Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? (14736 Views)

15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. / Hausa And Yoruba War: Why Are Nairaland Yoruba E-warriors Cold? / Checkout This Cartoon Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War & Why It Wil Reach GEJ(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2016
Please I'm not talking about Lagos, but I know Lagos is in southwest but the rot in other parts of southwest cities will overwhelm that of lagos. Even the rot in most part of Lagos mainland will overwhelm the beauty of Lagos island. Generally southeast is finer than southwest. Even as the war was fought in southeast, its still finer than southwest. Its not a news that cities like owerri and Enugu are finer than any city in southwest, umuahia and awka can comfortably. beat most cities in southwest (excluding probably Lagos, Ibadan and maybe akure).

7 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by 9ijaprince(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by cheruv: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2016
Ole mynd44
Biko bia mechie eri a!! angry
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 10:14am On Jan 06, 2016
cheruv:
Ole mynd44
Biko bia mechie eri a!! angry
maka gini kwanu.

7 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by seunny4lif(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2016
grin
Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by EternalTruths: 10:24am On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
Please I'm not talking about Lagos, but I know Lagos is in southwest but the rot in other parts of southwest cities will overwhelm that of lagos. Even the rot in most part of Lagos mainland will overwhelm the beauty of Lagos island. Generally southeast is finer than southwest. Even as the war was fought in southeast, its still finer than southwest. Its not a news that cities like owerri and Enugu are finer than any city in southwest, umuahia and awka can comfortably. beat most cities in southwest (excluding probably Lagos, Ibadan and maybe akure).

The Eastern economy and the Western economy operate on 2 different economic principle.

While in SW , people strongly and sentimentally want cheaper products without putting into consideration the profit businesses will make, the SE on the other hand do put into consideration such and are therefore willing to pay more

This result to more profit for people who are doing business.

With more money, they are able to afford better standard of living eg better housing. cool

That's the secret of the East. cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by 7footre(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2016
Please what do you hope to achieve with this thread? Stoking d embers of tribalism that is already at an all time high

10 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by crownprince102: 10:27am On Jan 06, 2016
East lost almost everything to war and built new building.

Houses built in the 30s and 40s are still standing in the west.

26 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by mazzi: 10:30am On Jan 06, 2016
;DBecause we igbos don't sit at a place eating ewagoin and fried red oil!

26 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by EternalTruths: 10:30am On Jan 06, 2016
7footre:
Please what do you hope to achieve with this thread? Stroking d embers of tribalism that is already at an all time high

He might be stoking tribalism but turn it for good by bringing up the real reasons. cool

6 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by EternalTruths: 10:31am On Jan 06, 2016
crownprince102:
East lost almost everything to war and built new building.

Houses built in the 30s and 40s are still standing in the west.

Wrong

If you have money, you will build modern homes. cool

7 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by 7footre(m): 10:32am On Jan 06, 2016
EternalTruths:

He might be stoking tribalism but turn it for good by bringing up the real reasons. cool
What good can come outta this thread?

1 Like

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by crownprince102: 10:35am On Jan 06, 2016
EternalTruths:

Wrong

If you have money, you will build modern homes. cool
Most modern homes in Nigeria stands in Lagos and probably abuja.

So what is ur point.

5 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by EternalTruths: 10:35am On Jan 06, 2016
7footre:

What good can come outta this thread?

If we avoid the tribal aspect, we might see other useful reasons that can change our economic view for good .

Look at the reason I gave below.

EternalTruths:

The Eastern economy and the Western economy operate on 2 different economic principle.
While in SW , people strongly and sentimentally want cheaper products without putting into consideration the profit businesses will make, the SE on the other hand do put into consideration such and are therefore willing to pay more
This result in people doing business, making more money.
With more money, they are able to afford better standard of living eg better housing. cool

4 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by 7footre(m): 10:40am On Jan 06, 2016
In your mind, is it possible for everyone who will comment to tow the same path?
I'm from the SE my self but it wasn't of ma own making. I didn't chose to come from the SE and those who are from the SW didn't choose so for themselves. Until we are reasonable enough to have decent conversations without going for each others jugular, it's best we avoid such topics

I commend you for staying on topic, hope you continue so. Cheers
EternalTruths:

If we avoid the tribal aspect, we might see other useful reasons that can change our economic view for good .

Look at the reason I gave below.

11 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 10:41am On Jan 06, 2016
There still lot of old buildings in southeast cities, but the people of southeast are quick at demolishing their old buildings and renovating them. Go to coal camp in Enugu and ugwu nchara in umuhia to confirm this.

8 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by shachris02: 10:43am On Jan 06, 2016
because our spirit as an igboman is never satisfied with mediocrity.
It's the best or nothing. That Why we take over anything we put our minds to.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by stzy(m): 10:46am On Jan 06, 2016
If u are going 2 Abuja 4rm Akure dia's dis town js before u enter Edo state... All I saw there was red 4rm roof 2 d ground d only tin signifying mordern tech is mtn mast at d entrance of d town n d road... Even d cars in d inner red streets reeks of ancient civilization... General west apart 4rm Lag has nt evolved much since d tym of Awolowo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 10:46am On Jan 06, 2016
7footre:
In your mind, is it possible for everyone who will comment to tow the same path?
I'm from the SE my self but it wasn't of ma own making. I didn't chose to come from the SE and those who are from the SW didn't choose so for themselves. Until we are reasonable enough to have decent conversations without going for each others jugular, it's best we avoid such topics

I comment you for staying on topic, hope you continue so. Cheers
its a glaring observation, if you can't comprehend the topic, you can ignore it.

