Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" (2055 Views)

Sheriff, Metuh To Stop PDP Convention / Metuh To EFCC: I’d Rather Starve Than Refund N400m / Olisa Metuh To Drag EFCC To Court, Refuses To Eat Or Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by AnnaKareninaFan: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

The National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) , Chief Olisa Metuh who has been detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may be spending the second night in the cell if the directive from President Buhari on his release doesn't scale through before the end of today. As at 7:42pm on 5th January 2016, the day he was arrested, Metuh had written a 2-page statement at the EFCC. The latest report according to a reliable source is that,”The National Legal Adviser of the PDP, Metuh's personal lawyer and one of his brothers was allowed to see him today. Olisa Metuh has insisted he will not make any additional statement and that he is ready to be charged to court." The EFCC is interrogating Metuh over the amount of N1.4billion traced to the account of a company allegedly linked with him.

http://dawntodusknews.com/olisa-metuh-to-efcc-charge-me-to-court-i-wont-write-another-statement/
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
grin
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by rexel99: 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Simple, we are tired of all this social media trial. What an irony, only the members of a particular political party are corrupt.its only a matter of time before buhari starts doing same to his party members that step out of line.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by sugarlady(f): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
stubborn duck

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by Shortyy(f): 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
He's being threatened. If you talk you die
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by TheFreeOne: 9:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
The EFCC/DSS is making mockery of our democracy by arresting before investigation.

Metuh should be charged to court in accordance with the law not media trials.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by dunkem21(m): 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
grin
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by diegwu01: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
He wants them to take him to court immediately grin grin grin grin
Does he know the number of suspects in Nigerian prisons and detention centres waiting to be charged to court runs into tens of Thousands.
He should wait in line, it will get to his turn. Big man Syndrome!!! they want everything to run too smoothly when they re involved

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by BraniacX(m): 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
but Buhari wouldn't dare na! the whole idea is to tarnish names and personalities in the court of public opinion, anyway since he has challenged EFCC to take him to court, attorney general, chief justice omenka should do the needful undecided

funny Buhari can feel he has the powers to order somebody released in the first place, he's obviously arbiter and jury now. #notodictatorship
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by mikolo80: 7:19am On Jan 07, 2016
TheFreeOne:
The EFCC/DSS is making mockery of our democracy by arresting before investigation.

so that the judges can order them to pay 750 k fine ba
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by Jabioro: 7:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Surely Metuh would go to court,he was only in hurry.Let all the sweet evidence be available so that he can work majestically to Kuje prison where be be the next town crier..
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by DropShot: 7:33am On Jan 07, 2016
rexel99:
Simple, we are tired of all this social media trial. What an irony, only the members of a particular political party are corrupt.its only a matter of time before buhari starts doing same to his party members that step out of line.
Where is the media trial?

Did APC participate with PDP in ruling at Federal level between 1999 and 2015?

Borrow yourself some common sense.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by phemmie06(m): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2016
Lol! Bit come to think of it I thought fg denied government involvement in this arrest, but this is something else if truly EFCC is waiting for president before he can be released then it is not a good omen for our democracy
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by DropShot: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2016
TheFreeOne:

DSS/EFCC must have gotten their investigation to about 70/80% completion before they arrest suspects.

Mettuh refusing to write further statements is only making his case worse. EFCC is not your regular police force.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by Opinedecandid(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2016
Under President Buhari, law keepers are serious law breakers.

Only under the APC government.

