Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians (14741 Views)

“Enough Is Enough” - FG Finally Break Silence On Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / Moghalu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa, Tells Nigerians What To Do / South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by drinoayo: 6:30am On Sep 03, 2019
Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has said that the intervention of the African Union (AU) would be key in ending attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.

Mrs Dabiri-Erewa said this on Twitter in reaction to the latest attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.

She said that although she could not verify most of the videos of the attacks, whatever decisions needed to be taken could only be done at the ministerial level.

“Sad, Reports from South Africa attacking foreigners. I can’t verify most of the videos. However, whatever decisions to be taken now can only be at the ministerial level. AU intervention may be crucial. This is not what we should be doing to ourselves as Africans,” she said on Monday.

President of the Nigeria Union South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, had said that recent attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”

Three persons were killed in the attack while another is still receiving treatment for smoke inhalation.

Olubajo said the police later dispersed the mob and made some arrests.

http://igberetvnews.com/957569/abike-dabiri-seeks-au-intervention-in-xenophobic-attacks-on-nigerians-in-south-africa/

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Realtord43: 6:36am On Sep 03, 2019
sad
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Luvlyna(f): 6:39am On Sep 03, 2019
Do you know why SA can confidently do the sh*t they do, it's because they've seen a country so divided among themselves internally that they can barely stay united and speak with one voice against foreign attacks.
And to think some retards here on nairaland are saying the Nigerians there are just from a particular tribe, shows how low we've gone as a country. As a matter of fact, Nigeria can no longer be called a country if a fellow countryman can say sh*t about his own countryman in the full view of other nationals.
Nigeria will continue to be volatile to foreign attacks in other countries if we continue to be disunited. The world is watching, let the retards, tribalists and olodos take note of that

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by GoldChest(m): 6:47am On Sep 03, 2019
And Buhari is yet to make a statement on these matter .

Does he even care ?

14 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by MRsettingz: 6:55am On Sep 03, 2019
Nigerians always suffering both home and away

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by anyimontana(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2019
Like say u just dey wakeup from coma...welcomebk

Presidency never make public statement up till now,

Bubu will be like,wetin consign me,Nigerian cow no dey S.A

14 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2019
This woman have been clueless since day one. it isn't by talking tough or acting tough, it is being tough. You have their installments here, you could hold on to it and ask their people to leave also.
Not always running cap in hand with ur tails BTW ur legs

15 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Obaakran: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2019
na now ur own day break abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by DrNueLpureHoney: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2019
Issoryt.

My question is this... Why is Mr President silent on this issue? angry

5 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by LibertyRep: 6:58am On Sep 03, 2019
AU may not raise a finger.
Nigeria government needs to act fast and mount pressure.

There is a saying that ' Na madness them they take cure madness'.

16 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by bro4u: 6:59am On Sep 03, 2019
Current Nigerian govt is the most stupid govt to have ever ruled over human beings. #COWARDS. It's this kind of situation that makes someone to love Sani Abacha... AU intervention my as$... Mtcheww.

26 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Pavore9: 6:59am On Sep 03, 2019
Yimu......AU will not do anything, only talk.
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by folks4luv(f): 6:59am On Sep 03, 2019
Fulani herdsmen are killing people within Nigeria, what have we done to stop it? I seriously feel for the victims of the S/A attacks. We don't value our own, others won't too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Melison(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2019
Never seen a president so dumb in history,
God forbid tuehh!

7 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Enwhen(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2019
THIS TRIBALISM IS TIRED OF TRIBAL POLITICS
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Kpako1(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2019
Good one

Meanwhile, if you lost your online Print-out slip for Nigerian Customs Service, Prisons Service, Fire Service, etc.
or
If you need Primary School certificate, Age declaration, State of Origin, Medical certificate, or Medical Report for relocating Corps Members...

