Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! (2290 Views)

Army Searches Nnamdi Kanu’s Home For Arms / Nigeria Looks To Russia, Pakistan For Arms, With Continuing US Embargo / Nigeria’s Former NSA In N1.75 Billion Cash-for-arms Fraud-sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Freegift75: 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
Exactly 3pm today, it appeared like comedy when two teenage boys pointed a double barrel pistol at us and carted away all we have at hand including phones, cash and Laptop. Just because we were at the point of replacing the flat tire, he cornered us and robbed even in the broad day light while people were stood looking at the drama.

With all sincerity, if not for the Gun the boy was holding, he was too soft for me to break into two. And supposing it is in a country where personal guns are legalised, someone from afar could have rescued us from the depression.

I'm of the opinion that government should start allowing we citizens to carry licensed firearms. With the rising spate of kidnappings, armed robberies and insurgency in the country, I deem it right time for us all to carry arms.

we should be allowed to defend our selves. The only thing that makes a robber or assassin boldly walk into a citizen's house is because he knows you are not fully armed. If he knows you have a pump action or 12 gauge shotgun in the house, punk would think twice before stepping up to you.

Sierra Leone's parliament has passed a new law legalising the possession and use of arms, ammunition and light weapons by civilians. The law was passed despite unease by some opposition members who are concerned about the timing with elections around the corner.

I appeal to President Buhari and our Lawmakers to pass it into law. A friend in kubwa (Abuja) had to run out of his home after robbers robbed him the fifth time. The last time they came, he called a police patrol and they cut the
line on him severally when he was trying to describe his location.

Please anybody who knows how i can get a licensed firearm should tell me. i'm a responsible citizen and I wont allow myself to be terrorized by a nincompoop just because he carries a gun and I don't.

Barring a few exceptions, most countries in the world allow civilians to purchase firearms subject to certain restrictions. High rates of gun mortality and injury are
often cited as a primary impetus for gun legality and control policies.

I hope it is time for Gun To Be Legalised In Nigeria

www.africareview.com/News/Sierra-Leone-legalises-civilian-use-of-arms-and-light-weapons/-/979180/1469098/-/qfe8syz/-/index.html

2 Likes

Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by quinnboy: 11:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
ok
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by northvietnam(m): 11:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
if that happens that means Naija is a Gunner....

Syria will be better than us....

99% of deaths recorded will be via gun....

if u break a girl heart, u r going down 6fit...

if u get issues with conductor, hmmmmmmmmm...

not even dream of it abeg....

2 Likes

Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by tubouncen(m): 11:49pm On Jan 07, 2016

And let the killings start..... People go dey settle scores like craze
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Segadem(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
op,it will not solve any problem but rather compound them, every dicck, tom and harry who is yet to be employed will become potential armed robbers. Check each country that gun has been legalised and look at the rate of its crime.
USA has the highest rate of crime despite the legalization of guns! grin

2 Likes

Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Nature8(m): 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Your opinion though..
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Horus(m): 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
Bad idea
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by kestolove95(m): 11:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
E no concern mi
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by mikolo80: 5:31am On Jan 08, 2016
Freegift75:

Exactly 3pm today, it appeared like comedy when two teenage boys pointed a double barrel pistol at us and carted away all we have at hand including phones, cash and Laptop. Just because we were at the point of replacing the flat tire, he cornered us and robbed even in the broad day light while people were stood looking at the drama.

With all sincerity, if not for the Gun the boy was holding, he was too soft for me to break into two. And supposing it is in a country where personal guns are legalised, someone from afar could have rescued us from the depression.

I'm of the opinion that government should start allowing we citizens to carry licensed firearms. With the rising spate of kidnappings, armed robberies and insurgency in the country, I deem it right time for us all to carry arms.

we should be allowed to defend our selves. The only thing that makes a robber or assassin boldly walk into a citizen's house is because he knows you are not fully armed. If he knows you have a pump action or 12 gauge shotgun in the house, punk would think twice before stepping up to you.

Sierra Leone's parliament has passed a new law legalising the possession and use of arms, ammunition and light weapons by civilians. The law was passed despite unease by some opposition members who are concerned about the timing with elections around the corner.