2 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by 7footre(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
its a glaring observation, if you can't comprehend the topic, you can ignore it.
I get you quite alright, what I don't get is the rational behind it

2 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by EternalTruths: 10:50am On Jan 06, 2016
crownprince102:
Most modern homes in Nigeria stands in Lagos and probably abuja.

So what is ur point.

Excluding Lagos Abuja and PH, SE has the highest concentration of modern homes

One of the reasons is listed below

EternalTruths:

This result in people doing business, making more money.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by EternalTruths: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2016
stzy:
If u are going 2 Abuja 4rm Akure dia's dis town js before u enter Edo state... All I saw there was red 4rm roof 2 d ground d only tin signifying mordern tech is mtn mast at d entrance of d town n d road... Even d cars in d inner red streets reeks of ancient civilization... General west apart 4rm Lag has nt evolved much since d tym of Awolowo

One problem facing the West is too much complains placed on government

Yes the government is not playing its role but a person shouldn't use it as an excuse not to succeed.

People should not put all blames on government but they should try to prevail despite bad government. cool

5 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by YoruBanger: 10:58am On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:

Lol. For you mind. cheesy The SouthWest is about 3 times the size of the entire SE -- Oyo state alone is the size of Anambra, Abia, and Imo state combined. Ditto Ogun and Ondo. And even some of our cities are as big as your states in Landmass. We have cities that are centuries old and still standing for posterity. It's no secret that the SE is the smallest and therefore the most densely populated region in the country with serious population pressure challenges, which explains why you all have to migrate out of your enclaves in masses and need to rebuild your leveled buildings after the civil war. How big are 'developed' Aba, Owerri, and Enugu? The developed section of Enugu encompasses but a mere 2 local government out of 17, same applies to Imo state, where Owerri is the only 'developed' town. Aba is nothing to write home about. These 'developed' areas of the SE can't be any bigger than Ikeja in Lagos. #FACT. Ibadan city alone is as big if not bigger than some SE states. I have attached pix of Ohafia in Abia state with brown roofs that make Ibadan's look regal in comparison. Yinmu.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by lolzzzz: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2016
YoruBanger:

Lol. For you mind. cheesy The SouthWest is about 3 times the size of the entire SE -- Oyo state alone is the size of Anambra, Abia, and Imo state combined. Ditto Ogun and Ondo. And even some of our cities are as big as your states in Landmass. We have cities that are centuries old and still standing for posterity. It's no secret that the SE is the smallest and therefore the most densely populated region in the country with serious population pressure challenges, which explains why you all have to migrate out of your enclaves in masses and need to rebuild your level buildings after the civil war. How big are 'developed' Aba, Owerri, and Enugu? The developed section of Enugu encompasses but a mere 2 local government out of 17, same applies to Imo state, where Owerri is the only 'developed' town. Aba is nothing to write home about. These 'developed' areas of the SE can't be any bigger than Ikeja in Lagos. #FACT. Ibadan city alone is as big if not bigger than some SE states. I have attached pix of Ohafia in Abia state with brown roofs that make Ibadan's look regal in comparison. Yinmu.
same way Oyo state is about 8times the size of Lagos.

13 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by crownprince102: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2016
EternalTruths:

why excluding those cities?
PH is not even in the class of lagos and abuja.

Ur reason show the level of ur IQ

9 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by EternalTruths: 11:06am On Jan 06, 2016
crownprince102:

why excluding those cities?

PH is not even in the class of lagos and abuja.

Ur reason show the level of ur IQ

Are you here to insult or learn

Wise people learn while Foolish people insult

I want to believe you belong to the former and not the later. cool

7 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by YoruBanger: 11:09am On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
same way Oyo state is about 8times the size of Lagos.

Yinmu. I dare you to show me any building as grand and ultra modern as these in the entire SE. These are the sort of Ultra-modern apartments popping up all over the nooks and crannies of the SW minus Lagos. We have gone past what you all consider the best in terms of modern architecture. We're way above your league. Yinmu.

8 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by Hafter1: 11:09am On Jan 06, 2016
Since its all about tribalism, lemme call those that will help us post pics of the cursed red mud region. Ibo sabi start wahala.

Cc:
Ebukaobi, Iheabunikechuks

7 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by YoruBanger: 11:13am On Jan 06, 2016
EternalTruths:

I challenge you to show me any SE home/building/mansion that's finer, more modern as these in the SE. Mind you, these aren't in Lagos o.

5 Likes

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by 40oz(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2016
lolzzzz:

Very easy, Because they strive to be second or lower at anything (that's why I assume you're excluding Lagos and Ibadan u know… because no hope)

Since I've answered may I ask why the citizens of these fine fine cities are, trooping daily to ugly rotten SW cities ? Because me I dunno oo

Cc: scholes0

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? by DiademSh07: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2016
stzy:
Are you implying that Akure directly leads to Edo state? LOL!
For the record, all Southwest states capital beats that of the Southeast in every ramifications! Talk about Akure, Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ado-Ekiti and Oshogbo!

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / Lai Mohammed: Nnamdi Kanu Will Get A Fair Trial / Thugs Attack & Brutalise Government Officials In Biu,Borno State(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.