Where are we headed

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by lincolnj88: 8:05am On Jan 07, 2016
grin this man don dey lie again
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by kutchs: 8:17am On Jan 07, 2016
diegwu01:
Does he know the number of suspects in Nigerian prisons and detention centres waiting to be charged to court runs into tens of Thousands.
He should wait in line, it will get to his turn. Big man Syndrome!!! they want everything to run too smoothly when they re involved
Hear yourself.
Because there are ten of thousands of detainees, Metuh should be kept on detention without trial eh? You guys are getting ridiculous.
Buhari is setting a very bad precedent and you guys are cheering him on.
Remember what goes around comes around.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by Hafter1: 8:38am On Jan 07, 2016
phemmie06:
Lol! Bit come to think of it I thought fg denied government involvement in this arrest, but this is something else if truly EFCC is waiting for president before he can be released then it is not a good omen for our democracy

Bros, dont believe everything you read on blogs. Too many lies flying around.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Wailing wailers will never stop wailing.... just passing bygringringrin
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by chernest2002: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2016
Dictatorship everywhere, release him,don't release him, our president is our judge. This is a real change and fools are enjoying it because they don't know they are heading to destruction, African learned democracy and failed ,now apc of African man is going to China to learn communism, may God save his people from impending terror.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by ApcSucks: 11:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Fullstop oh jare
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by TheFreeOne: 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
mikolo80:
so that the judges can order them to pay 750 k fine ba

DropShot: DSS/EFCC must have gotten their investigation to about 70/80% completion before they arrest suspects.

Mettuh refusing to write further statements is only making his case worse. EFCC is not your regular police force.

Ye advocates of tyranny have been noted. When the monster you support turned full-blown then you will understand the dangers.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by comos: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
AnnaKareninaFan:
By JUMI RHODES

The National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) , Chief Olisa Metuh who has been detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may be spending the second night in the cell if the directive from President Buhari on his release doesn't scale through before the end of today. As at 7:42pm on 5th January 2016, the day he was arrested, Metuh had written a 2-page statement at the EFCC. The latest report according to a reliable source is that,”The National Legal Adviser of the PDP, Metuh's personal lawyer and one of his brothers was allowed to see him today. Olisa Metuh has insisted he will not make any additional statement and that he is ready to be charged to court." The EFCC is interrogating Metuh over the amount of N1.4billion traced to the account of a company allegedly linked with him.

http://dawntodusknews.com/olisa-metuh-to-efcc-charge-me-to-court-i-wont-write-another-statement/

It seems metuh was arrested because of buhari / Bayelsa election, not actually $2.1b arms money.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by bros12345: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
You cannot detain a suspect for more than 48 hours without taking him to court.

BTW, the EFCC/DSS are mesmerizing Buhari's administration.

Next in line is Fayose, Fani Kayode, Mimiko, Wike, and other PDP men.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by comos: 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
bros12345:

our democracy is been destroy yet some youth are sentimentally blinded.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by mikolo80: 2:22am On Jan 08, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Ye advocates of tyranny have been noted. When the monster you support turned full-blown then you will understand the dangers.

what danger
we endured tyranny for 66 yrs and prevailed
if Buhari pass him boundary
another tinubu will rise up to put him in check
it happened when he was in unifor
easier now he a civilian
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by mazzi: 2:30am On Jan 08, 2016
diegwu01:
I thought you guys said he stole money? Why are you shy of taking a thief to court? All these corruption allegations are plots to divert the attention of bubu zombies.
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by mazzi: 2:31am On Jan 08, 2016
bros12345:

and after that you grow a double diick? Zombie
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by mazzi: 2:41am On Jan 08, 2016
Where is that man with white hair and the other short man with big eye that called themselves activist? Sonyika at your old you are more required to stand against impunity and lawlessness!

Am sorry you acted as the campaign manager to buhari during last election now you lack the moral to condemn impunity

Olisa agbakoba have you also sold you conscience?

Ohhhhhhhh! A country that lacks activists is bound to succumb to dictatorship and tyranny!
Re: Olisa Metuh To EFCC: "Charge Me To Court, I Won't Write Another Statement" by Vicadonis(m): 4:47am On Jan 08, 2016
Chief wailer goes to jail

(1) (Reply)

Document Indicts Rotimi Amaechi Over N96 Billion Corruption / Diezani Refund 90 Billion Dollar To Nigerian Government – CNN / Guess Who Visited Goodluck Jonathan In Otuoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.