Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad (59237 Views)

6 Armoured Cars Arrive Port-Harcourt (Photos) / A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Ambode Commissions Helicopters, Gun Boats, Armoured Personel Carriers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by amanze15(m): 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
As if this bullshit would cross Libyan border when Gaddafi was alive. A lot of this Igirigi crap has been destroyed and even more has been seized by Boko Haram. This is a child's play to the likes of Al-Nusra and ISIS that are running the streets of Libya.
you would definitely strangle a positivist when you see one.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by Efe3: 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
Guyman02:

The conceptualizer was a former Chief of Army Staff of Igbo descent called General Ihejirika who was inspired by what he saw the former Biafran rebels produce during the Nigerian civil war in the late sixties.

Biafran Soldiers not rebels sad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by cytellProperty: 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
obailala:
Yes!!! grin grin grin \cheesy/
We will get there one day.
We've always been hearing that for years.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
amanze15:

you would definitely strangle a positivist when you see one.
I just don't celebrate mediocrity when I see one. Boko Haram has tons of Igirigi in their possession. We are way behind other African countries militarily. Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, Tunisia, Morocco produce better APCs in their military. The Igirigi Armoured Personnel Carrier is the same vehicle that Nigerian soldiers use to for transportation in war zones and the Boko boys still find it easy to ambush them, kill them and seize the vehicle. This APC you are celebrating cannot withstand one locally made rocket attack. Terrorism in Nigeria gives us an opportunity to upgrade our military but the likes of Dasuki are stealing the money and citizens who are supposed to charge the Army up has little knowledge of what the military that is protecting them is all about.
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by obailala(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
cytellProperty:
We've always been hearing that for years.
Yeah, but we still have to keep the hope alive. It will happen one day, and it will not happen gradually, trust me.
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by ElCapone(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
I bet biafrans wld hate seeing this!!!
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by cytellProperty: 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
obailala:
Yeah, but we still have to keep the hope alive. It will happen one day, and it will not happen gradually, trust me.
I like your faith my brother.
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by 100freekiss: 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
DaFlash:
So because "igirigi" is an ibo word that make it ibo product abi.... SMH. what of the U.S "tomahawk" missile, the word tomahawk is a native American weapon does that makes the U.S missile a product of the natives?

WHICH TRIBE IN NIGERIA HAVE THE BRAIN TO MAKE IT , IF NOT IGBOS?

IGBOS BUILT SUCH WEAPONS DURING THE WAR.

So What The F.uck Are You Saying?
U must be from the waste (south/west) , cos una like to twist the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by dlux: 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Is it bullet proof or can withstand heavy bombardment?
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by 4C2215131: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice one!
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by ohenhen1: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Progress
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by sniper77(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Guyman02:
Thats the initiative of Gen Ihejirika approved by GEJ, he was inspired by the achievement of former Biafran rebels during the Nigerian civil war abandoned by successive govts due to tribalism and nepotism

Igirigi is an Igbo word for falling dew.

This product is a tribute to forgotten Biafran scientists and engineers and Nigerian citizens who sacrificed during that ugly war, I visited the War Museum in Umuahia and saw an armoured vehicle engineered by the rebels called 'Red Devil' and wish that the Army will produce another variant called 'red devil or green devil' soon wink

If only Nigeria will combine the technological ingenuity of the Igbos and the software brilliance of Yorubas the country can become potential exporter of finished technological goods. But tribalism seems to be choking us all.

My brother you are so on point. I saw the amoured vehicle and other weapons of war at the museum last year and I wondered why talents were wasted after the civil war. It's over 45years that the war ended and I can only imagine how we would have advanced technologically in weapons development if the government had trained the engineers that designed the armoured vehicles after the war.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by MansaMoussa: 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice move...I expect FG to offer tax breaks to companies like proforce and innoson...to encourage more production.ex

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by Dexema(m): 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
Lilimax:
Igirigi Ngozi- Falling dews of blessings embarassed
Nice name....has so much meaning if that's what the APC is named after, no matter the origin of this innovation I like it. #movingforward
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by Fixryte(m): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
amiskurie:
Good

But not our best

Please tell me where u will end if u start from ur best
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
opiaoku:
[s][/s]

anu ofia cheesy
Anu ofia ewo no grin
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by opiaoku: 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
[s]
seunny4lif:

Anu ofia ewo no grin
[/s]

Nkita lacha gi anya ebea
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
opiaoku:
[s][/s]

Nkita lacha gi anya ebea
Du bist krank ??
Ich weiß nicht
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by opiaoku: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
[s]
seunny4lif:

