Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together (17286 Views)

Aliko Dangote And Segun Awolowo Pictured In The Billionaire Private Jet / Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Awolowo In A Happy Mood (Throwback Photo) / Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by 4hys: 11:29am On Jan 08, 2016
ok
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Flawlessangel(m): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2016
If only this picture represents the togetherness of nigeria, too bad its not the same today.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Herald47: 11:31am On Jan 08, 2016
Azikiwe:he supported the fg against his people(igbos)during the civil war(the initiator of one nigeria)

Ahmadu bello:he instigated the first hate speech against the igbos.

Awolowo:he introduced politics of tribalism in nigeria.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by AreaFada2: 11:37am On Jan 08, 2016
kaycii1:
zik if only u had played yr card well

Zik was too nationalistic & pan-Africanist to play cards.

He was the only one that originated from East, born in the North and lived in the West. Worked with Herbert Macaulay in politics in Lagos.

Looking back now, despite his great brains, political ideas and skills, he seemed rather naïve.

That's 9ja for you. Cunning people carry the day. Simple, straightforward people lose out.

Awo & Bello put their regions first, Zik put Nigeria first. Until the civil war.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by AreaFada2: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2016
Flawlessangel:
If only this picture represents the togetherness of nigeria, too bad its not the same today.

Even then, it didn't. Except Zik, those leaders had their different agenda. Awo to further empower the West. Bello's was to subjugate other regions under the North, it's on public record.

Zik was in a quandary. One Nigeria that he envisaged looked increasingly fragile. Side with the Igbos and cause further division, or remain nationalistic and appear a traitor to the Igbo people.

But at least, those leaders were still civil, not the agberos of nowadays.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 08, 2016
MotherFuckers
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by breakeven: 11:53am On Jan 08, 2016
Unity of deceit. how could strange bedfellows live together. We would have been betteroff going our separate ways. there would have been better unity and faster development. This idea of waiting for some to catchup before going forward has stalled our growth. Iam sure, if we could wake them up from the grave to see the unity they foistered on us, they would weep and denounce it, especially for Baba Awo and Zik. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by gunpoint(m): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2016
Armaggedon:
nice illustration. Awolowo pretended he loved the regions more than central govt but he wanted federal govt more than anyone else. He only advised zik to stay and develop the east like him out of jelously. He proved it during the civil war and in 1979
And you can hold brief for Awo because....

Ofcos i forget
You are his first son
Anumpanu
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by fr3do(m): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2016
babasade:
When nigeria was happy together before the igbo planned the first coup and killing sir ahmadu bello..and the hausa reacted and they started shouting Biafra..Don't start what you can't finish

It was Major Nzeogwu and his companions that carried the coup, not the entire Igbo race.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2016
when it comes to coup everyone will forget that Nzeogwu was from the Midwest and not east.

hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by jelal007(m): 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
The founding fathers of Nigera's biggest problems: Religious sentiment and Tribal bigotry.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Armaggedon: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
gunpoint:
And you can hold brief for Awo because....

Ofcos i forget You are his first son Anumpanu
did u read my comment well?
Na waa o
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by aycorporat(m): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
The man in the centre wanted to deep the Quran in bar beach sorry Atlantic but for the timely intervention of nzeogwu.

He made sure the man on the left remained in jail so that he could continue his jihad to the whole western region.

The man on the left knew about the plans for the first military coup but kept silent because his enemy was about to be destroyed. If you doubt do a research about The Ifeajuna Manuscript
Your posts are always intelligent and full of insight. Nice one
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Ecoterrorism(f): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
aycorporat:

Your posts are always intelligent and full of insight. Nice one
thanks
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by divine9540: 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
an dats y till date dsouth east don't no who zik is.he was busy speaking English up and down ****
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by TheAlchemist: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
Herald47:
Azikiwe:he supported the fg against his people(igbos)during the civil war(the initiator of one nigeria)

Ahmadu bello:he instigated the first hate speech against the igbos.

Awolowo:he introduced politics of tribalism in nigeria.

politics of triablism beg to disagree... you mean like Awolowo's free education policy for all whether from the north or east.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Arsheda(m): 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
Wouldnt this be a cool picture to have on the Nigerian Currency (Naira)?
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
AreaFada2:

Zik was too nationalistic & pan-Africanist to play cards.

He was the only one that originated from East, born in the North and lived in the West. Worked with Herbert Macaulay in politics in Lagos.

Looking back now, despite his great brains, political ideas and skills, he seemed rather naïve.

That's 9ja for you. Cunning people carry the day. Simple, straightforward people lose out.

Awo & Bello put their regions first, Zik put Nigeria first. Until the civil war.

on point!
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
WIZGUY69:
why azikwe de laugh like roasted goat na
You just a silly little kid. That's Obafemi Awolowo you referring to,on the Sardauna's left.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Zenith21(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
This same set of individuals are those that aided the status of d country at present! If only Zik and awolowo did not encourage the "cross carpeting" issues clouding the then election, we won't get to this stage at all. We don't trust ourselves enough to shout "one nigeria". Shikena
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by samylinks: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
MRLINGTON:
the origin of our problem is that these men did not see themselves as one.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by WIZGUY69(m): 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
[s]
jon1:

You just a silly little kid. That's Obafemi Awolowo you referring to,on the Sardauna's left[/s].

idiot.

I didn't ask you to quote me.
besides, you are the frustrated bastard here.

quote me again & die!
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 13, 2016
WIZGUY69:
[s]

idiot.

I didn't ask you to quote me.
besides, you are the frustrated bastard here.

quote me again & die!

ONLY TRYING TO GET A PETULANT IGNORAMUS TO APPRECIATE HISTORY AND NOT MIX THINGS UP sad . I MEANT NO HARM
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by gunpoint(m): 2:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Noneroone:
Awolowo would remain under Bello's arm so long as ZIK did same. If Zik held them by the arms , the same Awolowo would advice him to go under bello's arms like him so they could 'develop their regions' and leave Bello to his backwardness. Yet the same awolowo secretly schemed to be at the center and hold them by the arms. His advice to zik was born out of envy and to just check his moves.
What a convoluted way of explaining a probably simple idea you have in your head.
Anyways, i have given up on humanity.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Obafemi Awolowo Pictured Together by Noneroone(m): 9:01am On Oct 13, 2016
gunpoint:

What a convoluted way of explaining a probably simple idea you have in your head.
Anyways, i have given up on my life.
pls do the needful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha Campaigning For Akeredolu Aketi In Akure (Photos) / Fayose Embraces Buhari's School Feeding Programme / Oby Ezekwesili Faults Economy For Beggarly Attitude Of Gatemen, Security Guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.