I appeal to President Buhari and our Lawmakers to pass it into law. A friend in kubwa (Abuja) had to run out of his home after robbers robbed him the fifth time. The last time they came, he called a police patrol and they cut the
line on him severally when he was trying to describe his location.

Please anybody who knows how i can get a licensed firearm should tell me. i'm a responsible citizen and I wont allow myself to be terrorized by a nincompoop just because he carries a gun and I don't.

Barring a few exceptions, most countries in the world allow civilians to purchase firearms subject to certain restrictions. High rates of gun mortality and injury are
often cited as a primary impetus for gun legality and control policies.

I hope it is time for Gun To Be Legalised In Nigeria

www.africareview.com/News/Sierra-Leone-legalises-civilian-use-of-arms-and-light-weapons/-/979180/1469098/-/qfe8syz/-/index.html
o una eye don de clear now ba
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by mikolo80: 5:33am On Jan 08, 2016
northvietnam:

if u get issues with conduct , hmmmmmmmmm...

cutlass,rat poison, acid, got wataaa full ground ,how many ppl don die. fear mongering.don't worry until they catch you for corner one day and make you fork your daughters ass bfor your eye come down

2 Likes

Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by mikolo80: 5:34am On Jan 08, 2016
tubouncen:
And let the killings start..... People go dey settle scores like craze
why dem no settle am with cutlass. una too de gullible
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by mikolo80: 5:35am On Jan 08, 2016
Segadem:
op,it will not solve any problem but rather compound them, every dicck, tom and harry who is yet to be employed will become potential armed robbers. Check each country that gun has been legalised and look at the rate of its crime.
and potential vigilante and neighbourhood watch go hunt them down, fire for fire or are you a coward

1 Like

Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by mikolo80: 5:35am On Jan 08, 2016
Segadem:
and potential vigilante and neighbourhood watch go hunt them down, fire for fire or are you a coward,don't worry until gay Armed soccer rape you in front of your family
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by mikolo80: 5:37am On Jan 08, 2016
Horus:
Bad idea
very good idea. why create artificial scarcity. the bad guys (robbers, cultists, police, army, dss) already have it, why deprive d rest of you

1 Like

Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by tubouncen(m): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2016
mikolo80:
why dem no settle am with cutlass. una too de gullible

Ask america how they are controlling theirs
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Freegift75: 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
mikolo80:
very good idea. why create artificial scarcity. the bad guys (robbers, cultists, police, army, dss) already have it, why deprive d rest of you

Well said
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Descartes: 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
You can get a licence for one for security purposes although I don't know if you are highly connected in the scheme of things else OYO
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by vedaxcool(m): 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
Unah never chop bellyful na gun you dey talk about, abeg Leave Trash for Lawman
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:11am On Jan 09, 2016
tubouncen:

Ask america how they are controlling theirs
control what. always make full sentences, nobody is toasting you here
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:31am On Jan 09, 2016
northvietnam:

if u get issues with conductor, hmmmmmmmmm...

this is what happens when citizens are unarmed
show me who was settling scores

Earlier today in shoprite Effurun unscrupulous youths numbering more than 70 identified as the suspended boys of a popular local government chairman invaded the mall and carted away with properties worth milllions,goods were also destroyed.A popular plaza at the refinery junction belonging to a serving honorable was not spared as properties belonging to shop owners were either destroyed or massively looted.One of the owners of the shop said,before she came back shemet an eyesore as many of her goods were looted away,and sum of #400,000 was stolen also.At the same plaza a shop owner that deals on wristwatch could not count her loss as the hoodlums destroyed her properties and carted away with her expensive wrist watches,she said she even escaped been raped by one of the hoodlum who had already pulled of his shirt in an attempt To Molest her.Another shop owner at the plaza who happens to be the caretaker lamented his loss as his car was destroyed and money inside his shop stolen by these youths who carried Knifes,cutlasses,daggers and other violent weapons.http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/photos-see-atrocities-youths-committed.html(Quote) (Report)(Like)2 Shares(Share)
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:31am On Jan 09, 2016
Segadem:
I hope this happens to you

