Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman (15406 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Still Under Probe –EFCC / $2.1bn Arms Probe: N1trn Found In 4 Ex-service Chiefs’ Accts / Arms: EFCC May Query Sanusi Over $2.2bn Arms Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by eyesofgod: 12:48am On Jan 06, 2016
Fidelis Soriwei, Abuja

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested a German businessman in connection with the ongoing investigation into the $2.1bn arms procured under the Goodluck Jonathan administration and training of security personnel outside the country.

A top operative of the EFCC, who confided in our correspondent on Tuesday, said the German was arrested because investigation linked him to millions of funds meant for security and arms procurement under the immediate-past administration.

The EFCC operative said the German was arrested on Monday last week in Abuja to make clarifications on his role in the arms importation saga and other related issues.

He is still being detained by the commission as of the time of filing this report by 4pm on Tuesday.

It was learnt that he was picked up a week after a serving colonel of the Nigerian Army, who served as the Military Assistant to the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), was invited for questioning in relation to the arms deal.

Operatives investigating the involvement of the German were said to have traced his financial transactions to Belarus, a former Soviet republic, which featured prominently as a theatre of training and related security events during the campaign against Boko Haram under Jonathan.

The source added, “There is this foreigner that is being detained by the EFCC over the arms deal controversy. He has spent over a week in the cell. He was picked up on December 28, 2015 and has been in detention since then.

“He is being detained because he was involved in some of the security deals with the military officer, who is being detained as a result of the same arms issue.

“They paid him a huge sum in dollars but he is believed to have spent a fraction of the money on the training (of troops); so, they are grilling him on how to get the remaining amount from him.”

The EFCC had opened investigation into the training of Nigerian Special Forces in the Eastern European country in November, 2015.

The EFCC task force, constituted to investigate arms procurement under the Jonathan administration is probing how millions of dollars meant for the training of the 750 Special Forces in Belarus and other countries in Eastern Europe were spent.

The operatives are of the opinion that huge amount of funds released for the training contract were not spent on the project.

It was gathered that the former NSA and the top hierarchy of the nation’s security structure came up with a policy to train an elite force, comprising well-trained operatives from the various security forces, to combat the Boko Haram insurgents in 2014.

The beneficiaries, drawn from the Army, the Air Force, the Navy, the Police and the Department of State Services, received training in counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency, handling of different calibre of firearms and grenades among others.

The beneficiaries, who left the country in September, 2014, and arrived in the country in December, 2014, were immediately deployed in various operational fronts in the North East.

Attempts to get the EFCC spokesperson, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, did not succeed as calls to his mobile telephone did not connect as of the time of sending this report.
www.punchng.com/arms-probe-efcc-detains-german-businessman/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by eyesofgod: 1:04am On Jan 06, 2016
As usual a great idea was conceived and funds allocated to execute it but, as usual, the funds were misappropriated.
What will be the lyrics now that a white dude is involved?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by AngryNigerian(m): 1:10am On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by AngryNigerian(m): 1:11am On Jan 06, 2016
...food don come for the #RuleOfLaw advocates...

Mine is, have they confessed? If yes, what are we waiting for!!! Cant action be taken based on that & why did Dasuki stop talking Have they received that kain call?

5 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by TimeManager(m): 1:48am On Jan 06, 2016
Ipob Youths be like Angela Merkel would declare war on Nigeria.. As big as Nigeria is , Gej could not exploit other diplomatic ties available given the excuse of a strained relationship with US as claimed by Gej. Hiring Foreign private contractors and mercenaries to engage in the fight against terrorism without no recourse to the approval from the appropriate authorities in itself is a big slap on the long standing reputation of this country. It therefore beats no imagination how we were treated with disdain under hero fortunato. #fireonbuhari.

The truth has spoken!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 06, 2016
Where is lalasticlala sef undecided

Even German dey sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by bigboss80s(m): 3:26am On Jan 06, 2016
This is getting more interesting

4 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by abduljabbar4(m): 3:40am On Jan 06, 2016
Ipob mentality:

"Germany will soon destroy Nigeria for this"

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 06, 2016
This one na shifting cultivation.

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by bonio: 4:18am On Jan 06, 2016
Why drag IPOB into this German mess? I smell misappropriation here!

