Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! (36068 Views)

Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt / Recipe: How To Prepare Obe 'ila Alasepo'; Okra Soup / A Nairalander Cooking Okra Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by seedorfg(m): 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
obe ila pelu eba to le bi apata olumo, thank me later
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by GodblessNig247(m): 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
I love okro soup and this very one looks tantalizing. Pls can u share with me? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Kenshinmunac(m): 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Looks really delicious
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by bardmorz: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
Girls, dis is d only thing dey can do best.
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by sparkleice(f): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
scarletpearl:

my love for cooking allows me experiment any meal, add or subtract, some people believe fresh fish(frozen) is best vegetable okra soup,well I say variety is the spice of life,I have prepared both, can't decide which is sweeter though. smiley

ingredients for turkey okra soup
-okra
-turkey
-dry fish
-cow skin(ponmo)
-cray fish
-pumpkin leave(ugu)
-palm oil
-dry grinded pepper (preferably Cameron pepper,nice scent)
-seasoning
-locust bean (if desired)

method of cooking
wash and grate okra using a grater( I use knife and a chopping board or knife only)
wash,put turkey and dry fish in a pot add salt,onion,curry thyme,Maggi (grate nut meg if u wish,love the smell)
add the dry grinded pepper
allow it to cook for about10mins add palm and cover till the turkey is cooked
add grinded crayfish and locust beans
add cow skin
add okra
add pumpkin leave
allow it to boil for 2 min and its ready.

NB:make sure the quantity of water is not so much, better the soup is thick than to be too watery,you can always add water if its too thick
*the hardness of the cow skin determines the time you would add it. if soft,add it late but if hard, add it to turkey immediately
*same methods with chicken, beef, fresh fish etc
smh.u js know abt it today? Not for gr8 cook like me unto Akwa ibom bbe were I be.there s nothng were I no sabi cook vry good wt african dishes.ds ur soup sef d face nt inviting.I wonder how t will taste like.
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by muller101(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
I hate that soup.
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Emmaesty(f): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
When cooking with palm oil, it's not advisable to add Curry and thyme. it's better with groundnut oil

4 Likes

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by ellahzy(f): 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
panachuku:
Seems this is wat man utd players have been eating hence d draws

I love this grin
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by flokii: 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
scarletpearl are you single or married?

I really need to know cheesy
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Joshrob(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
nice soup but i don't just like okro soup any day..no matter what you use in cooking it,i will not still eat it
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by arusoncd(m): 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
No where for the fart to escape.

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by bidemi12(m): 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
scarletpearl:

my love for cooking allows me experiment any meal, add or subtract, some people believe fresh fish(frozen) is best vegetable okra soup,well I say variety is the spice of life,I have prepared both, can't decide which is sweeter though. smiley

-okra
-turkey
-dry fish
-cow skin(ponmo)
-cray fish
-pumpkin leave(ugu)
-palm oil
-seasoning

method of cooking
wash and grate okra using a grater( I use knife and a chopping board or knife only)
wash,put turkey and dry fish in a pot add salt,onion,curry thyme,Maggi (grate nut meg if u wish,love the smell)
add cow skin
add okra
add pumpkin leave

NB:make sure the quantity of water is not so much, better the soup is thick than to be too watery,you can always add water if its too thick
*the hardness of the cow skin determines the time you would add it. if soft,add it late but if hard, add it to turkey immediately

One tip if you don't mind. If possible, use a blender, set in grind mode to blend the okra. Also put a cube or two of maggie/knoll and a little crayfish in it before you blend it. It comes out better than grating it and also the maggi/knoll mixes well into the core of the soup.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Segadem(m): 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Shehucom:
Nice one OP, but Ewedu still remains my favorite.. Not some kind draw soup you'll need a table knife to divide
hahaha, u funny. grin
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
ipreach:
Click LIKE if you like the soup and SHARE if you dont lik it.

undecided
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by mabeni(m): 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
At least, this recipe will help the likes of misspicy, lalasticala n other nairaland babes who can't make meaningful meal
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by fabulousvera(f): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
scarletpearl:

-okra
-turkey
-dry fish
-cow skin(ponmo)
-cray fish
-pumpkin leave(ugu)
-palm oil
-seasoning

method of cooking
add cow skin
add okra
add pumpkin leave

u said variety is the spice of life, I respect that. u are a good cook no doubt and your soup look nice. but that curry and thyme in soups is a no no for me. I like it natural. just dryfish,
okra crayfish knorr palm oil kpomo/biscuit bone will do the magic for me

4 Likes

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by lasurjunior(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kai now am hungry...
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by northvietnam(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
pooo
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Disneylady(f): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Op I like your cooking style and the food looks good. The presentation is lovely too, but adding curry and thyme in any food other than jollof.....

2 Likes

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by noblegrex: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Its not attracive to me.I love a very slimy,sticky-thick okro(my choice though)+all that ingredent- curry and thyme.this one does not look slimy 'DRAW' to me,and its watery. Nice effort anyways.
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
dominique:
Good one, will try it out soon
... wink wink Come try dis wan first wink wink wink

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Cutehector(m): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
I Dnt like okro soup.. hmmm!
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Shehucom:
Nice one OP, but Ewedu still remains my favorite.. Not some kind draw soup you'll need a table knife to divide
kikiki grin
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Joysmart(f): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Curry, thyme nutmeg inside okra Soup?

Hian!!
O! Chineke

Looks Good though
But I don't think I can bet on the taste

This should be the most unnatural tasting okra Soup ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by GreatManBee: 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
Yummy.
My Okro soup draws a lot. How do I make my okoro soup not to draw too much? I don't like it.

scarletpearl:

-okra
-turkey
-dry fish
-cow skin(ponmo)
-cray fish
-pumpkin leave(ugu)
-palm oil
-seasoning

method of cooking
add cow skin
add okra
add pumpkin leave

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by pero45: 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
Her name is awiri wuche. She is our friend and fellow corper please help her win this facial contest
I haven't asked for this favour to help Vote but I know my first will not get your No answer. Pls click this Link to vote for me pls! https://mobile.facebook.com/zirockent/photos/a.190956941237920.1073741830.121152078218407/215293762137571/?type=3&source=56
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by oshiiteoku: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hia,which kind of recipe is this?cooking okra soup with thyme and curry,abeg op,cook and chop alone,i no dey
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by aolumaxi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Too bad.... me I dnt eat okra
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Mbkite(m): 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
sparkleice:
smh.u js know abt it today? Not for gr8 cook like me unto Akwa ibom bbe were I be.there s nothng were I no sabi cook vry good wt african dishes.ds ur soup sef d face nt inviting.I wonder how t will taste like.
*inferiority*
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by iamaket(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nice one. But this okra will not draw very well now grin
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Emmaesty(f): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
fabulousvera:
u said variety is the spice of life, I respect that. u are a good cook no doubt and your soup look nice. but that curry and thyme in soups is a no no for me. I like it natural. just dryfish,
okra crayfish knorr palm oil kpomo/biscuit bone will do the magic for me
Curry and thyme should never be in Okro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Kills Monkey Ahead Of Christmas Tomorrow, Gets Blasted Online (Photos) / Raw Blood Found In Fish Pepper Soup Sold At An Eatery In Abuja (Photos) / Be Honest, Can You Eat This Yam With 5 Toes? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.