Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. (3161 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 / OMG!!! Blackberry Is Moving Completely To Android OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by lezz(m): 1:43am On Jan 10, 2016
petaling:

Stop the misinformation.
Samsung is a multi-OS company. It builds for Android, Tizen and Windows.
It makes more money than any other OM from Android.
Their flagship tablet, the S - series are still the most Powerful Android tablet.
Samsung has no plan of dropping Android for now.
It develops Tizen to avoid 100% reliance on Google Android.
Oh, Tizen will be shrouded in doubt and then fail just like Bada did.

Samsung doesn't have the muscle or experience to pull off an operating system now that each operating systems rely on ecosystem to survive. That's one of the reasons Samsung's Bada OS failed spectacularly.

Don't forget Samsung doesn't even take credit for Tizen . you remember meego? It used to be Meamo or something --that joint project OS from Nokia and Intel that powered Nokia N9 and N900. That's the OS Samsung picked and dusted then tweaked a little and calls it Tizen.

In the world of competing OEM's, No one will trust an Operating system built by another OEM who will be competing with them on same market. It is one of the reasons S60 wasn't really trusted back in the days of Nokia's dominance.

We expect to see Tizen confined to Samsung gears and cameras at best.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Booyakasha(f): 8:38am On Jan 10, 2016
Youngpo413:
that's what samsung normally do when microsoft upgrades their OS,"galaxies" are not only for the great android,the first samsung tab running windows was the galaxy Ativ during windows 8,then followed by galaxy Ativ 2,during windows 8.1,so this dead on arrival windows 10,samsung will surely try their luck too,even other OEMs,but at the end,all of them will still return to the great android....the only threat to the great Android is that fruity company and I believe with time,they too will pass,as for windows mobile,that one is dead already,what goes around comes around,they killed my lovely Nokia and hoping to live? That's a mission impossible! (Rogue Nation).
Nokia will revive themselve this year.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Youngpo413: 10:40am On Jan 10, 2016
Booyakasha:
Nokia will revive themselve this year.
I pray so
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by safo99(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
lezz:
Oh, Tizen will shrouded in doubt and then fail just like Bada did.

Samsung doesn't have the muscle or experience to pull off an operating system now that each operating systems rely on ecosystem to survive. That's one of the reasons Samsung's Bada OS failed spectacularly.

Don't forget Samsung doesn't even take credit for Tizen . you remember meego? It used to be Meamo or something --that joint project OS from Nokia and Intel that powered Nokia N9 and N900. That's the OS Samsung picked and dusted then tweaked a little and calls it Tizen.

In the world of competing OEM's, No one will trust an Operating system built by another OEM who will be competing with them on same market. It is one of the reasons S60 wasn't really trusted back in the days of Nokia's dominance.

We expect to see Tizen confined to Samsung gears and cameras at best.
To me o.. I feel tizen will continue to grow because d indians love it.. D samsung z1 was a huge success in india and bangladesh..das y dey overtook bb as d 4th largest os.. Developers nw are trooping in developing apps for d platform.. And u can see how tizen works flawlessly on d gear s2.. Samsung just released d z3 nw in india and bangladesh and a new version of tizen.. Let's watch and see d success d new device will bring
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by safo99(m): 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
I love sammy as a company so much.. Dey don't rely completely on oda companies to provide dem hardwares.. Samsung produce their screens(amoled) they produce their chipsets (exynos) they have their own camera department(isocell and britecell).. Their own OS(tizen).. Wen oda oems were complaining abt snapdragon 810..samsung simply left d 810 and used their soc and it was a success..only fell short of the apple A9 chipset..I love it dat they are not relyin fully on anybody and android...
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by lezz(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
safo99:

