Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out (5795 Views)

Soldiers Cry..what D Junior Rank In Army Goes Through / Nigerians: We Don't Live In Paradise And We Know It / Nigerian Soldiers Cry Out "Save Us Before Our Leaders Kill Us" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out by tsdarkside(m): 1:51am On Jan 08, 2016
boluwatife66:
Editor’s note: A Nigerian army soldier headquarted in Maiduguri, who does not want to disclose his personality, came up with a warning letter to the Nigerian government. He brought forward eight crucial questions the Muhammadu Buhari administration should provide answers to by the end of January, otherwise the soldiers promise to organise a large-scale strike to draw the attention of the government to their problems.
We, the soldiers in Maiduguri, are losing patience, and we are planning massive protests in the country by January; then they will know our pains.
Here are the questions we want them to answer.
1. Is the Nigerian army really winning the war against the insurgency?
We are not winning the war against these people, if you will. Come to any location across Maiduguri and interview the soldiers one by one – then you will know the pains we are passing through here. They keep deceiving Nigerians on media, sitting down in Abuja and telling the people what is happening in the theatre. Let them come and stay in these environment.
READ ALSO: Can The Nigerian Army Win The War Against Boko Haram?
READ ALSO: Nigerian Boko Haram Says Military Not Winning War Against Terror
2. Are we really paid our entitlement as the soldiers who fight and die for their nation?
Why has Dambazau, who is now the minister of interior, suspended our allowances: TC allowance and furniture allowance? Why are the navy and the air forces still being paid their money? These questions should be forwarded to Dambazau.
READ ALSO: How Much Nigerian Soldiers Are Paid
3. Are the soldiers really equipped with good weapons to counter insurgents?
Recently some weaponry has been brought, however, most weapons we now use were bought by Goodluck Jonathan, when he postponed the last presidential election for six weeks, and the captured terrain was regained.
4. What are the tactics used in the war?
I must tell you there are no specific tactics being used. Whenever we go for any operation, we just move; most officers are so afraid that they just push the poor soldiers forward for them to remain at the rear.
5. Are we attacking the terrorists, or we are still sitting in ambush, waiting for them?
We are still sitting in ambush. Why is it so? The best form of defence is always attack. We wait for insurgents to attack and kill soldiers for nothing. The officers may lie to us that jet has bombarded the terrorists, and we should only go for mopping up. However, getting there we are likely see them waiting for us 5 km from the camp. There are saboteurs both of the upper and lower rank in the armed forces and the government.
6. Does the president visit the troops or send delegations to boost their morale?
What does President Muhammadu Buhari do to boost the morale of the troops in the war zone? Does he send delegations to visit us? No! He will never do this. Why is it so? Don’t get me wrong: the president is really trying to make sure the war is coming to an end.
READ ALSO: Can Buhari Defeat Boko Haram?
READ ALSO: Nigeria Boko Haram: Militants ‘Technically Defeated’ – Buhari
7. Why do they sentence our fellow colleagues to 10-year imprisonments?
Why those generals stealing billions of naira are still walking and driving all over the country freely? There are the soldiers who were praying for Muhammadu Buhari to win during the last election so that he could at least understand since he was once in the system. Some of these poor soldiers are the bread winners in their families, I must tell you. But look at the outcome now. Where are those who stole the money meant to purchase arms for the troops, where are those who stole $1 billion? I feel that TB Joshua’s prophesy is coming into reality now.
8. How much is the operational allowance paid to the troops?
Why are we not paid our entitlement, even those who fought and died for their fatherland? When their families come to carry the corps, we are the ones to give them money to convey the corps.
They pay us just N30, 000 for an operation. Why do we work like elephants, and eat like ants in this country? Moreover, you will never see the money in two-three months. When we are out of town, our feeding is nothing to write home about. Most commanding officers spend the allowances meant for our colleagues lying in the hospital shot.
Where is the e-payment President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to provide the armed forces with? Let our salaries come directly from the CBN, and then nobody will have a chance to eat our money.
I must tell you the soldiers here are sick and tired of the everyday propaganda. If we don’t see any improvements by the end of January, there will be arrangements to vent our anger. You know what it means when soldiers strike in the country. Those who sit under air conditioners eating our money will see us in full force.https://www.naij.com/685062-nigerian-army-soldier-warns-government-going-strike-january-unless.html

hey,hey,hey-....mister man....you are a soldier...soldiers dont go on strike...that is treason..!!!

nigerian army is not a conference of facebook and twitter....
Re: Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out by leofab(f): 2:31am On Jan 08, 2016
APC

Re: Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out by MicKaro: 8:10am On Jan 08, 2016
zeetyzin:

Exactly...very smart.
I knw nothern soldiers wouldn't be exempted, which makes winning the war difficult..most of em are bloody traitors..
The battle against BH starts internally, flush out the traitors, victory will follow...
But then, most are high ranking officials....and flushing em even bcoms more difficult...
I weep for Nigeria
My brother,don't weep, I believe we would get there,it may take time but we would.
Re: Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out by zeetyzin(m): 9:08am On Jan 08, 2016
MicKaro:

My brother,don't weep, I believe we would get there,it may take time but we would.
Amen o.
But with d way tinz r going, itll take a really long time.
Re: Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out by wadetaw202: 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
disloman:
Bro!I can't cos if you can see them.You need to go back to school.

Empty excuse
Re: Stop Lieing To Nigerians, We Are Not Winning The War- Soldiers Cry Out by ironheart(m): 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Segadem:
I have .marked your face and your monicker grin
one origin and plate of goat meat peper soup for you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Un Approves 10 Biafran Delegates To Attend The Un Conference In Feb. 2017 / FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria / #endsars: Video Of ‘juju’ Men Being Shot At, Bullets Falling Off During Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.