Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking (12865 Views)

How Can I Add My Blog To Alexa Ranking / Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast / Nairaland Most Visited Site In Nigeria Than Facebook.com - Alexa Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by donwise1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice one
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by markpenk: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
There's no need for 10 whole tips. And ranking on Alexa is completely irrelevant. It's just a traffic measuring/website popularity tool. Nothing more. It does absolutely nothing for your search rankings. Just drive a flood of targeted and high quality traffic to your website and that will take care of itself
Mediapace:
Alexa Traffic rank is a rough measure of a website's popularity compared with all other sites on internet taking into account both number of visitors and number of pageviews on each visit.

To improve your alexa rank,these are the things you need:

1.You need a whole lot of traffic :
Traffic is the main source of good Alexa rank,All other points am giving rests on it,it Is good traffic good alexa [vice versa]

2.You need a whole lot of back links :
THERE Is probably nothing you want to do as a webmaster or wapmaster that you don't need backlinks,be it improving your s.e.o.,applying for adsense e.t.c. No exception with alexa too. You need a whole lot of backlinks from other websites to improve your s.e.o.

3.Update your website regularly :
In most site usually at the footer,you will see alexa widgets saying no informations to display. This is because the owner fails to update his/her website for months and if you don't update your site regularly again,your alexa rank will be increasing instead of decreasing

4.Have a nice S.e.o. :
If your contents are always on firstpage of every search engines,your alexa rank will be a very good one. Alexa ranks with S.E.O.

5.You must have a nice domain extension e.g. .com,.org,.net,.ng :
Have you ever seen any websites with subdomain extension having below 1000 Alexa rank,disgusting isn't it? The fact is that most of them are using their hoster Alexa rank,it isn't theirs. You have to get a nice domain extension to improve you alexa rank

6.Make sure you claim your site :
Claiming you site is a very important task,by claiming it,you are showing that you own the site. After claíming,code will be given to you to place in your html page,by claiming alexa bots will crawl your site more than before to give you good alexa rank

7.Place Alexa widget on your site :
Placing the widget on your website improve your s.e.o. As search engines will have your data more quickly And good s.e.o. Improves your Alexa Rank

8.Writting about Alexa as am doing now :
Writting about alexa is the recent research that improves your alexa,you know as you are writting for them,you give them traffic and backlinks,they will also send you unique visitors too !

Webmasters oya add 9&10

source:
http://www.mediapace.wapka.mobi/forum2_theme_112572675.xhtml?tema=6

Conclusion : You may practice all this and may not work,just keep trying.
They are various websites in the world,someone will have to take the 1st!

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Mediapace: 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Why?
JN1:
No. 7 is a pure lie. No. 8 is also not true.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Mediapace: 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
Bro hope you know search engines don't have time to get their own analysis again,they check your Alexa rank and if they did not see,they just estimate it to any bad rank
markpenk:
There's no need for 10 whole tips. And ranking on Alexa is completely irrelevant. It's just a traffic measuring/website popularity tool. Nothing more. It does absolutely nothing for your search rankings. Just drive a flood of targeted and high quality traffic to your website and that will take care of itself
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by qtx(m): 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mediapace:
Alexa Traffic rank is a rough measure of a website's popularity compared with all other sites on internet taking into account both number of visitors and number of pageviews on each visit.

Traffic is the main source of good Alexa rank,All other points am giving rests on it,it Is good traffic good alexa [vice versa]

THERE Is probably nothing you want to do as a webmaster or wapmaster that you don't need backlinks,be it improving your s.e.o.,applying for adsense e.t.c. No exception with alexa too. You need a whole lot of backlinks from other websites to improve your s.e.o.

In most site usually at the footer,you will see alexa widgets saying no informations to display. This is because the owner fails to update his/her website for months and if you don't update your site regularly again,your alexa rank will be increasing instead of decreasing

4.Have a nice S.e.o. :
If your contents are always on firstpage of every search engines,your alexa rank will be a very good one. Alexa ranks with S.E.O.

Have you ever seen any websites with subdomain extension having below 1000 Alexa rank,disgusting isn't it? The fact is that most of them are using their hoster Alexa rank,it isn't theirs. You have to get a nice domain extension to improve you alexa rank

Claiming you site is a very important task,by claiming it,you are showing that you own the site. After claíming,code will be given to you to place in your html page,by claiming alexa bots will crawl your site more than before to give you good alexa rank

Placing the widget on your website improve your s.e.o. As search engines will have your data more quickly And good s.e.o. Improves your Alexa Rank

Writting about alexa is the recent research that improves your alexa,you know as you are writting for them,you give them traffic and backlinks,they will also send you unique visitors too !

Webmasters oya add 9&10

source:

Cc Lalasticlala

OPs, in as much as i appreciate your writeu-up efforts with some of the point being true, others are unfortunately not correct. There are various other germane steps to shoot up your site ranking. Wait a minute, this site [url]robminds.com[/url] is just few months old, am sure you will be scared to see what it ranks on alexa right now. There is more to it than most of those points.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by GreatManBee: 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mediapace:

4.Have a nice S.e.o. :

Webmasters oya add 9&10

source:

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by dav8id(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
emmyw:
But Op, your site don't have a good domain extension? Hope you know that? And there is not Alexa widget on that wapka site(my observations though)

na copy and paste him to do nah grin
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by edupedia: 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
ramalot:
Number 5, 6, 7 and 8 are completely FALSE.