To me o.. I feel tizen will continue to grow because d indians love it..
India alone can't change mobile roadmap. Android is still number one in india. The growth of a platform in a single country can't be used as a success indicator.
safo99:
D samsung z1 was a huge success in india and bangladesh..das y dey overtook bb as d 4th largest os..
BlackBerry is fated in a sudden eventual death that is nigh. BlackBerry has been dead the world over even when it was so hyped in Nigeria. Many European countries and middle East countries has banned the use of the OS and device. Not even in USA and Canada is BlackBerry OS a big thing.
safo99:
Developers nw are trooping in developing apps for d platform..
You mean samsung's own home developers. Which third party software developer will invest effort, time and money to develope programme for an OS that has no clear roadmap, that is not a leading OS in any country or region? An OS that has only two mobile phone devices running on it? Samsung can use PR and pay low-level developers to promote this OS but it will eventually head the path of Bada.
safo99:
And u can see how tizen works flawlessly on d gear s2.. Samsung just released d z3 nw in india and bangladesh and a new version of tizen.. Let's watch and see d success d new device will bring
You mean it works flawlessly with Samsung gear/mobile wristwatches? That's not same as a mobile phone. It took Google years to attain a reasonable stability.

Beside an OS can only survive based on the ecosystem the developer and maintainers can build. Samsung doesn't have it and never will. Tizen is for accessories, that's where it will end up eventually.

So you think, HTC, sony, LG, Nokia, etc will in the future use Tizen? Laughs. OEMs building OS, those days died with Nokia. And that's one of the key reasons android survived, apart from its open source policy; All the OEM supported it because Google was a none competitor and thus trusted.

If Tizen succeeds, Samsung will have an advantage over other OEM. Cant work.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
lezz:
India alone can't change mobile roadmap. Android is still number one in india. The growth of a platform in a single country can't be used as a success indicator. BlackBerry is fated in a sudden eventual death that is nigh. BlackBerry has been dead the world over even when it was so hyped in Nigeria. Many European countries and middle East countries has banned the use of the OS and device. Not even in USA and Canada is BlackBerry OS a big thing. You mean samsung's own home developers. Which third party software developer will invest effort, time and money to develope programme for an OS that has no clear roadmap, that is not a leading OS in any country or region? An OS that has only two mobile phone devices running on it? Samsung can use PR and pay low-level developers to promote this OS but it will eventually head the path of Bada. You mean it works flawlessly with Samsung gear/mobile wristwatches? That's not same as a mobile phone. It took Google years to attain a reasonable stability.

Beside an OS can only survive based on the ecosystem the developer and maintainers can build. Samsung doesn't have it and never will. Tizen is for accessories, that's where it will end up eventually.

So you think, HTC, sony, LG, Nokia, etc will in the future use Tizen? Laughs. OEMs building OS, those days died with Nokia. And that's one of the key reasons android survived, apart from its open source policy; All the OEM supported it because Google was a none competitor and thus trusted.

If Tizen succeeds, Samsung will have an advantage over other OEM. Cant work.

You talk as if you have got a time machine and know exactly what the future entails. Smh
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by lezz(m): 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
ollah1:

You talk as if you have got a time machine and know exactly what the future entails. Smh
grin I've been too long in the mobile game not to be able to make acfairly accurate projection.

Long before Android came, we know symbian was going down. So Nokia hurriedly bought the entire stake and granted it near-open policy status. But It failed due to its poor ecosystem and Nokia being the best selling mobile brand who all others including Samsung, Siemens, Ericsson--later SonyEricsson, etc saw as too ambitious.
Remember even Samsung was licencing S60 from Nokia then.
Samsung is in that same shoe today trying to float a new mobile OS. I tell you, Firefox mobile OS stands a better chance than Tizen.

When Nokia teamed up with Intel to create meego, it still failed. I think OEM's want the Microsoft experience. Let a none active company hold the OS not a fellow OEM.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
lezz:
grin I've been too long in the mobile game not to be able to make acfairly accurate projection.

