Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,244 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) (25317 Views)

Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) / Evolution Of Phone Size In Nearest Future (picture) / The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by kirchofff(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nice
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by 989900: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
"Neeg*rs get jealous when they see you with your mobile phone." --Tupac.

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by kennosklint(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
I still use d no 1 up till nw
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Xandred(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
hmmm.. Android unco?
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Artless360(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
Artless360:
Every comment posted was a hit back to back frm Juma'at kareem to ol my Muslim brodaz nd sistaz., to Juma'at kareem to ol my Muslim brodaz nd sistaz..Juma'at kareem evrybdy.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by maggilove(f): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
Its more than this now, it feels good to say I know all these telephone except d first one.
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by ChuxMyk(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
LegalBaby:
i don old

shout out to Nokia for always been so loyal
Lol. Nyc
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by austino3050(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hmm! Good one.
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by yemoxyl(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
The giant antenna be like walkietalkie
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Onegai(f): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
OP you missed this one.

No. 3 was a "Nought-Nine-Nought" number grin

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by mondob2k(m): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
As the phones are getting smarter, the people are getting dumber..

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by noblegrex: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Laveda:
The technology of then mehn!!! Was just too old fashioned cheesy cheesy
it was never old fashioned then.you only know its old fashioned now.
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by olayinkajnr(m): 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
sketcherJ:
4. till there were no more antennas

I don't want to sound ignorant, but OP there are still antennas in phones. It's just reduced to the minimum and made invisible. Or what do you think phones gets their reception with? Inbuilt radio antenna.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, we are all learning.

Nice thread BTW.

2 Likes

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by 2016Deity: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
sketcherJ:
5. Bye bye to antennas

Now do you notice any difference ? yes, there are no more antennas on the phones, the phone manufacturers had found a way to make the phone function well without the use of the antennas. the popular Nokia 3310 featured well in this era and was the first of its kind to have no antennas.

Phone ahu abughi Nokia 3310, Uche gi dikwa ya
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by ricsman(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by ricsman(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
Smartsyn:
Not just Nigeria, but generally..
when u listen to some PDP achievements for the past years if their reign, u hear we brought communication to the people. when in the real sense that period was when communication began to be avoidable to the low income earners.
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
cold:
Reminds me of David Mark and his infamous quote 'telephones are not for the poor'..sigh

In fairness to David Mark...he made the comment back in 1986.....when we still had an analog system that cost a lot to maintain, meaning that an average phone subscriber had to pay a lot of money so that the system stayed well maintained.

Now...we have the GSM which thanks to advances in technology, ie the silicon chip, as well as improvements in production, and satellite technology (what used to be wonderful in the 80's is now commonplace...as an example, your phone has far more computing power than a mainframe computer did in the 1980's)....telephones have been able to reach the poor.
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
Motorola the company that played a big role in the evolution is dead and would be buried soonest by lenovo

Morale of the story: DON'T SLEEP OR SLUMBER

2 Likes

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2016
ollah1:
Motorola the company that played a big role in the evolution is dead and would be buried soonest by lenovo

Morale of the story: DON'T SLEEP OR SLUMBER

Moto even invented the cell phone essentially....the first cell phone was produced by them in 1973.

As you said....stay competitive. Don't rest on past glories.
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by luthorcorp: 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
good so can someone predict the next one after android/touchscreens coz I'm having a hard time wrapping my head over the next thing after touch screens

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by KingsJohnson(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
cold:
Reminds me of David Mark and his infamous quote 'telephones are not for the poor'..sigh

You reminded me of something also, pls where on earth has that Nigerian Number One Fool been to??

We keep telling them dat an insult against d poor is an insult against the gods, but they never listened.......
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by kayalla(f): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
easyfem:
We are getting there

where else u wan go? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Rollingdice(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
luthorcorp:
good so can someone predict the next one after android/touchscreens coz I'm having a hard time wrapping my head over the next thing after touch screens

Hologram phones grin
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by bigass123(m): 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
You dey mind dat mofo angry

cold:
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by luthorcorp: 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
Rollingdice:

Hologram phones grin
oga which one is hologram phone again,how does it looks like? care to describe?
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by angeltolly(f): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
How about evolution of phone size embarassed grin

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by plendil: 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
angeltolly:
How about evolution of phone size embarassed grin

seriously! these smart phones are just becoming too big for my liking.

1 Like

Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by Youngpo413: 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
luthorcorp:
Foldable and transparent screens will be the next thing,eg,those ones used in the movie "AVENGERS"
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by UjSizzle(f): 12:21am On Jan 09, 2016
Cool. We still have the desk set in our village house alongside the telephone directory.

Good 'ole naija smiley
Re: Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) by TheAdvocate(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2016
Shehucom:
If you no use that desk phone, then you must be from the indomie generation. I remember then, we would wait at iya laja house waiting to receive a call from lagos. You need to see the speed we take run so as not to miss the call.. Good old days

Yes bro and the volume of the ringing can wake up the death grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Newly Reduced 4.5GB Data Plan Price And It's Useable Both Day And Night. / Photo: Who Remember This Game / The Good The Bad & The "WorWor": The InnJoo 2 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.