Let's face it, Alexa is a business. They are owned by Amazon, and are more concerned about profits than rankings.

I'll give you an example:

If you have a ranking, say around 3-4 million, then you subscribe to Alexa's advanced metrics plan at $9.99 a month, you will see your ranking go from millions to under 100k within 3 to 4 days.

Do you imagine your traffic has simply exploded overnight? Nope! It's simply that their algorithm favors paid subscribers.
If you doubt it, feel free to pay for one month and see what happens.

They have the ability to offer accurate traffic tracking, but they refuse to do so, except it is paid for.
...very very correct my broda...
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by edupedia: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
M
ramalot:

Let's face it, Alexa is a business. They are owned by Amazon, and are more concerned about profits than rankings.

If you have a ranking, say around 3-4 million, then you subscribe to Alexa's advanced metrics plan at $9.99 a month, you will see your ranking go from millions to under 100k within 3 to 4 days.

Do you imagine your traffic has simply exploded overnight? Nope! It's simply that their algorithm favors paid subscribers.

They have the ability to offer accurate traffic tracking, but they refuse to do so, except it is paid for.
...very very correct my broda...
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by iamjayboss(m): 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mediapace:

4.Have a nice S.e.o. :

Webmasters oya add 9&10

source:

Cc Lalasticlala

Your number 5 is wrong, Linda Ikeji was using dot but was number 10 in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Mediapace: 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hope you read my first point,She get the traffic,traffic above all.
iamjayboss:

Your number 5 is wrong, Linda Ikeji was using dot but was number 10 in nigeria.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Mediapace: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
Whoa,so this Alexa people are already practicing this shit,thanks bro,but did you think people know of this?
ramalot:

Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by AmakaDNB(f): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
idolda:

Can you then explain why nairaland ranks high?
Nairaland is an early bird. Imagine putting a topic that is already on Nairaland in your two months old blog...
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by emmyw(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
dav8id:

na copy and paste him to do nah grin
Seriously.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by OBEYDAMUSIC(m): 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice. Topic. Vist. Musicindustrygist..com. To get your latest gist /events
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by ramalot(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mediapace:
Whoa,so this Alexa people are already practicing this shit,thanks bro,but did you think people know of this?

People will eventually realize that Alexa is not a very accurate or fair tool.

The drastic difference in the rankings of paid vs. non-paid is astounding.

When you pay, you get a metrics code to add to your site which allows the Alexa bot count every visit you get.
However, other sites only have views counted when someone with the Alexa toolbar on their computer visits your site.

This is insane, especially since most sites with Nigerian visitors use mobile phones which of course don't support the toolbar.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
philsss:
My site
www.gistnigerians..com

How can I make it top Alexia Ranking
Lets redesign your blog to a more appealing look
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by EntclassBlog(m): 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
christheair:
So na u get dis site wey i de find de owner baa! Oya make we talk on link building between my site nd urs. 4 my site url check my profile
Hahaha... Lemme crawl ur site with my tools and see if it passes my policies..
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by EntclassBlog(m): 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
christheair:
Add me on whatsapp 08183285846
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Revolva(m): 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
grin grin grin

I ave claimed my site
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by amanikondo: 9:40am On Jan 08, 2016
this is the den of link droppers.

www.weddings.ng
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by qtx(m): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
qtx:

OPs, in as much as i appreciate your writeu-up efforts with some of the point being true, others are unfortunately not correct. There are various other germane steps to shoot up your site ranking. Wait a minute, this site [url]robminds.com[/url] is just few months old, am sure you will be scared to see what it ranks on alexa right now. There is more to it than most of those points.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by xolela: 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
alexa did not show my data for a long time and just out of the blue it showed it and im ranking 1.9 million on this site www.laafriquemedia.biz and i never payed for a advertising ever on this site www.laafriquemedia.biz
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by kennedy45(m): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2016
How can you claim a site? I saw the code but dunno where to implement it www.kennedyclement..com
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by Godmother(f): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
My site www.womeninconnect.com used to rank high in Alexa but not anymore.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by mcqwerty(m): 4:54am On Dec 23, 2017
The easiest way to improve Alexa rankings is to subscribe and claim your site. Next is to create original posts consistently. Use social media and email to boost traffic to your site.
You can also use the services of a good webmaster who will create and execute a rewarding Seo strategy and campaign which would make your website better.

I can assure you your ranking will shoot up considerably to less than 10k if you do the right thing.

If you need help, email me.
Re: 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking by qtx(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
Poster what can you say about this site http://talkinfotech.com ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn How To Design Any Website Without Coding (live On Nairaland!!!) / 7 Truths About SEO That You Wont Be Told Anywhere Else / Hi. I'm Jide Ogunsanya; Owner Of Ogbongeblog.com. Ask Me Anything!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.