Long before Android came, we know symbian was going down. [/b]So Nokia hurriedly bought the entire stake and granted it near-open policy status. But It failed due to its poor ecosystem and Nokia being the best selling mobile brand who all others including Samsung, Siemens, Ericsson--later SonyEricsson, etc saw as too ambitious.
Samsung is in that same shoe today trying to float a new mobile OS. I tell you, [b]Firefox mobile OS stands a better chance than Tizen.

When Nokia teamed up with Intel to create meego, it still failed. I think OEM's want the Microsoft experience. Let a none active company hold the OS not a fellow OEM.

Guy quit hyping the hell outta urself.

@the emboldened how did you know and how do you know?
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
lezz:

Long before Android came, we know symbian was going down.So Nokia hurriedly bought the entire stake and granted it near-open policy status. But It failed due to its poor ecosystem and Nokia being the best selling mobile brand who all others including Samsung, Siemens, Ericsson--later SonyEricsson, etc saw as too ambitious.
Samsung is in that same shoe today trying to float a new mobile OS. I tell you, Firefox mobile OS stands a better chance than Tizen.

Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by lezz(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
ollah1:

grin grin grin I didn't know I was coming off as self-praising. My apologies.

Let me try to answer your questions.

When Google was rumouring to buy android, we all new if it worked it would be the end to symbian. How?

Because Nokia had the biggest stakes in symbian and owned S60 all to itself. Samsung, Siemens, Sendo, etc were paying Nokia per unit of every S60 phone they shiped. Nokia was making money from them and still beating them to the market with better software integration and hardware compatibility. On top of this, Nokia often released the latest symbian on its devices before its rivaling OEM that uses same OS.

There was little choice so Samsung and other had little choice. And then Google with no interests in mobile market was rumouring android to make completely open sourced . Nokia cried foul and bought all of symbian including UIQ (the SonyEricsson UI of symbian) and made it open sourced too.

But there's still one problem, Nokia still had a controlling share and is an OEM to be competing directly with other same OEM's in the project.

WE KNEW THEN THAT GOOGLE WILL FLY HIGH.It's one of the reasons, though not entirely why Nokia was so reluctant to join the android train.

On, the Firefox OS, some of the reasons above holds true here too. They are not an OEM and will have no motive to seek personal advantage in market share. They can create and pull a bigger ecosystem than Samsung.

Hope I'm clear, at least, understood.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
lezz:
grin grin grin I didn't know I was coming off as self-praising. My apologies.

Let me try to answer your questions.

When Google was rumouring to buy android, we all new if it worked it would be the end to symbian. How?

Because Nokia had the biggest stakes in symbian and owned S60 all to itself. Samsung, Siemens, Sendo, etc were playing Nokia per unit of every S60 phone they shiped. Nokia was making money from them and still beating them to the market with better software integration and hardware compatibility. On top of this, Nokia often released the latest symbian on its devices before its rivaling OEM that uses same OS.

There was little choice so Samsung and other had little choice. And then Google with no interests in mobile market was rumouring android to make completely open sourced . Nokia cried foul and bought all of symbian including UIQ (the SonyEricsson UI of symbian) and made it open sourced too.

But there's still one problem, Nokia still had a controlling share and is an OEM to be competing directly with other same OEM's in the project.

WE KNEW THEN THAT GOOGLE WILL FLY HIGH.It's one of the reasons, though not entirely why Nokia was so reluctant to join the android train.

On, the Firefox OS, some of the reasons above holds true here too. They are not an OEM and will have no motive to seek personal advantage in market share. They can create and pull a bigger ecosystem than Samsung.

Hope I'm clear, at least, understood.

You are writing trash bro. Nokia killed themselves and nobody saw it coming I'm the beginning. If your software is open source and you also make phones with same software and you ensure the software is one for the best in the market while not sleeping by introducing new creative features and innovations, the said oems would use your software.

You also knew that blackberry was gonna die too right? You make use of the word "WE". Who are the "WE"?

