Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) (68611 Views)

Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) / JTF And Abuja Taxi Drivers Clash This Morning (pictures) / Peter Obi Exercising In Onitsha This Morning- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by smcotty(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2016
Been long I came to mainland, Buh I was surprised to see the very place I do buy clothes and other wears is being demolished, does anybody knw the reason for this? Plus I saw pple being arrested for not using the pedestrian bridge!

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by cutestcee: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2016
Hope the traders were preinformed? To avoid wasting their goods?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by ksstroud: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2016
It has been like this for long... Op do check mainland once in awhile.... grin Ambode is about to start working

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by EternalTruths: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2016
undecided keep watching
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by pointstores(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2016
NIGERIA IS RAVAGED WITH INJUSTICE DAYS ARE NUMBERED

8 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by Realdeals(m): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2016
Ambo ooo
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by baralatie(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2016
shocked
Lord have mercy on your children
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by Ugomba(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2016
Were the owners of demolished shops compensated?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by Demmocrats(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2016
Majority of the shops are owned by Igbos.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by Lovexme(m): 9:51am On Jan 06, 2016
They must have been pre-informed before the demolitions.

I always wonder what goes on in the mind of people who decide to cross an express road while standing under the pedestrian bridge. That's madness.

56 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by demolinka(m): 9:57am On Jan 06, 2016
This change may be long and painful, but I know ur will be worth it at d end

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by fistonati(m): 9:57am On Jan 06, 2016
As long as the people's right is not infringed an its going to bring developments, SO BE IT

WAIT, jest heard it on d news now dt they were moved to another market (owonifaari or so).

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by gwales: 9:59am On Jan 06, 2016
Ambo oooo oooo
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by jemype(m): 10:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Demmocrats:
why are u so tribalistic. They were not owned by igbos even hausas had shops there

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by ninovandross(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2016
Chai, I no go see where to buy game cd again

6 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by Eledan: 10:22am On Jan 06, 2016
Demmocrats:

That is a lie! They are rented to Igbos, just like they are rented to Yorubas and other ethic groups in Nigeria.
You people should stop the persecution complex about issues you know little or nothing about.

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by tubouncen(m): 10:24am On Jan 06, 2016

they were able to demolish the structures because those who own the shops are of the lower class.... that's where all earn their daily bread... How do they want them to survive?
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by dunkem21(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2016
grin Eko oni baje o grin
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 06, 2016
Good move. Area boys oya relocate to yaba left

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by seunny4lif(m): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2016
shocked
Cool
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by scribble: 10:32am On Jan 06, 2016
What that cretin Fashola could not do
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by spinola: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2016
mercurydirect.com.ng

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by 7lives: 11:15am On Jan 06, 2016
pointstores:
NIGERIA IS RAVAGED WITH INJUSTICE DAYS ARE NUMBERED

That market should have been demolished 20 years ago but they bribed their way through, my mother and host of others were not so lucky that time as their shops were demolished by the then military administration.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by 7lives: 11:28am On Jan 06, 2016
Eledan:

That is a lie! They are rented to Igbos, just like they are rented to Yorubas and other ethic groups in Nigeria.
You people should stop the persecution complex about issues you know little or nothing about.

They don't know what they are talking about, the shops in that market belongs to the LASG , the rent is 50 naira for the lock up shops, while the kick lamp is 20 naira and later reviewed upward, the government office is right there in the market so I just walk in with my mum's previous receipt to pay for our shop and we even pay on monthly basis.
Most owners had probably sold the few surviving shops to the current occupant after the first demolition exercise, out of fear that LASG will eventually demolish the market.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by princemillla(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2016
jemype:
why are u so tribalistic. They were not owned by igbos even hausas had shops there

U r right. Those Hausa that sells n repair wrist watch.
But truth b told, igbo dominate the place
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by abumeinben(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2016
If they're planning to install a mega shopping mall, they'd better learn from tejuosho market

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by modath(f): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2016
abumeinben:
If they're planning to install a mega shopping mall, they'd better learn from tejuosho market

Heard 1/2 of tejuosho is unoccupied!!

Serves them right for pricing the shops out of the reach of the traders!!!

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by Hygist: 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
absolute wickedness of the highest order
See All Photos http://www.hygist.com/2016/01/photos-of-oshodi-market-after-it-was-destroyed.html

Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by drizslim(m): 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
Anything goes in Lagos grin
Re: What I Saw In Oshodi This Morning(pictures) by drizslim(m): 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hygist:
a
space booked undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coming To America: Atiku Shows Swag In US (pictured) / Troops Hit Boko Haram Fighters Preparing Meal, Advance To Sambisa [PHOTOS] / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.