4 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by Achuwa1(m): 4:38am On Jan 06, 2016
Efcc has lost focus & direction by arresting anybody they hear or see tht filled visitors note to onsa office during gej regime,,,
Efcc has also lost its respect coz still after catching all the big fish in the dasukigate embezzlement since last yr,they are yet to convict one single person,probably they dont have enough evidence & just disobeying court order coz of pmb instructions...
finally,they should come & arrest me too coz dasukigate bought MTN recharge card of #1,500 for me when i went to his office

7 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by Aufbauh(m): 5:16am On Jan 06, 2016
The Jonathan administration was really a Bazaar government.
All you need to do is just to conjure any proposal and pass it on through one of the top government functionaries to the clueless one and the rest is a story of your glory.
#FireOnBuhari!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by ziccoit: 5:35am On Jan 06, 2016
Let's wait and see if German Authority will write Nigerian Government shouting of her citizen being witch hunted, the development which is common among the corrupt people defenders here whose lives have been mortgaged by the same people they are defending.

Bunch of brainless 1d1ots.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by CecyAdrian(f): 5:41am On Jan 06, 2016
Wailers, shebi Angela Merkel will nuke Nigeria with this act undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 06, 2016
Achuwa1:
Efcc has lost focus & direction by arresting anybody they hear or see tht filled visitors note to onsa office during gej regime,,,
Efcc has also lost its respect coz still after catching all the big fish in the dasukigate embezzlement since last yr,they are yet to convict one single person,probably they dont have enough evidence & just disobeying court order coz of pmb instructions...
finally,they should come & arrest me too coz dasukigate bought MTN recharge card of #1,500 for me when i went to his office
They won't just arrest you if they don't have evidence, remember dokpesi said he received 2b naira from nsa, the nation and the sun returned about 20m naira and even Tony anhene is singing how he shared 260m,that's enough evidence that something is wrong somewhere

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by omenka(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2016
Two days ago, a Wailer (can't remember his moniker) asked that I said "amen" to a prayer if I'm not a hypocrite. He prayed God handles my life the same way Baba is handling Nigeria: hell, I "screamed" a resounding AMEN!!

When I put the same to him, substituting Baba's name with Jonathan's, and asked him to say amen, dude disappeared. He's not responded to this day.

Baba, Omenka supports your course 100%!! Ride roughshod on all them criminals!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by omenka(m): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2016
Good morning High Chief Lalasticlala. Hope you had a splendid night... Errrm, would you mind a cup of coffee?

3 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2016
[size=13pt]I will only take them serious when they arrest GEJ, Linda Ikeji, Andy Ubah, Tompolo, uchemefor of Radio Biafra and other people who shared that arms money. sad[/size]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by NinaTohBadt(f): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2016
angry
Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by BIGTinfotech: 8:19am On Jan 06, 2016
I keep loving PMB daily. So Nigerians know how to do their job before.

'...ko ni da fun iya anybody wey talk say He's not obeying the rule of Law.'

4 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by miqos02(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2016
ok
Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by JaredNomak: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2016
Iran, Germany, who's next?

1 Like

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by Addicted2Women: 8:21am On Jan 06, 2016
I tore my Nigerian passport the very day i got my American citizenship.
Why arrest an innocent business man ??
It's just like arresting a food seller for selling food to an arm robber and the arm robber paid with the money he got from a robbery operation.

The Nigerian high court said Nnamdi KANU was not guilty and should be released from jail immediately but Buhari remanded him in jail, does it mean Nigeria is lawless ?? Oh, i forgot Democracy died the very day Goodluck Jonathan left office.

Nigerian government is just weak.
Let them arrest American citizen and see what happens.

4 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by islandmoon: 8:21am On Jan 06, 2016
Lock him up!! they have been doing that!!
Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by Demmocrats(m): 8:21am On Jan 06, 2016
The source added, “There is this foreigner that is being detained by the EFCC over the arms deal controversy. He has spent over a week in the cell. He was picked up on December 28, 2015 and has been in detention since then.

When was the last time you heard a foreigner was in cell for up to a week.

Sai baba!!! cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by deeswagger: 8:21am On Jan 06, 2016
Using peoples misfortune to make money... Human being gat no conscience walahi...

2 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by JaredNomak: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2016
Buhari should better not play with West Germany grin

3 Likes

Re: Arms Probe: EFCC Detains German Businessman by steffans(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2016
No one should be spared...

That arms deal alone.. Ruined part of our economy and the current dollar situation.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / No Fresh Probe Of Adesina - AfDB Board Rules / El-Rufai: We Know Location Of Terrorists In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.