So cos Firefox isn't an OEM nw totally means the lyrics will success ahead of Tizen? Utter crap you wrote
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by lezz(m): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
ollah1:

You are writing trash bro. Nokia killed themselves and nobody saw it coming I'm the beginning. If your software is open source and you also make phones with same software and you ensure the software is one for the best in the market while not sleeping by introducing new creative features and innovations, the said oems would use your software.

You also knew that blackberry was gonna die too right? You make use of the word "WE". Who are the "WE"?

So cos Firefox isn't an OEM nw totally means the lyrics will success ahead of Tizen? Utter crap you wrote
Bro, As soon as Google made a move to acquire android Nokia reaction is, and I Quote verbatim : Google is coming to disrupt the mobile market". This was way back in 2006. Please don't make this personal. Nokia saw it coming, I saw it coming.
That's why they bought all of symbian and open sourced it hoping to stall Google. That's why they reinvented the S60 touch starting with the 5800, remember?

Because they knew it was time. We saw it coming.

And when I meant we, I'm referring to GSM affectionadoes that were addicts from the days of palm OS, UIQ, S60, to windows mobile and Java/feature phones.

I don't want to make this personal in the line you chose but android and IOS are like yesterday to me.

I have bought a 512mb memory card for 8,500 Naira then when they were no 2gb memory card yet.

I used the first Nokia mega pixel camera phone Nokia 7610 that was just 1 mega pixel camera and followed by the 3230 1.2mp and 6630 1.3mp. That's the history I'm coming from, bro.

We were already far deep into GSM when android was only a rumour.

That's it. Take it however you may. It's all an opinion. So long.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by safo99(m): 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Egbo lezz.. U said sometin like nokia buying all of symbian and samsung and co payin nokia per unit dey sold.. And nokia stylishly updating their fones bfor d sammy and co.. Is dat not wat google is doing today.. google has mobile fones today.. And dey always provide update for their fones bfor anyoda android fone.. Y is samsung htc lg etc not complaining.. Firefox os is already dead.. Same as sailfish os.. Non of this OS gained popularity as tizen.. Not even close.. Slowly tizen will spread from india and bangladesh to oda asia countries..
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by lezz(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
safo99:
Egbo lezz.. U said sometin like nokia buying all of symbian and samsung and co payin nokia per unit dey sold.. And nokia stylishly updating their fones bfor d sammy and co.. Is dat not wat google is doing today.. google has mobile fones today.. And dey always provide update for their fones bfor anyoda android fone.. Y is samsung htc lg etc not complaining.. Firefox os is already dead.. Same as sailfish os.. Non of this OS gained popularity as tizen.. Not even close.. Slowly tizen will spread from india and bangladesh to oda asia countries..
Thanks my bro for your understanding. Google doesn't really own a phone. They contract it to OEM . first OEM was HTC , makercof g1 when android debuted. Both Samsung, LG and currently Motorola makes Google devices. So they can't really be in direct competition.

For instance, LG makes for Google but they don't put their killer features like tap to wake on their Google phones. Same with sammy and HTC.

Besides Google only makes these phones to showcase android undiluted; stock android since Samsung tweaks thiers with touchwiz, LG with optimus, HTC with HTC sense.
Re: Blackberry Moving Completely To Android In 2016.. by Borwe: 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
If all this is true, why still iOS surviving? They are as closed source as it gets. Even Nokia was never this closed. They own and only one who develop for iOS, they say what should be in it, no competition with feaures like in Android or Windows Phone. Their standard is theirs.

Why then aren't they deing? Blackberry OS which was more open than them is dead, Nokia s60 dead, Bada dead, Firefox OS dead, Sailfish OS dead, Ubuntu OS(still baby being killed before growing). What is it that makes this monkey Apple survive? they even beat Microsoft in closed sourceness.

Or maybe it is that people just like buying expensive bricks?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olla V9 Pro Phone Repair / What Uk Samsung I Can Get For 75k / Glo Free Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.