Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Waist Training Corsets: Trend Or Fad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Waist Training Corsets: Trend Or Fad? (793 Views)

Who Else Has Noticed This Trend Among Pregnant Women? / Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels / 12 Year-old Conjoined Twins Bound At The Waist Wish Never To Be Separated(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waist Training Corsets: Trend Or Fad? by Mamagidi(f): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
Waist training is still trendy. Oh! How shapy those waist training corsets make women. Celebrities make the practice more popular because of the tremendous results they give. But could it also be a fad? Just like every new fitness trend, there are pros and cons. Waist training is great! But is it healthy for you? Do the pros outweigh the cons? Before you try it, get the facts right! And in getting your facts right, here are some things to noteā€¦

1. Temporary Results.
Waist training corsets will only give the best results when worn under your clothing. They do not alter your waist shape or redistribute fats. Once the corset is off, your waist goes back to normal.

2. They can Decrease Your Core Strength.
While you may want to have the hour-glass shape even after a new birth, you need to be careful. Waist training corsets provide support to a loose skin. They also support the core muscle. But experts say that too much of that support can weaken the muscles. These corsets do not tighten your abs or make the uterus shrink fast. And if your core muscles are not stimulated, they will lose the strength and tone they once had.

3. Work Outs may not Produce Effective Results.
Advocates have made a case for waist training corsets. They defend them as being able to promote sweating and loss of water weight. However, these corsets may restrict some certain movements during exercises. They also affect your ability to take in long, deep breaths as the lung cannot expand to full capacity. These are asides the fact that they do not necessarily help you lose water weight. You can click for more here

What do you think of waist training corsets? Is it still trendy? Or has it become a fad like so many other fashion kits?
Re: Waist Training Corsets: Trend Or Fad? by damiso(f): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
I see a lot people wearing them to the Gym or while working out .. Guess it works for them.A lot swear that it helped strengthen their core and get flat abs.

I have not/don't intend to try it though cos they are so darn uncomfortable even when you wear them when not working out embarassed

The concept has been around in different forms for a while now though i.e corsets,girdles, body magic etc so I don't think its going anywhere soon. I guess the fad bit might be people training/working out in them.

1 Like

Re: Waist Training Corsets: Trend Or Fad? by thorpido(m): 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
damiso:
I see a lot people wearing them to the Gym or while working out .. Guess it works for them.A lt swear that it helped strengthen their core and get flat abs

I have not/don't intend to try it though cos they are so darn uncomfortable even when you wear them when not working out embarassed

The concept has been around in different forms for a while now though ieorsets,girdles, body magic etc so I don't think its going anywhere soon. I guess the fad bit might be people training/working out in them.

Wearing a waist clincher while exercising,especially if you are doing exercises for the abdominals is counter-productive.It doesn't allow your abdominal and back muscles to be exercised adequately but gives the false impression that your stomach muscles are getting tighter.
It doesn't allow your lungs to take in air adequately too.

@Op,I'll say it's just a fad.

1 Like

Re: Waist Training Corsets: Trend Or Fad? by damiso(f): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
thorpido:
Wearing a waist clincher while exercising,especially if you are doing exercises for the abdominals is counter-productive.It doesn't allow your abdominal and back muscles to be exercised adequately but gives the false impression that your stomach muscles are getting tighter.
It doesn't allow your lungs to take in air adequately too.

@Op,I'll say it's just a fad.

I guessed as much .but I am not a trained fitness instructor /personal trainer so tend to try not to argue with people who say something is working for them

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls A New Job Or My Family Which Should I Take. / Tears And Pain....God Hear The Cry Of A Mother / Free Ankara Craft Training!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.