Check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5393395/important-documents-get-here#81867573
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by livebyday(m): 7:02am On Sep 03, 2019
Luvlyna:
Do you know why SA can confidently do the sh*t they do, it's because they've seen a country so divided among themselves internally that they can barely stay united and speak with one voice against foreign attacks.
And to think some retards here on nairaland are saying the Nigerians there are just from a particular tribe, shows how low we've gone as a country. As a matter of fact, Nigeria can no longer be called a country if a fellow countryman can say sh*t about his own countryman in the full view of other nationals.
Nigeria will continue to be volatile to foreign attacks in other countries if we continue to be disunited. The world is watching, let the retards, tribalists and olodos take note of that

Exactly

I try to say this repeatedly but to no avail.. I feel for those who will be trapped in Nigeria when the crisis starts but my joy is the laws of mother nature are perfect

It is these very tribalists who will be trapped there when crisis begins

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:02am On Sep 03, 2019
Tell those Nigerians to come back home, they don't want you in their land, abi na by force. 0 pity for anybody they killed.
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by funmike83(f): 7:03am On Sep 03, 2019
Abike tell your pple to come home. Its not a do it die affair or is that bad ni?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by mvem(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2019
pickatyou:
This woman have been clueless since day one. it isn't by talking tough or acting tough, it is being tough. You have their installments here, you could hold on to it and ask their people to leave also.
how will she hold on to their installments, can you please explain?.... and she can't ask south Africans to leave because their own government hasn't done thesame, infact you talk as if she is the president

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by mvem(m): 7:06am On Sep 03, 2019
kenwhawha:
Afonjas were rejoicing a while back because they thought it was only Igbos being killed. I don't know what kind of people are these. Now they have seen their own Afonjas are also being killed even more because largely because they lack numbers and structure to defend themselves like Igbos are doing now. You see Afonjas helplessly running inside bush and government offices to seek refuge but Igbos with their numbers and structure are mounting resistance. Even the Igbos there don't trust afonjas...they might give secret to SA people. It is only when it affects them that they denounce it. If only Igbos...THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN! One Nigeria my foot...stop pretending!
then what about the Hausas there.... A foreigner will read this your post and just keep laughing...Igbo and Afonja ....smh

3 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 03, 2019
mvem:
[s]then what about the Hausas there.... A foreigner will read this your post and just keep laughing...Igbo and Afonja ....smh[/s]
Hyocrites...are you afonjas not asking Igbos to leave Lagos? Are you different from SA people? I hate hypocrisy. I denounce SA people actions, including you afonjas!

7 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by ODUBEZE: 7:09am On Sep 03, 2019
Before she was denying it using diplomacy, now that it is real, she's calling on AU

Shit!
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 03, 2019
mvem:
how will she hold on to their installments, can you please explain?.... and she can't ask south Africans to leave because their own government hasn't done thesame, infact you talk as if she is the president

Don't they have meetings. Being in charge of diaspora matters, if she sits down with other relevant sectors and suggest decision or advise to the dullard up there, he might listen. But like I said she in fact all of them are clueness. she isn't the president yet she is calling on AU. That makes her call DOA.
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by mvem(m): 7:11am On Sep 03, 2019
kenwhawha:

Hyocrites...are you afonjas not asking Igbos to leave Lagos? Are you different from SA people? I hate hypocrisy. I denounce SA people actions, including you afonjas!
I stay in the north so I dont know what you talk about...it seems this afonja is your nemesis or something

7 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by brainhgeek(m): 7:13am On Sep 03, 2019
Abike, this shoe big pass you o
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Meti99(m): 7:15am On Sep 03, 2019
gr
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by cydophobia(m): 7:15am On Sep 03, 2019
Oga I be Igbo.This your post no make any sense at all. This is a serious issue why not think like a sane person for once.

kenwhawha:
Afonjas were rejoicing a while back because they thought it was only Igbos being killed. I don't know what kind of people are these. Now they have seen their own Afonjas are also being killed even more because largely because they lack numbers and structure to defend themselves like Igbos are doing now. You see Afonjas helplessly running inside bush and government offices to seek refuge but Igbos with their numbers and structure are mounting resistance. Even the Igbos there don't trust afonjas...they might give secret to SA people. It is only when it affects them that they denounce it. If only Igbos...THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN! One Nigeria my foot...stop pretending!

8 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Iamgrey5(m): 7:16am On Sep 03, 2019
pickatyou:
Does she have the power to do that?
Re: Abike Dabiri Seeks AU Intervention In Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians by Iamgrey5(m): 7:18am On Sep 03, 2019
kenwhawha:
This one has never seen an airport in his life grin

He thinks foreign countries are village square meetings. grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Assistant Police-Commissioner, 29 Officers Killed In Nasarawa Clash / Reuben Abati Lied / SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.