Du bist krank ??
Ich weiß nicht
[/s]
Nkita lifolu i nsi ebea
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
opiaoku:
[s][/s]
Nkita lifolu i nsi ebea
undecided
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by opiaoku: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
[s]
seunny4lif:

undecided
[/s]

Onye ala
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by watts75: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nigeria: Jonathan Unveils Nigerian-Made Drone
Drone

President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, unveiled the first indigenous unmanned aerial vehicle, UAV, named GULMA, built by the Nigerian Air Force in Kaduna. read more »
-----------------------------------------------
Since the name of the Drone is GULMA and it was built in Kaduna and Gulma is a Hausa word, then the Hausa people can conviently say it's a Northerner ingenuity.

http://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00028002.html
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by banku: 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
That explains why you lost the war, big time!

Like that guy said - park for gutter jor!

100freekiss:

WHICH TRIBE IN NIGERIA HAVE THE BRAIN TO MAKE IT , IF NOT IGBOS?

IGBOS BUILT SUCH WEAPONS DURING THE WAR.

So What The F.uck Are You Saying?
U must be from the waste (south/west) , cos una like to twist the truth
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by OFFICIAL336: 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
uckennety:
Ibos work!@ onitsHa innoson inc!ibos. Can mk it happen igirigi!!!!!meaning scatter!!! Scatter!!!!!
Am also aware that our first indigenous warship, I av forgotten the name again was built by Engineer Kelechi of the Nigerian Military. Those kids av got it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by 100freekiss: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
banku:

Wetin this one dey talk

#Egbon banku , if you want the " igirigi" come and carry it
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by RickyTan: 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
NaijaTalkTown:
I just don't celebrate mediocrity when I see one. Boko Haram has tons of Igirigi in their possession. We are way behind other African countries militarily. Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, Tunisia, Morocco produce better APCs in their military. The Igirigi Armoured Personnel Carrier is the same vehicle that Nigerian soldiers use to for transportation in war zones and the Boko boys still find it easy to ambush them, kill them and seize the vehicle. This APC you are celebrating cannot withstand one locally made rocket attack. Terrorism in Nigeria gives us an opportunity to upgrade our military but the likes of Dasuki are stealing the money and citizens who are supposed to charge the Army up has little knowledge of what the military that is protecting them is all about.

Again opinion is like a**hole every one got one.
Rather than celebrate Nigeria's export you sit there and critique and are just negative.

We are NOT behind the North African countries you mention. Egypt and the rest are there consumed with their own internal security problems. They have their problems and we have ours. Simple.

For me - Nigeria is making progress. The fundamentals are in place.
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by OFFICIAL336: 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
Guyman02:
Thats the initiative of Gen Ihejirika approved by GEJ, he was inspired by the achievement of former Biafran rebels during the Nigerian civil war abandoned by successive govts due to tribalism and nepotism

Igirigi is an Igbo word for falling dew.

This product is a tribute to forgotten Biafran scientists and engineers and Nigerian citizens who sacrificed during that ugly war, I visited the War Museum in Umuahia and saw an armoured vehicle engineered by the rebels called 'Red Devil' and wish that the Army will produce another variant called 'red devil or green devil' soon wink

If only Nigeria will combine the technological ingenuity of the Igbos and the software brilliance of Yorubas the country can become potential exporter of finished technological goods. But tribalism seems to be choking us all.
U are so on point. But will tribalism permit them? The two tribes are just so full of themselves and it is embarrassing how they display that childishness. Yoruba? Igbo? Dog and cat and they av taken it to a level I'll be insultive to children to call childish. Am also aware that NNS Andoni, our first indigenous warship was built by one Engr. Kelechi.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by RickyTan: 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
banku:

If Igbo make am that means it is still Nigerian made. So just allow the guy to wallow in his ethnocentric rubbish
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
RickyTan:

Again opinion is like a**hole every one got one.
Rather than celebrate Nigeria's export you sit there and critique and are just negative.

We are NOT behind the North African countries you mention. Egypt and the rest are there consumed with their own internal security problems. They have their problems and we have ours. Simple.

For me - Nigeria is making progress. The fundamentals are in place.

Indeed opinion is like an a**hole.
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by SSaemoenl(m): 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
You can't take it away from us the IGBOs', We are formidable, give us 5 five years B1afraland will be like Japan. Igirigi Ogu manufacturer
Re: Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad by dragon2(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Images of the NA Igirigi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Charles Oputa, CharlyBoy, In Hospital / Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure / Wike Receives Buhari In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.