Earlier today in shoprite Effurun unscrupulous youths numbering more than 70 identified as the suspended boys of a popular local government chairman invaded the mall and carted away with properties worth milllions,goods were also destroyed.A popular plaza at the refinery junction belonging to a serving honorable was not spared as properties belonging to shop owners were either destroyed or massively looted.One of the owners of the shop said,before she came back shemet an eyesore as many of her goods were looted away,and sum of #400,000 was stolen also.At the same plaza a shop owner that deals on wristwatch could not count her loss as the hoodlums destroyed her properties and carted away with her expensive wrist watches,she said she even escaped been raped by one of the hoodlum who had already pulled of his shirt in an attempt To Molest her.Another shop owner at the plaza who happens to be the caretaker lamented his loss as his car was destroyed and money inside his shop stolen by these youths who carried Knifes,cutlasses,daggers and other violent weapons.http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/photos-see-atrocities-youths-committed.html(Quote) (Report)(Like)2 Shares(Share)
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by fistonati(m): 2:52am On Jan 09, 2016
The weak will become more weaker while d oppressed will stand up to resist em all
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Demmocrats(m): 3:37am On Jan 09, 2016
grin grin
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 09, 2016
@Op, In as much as I feel your pain, I don't subscribe to this your idea.

Not all men can handle the spirit that comes with a sissy gun.

Such laws will bring the so much concealed hate in Nigeria to limelight.

Look at this forum for example, where we are battling each other everyday like cat and rats.angry

Once again, sorry for your loss. Your lives are much more important than those phones and laptops. Shalom

1 Like

Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Freegift75: 6:27am On Jan 09, 2016
SirJeffry:
@Op, In as much as I feel your pain, I don't subscribe to this your idea.

Not all men can handle the spirit that comes with a sissy gun.

Such laws will bring the so much concealed hate in Nigeria to limelight.

Look at this forum for example, where we are battling each other everyday like cat and rats.angry

Once again, sorry for your loss. Your lives are much more important than those phones and laptops. Shalom

Thanks
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 09, 2016
Please, there are some issues we should not even start discussing. Guns that United state are trying to control now and it seems they can't, you want.

Do you think owning a gun will make you safer? No it wouldn't, it will only expose you the injuries, possibly death.

What did you lose in the robbery that you can't replace? You dont know that gun carries a spirit that wants to kill?

Instead, our police should be strenghtened.
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 09, 2016
This is not sufficient reason to allow guns. Just strenghten the authorities and intelligence gathering. Just imagine a scenerio where people had guns and this 70 guys engaged people with guns, do you know how many people will lay dead at the end of the day? America are in deep shit and they can't do anything about it. Apart from boko haram, have you heard of mass shotings in Nigeria? Or two friends are arguing and one brought out a gun, no matter how heated the argument?

[quote author=MIKOLOWISKA post=41799889]this is
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by mysteriousman(m): 6:56am On Jan 09, 2016
Most Nigerians are naturally insane so imagine what it will be like when most people have guns. Better security network is what we need and more manpower, if the police had more people patrolling in sure they would have accidently bumped Into those kids robbing you
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by Freegift75: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
ikwoche:
This is not sufficient reason to allow guns. Just strenghten the authorities and intelligence gathering. Just imagine a scenerio where people had guns and this 70 guys engaged people with guns, do you know how many people will lay dead at the end of the day? America are in deep shit and they can't do anything about it. Apart from boko haram, have you heard of mass shotings in Nigeria? Or two friends are arguing and one brought out a gun, no matter how heated the argument?

Ok
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:31am On Jan 12, 2016
ikwoche:

bottle de forget for people neck and head everyday. only provoked ppl will retaliate. when everybody has guns most will respect themselves cos they know justice will be swift and instant. I can assure you those 70 would not have gone anywhere if they suspected ppl could fight back.
Re: ...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:56am On Jan 12, 2016
ikwoche:

does this look like a country that will strengthen intelligence anytime soon. tyranny more likely. and check so called developed countries with 'rule of law ' and find out how they are tyrannising, their people cos the ppl cannot fight back

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Nsibidi Symbols / Scale Of Prefence - Jonathans First Year Vs. Buharis First Year Of Service / President Buhari To Attend Another World Submit On CONDOM In Croatia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.