwellers absolute nothing. would u rather they wait and die of hunger? An average waffarian is an hustler...

People must survive, I am against the stealing though... All I see is big sharks in top positions, feeding on our sweats...

Hopefully, the once lively city will bounce back this 2016.
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 06, 2016
kerygalerie:
what's there again for the city dwellers absolute nothing. would u rather they wait and die of hunger? An average waffarian is an hustler...

People must survive, I am against the stealing though... All I see is big sharks in top positions, feeding on our sweats...

Hopefully, the once lively city will bounce back this 2016.
make we just day hope. But why you feel so?
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by obailala(m): 1:07am On Jan 06, 2016
Elijahrona2:
Warri the city in which I was born and I've lived all my life (I've only visited Benin for just a week and port Harcourt for about 2 months), was once a city that was ever booming. With private companies here and there, with Chevron, shell, a working steel company (DSC) and a port. As I was growing up, people wouldn't suffer much and the stealing was just in the middle section of main Warri (iyara, sido, essi layout, avenue etc). Now come to Warri, it's almost as dru as a dessert. The port (npa Warri port) was closed, the steel company (DSC) was closed, even Shell moved out. The reason: influence from external sources(perhaps haters of the city). Please o stealing is now a trending in Warri. Before if you're a thief and you're caught, you'll be burned alive but now thanks to the population of thief's, no more burning. In fact if someone's house is rubbed, you'll hear people saying Warri day hungry. This city that was filled with vibes (an average waferian is a comedian) is now arguably dead. Most youths are now running to other states while more and more companies are been closed. Even the famous effurun garden park has been shut down while a new shoprite (Delta mall) was built opposite is (lacking customers). The only people who go to the mall is to buy something worth about 500 naira and snap all postures of pics inside the mall. Let's not laugh about this. Please if you can, help this city.

Basicnaijaneeds..com.ng
What happened to the city of Warri is a classical case of a vacuum of leadership. Delta state has had no leader since 2007.

The only reason we still have an NNPC (NPDC) office in Benin is because when they wanted to relocate, Gov Adams prevailed seriously on them not to. Similarly, I remember the case of Gov Amaechi of Rivers state prevailing and even blackmailing the management of NLNG to relocate their HQ from Lagos to PH. That is what leaders do for their states.

Few years back when Shell wanted to leave Warri, the first thing Gov Uduaghan did was to rush in with a consortium of his friends to buy off the shell estates, clinic and even the Warri airport from Shell. Anybody who has links with warri knows that Shell was basically the life blood of the city. If only Delta state had a leadership, Shell would never have left. I was in Warri 2 years ago and I wept at what was left of the town.

We really need to stop voting and re-electing imbeciles as leaders.

4 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Warri? by maxti: 3:30am On Jan 06, 2016
obailala:
What happened to the city of Warri is a classical case of a vacuum of leadership. Delta state has had no leader since 2007.

The only reason we still have an NNPC (NPDC) office in Benin is because when they wanted to relocate, Gov Adams prevailed seriously on them not to. Similarly, I remember the case of Gov Amaechi of Rivers state prevailing and even blackmailing the management of NLNG to relocate their HQ from Lagos to PH. That is what leaders do for their states.

Few years back when Shell wanted to leave Warri, the first thing Gov Uduaghan did was to rush in with a consortium of his friends to buy off the shell estates, clinic and even the Warri airport from Shell. Anybody who has links with warri knows that Shell was basically the life blood of the city. If only Delta state had a leadership, Shell would never have left. I was in Warri 2 years ago and I wept at what was left of the town.

Too bad!
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by otokx(m): 3:36am On Jan 06, 2016
obailala:

Delta State politicians are very greedy and short sighted, they have finished the state.
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by mallamseifaldin(m): 6:19am On Jan 06, 2016
Nigerian politians sef.
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by mysteriousman(m): 6:22am On Jan 06, 2016
Where the governor.... a rot doesn't just happen the government has been negligent of its duties and the citizens have failed to tell them to do their job
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by mikolo80: 6:42am On Jan 06, 2016
it's called boom town syndrome the oyel money have finish the town is finished unless they start planting plenty plenty palm oyel
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by Sibrah: 7:00am On Jan 06, 2016
How do you go forward with all the discrimination against outsiders. Yorubas, hausas, foreigners are treated like they are they to enslave locals and you know fully well that in the wider scheme of things they have the power to influence relocation of their organisations. Correct me if I am wrong.
When collection of 'deve' was booming you lot supported it sheepishly due to innate hate of others. Today the 'deve' collecting boiz are unable to 'obtain' the white men as usual and have formed new organised crime units targetted at the locals who hitherto kept quite.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Warri? by pedrilo: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2016
Uduaghan is the culprit
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by GettysBurg: 7:32am On Jan 06, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Basicnaijaneeds..com.ng

Bros, that statement on shoprite na lie!.

Warri Shoprite has consistently been packed full with high value shopping.
Re: What's Happening To Warri? by diegwu01: 8:05am On Jan 06, 2016
Warri may be extinct in the next 3 years except the present government rises to the occasion. Delta State has been plagued by terrible leadersip
80 percent of warri youth depend on what they get as royalties, "deve" from companies, individual businesses, levies or free monies from government to survive, Every young adult is either a Politican or sycophant for a political group. My stay in the city was a terrible experience. No serious company will survive in Warri from the influence of Community youths, or groups, Local government thugs and contractors, Criminals, hoodlums. Development of any kind is not encouraged by the communities as levies, settlements, compensations, community clashes and fights among youth groups, will run any proposed project aground. When i heard Shoprite was in Warri, i predicted a lifespan of 2 years for them..we re still watching. Companies are leaving in droves, Shell, Halliburton, Intels, PanOcean, Schlumberger, Julius Berger and all her affiliated companies, contractors ad sub contractors, even Mr. Biggs is leaving.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Swearing To Destroy Nigeria(video) / Nigeria Is Too Weak To Break, Says Lamido / No To Tyrannical Governors, Yes To Local Government Autonomy (read bold parts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.